• Advertisement

OKTimeToWorkAgain | Part 17

Re: OKTimeToWorkAgain | Part 17

Postby Steps_to_STFU » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:41 am

It doesn't matter if one is the mother and one is the child. If they have a relationship in good standing and one can't travel but the other can then that is who goes and sees the other. Ridiculous, one may not have the funds.
Steps_to_STFU
Talker

Advertisement

Postby Bibu3353 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:04 am

Steps_to_STFU wrote:It doesn't matter if one is the mother and one is the child. If they have a relationship in good standing and one can't travel but the other can then that is who goes and sees the other. Ridiculous, one may not have the funds.
I really don't think they have a good standing relationship

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
Bibu3353
Amateur

Postby scjara0730 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:06 am

if kyras mom couldn’t afford to visit them i’d think kyra would help her by paying for the flight or something i’ve seen other youtubers fly out their parents so i didn’t think that was a problem just that she works but you can always request time off but whatever the reason it’s so odd to me just because my mom could never go without seeing my nephew for that long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scjara0730
Amateur

Postby Whateverumean » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:07 am

Wonder what’s the reason not to meet grandma Cathy?
Whateverumean
Informer

Postby Steps_to_STFU » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:45 am

Bibu3353 wrote:
Steps_to_STFU wrote:It doesn't matter if one is the mother and one is the child. If they have a relationship in good standing and one can't travel but the other can then that is who goes and sees the other. Ridiculous, one may not have the funds.
I really don't think they have a good standing relationship

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

That's alright. But as people have said what about Grandma. These two travel anywhere and everywhere but can't see other family. It's odd.
Steps_to_STFU
Talker

Postby wolflily23 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:48 am

ugh I don't know how they let their kids go places/with people looking so messy! Oscar dropping Levi off with Kyra's dad with scruffy looking Christmas pjs and food all over his face. I don't know, maybe I'm too over the top but when I take my daughter out anywhere I take pride in her looking cute and clean.
wolflily23
Informer

Postby wolflily23 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:04 am

sorry for the double post but I have never seen anyone put their kid to bed like they're covering up birds in a birdcage LOL
Whats with the blanket over the playpen? Just turning out the light would have been good no?
wolflily23
Informer

Postby Coastiechick_1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:47 am

wolflily23 wrote:sorry for the double post but I have never seen anyone put their kid to bed like they're covering up birds in a birdcage LOL
Whats with the blanket over the playpen? Just turning out the light would have been good no?

We did something similar with our kids when they were babies while traveling. I would drape blankets on the sides of the pack and play so they didn’t see us. Neither of my kids would fall asleep or go back to sleep if they were able to see us.

Coastiechick_1
Amateur

Postby Steps_to_STFU » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:13 pm

wolflily23 wrote:ugh I don't know how they let their kids go places/with people looking so messy! Oscar dropping Levi off with Kyra's dad with scruffy looking Christmas pjs and food all over his face. I don't know, maybe I'm too over the top but when I take my daughter out anywhere I take pride in her looking cute and clean.

Not over the top at all. My kids are always in clothes to go out. I carry an extra outfit in the diaper bag incase of emergencies. They wear a bib if needed to eat and are clean after eating anything. Only time PJ's have been worn out of the house is when they were tiny (like newborn sleepers.) Or PJ day at school.

Guess I am odd
Steps_to_STFU
Talker

Postby Whateverumean » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:24 pm

Coastiechick_1 wrote:
wolflily23 wrote:sorry for the double post but I have never seen anyone put their kid to bed like they're covering up birds in a birdcage LOL

We did something similar with our kids when they were babies while traveling. I would drape blankets on the sides of the pack and play so they didn’t see us. Neither of my kids would fall asleep or go back to sleep if they were able to see us.

But no one was in the room. She basically covered the whole thing, switched off the light and closed the door.
Whateverumean
Informer

Postby shadylady » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:33 pm

OKwe'reAllBugBuddies lollll jk

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
shadylady
Amateur

Postby wolflily23 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:42 pm

Whateverumean wrote:
Coastiechick_1 wrote:

But no one was in the room. She basically covered the whole thing, switched off the light and closed the door.

Exactly. Just doesn't make much sense to me.
wolflily23
Informer

Postby sasperillo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:42 pm

With regards to Kyra being the “child” and not having to make an effort. This stops being true when you become an adult. When you’re a child your parents do everything for you, when you become an adult it’s your turn to be flexible and visit them, if they are not toxic of course. Kyra has talked a lot about growing up very poor and I think her mom is still stretching every dime with her brother. Most people don’t just get up and travel across the country because they can’t afford to or because they don’t have the job flexibility. Kyra and Oscar have zero responsibilitie in their schedule and plenty of money, if they wanted to see her mom, Brandon and grandma Kathy they should go. Kyra has also addressed the issues with her mom in the last and she said that they didn’t used to be close but that they have a good relationship now. I doubt she’s toxic as someone else stated. Luckily the kids have Plenty of grandparents considering that both of Oscar’s parents and their spouses visit often (even though Kurtis seems very distant) as well as Kyra’s dad so I don’t think they’re deprived.
sasperillo
Informer

Postby ytmamaviewer24 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:07 pm

Birdy_ wrote:
scjara0730 wrote:am i the only one who thinks it’s so odd that kyras mom is never ever around and doesn’t visit them like does she even care for her grandchildren??

I've thought the same before! And she NEVER mentions her or her brother. She drives so no excuse really.. My mum lives opposite side of Scotland to me and she sees my son all the time, makes so much effort and she also facetime alot.

Didn't OK rent a cabin in Montana like 2 months ago to spend time with Kyra's mom and brother?

That being said, the relationship with that side of the family is so weird to me. She says they're on better terms now, but maybe not enough to actually spend time together? Maybe it's just too awkward?

