OkBaby: Part 8

Teethfloss
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OkBaby: Part 8

Unread post by Teethfloss »

Unknowngirly wrote:I know I said oscar is not the brightest but I think he would have done fairly well if he had decided to go to college. He's definitely the type of person that when he puts his mind to it he can accomplish anything, but only if it's something he really wants. I could see him being the type to study all week and night for an exam and just barely pass. College is not for everyone but it's a great experience.
I disagree, he needs something manual to do. Something visual he can see how it works. I don't think he has much reading comprehension and going to college is like basically self teaching for some majors. He needs to do a trade or manual work, food delivery or something not academic. He has way too much energy sit in a class for 3 hours long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

alexandramarie wrote:Why i do not like okbaby.
This has probably been said but there is a lot of stuff on this page to read so apologize.

1. Kyra dropped out of school way before her pregnancy would be an inconvenience which shows she doesn't care about her education and isn't willing to put in the extra work to be the best possible version of herself. Jesssfam graduated from school and university with 4-6 babies.

2. Kyra is not a natural mom and was definitely not ready to be a mom. I don't think Oscar either as he vaped a lot even though they have stepped up to the plate. So saying they have broken stereotypes i wouldn't quite say that.

3. Moving to Utah was stupid. Montana I can understand because kyras nana lived there and it was cheaper to live. But Utah is so random. They have no friends no family buggy socializes with hardly any babies which is going to make him anti social and besides the regular park or mall visits he isn't being exposed to much.

4. Oscar and Kyra do not have a good relationship. I can see Oscar annoys Kyra a ridiculous amount also Kyra does not appreciate him as much as she should. They are not perfect for each other. Oscar waking Kyra up all the time when buggy was a new born pissed me off. (But it could have been late in the day so I don't know) Before Oscar went to work if he fed buggy changed his diaper why did he need to wake Kyra up? Ofcourse if Kyra is half asleep she isn't going to play with buggy which is why I think he doesn't connect with her as much. He probably felt a bit of rejection.

5. Oscar does too much with Buggy. He is "dad goals" But it is not natural for a baby to be more obsessed with his dad than his mom. I'm not trying to define gender roles but Buggy doesn't like to be hold or hugged by Kyra and cries when he's not with Oscar which isn't normal. Most babies aren't around there dads a lot usually because they're working and that's fine

6. Oscar picks up and carries buggy too much I think Kyra should more so that they connect more. Also since he is picked up so much he isn't learning how to walk as fast as normal kids do.

7. Sympathy note I feel sorry for Kyra because she isn't as naturally energetic and bubbly and you can see Buggy responds to that more. Oscar also seems to do most of the fun things with buggy and Kyra does the more serious stuff which is why I think he likes Oscar more..

8. They mostly do absolutely nothing everyday and they are so popular which I don't understand.

9. They spend far too much money. Kyra goes shopping way too often I understand target is cheap but things add up. She would buy Buggy clothes when he had so much already and not that it's a problem because you want to spoil your child but he would grow out of them soon so it was stupid. Also Michael kors bag was very excessive.

10. The car. And still keeping the other one is a bit excessive. They don't do enough for them both to need cars. Surely they should be keeping that money for mini bug and buggys education

11. Them thinking that they are perfect parents and don't need advice is stupid. They are lucky Buggy is a good baby but even the most prepared parents need advice

12. Kyra tweets certain things about Buggy which even I would know what to do like how do you cool a baby with a fever? I know not everyone would know that answer but she didn't have an ounce of a clue.

13. All the blankets and animals in his crib. How he wakes up so sweaty. Have the ever heard of smothering?

14.His ridiculous amount of naps for a 1 year old and waking him up at 9pm?

15. They have no friends! besides kkandbabyj and aspen and Parker who don't live anywhere near them. Seriously what about high school wouldn't they have made friends there? They never speak about friends or ever socialize with anyone.

16. Kyras lack of hygiene. Okay I'm not the cleanest person alive I sometimes have dirty nails and if I happen to drop food on my self I would wipe it up but not necessarily change right away. But I SHOWER EVERY DAY regardless. She does nothing all day it's not like she had any excuse

17. When they were late on their vlogs and everyone was so understanding I was not. Again they do NOTHING!? how do they need a break from it. I have never had a child before so I don't know how much work it takes but most parents/parent work a full day and do other stuff socialize etc. but they basically just sit at home all day and travel here and there.

