• Advertisement

OkBaby: Part 8

Re: OkBaby: Part 8

Postby whatthename » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:40 am

Just watched today's vlog and Levi was sooo cute!! The way he said "yes" and cleaned the camera lens, and how cute he was when he kissed Oscar! You can really see the difference between him and Jackson..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
whatthename
Amateur

Advertisement

Postby d4865 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:03 am

I do like that the vlogs are getting personal again!
d4865
Informer

Postby Amanda-L » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:25 am

Oscar propping Levi up beside the fire to get a photo was just wrong. Yes he was right there and it did have some sort of rail but still, watching it made me feel nervous. Even the bloke in the background kinda side eyed Oscar for doing it. Who does that? Does he think it's okay because he asked Levi nicely not to fall. Ugh!
Amanda-L
Talker

Postby Whateverumean » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:48 am

whatthename wrote:Just watched today's vlog and Levi was sooo cute!! The way he said "yes" and cleaned the camera lens, and how cute he was when he kissed Oscar! You can really see the difference between him and Jackson..

Levi is definitely very expressive and is doing good but lets not compare babies/toddlers. Each child is different, give jackson some time. Compare their parents and parenting style. :P
Whateverumean
Talker

Postby msgmiscc » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:00 am

Whateverumean wrote:
whatthename wrote:Just watched today's vlog and Levi was sooo cute!! The way he said "yes" and cleaned the camera lens, and how cute he was when he kissed Oscar! You can really see the difference between him and Jackson..

Levi is definitely very expressive and is doing good but lets not compare babies/toddlers. Each child is different, give jackson some time. Compare their parents and parenting style. :P

It's innevitable that these two youtubers get compared, always have been and I'm pretty sure they always will lol Not being catty, just saying that it'll always happen :)
msgmiscc
Informer

Postby Whateverumean » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:56 am

msgmiscc wrote:
Whateverumean wrote:

It's innevitable that these two youtubers get compared, always have been and I'm pretty sure they always will lol Not being catty, just saying that it'll always happen :)

True but lets try to leave the kids alone. They shouldn't be blamed cos of shitty parents. Plus the age old dialogue "each kid grows at its own pace". Even I compare these two youtubers but not the kids. :P
Whateverumean
Talker

Postby UrbanChanel » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:28 am

I like that Oscar and Kyra read to Levi! He's so smart and expressive, it's so cute!
UrbanChanel
Amateur

Postby Teethfloss » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:29 am

Unknowngirly wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:I really dont understand what takes oscar so long to edit..their content is mediocre at best and consists of legit like 3 clips most days... i used to edit music videos and film stuff and that consists of a ton of cut and paste and line up with music and add effects, etc and even that didnt take me as long as it takes oscar..

Because Oscar is slow.

Idk if anyone here watches teen mom but on an old episode back when Maci was dating Kyle, Ryan texts Maci a question because he doesn't want to ask her out loud on camera. She reads the text anyway and it says "is Kyle slow?" And that's basically what I ask myself every time oscar says he stays up all night to edit the vlogs lmao

I do think Oscar is below average in intelligence. You can tell because he probably gets confused or doesn't understand how to fly his stupid drone every single time. And, apparently it takes him 45 minutes to read outloud a small paragraph. He's an idiot.

Teethfloss
Amateur

Postby Nuggetsaremylife » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:30 am

sjla6993 wrote:
Nuggetsaremylife wrote:WHY DOESNT SHE EVER CLOSE HER MOUTH WHEN SHE SMILES NOW omg it bugs me she doesn't even smile like that naturally... she keeps leaving a gap in between with her mouth open

It's just how she smiles...

But it's not lol I know it's not a big deal but that's not how she smiles she just started doing that recently and I just don't get it. I guess it's like when people stick there tongue in between there teeth and smile

Nuggetsaremylife
Informer

Postby MommaLindsey2 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:37 am

Why is everyone calling Levi smart and advanced? Yes he is cute but if anything he is a little behind. I haven't heard him say any words yet. Except maybe yes once? At this age he should be saying 3-5 words.

MommaLindsey2
Extreme Gossiper

Postby Unknowngirly » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:16 am

I think it's funny Levi pooped on the ground. Hopefully they put a diaper on him faster next time. I think they left him there without one way longer than just a few seconds. But idk my baby isn't that age yet can babies do it that fast? Lol

And I really really hope they sanatized those toys!
Unknowngirly
Informer

Postby Hellohiyesitsme » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:24 am

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Why is everyone calling Levi smart and advanced? Yes he is cute but if anything he is a little behind. I haven't heard him say any words yet. Except maybe yes once? At this age he should be saying 3-5 words.