I know Kyra said she wasn't close with her brother a few times, I remember her saying it was nice having a little brother when talking about Caden, and has even referred to herself as a single child before, yet when she's with her brother she buys him iPhones, clothes, shoes, etc..

Their family dynamic is really odd.

Grandma Kathy deserves way more though.. She's the reason they are where they are today financially. She helped them when they had nothing.
ytmamaviewer24
Informer

Postby ytmamaviewer24 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:14 pm

Also, it's weird how they haven't seen or mentioned Oscar's side of the family yet. They were invited to Levi's party back in October but these time none of them were there.
I wonder if they're planning another party for Alaya
ytmamaviewer24
Informer

Postby soul_in_a_earthsuit » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:24 pm

Not to mention that’s a huge suffocation hazard if the blanket falls over her face or she could overheat. It restricts airflow too

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper

Postby webbygurl626 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:38 pm

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:

Not to mention that’s a huge suffocation hazard if the blanket falls over her face or she could overheat. It restricts airflow too

Yeah that’s what they do they cover the pack n play Levi once had a huge comforter covering his they don’t actually care about their children’s safety, I think we have a lot of new posters her who weren’t around for levis death trap pack n play!!!

webbygurl626
Gossiper

Postby Kenzie23 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:53 pm

I wonder if they're at odds because grandma Cathy had some choice words for them when they announced they were pregnant again. Like "I let you stay with me so you could get your shit together, and instead you turned around and purposely got yourself into an even deeper hole" kind of thing. Pure speculation, of course. But I remember none of their family seemed too happy about them having another baby so soon, and maybe grandma Cathy harbored an extra amount of resentment because she felt like her generosity wasn't appreciated, for lack of a better word.
Kenzie23
Talker

OKTimeToWorkAgain | Part 17

Postby daisy1000 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:35 pm

Kenzie23 wrote:I wonder if they're at odds because grandma Cathy had some choice words for them when they announced they were pregnant again. Like "I let you stay with me so you could get your shit together, and instead you turned around and purposely got yourself into an even deeper hole" kind of thing. Pure speculation, of course. But I remember none of their family seemed too happy about them having another baby so soon, and maybe grandma Cathy harbored an extra amount of resentment because she felt like her generosity wasn't appreciated, for lack of a better word.

I also think that both of their families don’t really understand the whole concept of them as young parents raising kids by uploading videos to the internet. I think a lot of family members are uncomfortable by it or just don’t understand. OK have probably heard many lectures about getting a job, going to school, etc.
daisy1000
Informer

Postby flightlessbird » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:04 am

Did anyone notice in the birthday video when Oscar sat down beside of a woman... she looked at the camera and then got up and left. How awkward
flightlessbird
Gossiper

Postby missmsg » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:14 am

When did Kyra’s mom meet Alaya? I didn’t watch them for months, so I thought she’s never met her lol

missmsg
Talker

Postby staceybrax » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:00 am

Kenzie23 wrote:I wonder if they're at odds because grandma Cathy had some choice words for them when they announced they were pregnant again. Like "I let you stay with me so you could get your shit together, and instead you turned around and purposely got yourself into an even deeper hole" kind of thing. Pure speculation, of course. But I remember none of their family seemed too happy about them having another baby so soon, and maybe grandma Cathy harbored an extra amount of resentment because she felt like her generosity wasn't appreciated, for lack of a better word.

I don’t think so because grandma Cathy visited them at their new house not too long after they moved in. I wonder if they’ll go to Montana in the summer. It would be kind of miserable in the winter, at least there’s more to do in the summer.

staceybrax
Guru Gossiper

Postby Emysere » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:45 am

sasperillo wrote:With regards to Kyra being the “child” and not having to make an effort. This stops being true when you become an adult. When you’re a child your parents do everything for you, when you become an adult it’s your turn to be flexible and visit them, if they are not toxic of course. Kyra has talked a lot about growing up very poor and I think her mom is still stretching every dime with her brother. Most people don’t just get up and travel across the country because they can’t afford to or because they don’t have the job flexibility. Kyra and Oscar have zero responsibilitie in their schedule and plenty of money, if they wanted to see her mom, Brandon and grandma Kathy they should go. Kyra has also addressed the issues with her mom in the last and she said that they didn’t used to be close but that they have a good relationship now. I doubt she’s toxic as someone else stated. Luckily the kids have Plenty of grandparents considering that both of Oscar’s parents and their spouses visit often (even though Kurtis seems very distant) as well as Kyra’s dad so I don’t think they’re deprived.

Not sure I agree. If they've always had a bad relationship it's most likely down to her mother. I don't think just because she's an adult now that she should do all the running and make lots of effort to see her and have her involved in her kids' lives if her mother never showed her that commitment growing up. Obviously we don't know the full story, but I know I had a pretty non-existent relationship with my dad growing up and if I had kids there's no way I'd get back in touch and try to create a relationship between him and my kids. Kyra has probably made a similar judgement. There's a difference between keeping in touch on the phone and actually spending days on end with the person. Their relationship obviously isn't that strong.
Emysere
Talker

Postby Stop-KK-Now » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:10 am

missmsg wrote:When did Kyra’s mom meet Alaya? I didn’t watch them for months, so I thought she’s never met her lol

I think it was during the summer that they rented a cabin for a few days with her mom and brother. That’s the only time she’s seen Alaya.
Stop-KK-Now
Talker

Postby Steps_to_STFU » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:46 am

I say take her mother and brother our of it. As there is question. To their relationship. That still doesn't explain the grandma who helped them. Because the relationship with her is fine. And she has made the trip to see them. So they need to return the favor.
Steps_to_STFU
Talker

PreviousNext

Return to OKBaby