OKTimeToWorkAgain | Part 17

shadylady
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OKTimeToWorkAgain | Part 17

Unread post by shadylady »

oscar is a complete asshole for dragging kyra along. Like i feel really bad for her and wish she would get out. I do think that she's a worse parent around him and has the potential to be a good mom but he's too controlling.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Chichi
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Chichi »

They just seem a mess when in LA, plus vlog yesterday was pitiful..even they apologized for the quality. Their kids especially Alaya looks untidy and Kyra looks... Makes me wonder if they seem more put together while in Utah coz of Sydney and Kayla's help with the kids. Let's see how today's vlog turns out...
Emysere
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Emysere »

minties82 wrote:I have 3 kids with a man who has no intentions of marrying me. I have no intentions of marrying him either. Not a single couple we know of who has been married, has ever stayed with that one person. His parents, both married twice each, and divorced each other about 6 years ago. My parents, divorced when I was 2, my mother is now married to an alcoholic. My grandmother, on marriage #3. Etc etc. We don't see the point, and it isn't due to a lack of commitment or love, we are 35, met at 14, got together at 19, had our first kid at 28, bla bla bla. We have joint bank accounts, etc etc.

I know for Kyra it is something she desperately wants, and it is so sad how he strings her along though. But for us it isn't even on our radar, doesn't mean our relationship is weak or about to fail.

Sent from my HUAWEI CUN-L02 using Tapatalk
I thought the same thing about Oscar. He's from a broken home, and we don't really know how his parent's divorce affected him. I have a lot of friends who come from broken homes who have sworn off marriage because of how messy their parents' divorces were. Granted if that's the case with Oscar, he should be honest with Kyra. But maybe he hasn't realised the root of it yet. Everyone just jumps to the conclusion that he's an ass. He seems pretty devoted to his kids (definitely not saying he's perfect) but Kyra wants everything to happen now. They're literally 21, plenty of time to get married. Look at Keren and Khoa, engaged for 4/5 years already. I think that's worse.
queenb8291
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenb8291 »

I think it will happen... I think Oscar just wants it to be epic for Kyra! And is trying for stability before they do. Can’t blame Kyra though... I Dream Of the day I get married, Picking out the dress and traveling!! I bet they want a good honeymoon too & they don’t leave the kids for very long yet...
MIAMI247
Talker
Talker

Unread post by MIAMI247 »

dreamingangel210 wrote:I think it will happen... I think Oscar just wants it to be epic for Kyra! And is trying for stability before they do. Can’t blame Kyra though... I Dream Of the day I get married, Picking out the dress and traveling!! I bet they want a good honeymoon too & they don’t leave the kids for very long yet...

I want to get married, but I don't want a wedding. I want to go to the court house and take pictures. Go to dinner with all of our family and then him and I go on a honey moon somewhere. That would be so PERRFECTT lol
wolflily23
Informer
Informer

Unread post by wolflily23 »

OKWereNeverGettingMarried
OKButIGotAPromiseRing
wolflily23
Informer
Informer

MIAMI247 wrote:
dreamingangel210 wrote:I think it will happen... I think Oscar just wants it to be epic for Kyra! And is trying for stability before they do. Can’t blame Kyra though... I Dream Of the day I get married, Picking out the dress and traveling!! I bet they want a good honeymoon too & they don’t leave the kids for very long yet...

I want to get married, but I don't want a wedding. I want to go to the court house and take pictures. Go to dinner with all of our family and then him and I go on a honey moon somewhere. That would be so PERRFECTT lol
You sound exactly like me! Haha
wolflily23
Informer
Informer

Emysere wrote:
minties82 wrote:I have 3 kids with a man who has no intentions of marrying me. I have no intentions of marrying him either. Not a single couple we know of who has been married, has ever stayed with that one person. His parents, both married twice each, and divorced each other about 6 years ago. My parents, divorced when I was 2, my mother is now married to an alcoholic. My grandmother, on marriage #3. Etc etc. We don't see the point, and it isn't due to a lack of commitment or love, we are 35, met at 14, got together at 19, had our first kid at 28, bla bla bla. We have joint bank accounts, etc etc.

I know for Kyra it is something she desperately wants, and it is so sad how he strings her along though. But for us it isn't even on our radar, doesn't mean our relationship is weak or about to fail.

Sent from my HUAWEI CUN-L02 using Tapatalk
I thought the same thing about Oscar. He's from a broken home, and we don't really know how his parent's divorce affected him. I have a lot of friends who come from broken homes who have sworn off marriage because of how messy their parents' divorces were. Granted if that's the case with Oscar, he should be honest with Kyra. But maybe he hasn't realised the root of it yet. Everyone just jumps to the conclusion that he's an ass. He seems pretty devoted to his kids (definitely not saying he's perfect) but Kyra wants everything to happen now. They're literally 21, plenty of time to get married. Look at Keren and Khoa, engaged for 4/5 years already. I think that's worse.
You could be completely right but anytime the talk of marriage comes up with these two I can't help but think back to that one vlog where Oscar admitted that if they didn't have Levi, he and Kyra most likely would have broken up long ago. Basically admitting they're only together for the kids. Maybe it's just me and my pigheadedness but the minute I heard my bf admit that I'd be gone. I could Never stay with someone who wasn't with me because they actually loved me and only stayed because they feel like they HAVE to. And I'd feel like an absolute fool begging this person to marry me.
Stop-KK-Now
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Stop-KK-Now »

Someone above mentioned that Kyra's "discord" with Grandma Kathy could be because she was trying to get her to see her mother more - I'm almost 100% certain that Grandma Kathy is Grandpa Siverston's mom, so that would be a bit odd :)
Pineapples
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Pineapples »

Yeah I’m pretty sure she’s Kyra’s dad’s mom because they all went to Vegas together one time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lyanna »

Oscar doesn't give two shits about Kyra and epicweddings.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

Anyone who thinks Oscar is anything but a controlling asshole hasn't been watching the vlogs. He treats Kyra like a child and not like a partner. He speaks to her like trash. As I said when I first started chatting here. She's a doormat. At the end of the day she desperately wants to be married and he doesn't. If and only if he does, it will be for the views. He puts more thought into his diet and gym time then he does into Kyra's feelings.
Stop-KK-Now
Informer
Informer

Am I the only one who thinks they would benefit so much from moving back to California?

