OKClickbait - Part 13

Mamaandmore
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKClickbait - Part 13

Unread post by Mamaandmore »

BLW focuses on introducing flavour and texture to baby. They learn independence to feed themselves, and it's more of an experience than for nutrition (they should be getting their caloric needs met from breast milk or formula. ) once baby is able to chew and swallow, their past practice of gumming different foods and experiencing the different flavours and textures and social habits of eating (sitting together, bringiyfood to their mouths, regulating when they are finished) will serve them well.

Purée doesn't afford them these lessons. The food is regulated by mom or dad, so baby doesn't decide when their done. The food is often sweeter and not what the family is eating so makes transition to regular food more difficult later as baby is used to the baby flavours. Also they don't get the self feeding practice. They learn to swallow liquid foods, rather than chew the textures.
toybox12
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by toybox12 »

levi's arm was completely covered in black ash from the fire and no one wiped it off or checked to see if he was ok .... smh
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

I don't post here often because I rarely watch them, but that thumbnail drew me in, damnit. That could have been SO much worse, they're fucking lucky that fire was just getting started. My family has suffered various different degrees of burns so this stuff is very important to me. You don't put a toddler in a flimsy camping chair that close to a fire pit and walk off while the other men were clearly busy tending to the fire. It's a miracle his head isn't gashed from the rocks around it. I've always given Oscar the benefit of the doubt in the past but what an idiot.
mac-n-cheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mac-n-cheese »

It's so ridiculous that Kyras dad was the one who was watching Levi around the fire. Oscar was too busy recording to catch his own kid from falling into the pit. And when Levi was getting close to it and putting his face in the smoke oscar and kyra were laughing and and her dad was the one who told Levi to not get close...
Damn idiots...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mac-n-cheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

It's so ridiculous that Kyras dad was the one who was watching Levi around the fire. Oscar was too busy recording to catch his own kid from falling into the pit. And when Levi was getting close to it and putting his face in the smoke oscar and kyra were laughing and and her dad was the one who told Levi to not get close...
Damn idiots...

mac-n-cheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

I also liked how slow he was on the 4wheeler. Oscars dumb ass would have had Levi going max speed on that thing! Responsible adulting right there

Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by newbie »

Caisflame wrote:I don't post here often because I rarely watch them, but that thumbnail drew me in, damnit. That could have been SO much worse, they're fucking lucky that fire was just getting started. My family has suffered various different degrees of burns so this stuff is very important to me. You don't put a toddler in a flimsy camping chair that close to a fire pit and walk off while the other men were clearly busy tending to the fire. It's a miracle his head isn't gashed from the rocks around it. I've always given Oscar the benefit of the doubt in the past but what an idiot.

...and they continue to let Levi walk close around the 2 foot height fire, complete and utter idiots!
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

Mamaandmore wrote:BLW focuses on introducing flavour and texture to baby. They learn independence to feed themselves, and it's more of an experience than for nutrition (they should be getting their caloric needs met from breast milk or formula. ) once baby is able to chew and swallow, their past practice of gumming different foods and experiencing the different flavours and textures and social habits of eating (sitting together, bringiyfood to their mouths, regulating when they are finished) will serve them well.

Purée doesn't afford them these lessons. The food is regulated by mom or dad, so baby doesn't decide when their done. The food is often sweeter and not what the family is eating so makes transition to regular food more difficult later as baby is used to the baby flavours. Also they don't get the self feeding practice. They learn to swallow liquid foods, rather than chew the textures.
i mean i know so many people including myself who was fed puree and then transitioned to solid foods and i learned to refuse food when i was done and my transition to regular food (which i had--just mashed up until i could chew properly) was super smooth and I was never a picky eater. So to say that puree fed babies dont learn these lessons is wrong. Also kyra doesnt do BLW taking these things into account whatsoever. She just gives her kids huge chunks of food and doesnt even supervise. they dont sit together to eat.
ytmamaviewer24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ytmamaviewer24 »

missy-1010 wrote:
ytmamaviewer24 wrote:
I mean, you can introduce solids to a breastfeeding baby as early as 4 months old. Gerber is harmless enough
I'm worried about Alaya not being ready for BLW though, I feel like kyra just wants to be done with breastfeeding so she's pushing it
You're so wrong lol

Well where I'm from, that's a normal age to start introducing them to purees and soft cooked vegetables. And like someone else said, it's actually also recommended by pediatricians.
Not all babies develop at the same speed and your doctor will tell you when it's safe to start.
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

Somehow it occurred to me today that I've been watching these morons for over a year and a half now. Yikes, how did that happen?! Lmao

missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

ytmamaviewer24 wrote:
missy-1010 wrote:
ytmamaviewer24 wrote: I mean, you can introduce solids to a breastfeeding baby as early as 4 months old. Gerber is harmless enough
I'm worried about Alaya not being ready for BLW though, I feel like kyra just wants to be done with breastfeeding so she's pushing it
You're so wrong lol

Well where I'm from, that's a normal age to start introducing them to purees and soft cooked vegetables. And like someone else said, it's actually also recommended by pediatricians.
Not all babies develop at the same speed and your doctor will tell you when it's safe to start.
Are you from a southern state lmao

mac-n-cheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

dnbunny wrote:Somehow it occurred to me today that I've been watching these morons for over a year and a half now. Yikes, how did that happen?! Lmao

I've never talked to a pediatrician who has recommended food before 6 months

Even then it depends on the baby. Wait until they seem interested in it.

louie_pouie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by louie_pouie »

I can not believe the clickbait about Levi falling into the fire. I have a family friends child who accidentally fell into a camp fire and is looking at surgery for the rest of his life to even have some movement in his arms. Not much bothers me but that has done it for me and this family... I just can't :|
Ryder
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ryder »

Oh my god .... 930 at night is extremely bright in the USA !!!!! Given it's summer I would have thought that would have been around 730/8pm not 930 !

We are in winter right now. 6pm and it's pitch dark outside.
During summer it gets dark around 630 but we don't have DLS

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

louie_pouie wrote:I can not believe the clickbait about Levi falling into the fire. I have a family friends child who accidentally fell into a camp fire and is looking at surgery for the rest of his life to even have some movement in his arms. Not much bothers me but that has done it for me and this family... I just can't :|
yeah that clickbait was absolutely disgusting not to mention it didnt even happen bc he had actual adults watching him that stopped it in time. Why tf would you capitalize on your son's injuries?! Just disgusting
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So they werent watching levi(surprise!) and then he drank spoiled day old curdled milk...they werent even phased...wtf is wrong with them. They showed alaya basically suffocated in pillows and then complained the whole vlog how dirty levi was but didnt bother to clean him up or wash his face and hands...smdh. SO lazy and disgusting
Lagorda_12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Lagorda_12 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201707 ... d876f5.png[/img]smh

Lovehound11
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovehound11 »

And she jokes about how she's suffocating herself with pillows. They are so fucking dumb

Why does Kyra dress Alaya like that? She already is an unfortunate looking baby and then she dresses her in weird she'd like that

Barrx2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Barrx2 »

June 2, 2017 -_-

Stellar
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Stellar »

I just don't understand how they are ok with putting blankets and pillows around her. My son is 8months and he has never had a blanket or pillow. Maybe I'm too much of a worrier but even when he hits the "ok" age at 12 months I still won't give him one. If they are so worried about her being cold then get a sleep sack. It's just not worth the risk. Has everyone heard about baby sloan? If. It google it He was suffocated by a blanket a week ago. Its making a lot of parents in my mom groups rethink using blankets. It's so sad.

Return to “OKBaby”