18. Don't get me started on their weird ass accents and nicknames. My dad has called me "noodle" my entire life which is cute and endearing so I can understand Buggy but all there weird names like tooooshie and bogus and bogus boogie I can't even deal. Baby voice is a thing and it's cute but they take it too far they talk to him in such a hysterical way that I would find it hard for him to understand.

19. Feeding him blueberries when he was younger and could clearly choke and saying how much he loves them. Any child is going to love sweet food! Where's the variety?

20. Ps is it normal in america to call bottles babas?

21. They are lucky AF that Buggy is a good baby let's just see what happens if there daughter is a screamer

POSTING THIS AGAIN

in response to some of these:
1. Yes. I feel like why wouldnt she want to better herself for her own personal gain but also for her kids.
2, True. but she also had PPD and she has stepped up a bit recently while oscar has regressed. also oscar constantly takes levi away from kyra and other people bc he has some ego trip abt levi preferring him so that can have something to do with it too.
3 and 4. Utah was deff a stupid move. They’re totally isolated which is irresponsible and i dont understand how O and K arent sick of each other yet. Deff cant be good for their relationship to be together 24/7.

5. I hardly call oscar dad goals. He is soo irresponsible and treats levi like a little brother. He doesnt do child appropriate activities with him for the most part. Like sledding. You can tell levi hates it and is scared and oscar just continues to push it. same with letting levi crawl near the street while he was busy flying the drone. i agree he can overstimulate buggy and stress him out, but he deff doesnt do enough appropriate activities with him
6. Levi has started walking if you watch the new vlogs. he’s doing allright. kkandbabyj pick up jackson all the time and he walks just fine.
7. True
8. Trueeeeee. i dont get it either. that and why oscar takes forever to edit them doing nothing
9. I really dont think they spend that much money. Oscar seems so stingy. He got so mad at kyra and used to not let her buy any clothes even when they barely had any clothes. He also hated when she bough levi new toys even tho he needed them. I think one nice bag isnt that big of a deal. if oscar can buy himself nice electronics that cost a TOOON more why cant kyra buy nice things for herself and her son? If you wanna get on someone’s case about overspending at target—look at keren. altho the BBW hauls always have wayyyyyy too many of the same things that are hundreds of dollars worth of crap she doesnt even like.
10. True
11. TRUEEEE. That just shows how immature they are that they cannot take real advice from people who may know more than them. That will really hinder their growth as people
12. Kyra and Oscar dont seem very bright. I guess she hasnt heard of google or reading scholarly or medical articles on things..sad.
13. YES. So many risks of suffocation like the millions of stuffed animals in the crib and the blanket over the crib. They’re just dumb.
14. trueeee
15. Ive said it a million times and ill say it again—aspyn and parker are NOT their friends. They are just in the same management and thus hang out when in the same area for views. theyre polar opposites and there is no way theyd be friends irl. apsyn is a nightmare and doesnt have any friends really bc she is so hard to deal with.
16. Kyra’s lack of hygiene is actually disgusting and dangerous! Yeast infections, Uti’s, fungal infections, the list goes on and on. that could affect mini bug too. I just dont get why she is so against showering—it’s nasty and weird.
17. that one is ridiculous. I think oscar is just lazy and add or SOMETHING that he cant get it done. For claiming they LOOOVE their job..oops i mean hobby so much, they sure dont seem like it if its so hard for them to edit and upload on time. when you love something you generally put effort into getting it done.
18. AGREED. Bogus is such an awful name and insulting >< Poor kid.
19. They claimed it was “baby led weaning” and would give him pieces he could actually choke on. that isnt the point of baby led weaning. the kid will choke on big pieces bc they put it all in their mouth bc they dont know any better. dont think kyra ever actually read about what BLW is and what it entails. Then when levi couldnt chew and swallow the meat they claimed he doesnt like it. CUT IT INTO LITTLE PIECES IDIOTS.
20. Yes. Many people call bottles babas in america.
21. LOL yup.
Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Unknowngirly »

Teethfloss wrote:
Unknowngirly wrote:I know I said oscar is not the brightest but I think he would have done fairly well if he had decided to go to college. He's definitely the type of person that when he puts his mind to it he can accomplish anything, but only if it's something he really wants. I could see him being the type to study all week and night for an exam and just barely pass. College is not for everyone but it's a great experience.
I disagree, he needs something manual to do. Something visual he can see how it works. I don't think he has much reading comprehension and going to college is like basically self teaching for some majors. He needs to do a trade or manual work, food delivery or something not academic. He has way too much energy sit in a class for 3 hours long.