That is not necessarily true. I was told by my pediatrician when my son was Levi's age that association and understanding is much more common and important in a one year old. Those 3-5 words they should be saying are simple words, some of which may not even be words at all, but instead associations with objects (such as calling a dog a boo or a bottle a baba). These are examples from my son. Levi is good at communicating for a one year old and the mimickry such as cleaning a lens and helping build things is a very good thing! He also understands basic commands such as, "no," from what I've seen. So I'm gonna have to disagree with him being behind.
Hellohiyesitsme
Talker

Postby Hellohiyesitsme » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:26 am

Unknowngirly wrote:I think it's funny Levi pooped on the ground. Hopefully they put a diaper on him faster next time. I think they left him there without one way longer than just a few seconds. But idk my baby isn't that age yet can babies do it that fast? Lol

And I really really hope they sanatized those toys!

It does lol. I can't even count how many times I've been peed and pooped on while changing a diaper. It's like they wait until it's off sometimes just to spite you.
Hellohiyesitsme
Talker

Postby soul_in_a_earthsuit » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:16 am

Nuggetsaremylife wrote:[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170107/fdfdbd58601f2d73d6fbec6fbab3b188.png

WHY DOESNT SHE EVER CLOSE HER MOUTH WHEN SHE SMILES NOW omg it bugs me she doesn't even smile like that naturally... she keeps leaving a gap in between with her mouth open

can we stop ragging on her way of smiling. WHO CARES?! That's insulting to people who smile this way! I think her smile looks pretty
Last edited by soul_in_a_earthsuit on Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
True Gossiper

Postby soul_in_a_earthsuit » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:18 am

Nuggetsaremylife wrote:
sjla6993 wrote:
Nuggetsaremylife wrote:WHY DOESNT SHE EVER CLOSE HER MOUTH WHEN SHE SMILES NOW omg it bugs me she doesn't even smile like that naturally... she keeps leaving a gap in between with her mouth open

But it's not lol I know it's not a big deal but that's not how she smiles she just started doing that recently and I just don't get it. I guess it's like when people stick there tongue in between there teeth and smile

LOL i do that with my tongue to make my smile fuller bc the teeth in the back dont bite together perfectly in some spots bc they arent super straight. Why do you care how people smile?
Last edited by soul_in_a_earthsuit on Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
True Gossiper

Postby soul_in_a_earthsuit » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:21 am

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Why is everyone calling Levi smart and advanced? Yes he is cute but if anything he is a little behind. I haven't heard him say any words yet. Except maybe yes once? At this age he should be saying 3-5 words.

well jackson doesnt even say that much. so ig people are comparing the two and saying levi is advanced. he also seems much more aware, can pretend, knows how things fit together and is starting to grasp the concepts of objects' functions while jackson is not. im not comparing the two, but just stating that many do and for this reason say levi is advanced.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
True Gossiper

Postby Nuggetsaremylife » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:22 am

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
Nuggetsaremylife wrote:
sjla6993 wrote:[quote="Nuggetsaremylife"]
WHY DOESNT SHE EVER CLOSE HER MOUTH WHEN SHE SMILES NOW omg it bugs me she doesn't even smile like that naturally... she keeps leaving a gap in between with her mouth open

LOL i do that with my tongue to make my smile fuller bc the teeth in the back dont bite together. Why do you care how people smile?[/quote]

Why do so many people care about half of the things that care about on here that could go without being said?? I already said I know it's not a big deal, chill out (-:

Nuggetsaremylife
Informer

Postby soul_in_a_earthsuit » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:24 am

I REALLY hope they sanitized those toys and the ground. knowing O and K tho...not a chance. levi puts toys in his mouth... >< i really hope he doesnt get sick bc his two idiot parents cant be bothered to clean correctly.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
True Gossiper

Postby Nuggetsaremylife » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:25 am

well jackson doesnt even say that much. so ig people are comparing the two and saying levi is advanced. he also seems much more aware, can pretend, knows how things fit together and is starting to grasp the concepts of objects' functions while jackson is not. im not comparing the two, but just stating that many do and for this reason say levi is advanced.

