Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Dysfunction

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Unread post by KaterTot »

I think she didn't mention the names as not to offend viewers and lose money...I mean..subscribers. She seems to be highly calculated on things like that while playing the sweet Grandma card. Those two are not dumb, they just play it off. :?
YTIUH
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YTIUH »

I just watched their video with aunt Linda. Why do they laugh at her the whole time?!!! I understand the desire to lighten the mood but they sometimes laugh at her in a mean manner. I actually cried during most of this video...
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

YTIUH wrote:I just watched their video with aunt Linda. Why do they laugh at her the whole time?!!! I understand the desire to lighten the mood but they sometimes laugh at her in a mean manner. I actually cried during most of this video...
That pisses me off. I have a special needs daughter (she's higher functioning than Linda seems though) and my family would never treat her like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
skrt09

Unread post by skrt09 »

YTIUH wrote:I just watched their video with aunt Linda. Why do they laugh at her the whole time?!!! I understand the desire to lighten the mood but they sometimes laugh at her in a mean manner. I actually cried during most of this video...
I wish I took a screenshot, but a few months ago, I saw them leave a comment on one of their videos saying Aunt Linda's condition was "caused by a lack of oxygen at birth which led to her mental retardation." What the heck?
skrt09

Unread post by skrt09 »

I can't edit my above post, but I found the comment. It's the "I Don't Cry" video
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

skrt09 wrote:I can't edit my above post, but I found the comment. It's the "I Don't Cry" video

I’ll give them a pass on this. It’s not politically correct but in their generation that would have been the term the doctor used.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
skrt09 wrote:I can't edit my above post, but I found the comment. It's the "I Don't Cry" video

I’ll give them a pass on this. It’s not politically correct but in their generation that would have been the term the doctor used.

I came here to say the same thing. It's a very outdated term now and definitely not what should be said, but at their ages they probably still think it's the correct thing to say. I know they don't mean any harm or offense, like people in this site do when they said "that's so retarded" :(
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I am bored tonight, and a glutton for punishment, so when Jennifer's "How To Clean Your Bathroom" video popped up on my sidebar, I watched it. My husband listened in and now he thinks I have "found my people," which is frightening, because the Griffiths are definitely not my people. He claims that he has never known anyone else who washed baseboards, doorknobs, light switch covers, etc. Not his mother, stepmother, former girlfriends, or ex-wife. I think he is a crazy person.

Jennifer is thorough, I will give her that. And she looked very pretty during her sit-down intro. But this video does not exactly contain any new information. Somehow it has over 800 comments!! I don't get it.
YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YellowSweater1950 »

A lot of these cleaning “gurus” are trendy and try to come up with unique methods to cleaning, which tends to be confusing and complicates things.

The way Grandma Griffith cleans is how cleaning ladies clean (I worked under one for a few years! Best thing for me) and how mothers and wives would clean...thorough, but no-nonsense because you have a house to run.

I was never really taught how to clean. My mother was very dirty. Lol Vidoes like Grandma Griffith brings me back to the basics, and it’s very doable.

So that’s why they’re a hit. Lol imo
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Chad and Jennifer Griffiths: Origin of Disfunction

Unread post by lmmomSD »

RecklessDisregard wrote:I am bored tonight, and a glutton for punishment, so when Jennifer's "How To Clean Your Bathroom" video popped up on my sidebar, I watched it. My husband listened in and now he thinks I have "found my people," which is frightening, because the Griffiths are definitely not my people. He claims that he has never known anyone else who washed baseboards, doorknobs, light switch covers, etc. Not his mother, stepmother, former girlfriends, or ex-wife. I think he is a crazy person.

Jennifer is thorough, I will give her that. And she looked very pretty during her sit-down intro. But this video does not exactly contain any new information. Somehow it has over 800 comments!! I don't get it.
It may seem like overkill to do the light switch covers and doorknobs, but although cleaning the house seems important to the Griffiths, _personal_ cleanliness seems to be an (another example of their obsession with appearance over substance). Ruby and Ellie seem to brag about how long they can go without showering (although Ellie lately has that thing for Lush bath bombs). So cleaning the light switch covers and doorknobs is important. They're probably Petri dishes, especially during cold/flu season.
Now the baseboards, I only clean when I am trying to get a rental deposit back

Madsmom110
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Madsmom110 »

I love hearing this woman day vinegar. It always comes out, "vinny-gur".
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Madsmom110 wrote:I love hearing this woman day vinegar. It always comes out, "vinny-gur".

Makes me wonder if at some point she and those her age were taught to pronounce the E as a hard E, or if it's just her accent. It reminds me of Abby calling Olivia Oh-lee-via, but she has Kevin's accent more than the Griffiths accent.
Madsmom110
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Madsmom110 »

Defuego wrote:
Madsmom110 wrote:I love hearing this woman day vinegar. It always comes out, "vinny-gur".

Makes me wonder if at some point she and those her age were taught to pronounce the E as a hard E, or if it's just her accent. It reminds me of Abby calling Olivia Oh-lee-via, but she has Kevin's accent more than the Griffiths accent.
I'm sure they were taught that way and heard it growing up and just their accent in general.

I'm from the south and we really draw words out so it always strikes me funny hearing letters stressed harder than we do around here.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Momma Griffith definitely got some botox or something. She looks really different.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

ewokfan11 wrote:Momma Griffith definitely got some botox or something. She looks really different.
I dont think it's botox. And I'm not shaming by any means, but I think she's gained quite a bit of weight since her sister Sonya passed away. No judgement. I gained a bit of weight recently. oh well.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

KaterTot wrote:I think she didn't mention the names as not to offend viewers and lose money...I mean..subscribers. She seems to be highly calculated on things like that while playing the sweet Grandma card. Those two are not dumb, they just play it off. :?
I just watched that video of why they named their kids the names they have. I think that Bonnie and Ellie often let slip in the vlogs what names they hate and why they hate them, which I agree, in this instance with Grandma Griff not to mention, not to offend. Im sure she saw that her daughters do this.
aral12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aral12 »

amyfalafal wrote:
KaterTot wrote:I think she didn't mention the names as not to offend viewers and lose money...I mean..subscribers. She seems to be highly calculated on things like that while playing the sweet Grandma card. Those two are not dumb, they just play it off. :?
I just watched that video of why they named their kids the names they have. I think that Bonnie and Ellie often let slip in the vlogs what names they hate and why they hate them, which I agree, in this instance with Grandma Griff not to mention, not to offend. Im sure she saw that her daughters do this.
Out of curiosity, do you remember any of the names bonnie or Ellie mentioned?

amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

aral12 wrote:
amyfalafal wrote:
Out of curiosity, do you remember any of the names bonnie or Ellie mentioned?

No, i am not that invested in them to go back and find out. :P
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Their bedroom has been done for awhile right? I wonder if chads comment about the towel and saying Bonnie would get it for Joel every time he bathes was a bit of a jab at Joel’s poor editing of their bathtub scene a bit ago?
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Their bedroom has been done for awhile right? I wonder if chads comment about the towel and saying Bonnie would get it for Joel every time he bathes was a bit of a jab at Joel’s poor editing of their bathtub scene a bit ago?
Oh dear! I don't think they'd insert that. I think with their constant referrence that 'Joel can do anything' that they may admire their relationship. I dont think these people would understand penisgate or anything that happened there. Just my opinion.

Return to “Other Griffiths/Mechams”