Ohthehumanity
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKNoVlogToday: Part 10

Unread post by Ohthehumanity »

flokofloz wrote:
amandahhh43 wrote:I deff don't agree with Levi on the top bunk .. now that's fucked up
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I would never put my toddler on the top bunk! That's scary. It's sweet of Oscar to check on him, but an accident happens so fast... They should have taken the pack and play.
mamaya10 wrote:I don't think we can say who favors who yet. Alaya is just a week old and Kyra is breastfeeding, so it's normal for a newborn to be more with its mother.. We'll see what the future brings....
I agree!
No the bottle is definitely worse, bottles of milk at night will rot his teeth. His teeth will also form around the bottle similar to Jackson's but it will take a little longer. It's called bottle rot and caused by milk pooling in babies mouth at night/naps.
I have already said this here, but there is also sugar in breast milk and babies who are breastfed also have rotten teeth (especially if they are breastfed until 2 or 3 years old). They are baby teeth so it's not a big deal, in my opinion. The biggest factor for rotten teeth is actually... genetics.
I was a very small baby and I only wanted to take a bottle at night. I got a bottle until 4 yo. I have never had a cavity or rotten teeth. Levi is only 16 months and 90% of the babies in my country still go to bed with a bottle at this age. I think he will be fine for now. They should try to give him water though.
The pacifier would also make his teeth form around it. Definitely more than with a bottle, as kids normally have it all day long in the mouth.
Breastfed babies are not as at risk for bottle rot as milk doesn't sit and pool in their mouth. If they have a proper latch they are far less at risk. Ask any dentist, they would pick a paci over a bottle any day. I think kyra wants to let Alaya have a paci longer then 3 months but we all know how controlling Oscar is, his way or the highway even if he is completely wrong.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

Dear Oscar,
your way of picking on others and then saying "just kidding" is a habit that is common in children, but it is something you should let go of as an adult. I'm sure it helped you fit in as a kid, but now that you're an adult with children of your own you should grow your own personality and not rely on others for entertainment. Recent examples are poking fun at Kaden for being uncomfortable around boobs, or poking fun at Levi for "faking an illness".
1- if your goal is to be funny, stop. you're not. not even your 10 year old minions find those comments funny. we'd know if they did because they comment and laugh about all of Kyra's jokes ("if you want to bring an alligator, bring an alligator")
2- if your goal is to point out something that someone is doing that bothers you, a more constructive way to do it is to say "you know, when you do x y z, it bothers me" or "I know you like to do x y z, but can you not do it when I'm around?". Verbalizing it as a request will help you identify which of your requests are legitimate and which are plain out nagging complaints because not everyone wants to do everything exactly the way you want.
3- if your goal is to belittle others to boost yourself, stop and contemplate what you're doing. Your kid is one and won't understand sarcasm/irony until he fully develops theory of mind... probably another 6 or 7 years. What he will learn is that "daddy thinks I'm inadequate" and "daddy thinks I'm annoying/a drain to his resources/ a pain in the ass".

Oscar, go out and make some friends. You're in Utah for crying out loud, there are plenty of young dads out there. You're stuck in high school mode and really need to grow out of it.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

sasperillo wrote:Dear Oscar,
your way of picking on others and then saying "just kidding" is a habit that is common in children, but it is something you should let go of as an adult. I'm sure it helped you fit in as a kid, but now that you're an adult with children of your own you should grow your own personality and not rely on others for entertainment. Recent examples are poking fun at Kaden for being uncomfortable around boobs, or poking fun at Levi for "faking an illness".
1- if your goal is to be funny, stop. you're not. not even your 10 year old minions find those comments funny. we'd know if they did because they comment and laugh about all of Kyra's jokes ("if you want to bring an alligator, bring an alligator")
2- if your goal is to point out something that someone is doing that bothers you, a more constructive way to do it is to say "you know, when you do x y z, it bothers me" or "I know you like to do x y z, but can you not do it when I'm around?". Verbalizing it as a request will help you identify which of your requests are legitimate and which are plain out nagging complaints because not everyone wants to do everything exactly the way you want.
3- if your goal is to belittle others to boost yourself, stop and contemplate what you're doing. Your kid is one and won't understand sarcasm/irony until he fully develops theory of mind... probably another 6 or 7 years. What he will learn is that "daddy thinks I'm inadequate" and "daddy thinks I'm annoying/a drain to his resources/ a pain in the ass".

