Steps to Controlling Your Spouse

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Controlling Your Spouse

Unread post by onbreak »

Hows his push up thing working out?

If I had a partner that was so childish and tit for tat, I'd go crazy.
50/50 split and they both stay home?? Who knew having a family was such a burden?

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by storeynyx »

Steps_to_STFU wrote:That was one of the main things that started to rub me the wrong way when I found them. They make these grand statements with very little research or actual knowledge to back it up.

Kelsey made such a big deal about no pitocin or epi during labor. She couldn't explain why though. I had commented to let her know don't be so set on that. Labor is never cut and dry and making such set in stone rules will lead to a not needed let down when things don't go your way. Sure enough she needed both those things.

Then the vaccination bullshit. Only homeopathic medications. All stupid crap.

I can 100 % blame them for not being better educated on the well being of their child. They need to stop trying to fit into some modern day hippie role and just be normal well informed people.

Corbin's whole meltdown over the "babysitting" comment was ridiculous. Yes, he's her father but maybe he was her uncle or an actual baby sitter. Men can babysit too. A simple "nope I am dad" would have sufficed but he then throws a 5 minute tantrum about how dare the Disney store of all places ask this. Like you little weasel shut up
Which vlog was this in? I barely watch but could do with a laugh at his idiocy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Steps_to_STFU »

storeynyx wrote:
Steps_to_STFU wrote:That was one of the main things that started to rub me the wrong way when I found them. They make these grand statements with very little research or actual knowledge to back it up.

Kelsey made such a big deal about no pitocin or epi during labor. She couldn't explain why though. I had commented to let her know don't be so set on that. Labor is never cut and dry and making such set in stone rules will lead to a not needed let down when things don't go your way. Sure enough she needed both those things.

Then the vaccination bullshit. Only homeopathic medications. All stupid crap.

I can 100 % blame them for not being better educated on the well being of their child. They need to stop trying to fit into some modern day hippie role and just be normal well informed people.

Corbin's whole meltdown over the "babysitting" comment was ridiculous. Yes, he's her father but maybe he was her uncle or an actual baby sitter. Men can babysit too. A simple "nope I am dad" would have sufficed but he then throws a 5 minute tantrum about how dare the Disney store of all places ask this. Like you little weasel shut up
Which vlog was this in? I barely watch but could do with a laugh at his idiocy

It's the Jan 18th vlog Dad & baby surprise proposal to mom.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

Steps_to_STFU wrote: Corbin's whole meltdown over the "babysitting" comment was ridiculous. Yes, he's her father but maybe he was her uncle or an actual baby sitter. Men can babysit too. A simple "nope I am dad" would have sufficed but he then throws a 5 minute tantrum about how dare the Disney store of all places ask this. Like you little weasel shut up
Honestly he kinda misunderstood why the babysitting thing is bad? It's part of a much bigger issue - that moms end up doing the vast majority of childcare to the point where dads feel so little responsibility that they're 'babysitting' when they're just being with their own fucking kid. He should get mad because it's a problem; dads are worshipped for doing 10% when society tells moms they can never do enough but get mad on your wife's behalf. It's not about you!
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

queentee20 wrote: Thank you for being kind and informative :) the kind approach works so much better at getting through to people than calling someone ignorant lol. It is really worrisome though, and I also didn’t know kids were more likely to suffer from it so Idk if I can really blame Kelsey for her lack of knowledge although she is a mother and I am not. You’d think someone would have told her... I feel like they try so hard to be this hippie wannabe couple and they have no idea how it could affect their daughter. Reference to teen mom’s amber “I don’t care about your hippie bullshit!” they should get that baby vaccinated ASAP. I hope this doesn’t offend anyone but the whole linking shots to autism is so far out there to me, I’ve never seen actual concrete evidence however it’s been years since I’ve done research so correct me if I am wrong! (Respectfully.)

