Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

Idunnowhyimhere
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander: Natural Disaster

Unread post by Idunnowhyimhere »

Wtf is using to edit? Dial up? (Fellow vlogger here, who uses one of the bigger "advanced" editors...) I've yet to see a video that would take 10 hours........ or anywhere even close. I've been quiet here but honestly I can't stand his whining man baby crap. I tried to watch after June was born and I just can't. And I'm pretty natural hipster ish myself... he's just so up tight and pretends to be chill when it's clear he's anything but chill. UGH. I'm surprised they're even using mom/dad type names... at this rate they might have just had her call them by their first names

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

Apart from the fact that most of their vlogs have very little content and are simply put together, there's just not enough hours in the day for him to routinely spend 10 hours, or anywhere near that, editing.
They get up whenever, go do something and go eat, by that time it's usually 1-2 pm at the earliest. He often takes a nap with June, there's (probably) another couple of hours, he usually cooks or goes to get dinner, and has work out time. Occasionally we see him on the laptop, not often, and they've told us he sleeps at night (unlike Cullen, Oscar, etc). So unless they expect us to believe that he gets up at 2 or 3 am to edit, where in the day is he spending 10 hours on this vlog?

alyssadt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by alyssadt »

I'm full on evil laughing to all of the comments of their adult followers calling them out on their BS. Looks like it might be time for them to get some real jobs and grow the f up

ohaudrey
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by ohaudrey »

Idunnowhyimhere wrote:Wtf is using to edit? Dial up? (Fellow vlogger here, who uses one of the bigger "advanced" editors...) I've yet to see a video that would take 10 hours........ or anywhere even close. I've been quiet here but honestly I can't stand his whining man baby crap. I tried to watch after June was born and I just can't. And I'm pretty natural hipster ish myself... he's just so up tight and pretends to be chill when it's clear he's anything but chill. UGH. I'm surprised they're even using mom/dad type names... at this rate they might have just had her call them by their first namesImage

What's your channel?

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Who wants to bet tomorrow's vlog will be YET ANOTHER "we need to discuss our unfair troll problem" sit-down vlog??!!!?? I'm guessing Corbin will say they need to do sponsored ads because babies are expensive and they need to buy a car and they have to pay for health insurance and taxes and food carts and Amazon Prime shopping!!!!

Also, has anyone else noticed they were drinking in the vlogs almost everyday, but now not at all???!! I think the negative comments really do get to them. I don't think they - especially Corbin - are cut out for a YT career. He gets so butthurt over the smallest critical comment.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Good grief, did they seriously go to "music class" even though their baby was fast asleep? They commented last time that Juniper was the youngest baby there. It really is abundantly clear these outings are about vlog content and not actually age appropriate.
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

ewokfan11 wrote:Who wants to bet tomorrow's vlog will be YET ANOTHER "we need to discuss our unfair troll problem" sit-down vlog??!!!?? I'm guessing Corbin will say they need to do sponsored ads because babies are expensive and they need to buy a car and they have to pay for health insurance and taxes and food carts and Amazon Prime shopping!!!!

Also, has anyone else noticed they were drinking in the vlogs almost everyday, but now not at all???!! I think the negative comments really do get to them. I don't think they - especially Corbin - are cut out for a YT career. He gets so butthurt over the smallest critical comment.

You win the gold star! They even got that video out early, today....jeez Louise these people are so freaking sensitive!!
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

ewokfan11 wrote:Who wants to bet tomorrow's vlog will be YET ANOTHER "we need to discuss our unfair troll problem" sit-down vlog??!!!?? I'm guessing Corbin will say they need to do sponsored ads because babies are expensive and they need to buy a car and they have to pay for health insurance and taxes and food carts and Amazon Prime shopping!!!!

Well, boom you called it. I haven't actually watched the video yet, but it popped up on my Twitter feed: HATE ONLY HURTS!