Yep babies def just advance at different rates. Jackson walked first and Levi is a little more developed in some senses too. They will catch up eventually

Nuggetsaremylife
Informer

Postby pikapikachu » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:25 am

Sorry I haven't been on too much. I used to be an active poster then life for busy! I agree they really don't have much stuff for mini bug. Does the kid even have a name? But seriously. My fiancé and I are expecting a baby in July and we have more stuff for our baby than they have for mini bug. Call us the crazy first time parents but we already have a crib, a car seat, and a bouncer. Once again we probably are the crazy first time parents because I am only 15 weeks BUT I'm just saying she's how far along? 34 weeks? And they don't seem to have anything except a few outfits. Unless they're buying and putting stuff in the garage and not showing us. But I highly doubt because baby haul videos = more views. More views = $$$. Sorry I had to rant. I just expected more from people who PLANNED a pregnancy. But then again this is OK we're talking about here.
pikapikachu
Talker

Postby Unknowngirly » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:40 am

I know I said oscar is not the brightest but I think he would have done fairly well if he had decided to go to college. He's definitely the type of person that when he puts his mind to it he can accomplish anything, but only if it's something he really wants. I could see him being the type to study all week and night for an exam and just barely pass. College is not for everyone but it's a great experience.
Unknowngirly
Informer

Postby daisy1000 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:43 am

Someone asked for the comment of the day (in the comment section) if they would let their daughter date Jackson or Landon. In a sea of billions upon billions of humans in the world, why would their daughter want to date Jackson or Landon? And why is that even on a person's mind?

daisy1000
Talker

Postby Unknowngirly » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:53 am

daisy1000 wrote:Someone asked for the comment of the day (in the comment section) if they would let their daughter date Jackson or Landon. In a sea of billions upon billions of humans in the world, why would their daughter want to date Jackson or Landon? And why is that even on a person's mind?

Because people are weird like that. Even before I had my daughter my sister in law, and her husbands brother, so her brother in law (no relation to her or me) were trying to set my baby up with his son. I told them wouldn't they be technically related?? And they were like yea but no not really. Um no thank you. That shit is just weird. She's a fucking baby who thinks of stuff like that.
Unknowngirly
Informer

Postby alexandramarie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:53 am

Mlburk21 wrote:Ok so now Oscar has given Levi yet another new name? First it was Buggy, then Bogus, then Bogus Boogy and now it's Bogoose! Good God stop with all the ridiculous names!

and what happened to what he said about levi outgrowing the nicknames? he hasnt stopped with them at all

When Oscar said (back in the day) after a year they will cal him Levi that was the most ignorant comment ever like what parent says "hmmm I'm going to call my child something else when they turn a year" my parents have called me "Noodle" my entire life and I'm 18. (They obviously call me Alex in public)

alexandramarie
Amateur

Postby alexandramarie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:59 am

MommaLindsey2 wrote:How rude to answer like that to the doctor who was trying to help. I agree with him though without a pic it's hard to know what kind of rash it is. It could be anything.

As for her pregnancy with mini bug she is probably depressed. Maybe she realizes now that buggy is older how difficult this is going to be. Reality is setting in for her. And as someone who had a baby with colic and suffered from ppd I really wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!

My second child had colic and literally screamed, ate, and slept. And he screamed while he ate and screamed while he slept. This started day two in the hospital. I think his first week of life I got 4 hours of sleep total. I had some dark and scary thoughts his first few months of life. I would sometimes hold him while we both cried because there was nothing I could do to calm him. My baby whisperer friend tried to calm him down once and got so frustrated because he wouldn't stop screaming no matter what she tried. This was after hyperemisis gravidarum for 9 months puking multiple times every single day of my pregnancy. Over a year of my life totally miserable I am terrified to have another child. He is 1 now and we love him to death! He is the sweetest most smiley toddler I have ever met. My first baby was so easy, just like Levi so I was spoiled and had no idea what I was in for.

Needless to say I have no sympathy for complainers when they have easy pregnancies like Kyra and keren.

This is what I have been saying!my older sister was the easiest baby and I was a nightmare with colic. And my mum said she literally couldn't handle it. And we were 3 years also she had tons of support and was 33 so naturally more mature and experienced because she already had a kid a job etc. but Kyra is only 19/20 I highly doubt she is going to be able to handle a difficult kid she is practically a child herself (not being discriminative towards teen pregnancy)

alexandramarie
Amateur

PreviousNext

Return to OKBaby