Off-Topic Banter Part 5

Jessica911
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Off-Topic Banter Part 5

Unread post by Jessica911 »

Well I had a scary day yesterday. My boyfriend had four teeth extracted, fast forward 2 to 3 hours later he was still bleeding through the gauze. It didn't seem concerning and I just kept saying, "it will stop soon, it has to stop soon" I wasn't worried at all. I honestly thought he was being dramatic because it didn't seem like much blood.

He came out of the bathroom and started saying, "I don't feel good, I feel light headed." I just told him to sit down and went to get him some water, when I went to hand him the water he started shaking and spilling the water. He kept repeating "I'm dizzy" and right before my eyes he turned a ghost white/yellow, I've never seen somebody that color he literally looked like a corpse. I began panicking a little and called my mom over, "mom does he look pale to you? Mom?!" She looked at him and immediately started running around the kitchen making a make shift gatorade with water, sugar, and salt. He became totally unresponsive, his eyes were rolling back and he kept repeating "I'm tired, I feel really tired." We were trying to decide if we should drive to the hospital, or call an ambulance but he began drinking and seemed like he was getting better.

His color began to slowly flush back, but his skin felt clammy and cold. He then downed like 4 cups of water and started eating yogurt, my mom knew he was dehydrated and all the hospital would have done was give him fluids. He was extremely dehydrated and I think he did lose a lot of blood but also freaked himself out. He became responsive again and his color looked good, he said he didn't feel like he needed to go the hospital so we all calmed down. He's completely fine now but I don't think I've ever been that scared, his body went into shock and if we weren't able to get him to drink I know he would've passed out and we would have called an ambulance. It almost looked like he was seizing at one point... That was the huge panic moment. If I was that worried about a 23 year old man, I don't know what I would do if it was my child! :P Anyways sorry for the long post, felt like telling a story.
ImageImage
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

Caleb's mom has all these cousins...that Caleb hasn't even met and she wants to invite them all.
We told her it was okay, and how many should we expect?

SHE SAID 25.
25 people I have never even seen in photographs.
We explained that we didn't want to spend the whole day meeting people and she understood.

Lord help me though. 25. That's at least 1/3 of who we have on our guest list now.
whatsername_

Jessica911 wrote:Well I had a scary day yesterday. My boyfriend had four teeth extracted, fast forward 2 to 3 hours later he was still bleeding through the gauze. It didn't seem concerning and I just kept saying, "it will stop soon, it has to stop soon" I wasn't worried at all. I honestly thought he was being dramatic because it didn't seem like much blood.

He came out of the bathroom and started saying, "I don't feel good, I feel light headed." I just told him to sit down and went to get him some water, when I went to hand him the water he started shaking and spilling the water. He kept repeating "I'm dizzy" and right before my eyes he turned a ghost white/yellow, I've never seen somebody that color he literally looked like a corpse. I began panicking a little and called my mom over, "mom does he look pale to you? Mom?!" She looked at him and immediately started running around the kitchen making a make shift gatorade with water, sugar, and salt. He became totally unresponsive, his eyes were rolling back and he kept repeating "I'm tired, I feel really tired." We were trying to decide if we should drive to the hospital, or call an ambulance but he began drinking and seemed like he was getting better.

His color began to slowly flush back, but his skin felt clammy and cold. He then downed like 4 cups of water and started eating yogurt, my mom knew he was dehydrated and all the hospital would have done was give him fluids. He was extremely dehydrated and I think he did lose a lot of blood but also freaked himself out. He became responsive again and his color looked good, he said he didn't feel like he needed to go the hospital so we all calmed down. He's completely fine now but I don't think I've ever been that scared, his body went into shock and if we weren't able to get him to drink I know he would've passed out and we would have called an ambulance. It almost looked like he was seizing at one point... That was the huge panic moment. If I was that worried about a 23 year old man, I don't know what I would do if it was my child! :P Anyways sorry for the long post, felt like telling a story.

Oh my gosh! You did have a really scary day. :(
I'm glad everything worked out for you, but that's terrifying!
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

Jessica911 wrote:Well I had a scary day yesterday. My boyfriend had four teeth extracted, fast forward 2 to 3 hours later he was still bleeding through the gauze. It didn't seem concerning and I just kept saying, "it will stop soon, it has to stop soon" I wasn't worried at all. I honestly thought he was being dramatic because it didn't seem like much blood.