You're pretty much right. I can't see him doing it that's why I said he would have done well only if he wanted it really bad. I didn't even want to go to college when I was in high school, the only reason I went was so I could get away from my family and it turned out to be the best thing for me. I just don't see how oscar and kyra are trying to better themselves. Hopefully they are looking for a house because that would be a step.
whatthename
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whatthename »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Why is everyone calling Levi smart and advanced? Yes he is cute but if anything he is a little behind. I haven't heard him say any words yet. Except maybe yes once? At this age he should be saying 3-5 words.

Yeah but he really improved in the last couple months, he learned to do a lot of things like how to make car sounds , how to clean the camera lens etc.
It's nice to see him growing up , and Levi's parts in the vlogs are the only reason I'm still watching them

mamaya10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mamaya10 »

alexandramarie wrote:

16. Kyras lack of hygiene. Okay I'm not the cleanest person alive I sometimes have dirty nails and if I happen to drop food on my self I would wipe it up but not necessarily change right away. But I SHOWER EVERY DAY regardless. She does nothing all day it's not like she had any excuse

I feel like this has improved. Her hair is less greasy. Or did I just get used to it?! ;)
sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

I just realized who oscar reminds me of with his long hair.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Hellohiyesitsme wrote:
Unknowngirly wrote:I think it's funny Levi pooped on the ground. Hopefully they put a diaper on him faster next time. I think they left him there without one way longer than just a few seconds. But idk my baby isn't that age yet can babies do it that fast? Lol

And I really really hope they sanatized those toys!
It does lol. I can't even count how many times I've been peed and pooped on while changing a diaper. It's like they wait until it's off sometimes just to spite you.
Especially boys! Someone told me the cold air when you take the old diaper off makes them pee. No idea if it's true or not. Just know my son got me a bunch of times. Pooping doesn't seem as likely. I never got pooped on except for the occasional blowout. But not when the diaper was off after the kid had been eating solids.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Ripley
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Ripley »

alexandramarie wrote:
miamaldari wrote:oh lord, is kyra even going to have a baby shower? they do realise in 7 or 8 weeks the baby will be here? they have no crib, no equipment, new bottles, new diapers, nothing!
They have no friends. They are living in a random state. I don't think it's going to happen

I am not siding with them. I am fairly new to watching and have yet to form a complete opinion. So far though i see them making many mistakes. But I THOUGHT i read on her Twitter that she ordered a lot to set up the baby room and was just waiting for things to arrive? I rarely read anyone's Twitter let along theirs, so i could be mistaken. i can't be bothered to find it now lol, but when i read it, it made me think necessities like a crib would be arriving soon?
future_wifey
Talker
Talker

Unread post by future_wifey »

Ripley wrote:
alexandramarie wrote:
miamaldari wrote:oh lord, is kyra even going to have a baby shower? they do realise in 7 or 8 weeks the baby will be here? they have no crib, no equipment, new bottles, new diapers, nothing!
They have no friends. They are living in a random state. I don't think it's going to happen

I am not siding with them. I am fairly new to watching and have yet to form a complete opinion. So far though i see them making many mistakes. But I THOUGHT i read on her Twitter that she ordered a lot to set up the baby room and was just waiting for things to arrive? I rarely read anyone's Twitter let along theirs, so i could be mistaken. i can't be bothered to find it now lol, but when i read it, it made me think necessities like a crib would be arriving soon?
Yeah I did see the same tweet! I'm assuming that they ordered the crib and stuff. I would assume that they kept all of the small baby essentials and now they just need clothes for her though! So maybe that's why she's not having a baby shower.