When I first 'discovered' OK, they were living in the flat in Montana, and I watched all their old vlogs, and was initially drawn to them because I thought Levi was cute, but also because they seemed pretty mature for 19 year old parents; meaning that they'd realized that it would be too expensive for them to keep living in LA, and that Oscar took whatever job he was offered to support his family. Well, obviously things have changed quite a lot since then, but what I will never understand is why they moved to Utah of all places. I get that they liked SLC when they visited, and they didn't want to live in the middle of nowhere Montana, but why move somewhere where they have NO support system?! They seem so much happier when Korrina and the kids are there.

I'm not saying they should move to LA; but just closer so that they could take advantage of the fact that they have a family who clearly adores their kids, and to help foster relationships between the kids and the rest of the family. I know that they may not be the biggest fans of the weather etc. in CA, but this is not about them, it's about what's best for the kids. And I honestly think it would be better for them in the long run.

One thing I can't help but think is that maybe they're not moving back simply because if they were back in LA they would see all the 'missed out on'? Like all their contemporaries from HS going to college, partying, and just generally leading different lives than them. Or just that there are generally so many different people and opportunities there that it would be 'easier' for their relationship to break? So it's easier to stay in Mormon Utah where they are more secluded and not frowned upon for "just" living an isolated family life?
Stop-KK-Now
Informer
Informer

Lyanna wrote:
Oscar doesn't give two shits about Kyra and epicweddings.
I remember the first time and Korrina and the kids came to see Levi, and both Korrina and Kyra were pressuring him to propose, and he said that he didn't want to get married until he could afford a proper wedding because he was only planning on doing it once. Back then I fully believed him, because he was working what seemed to be more than full time to support his new family, and I could definitely empathize with his feelings. Now? I really don't get why he's holding back. They have the money for a big wedding if THAT was what he was waiting for. He seems so disinterested in the relationship in general, it's Kyra making all the effort. I really feel bad for Kyra. I've tried being with a guy who I wanted to marry, but he was so not on the same page, and it freaking hurt when he ended it. It must be horrible to be stuck with his kids if he one day decides he's had enough of her pestering him to marry her. And I really get the feeling that if he DID propose, it would only be for her to shut up about it.
Stop-KK-Now
Informer
Informer

Pineapples wrote:Yeah I’m pretty sure she’s Kyra’s dad’s mom because they all went to Vegas together one time.

And she's always with them when they go camping with Kyra's dad and uncle, so I'm sure she's the mom of those two.
mmoommoo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mmoommoo »

Stop-KK-Now wrote:Am I the only one who thinks they would benefit so much from moving back to California?

When I first 'discovered' OK, they were living in the flat in Montana, and I watched all their old vlogs, and was initially drawn to them because I thought Levi was cute, but also because they seemed pretty mature for 19 year old parents; meaning that they'd realized that it would be too expensive for them to keep living in LA, and that Oscar took whatever job he was offered to support his family. Well, obviously things have changed quite a lot since then, but what I will never understand is why they moved to Utah of all places. I get that they liked SLC when they visited, and they didn't want to live in the middle of nowhere Montana, but why move somewhere where they have NO support system?! They seem so much happier when Korrina and the kids are there.

I'm not saying they should move to LA; but just closer so that they could take advantage of the fact that they have a family who clearly adores their kids, and to help foster relationships between the kids and the rest of the family. I know that they may not be the biggest fans of the weather etc. in CA, but this is not about them, it's about what's best for the kids. And I honestly think it would be better for them in the long run.

One thing I can't help but think is that maybe they're not moving back simply because if they were back in LA they would see all the 'missed out on'? Like all their contemporaries from HS going to college, partying, and just generally leading different lives than them. Or just that there are generally so many different people and opportunities there that it would be 'easier' for their relationship to break? So it's easier to stay in Mormon Utah where they are more secluded and not frowned upon for "just" living an isolated family life?

I agree. The should move back to LA. I’m not saying that this is the case, but a lot of times abusers i’ll do everything they can to isolate their partners from family. Which is essentially what he’s done to Kyra. Remember he faked her out like they were going to move to florida and then took it back and made them move to Salt Lake..

Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Stop-KK-Now wrote:.
but this is not about them, it's about what's best for the kids.
Lol do we watch the same people? They are some selfish fuckers. They don't care what is best for anyone other than themselves.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Also, did I miss where Oscar made some big romantic gesture for Kyra for Valentine's day ? You know she planned his for 2 weeks and made sure to do it before they left... has he done anything.
Stop-KK-Now
Informer
Informer

Steps_to_STFU wrote:
Stop-KK-Now wrote:.
but this is not about them, it's about what's best for the kids.
Lol do we watch the same people? They are some selfish fuckers. They don't care what is best for anyone other than themselves.
That’s what I mean, for once they should think about the kids, and THEY would benefit from being closer to family.
Stop-KK-Now
Informer
Informer

Steps_to_STFU wrote:Also, did I miss where Oscar made some big romantic gesture for Kyra for Valentine's day ? You know she planned his for 2 weeks and made sure to do it before they left... has he done anything.
I’m sure she would’ve posted something somewhere if he had.

Return to “OKBaby”