That sounds like a fainting spell in every little bit.
Yeah, I remember the first time I fainted, my mom freaked out big time.
When you have a syncope you have cold sweats. A LOT. You lose a LOT of fluids. It's good that you drink tons after it. You become pasty white, you hear sort of a ringing sound in your ears, you see pitch black, you don't have strength to talk (momentary lack of blood and oxigen to the brain). it feels kind of awful, you feel nausea, sometimes you feel like you need to release the bladder, if you try standing up you black out completely, if not you have to wait for a few minutes for it to pass. It really scary but it's not serious 99.9% of the times. It's the blood loss or the panic of the situation.
I hope it's all good now ;)
up all night, got demons to fight
Jessica911
Gossiper
Gossiper

sleep84 wrote:

That sounds like a fainting spell in every little bit.
Yeah, I remember the first time I fainted, my mom freaked out big time.
When you have a syncope you have cold sweats. A LOT. You lose a LOT of fluids. It's good that you drink tons after it. You become pasty white, you hear sort of a ringing sound in your ears, you see pitch black, you don't have strength to talk (momentary lack of blood and oxigen to the brain). it feels kind of awful, you feel nausea, sometimes you feel like you need to release the bladder, if you try standing up you black out completely, if not you have to wait for a few minutes for it to pass. It really scary but it's not serious 99.9% of the times. It's the blood loss or the panic of the situation.
I hope it's all good now ;)
When he first sat down he said, "I can't hear anything" he also said he doesn't remember any of it. He has passed out before, he said he knew exactly what was happening when he felt light headed.
ImageImage
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

Just had an 11 hour blackout in my city to a town 3 hours away. It was hot and uncomfortable, lucky I slept through most of it.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
hjl226

Unread post by hjl226 »

Way to freak me out I just had 2 teeth pulled today. I was so dizzy when they numbed my mouth
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

Ech....I have low blood pressure and faint quite a lot. Fluorescent lights set me off, I can't stand under them. It's horrible.

The spots in vision start, the rushing noise in the ears......God I hate it.
Jessica911
Gossiper
Gossiper

I almost died when I woke up this morning, I rolled over to see my boyfriend covered in blood. I guess the blood clot got disturbed or something in his sleep, his mouth was full of blood and it was all over his face and pillow. He was still asleep so I guess it didn't bother him too much. :P I thought he was dying of internal bleeding or something when I analyzed the situation half asleep haha
ImageImage
sleep84
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by sleep84 »

Jessica911 wrote:I almost died when I woke up this morning, I rolled over to see my boyfriend covered in blood. I guess the blood clot got disturbed or something in his sleep, his mouth was full of blood and it was all over his face and pillow. He was still asleep so I guess it didn't bother him too much. :P I thought he was dying of internal bleeding or something when I analyzed the situation half asleep haha
Good for you! I would've screamed therefore waken up the boyfriend therefore making him more tired and cranky.
Good girlfriend, you were rational and let him sleep! lol
up all night, got demons to fight
Jessica911
Gossiper
Gossiper

sleep84 wrote:
Jessica911 wrote:I almost died when I woke up this morning, I rolled over to see my boyfriend covered in blood. I guess the blood clot got disturbed or something in his sleep, his mouth was full of blood and it was all over his face and pillow. He was still asleep so I guess it didn't bother him too much. :P I thought he was dying of internal bleeding or something when I analyzed the situation half asleep haha
Good for you! I would've screamed therefore waken up the boyfriend therefore making him more tired and cranky.
Good girlfriend, you were rational and let him sleep! lol
He was actually really scared when he woke up, I had already figured out why he was bleeding so I was able to calm him down. Then I went downstairs and made him a smoothie since he can't talk or chew haha
ImageImage
thegooseiscooked

Gawd....sounds like he should've stayed in hospital for a few nights.
Jessica911
Gossiper
Gossiper

thegooseiscooked wrote:Gawd....sounds like he should've stayed in hospital for a few nights.
Right? I never would have thought pulling teeth would cause all these problems. :?
ImageImage
MakeupGirly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MakeupGirly »

Poor guy, he really got the rough end of the stick!
Jessica911
Gossiper
Gossiper

Well I just got home from work, and he's still bleeding... I think I see a hospital visit in our future.
ImageImage
Jessica911
Gossiper
Gossiper

Jessica911 wrote:Well I just got home from work, and he's still bleeding... I think I see a hospital visit in our future.
He collapsed at work. :(
ImageImage
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

Dear bus drivers who decided to ignore my frantic waving in the fucking pouring rain.

Go fuck yourself with a cactus, I'm late for work you fucks.
whatsername_

Yue195 wrote:Dear bus drivers who decided to ignore my frantic waving in the fucking pouring rain.

I always forget about time differences...
I legit was like, "damn, she works early!"
It's like 1:45 in the morning, lol.

Ooops. :tosskiss:
thegooseiscooked

Jessica911 wrote:
Jessica911 wrote:Well I just got home from work, and he's still bleeding... I think I see a hospital visit in our future.
He collapsed at work. :(
Not good, hope he is back in hospital and feels better soon xx
Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

whatsername_ wrote:
Yue195 wrote:Dear bus drivers who decided to ignore my frantic waving in the fucking pouring rain.

I always forget about time differences...
I legit was like, "damn, she works early!"
It's like 1:45 in the morning, lol.

Ooops. :tosskiss:
Lol, I was really frustrated about it. I'm the same, everyone is like " damn its late, I'm going to bed " and I'm here going " It's lunch time, what the.... oh right"

Return to “Off Topic Archive”