• Advertisement

Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Postby CallieT » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:15 am

Has anybody watched that episode of Friends where Rachel's baby 'says' her first word, because that's what today's vlog reminded me of lol
CallieT
Informer

Advertisement

Postby zil » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:21 pm

I normally lurk but had to register after I saw this. I was watching the UP network and a preview for a special called Expecting came on. Looks like Kelsey and Corbin will be featured. Kinda surprised they aren't advertising for it yet. I couldn't get the video to post but you can watch the preview here http://uptv.com/shows/expecting/
zil

Postby webbygurl626 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:48 pm

zil wrote:I normally lurk but had to register after I saw this. I was watching the UP network and a preview for a special called Expecting came on. Looks like Kelsey and Corbin will be featured. Kinda surprised they aren't advertising for it yet. I couldn't get the video to post but you can watch the preview here http://uptv.com/shows/expecting/

Ugh just when u think his head can't get any bigger, do u think they will focus on the lack of prenatal care ooh or Corbin's post partum depression and jealousy of not being able to nurse her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
webbygurl626
Gossiper

Postby zil » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:13 pm

webbygurl626 wrote:
zil wrote:I normally lurk but had to register after I saw this. I was watching the UP network and a preview for a special called Expecting came on. Looks like Kelsey and Corbin will be featured. Kinda surprised they aren't advertising for it yet. I couldn't get the video to post but you can watch the preview here http://uptv.com/shows/expecting/

Ugh just when u think his head can't get any bigger, do u think they will focus on the lack of prenatal care ooh or Corbin's post partum depression and jealousy of not being able to nurse her

I'm not sure but I am willing to take one for the team and watch. It looks like it will just be up to the birth but if it gets picked up as a series maybe we will get more details. I'm curious if there will be anything unique that wasn't shown on the vlogs or if it is just the vlog on tv.
zil

Postby ewokfan11 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:42 am

Looks like they just sold rights to use their vlog footage - the one-time "Labor Day" special won't be anything new. Wonder how they got hooked up with that - Full Screen, Missy??? I've never even heard of that that channel. Good find, Zil!!
ewokfan11
True Gossiper

Postby ewokfan11 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:15 am

I just checked and my cable company doesn't even offer UP. I guess it used to be called the Gospel Music Channel. Could it just be a regional cable channel??
ewokfan11
True Gossiper

Postby zil » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:55 pm

I don't think it is regional, just really new. It is usually only offered on the larger cable packages since it is a religious/family channel. I'm fascinated by mega families and watch Bringing Up Bates.
zil

Postby ewokfan11 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:05 am

Hoop earrings for a BABY? Are they that dumb? She's really going to cry when she accidentally rips one out!!!! They also look really bad on her. What was wrong with some cute little studs???

And what was the point of Corbin getting HIS ears pierced?? He wants to look MORE like a total douchebag??? He just looks stupid!

Well, anything for VIEWS!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
ewokfan11
True Gossiper

Postby violet-kelsey black » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:22 am

I thought it was clickbait lol i was surprised that they actually pierced her ears. I'm happy that they went to a professional tattoo shop and not to a random store that use the gun.

I personally don't have to a problem with piercing a baby's ears because I'm Mexican and that's "normal". I have a two year old daughter, and I would pierce her ears but in Germany they don't pierce babies ears until they're one because of vaccinations that they need. So I'm just going to let her get them when she wants.

Anyway, i was crying from the cuteness of June hitting the piano keys with a lost face. I love it when babies don't know that they're doing something adorable

violet-kelsey black
Extreme Gossiper

Postby Tiger27 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:22 pm

violet-kelsey black wrote:I thought it was clickbait lol i was surprised that they actually pierced her ears. I'm happy that they went to a professional tattoo shop and not to a random store that use the gun.

I personally don't have to a problem with piercing a baby's ears because I'm Mexican and that's "normal". I have a two year old daughter, and I would pierce her ears but in Germany they don't pierce babies ears until they're one because of vaccinations that they need. So I'm just going to let her get them when she wants.

Anyway, i was crying from the cuteness of June hitting the piano keys with a lost face. I love it when babies don't know that they're doing something adorable

I think Corbin is attempting to use his Mexican heritage to justify the piercings. His culture doesn't seem to matter to him anytime else but how convenient that it can be used to justify him wanting to pierce his daughter's ears for the purpose of looking cuter in his mind. I find it sick that they will pierce their baby's ears but won't get her properly vaccinated.
Tiger27
Talker

Postby tintin15 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:55 pm

I actually don't approve of the ear piercing, sorry. June was so upset and those hoops are dangerous for a grabby baby. I think they should have at least waited until they could explain to her what was going to happen...she was so upset having her head held still and then having a needle through her earlobe.
tintin15
True Gossiper

Postby avabrooke1226 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:09 pm

My daughter had heart surgery when she was a baby so I've had to hold her down numerous times to get bloodwork, X-rays, ultrasounds etc so anything that's unnecessary like ear piercings just makes me cringe. I know a lot of people do it but I just couldn't and I actually couldn't even watch this vlog because of that.
avabrooke1226
Talker

Postby KaterTot » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:28 pm

I saw a girl tell everyone it's ok they are made to come apart easy if they are snagged or grabbed, I was like, why? So they can put them in their mouth and choke on the hoops?
And I LMAO when I saw more than one saying " so how many kids will you have if you have to pierce your ears every time you have a baby?" I was like DON'T GIVE HIM ANY IDEAS!!! :D But he did make it sound like the tradition was your baby getting ears pierced with the Father in that pic.
KaterTot
Informer

Postby ewokfan11 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:53 pm

I think those type of hoops have sort of a ball that screws on to close the loop. So, no, they DO NOT come apart easily. I had that type of hoop when I had a bellybutton ring WAY back in the day. They also need to worry beyond just June ripping them out, but also other kids (Ollie, Finn) or a pet.