Amanda-L
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Amanda-L »

pikapikachu wrote:Sorry I haven't been on too much. I used to be an active poster then life for busy! I agree they really don't have much stuff for mini bug. Does the kid even have a name? But seriously. My fiancé and I are expecting a baby in July and we have more stuff for our baby than they have for mini bug. Call us the crazy first time parents but we already have a crib, a car seat, and a bouncer. Once again we probably are the crazy first time parents because I am only 15 weeks BUT I'm just saying she's how far along? 34 weeks? And they don't seem to have anything except a few outfits. Unless they're buying and putting stuff in the garage and not showing us. But I highly doubt because baby haul videos = more views. More views = $$$. Sorry I had to rant. I just expected more from people who PLANNED a pregnancy. But then again this is OK we're talking about here.
Congratulations :D I was the same. After I found out I was having a girl that's when I started doing the real shopping. Mostly because I had planned on working as far into my pregnancy as I could and didn't want to use what spare time I did have waddling around crowded shops. That and I was super impatient throughout and just too excited. No way I could have waited as long as they have done to get things not only bought, but put up ready to be used. What if there's a problem with something and it needs to be returned? It could end up like the couch situation where they're left waiting for weeks on end. What if Oscar, the clumsy oaf, breaks something whilst channeling Casey Neistat and they have to replace it. I couldn't cope with the waiting around hoping everything arrives on time, especially that late in pregnancy.
lonelysoul
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lonelysoul »

Kyra's on Snapchat again asking for advice on her rash again. Why does she only want advice from uneducated bug buddies? And she's assuming it's not something because it's not reacting to her form of treatment. It sounds like Seborrheic dermatitis. My niece has it and since it's on her scalp, neck, face, and behind her ears, it's likely that it is. She should get it treated quickly before it gets out of hand.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Since she is pregnant all medical advice should definitely come from her doctor, not 13 year olds on Snapchat. She is such an idiot.

kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

Whose toddler poops without them noticing??? Wtf! My son is two next month and he's never pooped without me noticing... even if he's been running around naked. Shows how vile their apartment must be if they didn't notice. They either never clean or never watch Levi... or both! YUCK :-/

Whateverumean
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Whateverumean »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Since she is pregnant all medical advice should definitely come from her doctor, not 13 year olds on Snapchat. She is such an idiot.

Oh! NOW she wants diagnosis and treatment off internet from non-medics? One of the replies says shes got "poison ivy poison" :D
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

Holy crap oscar and khoa try SOOOO hard to copy casey neistat. I just watched a few vids and it's just sad... especially oscar tho. The cutaways to diff scenes while continuing to talk. Talking to people and then thanking them a ton and all that. Just...their whole demeanor Oscar tries so hard to copy. does he not think that people see right thru him?
alienrasta
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by alienrasta »

What did they blur in their newest vlog at 1:54? I don't mean to be invasive, i'm just curious as to what could possibly be on the wall, in the bathroom that they need to blur? Haha.
alienrasta
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by alienrasta »

alienrasta wrote:What did they blur in their newest vlog at 1:54? I don't mean to be invasive, i'm just curious as to what could possibly be on the wall, in the bathroom that they need to blur? Haha.
Also, Oscar couldn't be more obnoxious. Complaining about Kyra "forcing" him to make breakfast (he should be making it sometimes anyway? it's what most dads do), then complaining she didn't say thank you when all he ever does it insult her food BEFORE saying thanks or "its good though", the up close and personal shots where we can see the plaque on his teeth and the scabs of his zits (vomit) then putting Levi onto the box and then ramming into the couch, causing him to almost fall over.. And i'm pretty sure when they left target, Levi went to reach out for Kyra, and Oscar pulled him away. :roll:

Sorry for double post, I couldn't edit anymore.
mamaya10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mamaya10 »

alienrasta wrote:What did they blur in their newest vlog at 1:54? I don't mean to be invasive, i'm just curious as to what could possibly be on the wall, in the bathroom that they need to blur? Haha.
Yes, would be interesting to know.

Apparently Kyra will have a c-section February 10th, when was her due date again?
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

mamaya10 wrote:
Yes, would be interesting to know.

Apparently Kyra will have a c-section February 10th, when was her due date again?
She's 3 weeks behind Keren iirc. Keren is due 31st Jan, so Kyra's would be 21st Feb?
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
UrbanChanel
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by UrbanChanel »

I think that Oscar is not very emotionally intelligent so he seems mean to Kyra sometimes but I really think he doesn't know that his actions aren't acceptable.

Return to “OKBaby”