Julie Deru: Part One

WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Julie Deru: Part One

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

Julie just posted an all around great video imo. It included some of Cooper's speech therapy. Cooper has had a speech therapist come out to the home to ork with him for the past 18 months or so and he is apparently improving quite well. With as much talk as there is about speech therapy on many of the threads, I thought it very interesting to actually see it. I'm also impressed that Julie reached out and got her son help as not all of her sisters are willing to do what is in the best interest of their child. The more I see of Julie, the more I like her. Also, Landon looked stunning in a suit!
aprilfromengland
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by aprilfromengland »

Wow Julie seemed pissed in her latest video, she's clearly been getting a lot of comments about their situation.... She answered questions very passive aggressive.

Also Julie if you read here... Some people wait until their 30's to have children because they want to set themselves up financially perhaps and own their home, be settled in their careers etc so they are happy and stable once their children are here. Landon and Julie seem to be struggling with all the changes they have made and both working aswell as having 3kids to look after and provide for. It seems to me from watching the griffths mainly ruby and Julie that finances don't play a part in their decision to have children. They just keep having them and then have keep up with all the costs.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

Did anyone watch their love story video? I thought it was cute. I didn't know they had lost two pregnancies. The 14 week miscarriage would be so devastating especially.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I liked that video, I like that they included old photos, landon's poem and the video of them when Landon got home from his mission. It was a really cute video.
aprilfromengland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by aprilfromengland »

Another griffth girl who always seems so sad. I swear there's only Bonnie who seems happy most of the time and doesn't complain constantly!

Julie's vlogs are not enjoyable to watch at all. I sit there feeling bad for them and felling sorry for them because they seem to be juggling a lot with Julie working, Landon at school and the kids. But then Reality kicks me up the butt and I think they have put themselves in this situation it's there own doing!!! They seem to be struggling! Why do these people just have children and carry on having children without financial security and life stability? They've made it hard for themselves obviously things always work out and life isn't always easy but I sure hope they wait until they are settled and financial secure before having another child!
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by saltliferocks »

I give mass props to ANY and all patient care providers. No matter what your title is... Add night shift to that, and you are a Saint in my book..
You're right. She's boring, however, I would LOVE and dare Ellie to follow Julie on one 12 hour shift, so she can see how hard people actually work for their paycheck..
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I think that they just show how life is for a lot of people these days. The cost of living and raising kids is so expensive and most people work full time and raise kids. Being Mormon and expected to have babies right out of high school probably doesn't help. They both work hard for what they have and I think that's great. It must be so frustrating to see your sister and brother in law building this huge brand new house when they barely work while you're working nights as a nurse and your husband is working and studying and you probably see each other for 10 minutes a day.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

staceybrax wrote:I think that they just show how life is for a lot of people these days. The cost of living and raising kids is so expensive and most people work full time and raise kids. Being Mormon and expected to have babies right out of high school probably doesn't help. They both work hard for what they have and I think that's great. It must be so frustrating to see your sister and brother in law building this huge brand new house when they barely work while you're working nights as a nurse and your husband is working and studying and you probably see each other for 10 minutes a day.
Omg yes, as a nurse I can't stand the fact that Ellie thinks they worked so hard for what they have! Gah! I would be so petty and jealous! I respect Julie for working night shift, she just started a new job too so it's stressful with the learning curve on top of finding a new day to day routine. I will prob be complaining and slightly sad the first few months when I go back to work after maternity leave.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

gymchick43 wrote:
staceybrax wrote:I think that they just show how life is for a lot of people these days. The cost of living and raising kids is so expensive and most people work full time and raise kids. Being Mormon and expected to have babies right out of high school probably doesn't help. They both work hard for what they have and I think that's great. It must be so frustrating to see your sister and brother in law building this huge brand new house when they barely work while you're working nights as a nurse and your husband is working and studying and you probably see each other for 10 minutes a day.
Omg yes, as a nurse I can't stand the fact that Ellie thinks they worked so hard for what they have! Gah! I would be so petty and jealous! I respect Julie for working night shift, she just started a new job too so it's stressful with the learning curve on top of finding a new day to day routine. I will prob be complaining and slightly sad the first few months when I go back to work after maternity leave.
I have so much respect for nurses, especially nurses who are parents as well. I work nights but only until midnight so I don't get to bed until 1am and then get up with my kids at 7am when my partner goes to work and so I get a decent amount of sleep but some days I am so tired I could sleep standing up. I don't know how people do it when they literally work all night and then spend the day with their kids and then go back to work at night.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

