• Advertisement

Steps to Controlling Your Spouse

Re: Steps to Controlling Your Spouse

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:22 am

I think pretty much everyone is on the same page about judging Kelsey. Nobody is judging her choice. Just like you said, the sanctimonious behavior plus lack of preparation. Didn't she even say that "my body knows what to do"? I mean, basically, yes, it does. But if you're going to be judgy about not using meds, you need to be prepared. Because it hurts like nothing else.
I'm actually glad that she was able to deviate from her birth plan without seeming to be really hard on herself.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby scoopr420 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:31 pm

lmmomSD wrote:I think pretty much everyone is on the same page about judging Kelsey. Nobody is judging her choice. Just like you said, the sanctimonious behavior plus lack of preparation. Didn't she even say that "my body knows what to do"? I mean, basically, yes, it does. But if you're going to be judgy about not using meds, you need to be prepared. Because it hurts like nothing else.
I'm actually glad that she was able to deviate from her birth plan without seeming to be really hard on herself.

I agree. I am totally not judging Kelsey for getting the epidural. Child birth hurts like no other. there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with getting an epidural. (I just personally didn't want one)
Birth plans are great but I feel like most of the time, things just don't go as you plan. That is the first dose of what it's like to be a parent lol. Them being on their high horse ahead of time talking about it is what annoyed me.
scoopr420

Postby Popcorn » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:16 pm

I felt sad for her that she talked about feeling like a failure after getting the epidural, but glad that she realized she had still conquered several fears by getting one.

While we're hoping for and "planning" for a natural birth, I'm not even writing a birth plan besides a few special preferences I'd like people to be aware of in the event of a transfer from the birth center to the hospital, or in the event I'd end up with a c-section. I'm a doula, and I've seen first hand how even the most prepared women/couples can end up having way different births than they "planned." We're going to go with the flow, which I think is one of the things that frustrates me about K&C in just about every situation.

They ALWAYS insist things are going to be a certain way (we've exhausted the topics of the birth, their studio apartment, the car, etc.) and then don't acknowledge it when they change their mind. I'd have so much more respect for them, even despite all of the other issues, if they would just acknowledge the need for flexibility in life and how you learn things as you move through it ("Yeah, we really thought we'd be able to get by without a car, but after giving it a try, we learned that it was much harder than we were expecting because of the things we like to do."). But they don't.
Popcorn
Amateur

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:28 pm

Popcorn wrote:I felt sad for her that she talked about feeling like a failure after getting the epidural, but glad that she realized she had still conquered several fears by getting one.

While we're hoping for and "planning" for a natural birth, I'm not even writing a birth plan besides a few special preferences I'd like people to be aware of in the event of a transfer from the birth center to the hospital, or in the event I'd end up with a c-section. I'm a doula, and I've seen first hand how even the most prepared women/couples can end up having way different births than they "planned." We're going to go with the flow, which I think is one of the things that frustrates me about K&C in just about every situation.

They ALWAYS insist things are going to be a certain way (we've exhausted the topics of the birth, their studio apartment, the car, etc.) and then don't acknowledge it when they change their mind. I'd have so much more respect for them, even despite all of the other issues, if they would just acknowledge the need for flexibility in life and how you learn things as you move through it ("Yeah, we really thought we'd be able to get by without a car, but after giving it a try, we learned that it was much harder than we were expecting because of the things we like to do."). But they don't.
Yes! You said it exactly. It's the absolute lack of being able to say "We thought this would work, but we were wrong". They just pretend that they didn't spend a whole bunch of time and effort defending the exact opposite of what they are doing. Like little kids sticking their fingers in their ears saying "Nananana! I can't hear you!"

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby HashtagBlessed » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:49 pm

Ok, I haven't watched the episode, but what in the world is that stuff on the side of their pumpkin bread on Kelsey's Instagram? These cooking segments are embarrassing. Apart from the weird oily substance on the side of the bread, it's just a really flat loaf. (Smitten Kitchen recipe is my fav for pumpkin bread.)
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:58 pm

HashtagBlessed wrote:Ok, I haven't watched the episode, but what in the world is that stuff on the side of their pumpkin bread on Kelsey's Instagram? These cooking segments are embarrassing. Apart from the weird oily substance on the side of the bread, it's just a really flat loaf. (Smitten Kitchen recipe is my fav for pumpkin bread.)

Is it supposed to be glaze? If so I was confused with the glaze and powdered sugar on top. And that is just a sad sad deflated loaf.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby onbreak » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:24 pm

Maybe the Lannings could taste test their food

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
onbreak
True Gossiper

Postby HashtagBlessed » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:28 pm

I went ahead and read the recipe in the deception, and it looks like they tried to substitute coconut oil for vegetable oil. Lol! Coconut oil is solid at room temperature, so of course it separated. Gross. Plus, coconut oil was trendy for a long time, and now it's common knowledge that it's one of the worst oils for you health-wise. It's 84% saturated fat, compared to butter (63% saturated fat) and olive oil (18% saturated fat).
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:36 pm

LOL-- your typo was hilarious. The "deception" instead of "description". So perfect!