I cannot help but roll my eyes at these two. They are going to have to toughen up a bit if they want to get up to DB fame. I looked at some of the comments on yesterday's vlog -- they are definitely not "hate" comments. 99% of them say something like "I love you guys but...the sponsored content is out of control and we don't like it" Uhhhh...that's not hate? That's legitimate criticism from their fan base, and if they want people to keep watching, they should probably take it to heart. I'm sure there are a few hateful ones, but it's YOUTUBE -- that's kind of the norm.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

And why is the world can they not process criticism and respond professionally? Their viewers were honestly telling them that the title was misleading and not appreciated, and the sponsorship was awkward and not well executed. They are so immature for lashing out and labeling feedback as "hate." They're really shooting themselves in the foot with their pompous and entitled attitude.
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

They might just be the whiniest, most immature "adults" I've ever seen. She was pouting up a storm. "These are our MEMORIES, guys!!" Then demonetize, privatize, and do something productive with your lives so your children can look back and be proud of their parents. I would be appalled and embarrassed to have parents who were YouTubers and did NOTHING with their day.
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

And now ALLLLLL the suck ups come out to play and placate on the new video...for attention
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Their subscriber rate is down 94.6% for the last 30 days and their views are down 30.8%. Their estimated earnings are way down from the spike they got after the birth.

They claim they rarely do dedicated sponsor videos vs. integration, but I would argue they do WAY more dedicated sponsor videos than any other family vlogging channel I've seen. I noticed that before the FabFitFun video. I wasn't sure if that's because they don't know what they're doing, or they're not in a position to better negotiate the contracts.

To simply say "that's how YouTube works" when you get criticism for a poorly executed sponsor video? Good grief they are not smart. Does she seriously not see the hypocrisy of saying they try to be honest and genuine in the same breath where they claim they have to be misleading because "that's how YouTube works"? So many contradictions as they try to justify this to viewers.

She really didn't take any of the feedback to heart. Why not say that you want to do better to create sponsored content that's more informative? She didn't have anything interesting to say about the box and there was no research that went in to explaining the products or even pronouncing them properly. Instead they're both saying "This is the way it is. If you don't like it, leave." Imagine if they gave feedback to a business and that was the customer service response!

For Corbin to say "we make it kind of our job" is BS. Corbin's other job is part-time and doesn't offer benefits. This is absolutely a major piece of their income. You can't have it both ways, monetizing videos and doing sponsorships, but turning around and claiming you're only doing it for the memories whenever you get feedback from your consumers aka the viewers.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

And once again several of the top comments are people telling them to learn from the feedback and not to alienate viewers by lecturing them, because viewers are the reason they're making money on YouTube in the first place.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I _hate_ when vloggers claim to be doing it "for the memories". It's such BS! Nobody monetizes videos "for the memories". Even Shay admitted that it became a challenge to himself to get bigger Adsense checks. It's an outright lie to say you vlog for the memories. If you are truly just doing it for the memories, why make it public and subject yourself to the "hate"? Does he really expect people to believe that?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

And just like that, they erased the top comment that was honestly calling them out on their hypocrisy and had all the support.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

They are so idiotic for addressing this. This, combined with Corbin's affinity for reading and patronizing negative comments is going to be the downfall of their channel. First rule of YouTube is to ignore the haters. "We don't do YouTube for the money!" Ok, then, why are you doing sponsored content? Why are you with Fullscreen?

Also "If you don't like our channel, you don't have to watch" well, to that I say if you don't like the comments you don't have to read them. They are such dumb children.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Edenberry wrote:And just like that, they erased the top comment that was honestly calling them out on their hypocrisy and had all the support.
It's pretty telling when they start deleting comments that aren't rude or nasty in the slightest, but simply make a better point. They can't form a response, so they have to censor it. It's like YouTube fascism. They're so small minded and can't handle any conversation or response that isn't filled with deluded praise. I predict their numbers will continue to slow down and eventually decline. They aren't treating it like a business.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Guess what guys? I have tons of videos on my phone that I have taken for my own memories! I don't feel the need to post and monetize those videos. I'm officially unsubscribed from these idiots.

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

They don't have to address the "haters" that often, especially for comments that are completely on par for YouTube. All YouTubers get comments like "I just wasted my time on this video," "This was boring," "You're fat," "You're ugly," etc. Is it rude? Yes. But that's just the nature of comments. AFAIK, they haven't had their safety threatened or had someone stalk them. I don't like when YouTubers make "We have to talk videos" in general, but I can understand when they have to address people actually being malicious and constantly threatening their children's lives or posting their address online. But this? They do a "we have to talk" about topics like this at least monthly! Enough! They should just stop reading the comments if they can't even handle the boring troll comments.
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

They've lost a lot of subscribers (for them) from today's video. Maybe it sends a message...but I'm not holding out for it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”