I reslly enjoyed their "love story" and I believe they are a great team. I have a ton of respect for Julie as she's come farther than any of her sisters educationally. She works really hard, hardly sleeps, yet never complains about being tired. She kniws how to make and keep friends, creating a support system fir her family. She's making it in the real world and I've got nothing but respect for her.
Nini12
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nini12 »

I was just checking her channel and the "I have a secret" vlog is trending in Russia
^^^ Sorry if there are any mistakes guys, english is not my first language
meganshay
Informer
Informer

Unread post by meganshay »

Nini12 wrote:I was just checking her channel and the "I have a secret" vlog is trending in Russia
"Playing in bedroom" as a tag? Do I just have a dirty mind or is that not a family friendly search term?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Julie Deru: Part One

Unread post by GymChick »

Didn't know so many people would take a marshmallow test so seriously lmfao. Some people. And I could totally tell that Emma was teasing about the damn "leprechaun" lol she knew her mom knew the truth, she was just trying to be funny. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016042 ... be5bc2.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016042 ... f15c58.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016042 ... f22058.jpg[/img]
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016042 ... 91d464.jpg[/img]
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

gymchick43 wrote:Didn't know so many people would take a marshmallow test so seriously lmfao. Some people. And I could totally tell that Emma was teasing about the damn "leprechaun" lol she knew her mom knew the truth, she was just trying to be funny. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016042 ... be5bc2.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016042 ... f15c58.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016042 ... f22058.jpg[/img]
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016042 ... 91d464.jpg[/img]
Never watched Julie... But that was really sweet of Ruby to say. And just based on Ellie and Jared's and Bonnie's vlogs... They're right. Emma and Russell, no comparison. But I still hated seeing Russell so sad. Such an adorable little boy!
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

Today's vlog was the first full vlog of Julie's that I've seen. I have to say, I really like her! I loved that she admitted she was wrong about the booster, that takes courage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
kiwimumof-5
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kiwimumof-5 »

i like Julie, I find her the most down to earth and humble of the siblings.
huge respect for her doing nursing, its a demanding job
smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by smellycat801 »

Just started watching recently, but I like her so far. They seem like a sweet family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
chs6213
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by chs6213 »

I don't watch them often but she does seem very sweet. It must be hard to work the hours she does and take care of the three kids during the day. Landon is in school? Does he work at all? That's a lot of pressure on Julie... especially if he doesn't work at the moment. I can't imagine Ruby or Ellie dealing with that.

I think Emma is just adorable. The boys are too but Emma's personality is so sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

kaylnoel wrote:I don't watch them often but she does seem very sweet. It must be hard to work the hours she does and take care of the three kids during the day. Landon is in school? Does he work at all? That's a lot of pressure on Julie... especially if he doesn't work at the moment. I can't imagine Ruby or Ellie dealing with that.

I think Emma is just adorable. The boys are too but Emma's personality is so sweet.

Julie works the weekends at night and Landon works M-F during the week.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

kaylnoel wrote:I don't watch them often but she does seem very sweet. It must be hard to work the hours she does and take care of the three kids during the day. Landon is in school? Does he work at all? That's a lot of pressure on Julie... especially if he doesn't work at the moment. I can't imagine Ruby or Ellie dealing with that.

They deplict real life with their young family who isn't living off of YouTube. She works much harder than her sisters on the night shifts as a nurse so the lack of sleep could change her perspective. It is good to see parents working at or on viable careers. No far fetched trips, extravagant houses etc...

Return to “Other Griffiths/Mechams”