Oscar, go out and make some friends. You're in Utah for crying out loud, there are plenty of young dads out there. You're stuck in high school mode and really need to grow out of it.
YESSSS ugh so true. He's so dumb. My friend's dad was like that and used to say he's sorry he had kids bc they were a drain to his wallet and his time and happiness (around his kids) then say he was just kidding and my friend grew up thinking her dad hated her/having major daddy issues, feeling inadequate, seeking validation from guys all her life, being in toxic, abusive, manipulative relationships, etc. i REALLY hope oscar realizes that and stops acting that way so his kids dont have to grow up thinking that!
sjla6993
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sjla6993 »

watchinyt wrote:
sjla6993 wrote:FINALLY everything i've wanted in the recent vlogs. baby time. LOOK AT THAT SWEET LIL FACE
She looks like Oscars mom in this pic :)

I've been thinking that she looks like Korina too!
Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Unknowngirly »

lunaroe wrote:
Unknowngirly wrote:The beauty blenders with come in handy for her sponsored beauty videos which is all she does now. (I'm pretty jealous too if you can't tell) lol
Hahahaha Seriously & they're all half assed beauty videos. Whatever you gotta do for the money I guess.

And then all her bug buddies tell her she's queen of makeup or how she "slays" literally kill me lol.
nugget12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nugget12 »

Everyone is arguing over breastfed, bottle feeding, pacifiers etc. But that has nothing do with actual safety! Do you see the state of their carseat situation. Levi is not even 2 yet and he is forward facing! The new regulations that are coming out slowly and by the American Academy of Pediatrics is for children to be rear-facing to at least 2 years old! Alaya's straps are way to loose! You can have the most expensive seat out there but if your child is not secured in them properly it will do nothing for them! However they choose to feed or soothe their child is not going to effect their safety. There is a huge safety issue going on here and these teenyboppers need to be called out on it!
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

nugget12 wrote:Everyone is arguing over breastfed, bottle feeding, pacifiers etc. But that has nothing do with actual safety! Do you see the state of their carseat situation. Levi is not even 2 yet and he is forward facing! The new regulations that are coming out slowly and by the American Academy of Pediatrics is for children to be rear-facing to at least 2 years old! Alaya's straps are way to loose! You can have the most expensive seat out there but if your child is not secured in them properly it will do nothing for them! However they choose to feed or soothe their child is not going to effect their safety. There is a huge safety issue going on here and these teenyboppers need to be called out on it!
I literally haven't watched a vlog since the birth vlog. I cannot support people who don't give a shit about Safety with their children. I get a knot in my stomach seeing Levi forward facing and alaya smothered in blankets.

Amanda-L
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Amanda-L »

Not to mention Oscar blogs while driving with the kids in the car. He even made a comment on it before passing the camera to Kyra. YouTubers vlogging whilst driving is as infuriating as people who can't keep off their phone. You're not just endangering your own life or your kids, but those who share the road with you. It's so selfish.
Newuser12345
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Newuser12345 »

I'm not from America so I don't know the laws there and I guess that it varies between states but is it legal to drive looking at a phone/camera and filming yourself with a camera is utah? Over here in England if you're caught even looking at you're phone you can lose your licence. I find it so concerning when I see YouTubers filming themselves by holding the camera in their cars while driving, how on earth can they be paying attention to the road?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
ilovelamp
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ilovelamp »

Newuser12345 wrote:I'm not from America so I don't know the laws there and I guess that it varies between states but is it legal to drive looking at a phone/camera and filming yourself with a camera is utah? Over here in England if you're caught even looking at you're phone you can lose your licence. I find it so concerning when I see YouTubers filming themselves by holding the camera in their cars while driving, how on earth can they be paying attention to the road?

I know for phones it differs from state to state. Texting & driving is illegal across the board, but in some states you can talk on the phone. Some you cannot.
I doubt there are any laws regarding filming while driving because it isn't a very common thing.