Also should add I don’t think not vaccinating is hippyish I just think they’ve got this overall (stereotypical in MY mind) wannabe hippi vibe going on... obviously they fail so hard at it
In regards to the autism thing - Andrew Wakefield, the Doctor who theorised that the MMR vaccine caused Autism, conducted a study where he 'proved' this by fabricating results. He was stripped of his license for fraud as a result. No one has ever been able to produce evidence that autism and vaccines are linked in any way. What it really comes down to is that some people would rather run the risk of having a dead child than an autistic one. If a person feels this way they're probably better not to have kids because honestly, they're gonna be a really shitty parent.
Rihanna
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

When did Kelsey get her own laptop? I thought they only had one and Corbin bought her the iPad Pro, which we've never seen again since he gave it to her. Maybe he returned it for another laptop?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

luci417 wrote:
Steps_to_STFU wrote: Corbin's whole meltdown over the "babysitting" comment was ridiculous. Yes, he's her father but maybe he was her uncle or an actual baby sitter. Men can babysit too. A simple "nope I am dad" would have sufficed but he then throws a 5 minute tantrum about how dare the Disney store of all places ask this. Like you little weasel shut up
Honestly he kinda misunderstood why the babysitting thing is bad? It's part of a much bigger issue - that moms end up doing the vast majority of childcare to the point where dads feel so little responsibility that they're 'babysitting' when they're just being with their own fucking kid. He should get mad because it's a problem; dads are worshipped for doing 10% when society tells moms they can never do enough but get mad on your wife's behalf. It's not about you!
I agree, i'm glad he said what he said and was angry about it. there is nothing that burns my ass more than a dad saying they are "babysitting" and getting ass pats for it.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unless he walked in that store and said "Hello all I am Junipers dad!!" Then someone making a comment is not like she sought out to insult him. I have seen people be insulted when it's assumed they are the parent. "Oh these aren't mine ..." So yea.. highly doubt minimum wage Disney store lady woke up looking how to insult the next dbag with a neck beard who walked through the door with a kid.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

Steps_to_STFU wrote:Unless he walked in that store and said "Hello all I am Junipers dad!!" Then someone making a comment is not like she sought out to insult him. I have seen people be insulted when it's assumed they are the parent. "Oh these aren't mine ..." So yea.. highly doubt minimum wage Disney store lady woke up looking how to insult the next dbag with a neck beard who walked through the door with a kid.
The thing of dads 'babysitting' their own kids is a real problem that reflects' our society's views about parenting but in this case it could have been an honest mistake. I wasn't trying to say he should have been mad at this random retail worker who probably couldn't have cared less if Corbin gave birth to June himself. My point was just if it reminded him of this issue and he wanted to draw attention to the problem, he should've talked about why it's sexist and wrong vs 'couldnt she see what an amazing father I clearly am?!'
Rihanna
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I think Corbin misinterpreted the comment and freaked out. YES, dads don't "babysit," but he was out at the mall in the middle of the day on a weekday - last I checked most (yes, I know, not ALL) dads are at work that time of day. Heck, my sister used to have a MALE au pair and he took care of the kids during the day and he was the babysitter.

Corbin came off as a little too sensitive snowflake about the comment IMO. (And probably because he knows he should be working.)
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Oh I fully agree. Dad's don't babysit. I get that and I agree he was not understanding that statement in the grand scheme of things. He just annoyed the shit out of me in that video. He act like the woman woke up with intentions of insulting him personally.
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

Steps_to_STFU wrote:Unless he walked in that store and said "Hello all I am Junipers dad!!" Then someone making a comment is not like she sought out to insult him. I have seen people be insulted when it's assumed they are the parent. "Oh these aren't mine ..." So yea.. highly doubt minimum wage Disney store lady woke up looking how to insult the next dbag with a neck beard who walked through the door with a kid.
To be fair, if I were a minimum wage Disney employee, I probably would wake up looking to insult all the hipster dbags with neck beards that came in the store

Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

The video this morning is so beyond cringe. That dog is going to end up biting her. She allot got nipped today when she ripped out his tail fur. Stupid ass Corbin just sitting and laughing.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I think that the Easter party theme is clever in the sense that Easter decor is literally everywhere right now so it will be super easy to decorate, but it's a stretch to say that Juniper is born close to Easter when she's was born March 8 and Easter this year is April 1. I also have to laugh at the irony of all of the veggie/garden decorations when Kelsey didn't do the research and has no follow-through with her garden.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:I think that the Easter party theme is clever in the sense that Easter decor is literally everywhere right now so it will be super easy to decorate, but it's a stretch to say that Juniper is born close to Easter when she's was born March 8 and Easter this year is April 1. I also have to laugh at the irony of all of the veggie/garden decorations when Kelsey didn't do the research and has no follow-through with her garden.
Exactly! The spring/Easter decor is everywhere, but they are going to the more expensive "craft" stores. Why not get a bunch of decorations at Target's $1 section or even Dollar Tree?? They'll probably trash everything anyways! Plus, aren't they moving after the summer is over?? Why get more junk just to move it in a few months??

I have a big Dollar Tree nearby that always carries A TON of cute seasonal decorations that look just as nice as things from those expensive craft stores - and 80-90% is reusable for the next year.
Steps_to_STFU
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Their need to complain that there are no baby blue dresses. Whine whine whine Corbin. Can't ever get through a vlog without bitch baby Corbin and whining.

Plus getting her an "experience" as a first birthday present.. stfu you moron.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Is June's birthday party THIS weekend? That's what it sounds like. Are they going to just make it her birthday month for views??? JEEEEEEZ! Her actual birthday is still two weeks away.
candy_toffee
Talker
Talker

Unread post by candy_toffee »

Its embarrassing seeing these two so devoid of content that they have to rely on a birthday (which is NOT so near) to drag their channel.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

ewokfan11 wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:I think that the Easter party theme is clever in the sense that Easter decor is literally everywhere right now so it will be super easy to decorate, but it's a stretch to say that Juniper is born close to Easter when she's was born March 8 and Easter this year is April 1. I also have to laugh at the irony of all of the veggie/garden decorations when Kelsey didn't do the research and has no follow-through with her garden.
Exactly! The spring/Easter decor is everywhere, but they are going to the more expensive "craft" stores. Why not get a bunch of decorations at Target's $1 section or even Dollar Tree?? They'll probably trash everything anyways! Plus, aren't they moving after the summer is over?? Why get more junk just to move it in a few months??

I have a big Dollar Tree nearby that always carries A TON of cute seasonal decorations that look just as nice as things from those expensive craft stores - and 80-90% is reusable for the next year.
Oh I have a feeling a lot of that stuff is going right back to the store after the party. Between shopping Missy's collection and returning things to the store, I'd be surprised if they hold on to very much.

So Corbin is highly offended if a store employee dares to insinuated that he is the babysitter, but it seems that any time Kelsey wants to leave the house on her own, Corbin makes a big stink. Remember when she went with her mom to get her nails done for MOTHER'S DAY and Corbin complained about how long she was gone, basically whining about having to take care of his own child solo? Now today Kelsey says that she "asked if he would be okay" with her running a few errands today while he stayed with the baby for nap time. That wording struck me as very odd. They're both stay-at-home parents, you would think running errands while someone stays back with the baby would be pretty routine. But I guess Kelsey needs to ask her husband if it's okay before she can run to Starbucks and Target while he watches the baby?
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:

Oh I have a feeling a lot of that stuff is going right back to the store after the party. Between shopping Missy's collection and returning things to the store, I'd be surprised if they hold on to very much.

So Corbin is highly offended if a store employee dares to insinuated that he is the babysitter, but it seems that any time Kelsey wants to leave the house on her own, Corbin makes a big stink. Remember when she went with her mom to get her nails done for MOTHER'S DAY and Corbin complained about how long she was gone, basically whining about having to take care of his own child solo? Now today Kelsey says that she "asked if he would be okay" with her running a few errands today while he stayed with the baby for nap time. That wording struck me as very odd. They're both stay-at-home parents, you would think running errands while someone stays back with the baby would be pretty routine. But I guess Kelsey needs to ask her husband if it's okay before she can run to Starbucks and Target while he watches the baby?
Corbin saying that he was “stuck” while holding June I thought was odd. Why not put her down? She looked pretty sound asleep. I think Corbin hovers over June too much. Kelsey seemed fine with her fussing a bit but he went in to rock her. More of his controlling things. Also why was kelsey so surprised? They have a camera in there.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”