Anyway, I'm almost 100% sure this hippie-dippy place is where they got it done. I'm sure Corbin got excited when he read "Piercing the ears of a baby girl is one of the oldest and most sacred of human rituals."

http://www.nomadpiercingstudio.com/piercingchildren.html
ewokfan11
True Gossiper

Postby Jessi31 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:05 pm

I have a 7 month old and can't imagine inflicting any unnecessary pain on him. I had to skip the part of June getting the piercing. I hate seeing babies in distress like that. If i ever have a girl, I will be waiting until she asks to get her ears pierced and then fully explaining the pain and responsibility of keeping them clean etc. A poor little baby has no choice in the matter.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
Jessi31
Informer

Postby janem » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:54 pm

I hated how many times Corbin had to look at himself in the camera. So vain he makes me sick. Thought it was interesting after June got hers done, kelsey asked to have her back. It Corbin didn't give her up. Such a jerk.
No corbin, your 4 month old isn't a piano star just because pounds on the keys. Why did he have to contradict kelsey when she said it was Mozart ? Controlling much? Think so.

janem
Gossiper

Postby Pency » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:41 am

Jessi31 wrote:I have a 7 month old and can't imagine inflicting any unnecessary pain on him. I had to skip the part of June getting the piercing. I hate seeing babies in distress like that. If i ever have a girl, I will be waiting until she asks to get her ears pierced and then fully explaining the pain and responsibility of keeping them clean etc. A poor little baby has no choice in the matter.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

At least they went to a professional piercer and didn't get the gun, it was no worse than a vaccine (which they basically refuse to get, soo....)

My main issue is that Corbin is all of the sudden SUPER into his Hispanic heritage. I didn't even know he was Hispanic at all until he decided he wanted to get his baby's ears pierced.
Pency
Gossiper

Postby ewokfan11 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:45 am

Pency wrote:My main issue is that Corbin is all of the sudden SUPER into his Hispanic heritage. I didn't even know he was Hispanic at all until he decided he wanted to get his baby's ears pierced.

I still don't think he's into his Hispanic heritage - honestly, in the past it seemed to embarrass him and was RARELY mentioned. Didn't the earring idea come up AFTER he visited his Hispanic relatives in SoCal??? He doesn't even seem to speak to his Hispanic mother.

The Portland area also has a large Hispanic community, but they never seem to do any activities or go to any events - not even the big Cinco de Mayo Fiesta on the waterfront! It also REALLY irks me that he says "there's no good Mexican food in Portland," well, that's just a TOTAL lie! They just don't bother to try to find it and he loves to complain.

One thing I'm sure he does: Checks the "Hispanic" race box on job applications to take advantage of the system. :-o :-o :-o
ewokfan11
True Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:02 am

OMG-- can't copy and paste on my phone, but your last sentence! I can absolutely see Corbin doing that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Strawberry26 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:22 am

I'm suprised that the person who done June's earings never asked for a vaccination record. Most need those in order to get them done.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Strawberry26
Informer

Postby violet-kelsey black » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:34 pm

Ughhh again with the "to be continued..." At first I kind of believed the prank, but then after a while it screamed staged.

violet-kelsey black
Extreme Gossiper

Postby ewokfan11 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:57 pm

violet-kelsey black wrote:Ughhh again with the "to be continued..." At first I kind of believed the prank, but then after a while it screamed staged.

It was 100% fake. They have a second door to the bathroom through their bedroom. Also, I'm sure Kelsey would be A LOT more upset about Corbin cutting her hair than that weird pretend acting she did. I couldn't even watch the whole thing.

What audience are they making these dumb videos for?? Kids? Adults aren't THAT dumb. This "to be continued...." thing is already old after that fake pregnancy test one last week.

I'd LOVE to see them do an HONEST Q&A. Questions:

Why doesn't Corbin see or speak to his parents?
Was June a planned baby just so you could go full-time on YT?
How much $$$$ do DBs give you every month? Didn't they support your entire road trip???
Are you really moving to SoCal just to use Missy/Bryan more?
Does Corbin speak Spanish? Has he been to Mexico?
Why did Kelsey spend the time and money to get a degree if she was never going to use it...ever?
What do your families REALLY think about you being on YT?
Do you think exploiting your baby for your SOLE income is a good, decent way to life your life?
ewokfan11
True Gossiper

Postby summerlee » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:58 pm

Total rip off of Nikki and John (Pranksters in Love) prank:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2KVE7ITd0I
summerlee
Amateur

Postby janem » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:32 pm

That's so lame that he copied them!! Even the title. Really do have to question who they're making the vlogs for. Is this the kind of content their "sponsors" (other than B M) want? Their acting is so horrible. Corbin get a real job!

janem
Gossiper

Postby shelbyanne » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:10 am

I just saw a commercial for this show they're going to be on. Corbin being on my tv really made me shudder...

shelbyanne
Amateur

PreviousNext

Return to Steps to Wander