Maybe they should get a car mount for their camera if they plan to continue to vlog in the car. Just a thought.
Newuser12345
Amateur
Amateur

I like how in kyra's newest snapchat she's asking for advice on ways to challenge Levi mentally and help his development, whether she reads on here and sees people talking about Levi and Jackson's development or not, I still think it's a good thing she's looking for ways to help him learn while she's not able to go out as much with the new baby

ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

Newuser12345 wrote:I'm not from America so I don't know the laws there and I guess that it varies between states but is it legal to drive looking at a phone/camera and filming yourself with a camera is utah? Over here in England if you're caught even looking at you're phone you can lose your licence. I find it so concerning when I see YouTubers filming themselves by holding the camera in their cars while driving, how on earth can they be paying attention to the road?

Where I live it's only illegal to be on your phone in a school zone.

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
sjla6993
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sjla6993 »

Really not trying to stick up for them on this one (because I HATE when vloggers film while driving) but when did O + K do that...? In the last vlog Oscar is filming in the car but they are parked and then Kyra is filming in the backseat. He used the camera at a red light for a moment and when the light turned green he handed the camera back to Kyra and mentioned that the light was turning green and he didn't want to vlog and drive. Maybe I'm missing something though..
Newuser12345
Amateur
Amateur

I thought that he was still filming while driving towards the lights but I may have been wrong, coming from a place with really strict rules on using phones while driving (or handheld devices which I assume includes cameras) like we aren't allowed to even look at them if you're stuck in traffic or at lights, it just seems weird to me for oscar to even be filming at lights, I guess if they are living in a place where the rules aren't that strict then it wouldn't be weird to them

nugget12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nugget12 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
nugget12 wrote:Everyone is arguing over breastfed, bottle feeding, pacifiers etc. But that has nothing do with actual safety! Do you see the state of their carseat situation. Levi is not even 2 yet and he is forward facing! The new regulations that are coming out slowly and by the American Academy of Pediatrics is for children to be rear-facing to at least 2 years old! Alaya's straps are way to loose! You can have the most expensive seat out there but if your child is not secured in them properly it will do nothing for them! However they choose to feed or soothe their child is not going to effect their safety. There is a huge safety issue going on here and these teenyboppers need to be called out on it!
I literally haven't watched a vlog since the birth vlog. I cannot support people who don't give a shit about Safety with their children. I get a knot in my stomach seeing Levi forward facing and alaya smothered in blankets.

I just checked into see the new baby "since they don't really show her much" and I was literally pissed off when I saw this, the blankets is another huge safety issues with them and Keren and Khoa. The thing is there are young kids who look up to them and will think these unsafe practices are acceptable when they are older, if they babysit or worse if they decide to become teen parents themselves. :( Okbaby is a disgrace. They do not care about the safety of their children. There is so many resources out there about these basic safety measures I honestly think they are choosing to ignore it. But, then what should we expect from people who didn't even finish high school and think they are famous because of youtube.

domeniquekf35
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by domeniquekf35 »

Apparently the baby is sick via snapchat. Super casual "sick baby" ...uh hope you update bc what she's a week old?? (Don't even remember bc they're vlogs are so behind)

sarah0b
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by sarah0b »

Kyras VERY CASUAL snapchat update if frightening. "Sick baby" caption on a photo of her laying Alaya on her chest.

UM PLS TAKE HER TO GET CHECKED SHES A WEEK OLD AND SHOULD NOT BE SICK????? :-o :-o :-o
snowflakea
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by snowflakea »

She just tweeted that she hates having to wait 6 weeks to work out..... does she even work out?
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

They are being really secretive and weird about her being sick, but this pic makes it look like they took her to the doctor.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... e9e7de.jpg[/img]

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:They are being really secretive and weird about her being sick, but this pic makes it look like they took her to the doctor.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... e9e7de.jpg

pretty sure that was back before they brought her home from the hospital. that is so concerning that they are so nonchalant about their 1 yr old being sick, knowing she's been exposed to levi's "flu" or whatever he had...babies have 0 immunity basically and can literally DIE. Idk how she is so nonchalant

Return to “OKBaby”