Julie Deru: Part One

Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Julie Deru: Part One

Unread post by Namm »

You are so right. I guess I sounded more harsh than I meant to. They are both young, already educated with jobs so things will work out for them anyways if Youtube doesnt happen.
Just wanted to point out that a Youtube career isnt for everyone and thats why it doesn work out for some of them. Just like all the celebrity siblings who haven't made it like their successful/famous, brother/sister...
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by tratra58 »

gymchick43 wrote:We are so used to seeing these goody goody praise my wife love the lord so thankful YouTube husbands. Landon has three kids, they are obviously struggling to pay bills and school and such, I think they get some sort of social assistance or they are in low income housing? And their channel isn't growing as rapidly as the other siblings and they have to live far away. I think he just acts like most men in the real world - they have negative moments when life isn't as easy as planned, and he just isn't well practiced on his husband vlogger face.
I think they live in a townhouse, but I doubt they qualify for assistance. My guess student loans are there, but both have educations and careers or future careers that should have them do well. I got a different take on Landon who seem appreciate Julie for working and doing more than most at home when he was in med school- in their question and answer vlog. I don't know if some of her other sisters would do this since they want to be home. Interesting how his education was dual with both medicine and business which gave him an easier out after seeing med school was more than he anticipated.
PoorLoam
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by PoorLoam »

tratra58 wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:We are so used to seeing these goody goody praise my wife love the lord so thankful YouTube husbands. Landon has three kids, they are obviously struggling to pay bills and school and such, I think they get some sort of social assistance or they are in low income housing? And their channel isn't growing as rapidly as the other siblings and they have to live far away. I think he just acts like most men in the real world - they have negative moments when life isn't as easy as planned, and he just isn't well practiced on his husband vlogger face.
I think they live in a townhouse, but I doubt they qualify for assistance. My guess student loans are there, but both have educations and careers or future careers that should have them do well. I got a different take on Landon who seem appreciate Julie for working and doing more than most at home when he was in med school- in their question and answer vlog. I don't know if some of her other sisters would do this since they want to be home. Interesting how his education was dual with both medicine and business which gave him an easier out after seeing med school was more than he anticipated.
Dual degrees are very difficult. I plan on doing a JD/MA program and the course load is no joke. I'm wondering why he didn't go to KU for his MBA/MD considering the cost of living is pretty cheap here compared to KC. You get in state tuition after a year of working in Kansas so it wouldn't have been too terribly expensive. There are tons of master students here with kids, i don't know how they do it! I'm a double major double minor undergrad and thats tough enough, can't imagine having children on top of that!
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

kaylnoel wrote: Landon is in school? Does he work at all? That's a lot of pressure on Julie... I can't imagine Ruby or Ellie dealing with that.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruby did deal with that for years and years with Kevin getting 3 advanced degrees. That's why she's so cheap, because they were completely destitute at one point when he was getting his education. They lived off of food storage and couldn't even afford a Christmas ornament just a few years ago.

She's mentioned many times that it's weird that they're so well off now with Kevin being a professor and the youtube money.
Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

I like Julie, so I hate to say anything negative. But, really? Another baby when you live in a tiny townhouse and your youngest doesn't even have a room? He sleeps in the basement in a playpen, where are you going to put another baby? These girls are so obsessed with having huge families they don't stop to think what's practical.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Julie is pregnant again? I bet Ellie had steam coming out of her ears when she found out.
Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:Julie is pregnant again? I bet Ellie had steam coming out of her ears when she found out.

No she's not. But she wants to start trying again soon
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Don't watch her, but maybe she think a baby will bring her vlogging success and thus be better off?
It's very selfish but all her sisters do not work and have huge income from YT.

It was EJ who had YT full time, now it's also Bonnie and Joel.
It's really unfair...
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

I really like Julie as well, but I think she should hold off on another baby because the kids she already has seem so wild! Emma and Cooper seem like such a handful- they don't listen and I don't see how she could throw a newborn into the mix!
nugget12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nugget12 »

I think they live in a townhouse, but I doubt they qualify for assistance. My guess student loans are there, but both have educations and careers or future careers that should have them do well. I got a different take on Landon who seem appreciate Julie for working and doing more than most at home when he was in med school- in their question and answer vlog. I don't know if some of her other sisters would do this since they want to be home. Interesting how his education was dual with both medicine and business which gave him an easier out after seeing med school was more than he anticipated.[/quote]

Dual degrees are very difficult. I plan on doing a JD/MA program and the course load is no joke. I'm wondering why he didn't go to KU for his MBA/MD considering the cost of living is pretty cheap here compared to KC. You get in state tuition after a year of working in Kansas so it wouldn't have been too terribly expensive. There are tons of master students here with kids, i don't know how they do it! I'm a double major double minor undergrad and thats tough enough, can't imagine having children on top of that![/quote]

My guess is that their town house is paid for or they get a discount from the college he is going too. My husband works for a college as an Admissions Counselor and DPSO he also is working on his Master's degree for free being that he works for the college. They gave him the option of getting reduced housing on campus or in housing owned by the campus, while some of his co-workers have families and started their a few years back when they had a deal with a meal plan and free housing but their salary is not as high while they worked on their Master's. So my guess is they are in some sort of program like that. The one thing I can't stand to watch is their carseat line-up. Emma is clearly to big for her seat it is so unsafe her head is way above the shell and her brothers could easily switch with her so that they all are in a proper fitting carseat.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Julie and Landen finished the basement in the townhome. Joel and Bonnie went out and helped them, it was one of Bonnies first videos ever uploaded. Why would they finish the basement if they are renting? But Julie said they were not ready to buy a house yet?
The whole thing confuses me.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Julie Deru: Part One

Unread post by GymChick »

Maybe the landlords paid for the materials if they did the labour?

Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

Has Julie stopped working the weekend night shifts now? I haven't heard her mention working in a while.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

Rent is income based and when they move, they can get a credit for any improvements (like how they finished the basement)
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

thenightowl wrote:Rent is income based and when they move, they can get a credit for any improvements (like how they finished the basement)
How do you know that?
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

nutbagmcgee wrote:
thenightowl wrote:Rent is income based and when they move, they can get a credit for any improvements (like how they finished the basement)
How do you know that?
I forgot to add that I live in the area, I had no idea until I watched one of Julie's vlogs a while ago and recognized the area.
chs6213
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by chs6213 »

Emma is such a sweet little girl. Sad that Julie was leaving and going to Utah and she had to stay but promised to be good for Landon. Then in the car at the airport, crying quietly and saying she missed Julie already. Kids quietly crying always gets me, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

Julie announced she no longer has to work. I guess her youtube income is getting them by.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

seriously7 wrote:Julie announced she no longer has to work. I guess her youtube income is getting them by.
She worked for insurance benefits while Landon was in school I am pretty sure. Now that he has a job she doesn't have to anymore.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

I wish she was actually passionate about nursing. I'm a mom and a workaholic nurse- I need a YouTube mom to relate too lol if she worked more as a nurse they could be making much more money together- it's good pay.

Return to “Other Griffiths/Mechams”