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby HashtagBlessed » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:45 pm

Haha- oops.
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper

Postby ewokfan11 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:48 pm

I was skipping through the boring parts of the vlog...and I was suddenly at the end!! LOL! They are seriously a snooze-fest now. Reading about them here is WAY more interesting than the really fake and boring vlogs.
ewokfan11
True Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:36 pm

HashtagBlessed wrote:I went ahead and read the recipe in the deception, and it looks like they tried to substitute coconut oil for vegetable oil. Lol! Coconut oil is solid at room temperature, so of course it separated. Gross. Plus, coconut oil was trendy for a long time, and now it's common knowledge that it's one of the worst oils for you health-wise. It's 84% saturated fat, compared to butter (63% saturated fat) and olive oil (18% saturated fat).

And these two are staring in a cooking show. Doh!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby luci417 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:30 am

scoopr420 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I think pretty much everyone is on the same page about judging Kelsey. Nobody is judging her choice. Just like you said, the sanctimonious behavior plus lack of preparation. Didn't she even say that "my body knows what to do"? I mean, basically, yes, it does. But if you're going to be judgy about not using meds, you need to be prepared. Because it hurts like nothing else.

I agree. I am totally not judging Kelsey for getting the epidural. Child birth hurts like no other. there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with getting an epidural. (I just personally didn't want one)
Birth plans are great but I feel like most of the time, things just don't go as you plan. That is the first dose of what it's like to be a parent lol. Them being on their high horse ahead of time talking about it is what annoyed me.

Yeah I have no problem with the epidural itself. I was just how she acted like she was so much better than every other woman for giving birth naturally beforehand and then said she felt like a failure for getting the epidural. It came across to me that she thinks all women who get epidurals 'fail' at birth somehow for taking pain relief and she's only upset because now she's one of those women. Their reactions before and after and refusal to admit that they didn't do the work was what pissed me off.
Just a quick note:
The twins are here! Baby girls A & B both born healthy and beautiful on 05/01/17. We couldn't be happier.
luci417
Gossiper

Postby HashtagBlessed » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:00 am

I know that nothing should shock me anymore about the depths of their laziness, but I was kind of shocked that they did next to nothing to prepare for a natural birth. A one day birth class that seemed to also encompass newborn care, which Kelsey thought was not particularly useful. They missed their hospital tour due to bad weather, and didn't follow-up on rescheduling. So they just showed up at the hospital one day, and of course they weren't permitted in the restricted areas, so they just hung out at the cafeteria. No HypnoBirthing, no prenatal yoga, no lamaze class, no reading, etc. This is quite possibly the most physically difficult thing your body will ever go through, and Kelsey painted something to focus on and bought some electric candles. WHAT? She did nothing but sit in that apartment for months leading up to the birth. Prior to that she did nothing but sit in the passenger seat of the van and direct Corbin to Walmart parking lots for months. I will continue to be stunned by their staggering lack of preparation or forethought.
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper

Postby RecklessDisregard » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:06 am

Buying a costume for every day in October is a very Missy thing to do. I wonder if she's footing the bill.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper

Postby mandylouwho » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:11 pm

I've been watching Step by Step and the cousin Cody reminds me so much of Corbin haha. It's the annoying vocal fry.
mandylouwho
Gossiper

Postby onbreak » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:29 pm

mandylouwho wrote:I've been watching Step by Step and the cousin Cody reminds me so much of Corbin haha. It's the annoying vocal fry.
Sasha ::swoon::

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
onbreak
True Gossiper

Postby Pency » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:36 am

From today's 7 month update:

"Leave a comment below about when your baby or when your friend's baby started clapping because we've been TOLD she's a little early"

oh shut up Kelsey.

June is precious but I cannot stand her parents.
Pency
Gossiper

Postby HashtagBlessed » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:16 am

Pency wrote:From today's 7 month update:

"Leave a comment below about when your baby or when your friend's baby started clapping because we've been TOLD she's a little early"

oh shut up Kelsey.

Haha!

Okay, you inspired me to watch the video. Kelsey wasn't even doing the correct sign for "all done"? Did she just make up her own signs? Baby Sign Language uses the ASL sign for "finished" which is just holding up your hands so that your palms are facing you and then flipping your hands back and forth. I can't with these two, they're so stupid.
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper

Postby crew96 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:13 pm

Pency wrote:From today's 7 month update:

oh shut up Kelsey.

My baby is about 2.5/3w younger than June. One of my 6m emails from The Bump or some other baby Milestone tracker indicated it could happen at 6m...soooo idk why she thinks she has a special snowflake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crew96
Talker

Postby ewokfan11 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:00 am

Corbin was WASTED in this video!
ewokfan11
True Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:08 am

Did you see Missy's insta story with him and Kelsey? That open mouthed "I'm so excited!" look is not good on him.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:42 am

Well that costume a day thing lasted about as long as i thought it would....
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby ewokfan11 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:21 am

It seems like they have two cars now. Maybe they are borrowing one from M&B. Kelsey drove to Disneyland while Corbin drove to LA at the same time the other day. I was thinking the same a week ago when Kelsey went home with June, but Corbin stayed at M&Bs. They must have a second vehicle now.
ewokfan11
True Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:07 am

ewokfan11 wrote:It seems like they have two cars now. Maybe they are borrowing one from M&B. Kelsey drove to Disneyland while Corbin drove to LA at the same time the other day. I was thinking the same a week ago when Kelsey went home with June, but Corbin stayed at M&Bs. They must have a second vehicle now.
Well, B&M definitely have enough cars to loan them one!

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

PreviousNext

Return to Steps to Wander