Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by Pency »

It's adorable that they think June is saying Mama. If they didn't insist on calling Corbin Papa, they would say she is saying Dada too.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

It really does appear that Corbin is Bryan's new assistant. He was at DBs house for the entire calendar photo shoot. I wonder how long that will last. Corbin doesn't seem like the type who enjoys working as a lowly assistant.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

ewokfan11 wrote:It really does appear that Corbin is Bryan's new assistant. He was at DBs house for the entire calendar photo shoot. I wonder how long that will last. Corbin doesn't seem like the type who enjoys working as a lowly assistant.
Oh, that's interesting. I agree, if Corbin was there for the photo shoot (and considering that they uploaded a six minute video today that only consisted of Kelsey talking) I think it's safe to say he's working for Bryan and Missy now. How long did Jeff last in that role?
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

ewokfan11 wrote:It really does appear that Corbin is Bryan's new assistant. He was at DBs house for the entire calendar photo shoot. I wonder how long that will last. Corbin doesn't seem like the type who enjoys working as a lowly assistant.

He's definitely working for the lumps. I actually feel kind of bad for Missy and Kelsey, I do think Missy believes theyre real friends and it wont be long now until thats over. Nobody can handle working for Bryan, especially not someone who believes theyre special like Corbin.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I would never hire a good friend to be my assistant. Maybe if it was a job that the person was particularly well-suite for and they had the particular skills and education needed, I would consider it. But Missy and Bryan aren’t hiring Corbin because he’s highly skilled. It’s wrought with potential conflicts. Bryan doesn’t have a good track record with hiring family and Corbin doesn’t have a good track record of holding down a job.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Wow! I can't believe Finn and June are the SAME SIZE - he's TWO and she's just 6 months!! Obviously Missy's family has some "little people" genetics, but I still can't believe Finn's that small!!

I get the feeling C&K are fighting a lot. I can't put my finger on it, but their body language and today's vlog was weird.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The washing machine made me think of this for some reason, but they never did a follow up to address why they didn't like cloth diapering. I think they don't want to admit that yet another thing they were determined to do didn't actually pan out. They've already reversed their prior stances on the suburbs, Portland, public transportation, the marathon, single family homes and natural childbirth.

Why in the world do they not have internet yet?
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Okay, sorry for the double post but I have to point this out. In their most recent "cooking show" they boiled the potatoes and then instructed viewers to peel the potatoes. I'm sorry, what? Have they ever made mashed potatoes before? If they wanted to boil first, then just cut open the potato after it's cooked and scoop all of the insides out with a spoon. I don't even understand what would posses someone to try to skin a potato after it's cooked. The instructions in the description say to peel then boil, but the video itself has them boiling then peeling. Did they mess up the recipe and then didn't have more potatoes? lol
aurora85
Talker
Talker

Unread post by aurora85 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:Okay, sorry for the double post but I have to point this out. In their most recent "cooking show" they boiled the potatoes and then instructed viewers to peel the potatoes. I'm sorry, what? Have they ever made mashed potatoes before? If they wanted to boil first, then just cut open the potato after it's cooked and scoop all of the insides out with a spoon. I don't even understand what would posses someone to try to skin a potato after it's cooked. The instructions in the description say to peel then boil, but the video itself has them boiling then peeling. Did they mess up the recipe and then didn't have more potatoes? lol
Seriously? That's so dumb!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

HashtagBlessed wrote:Okay, sorry for the double post but I have to point this out. In their most recent "cooking show" they boiled the potatoes and then instructed viewers to peel the potatoes. I'm sorry, what? Have they ever made mashed potatoes before? If they wanted to boil first, then just cut open the potato after it's cooked and scoop all of the insides out with a spoon. I don't even understand what would posses someone to try to skin a potato after it's cooked. The instructions in the description say to peel then boil, but the video itself has them boiling then peeling. Did they mess up the recipe and then didn't have more potatoes? lol
Too bad Corbin's shitty to his mom or he could have called her and asked how to make potatoes

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

Bryan made a comment in his vlog today that they had a really rough month and Corbin was all yeah like he was just worn from battle and Bryan then added something like "It is almost over now and things will be put together soon." So maybe C and K have been fighting from the stress of their not so thought out rushed move. I wonder how many more crazy major life changes/choices they are going to make. You would think they would get it by now, they don't think things through and wind up unhappy but somehow I think they would be anyway, it's like they aren't happy unless they have a little drama or something to gripe about.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm not normally on the bandwagon of people who think that Missy has a thing for Corbin (I'm generally repulsed by him, so maybe that's clouding my judgement) BUT I did find it odd that Kelsey went home to presumably put the baby to bed and Corbin stayed over to sit on the couch with Missy while she watched TV and he edited. I get that they don't have internet right now (Why can't they get the internet hooked up in their house?? Good lord these two are beyond.), but I still think it's weird. Why couldn't they close the vlog and edit earlier in the day if they don't have an internet connection at home? It wasn't even a traditional vlog, all they filmed was the pancake challenge. Why would he need to stay late at Missy and Bryan's to edit that? Maybe it's just poor planning, but my husband wouldn't stay over to hang out with my best friend while I went home. That would be odd. Maybe Kelsey and Corbin really are arguing lately.

I also find it interesting that Missy is suddenly working out regularly, when she never showed any interest in getting in shape before. She has said before that she doesn't see the point until she's done having kids. That some ridiculous logic, but I have to wonder if she's changed her mind because she's going to be around Corbin every day. I think deep down she's kind of pleased that Kelsey gained a lot of weight and now they're starting from the same "level" as she put it in her vlog. I wonder if that comment was somewhat backhanded.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

KaterTot wrote:Bryan made a comment in his vlog today that they had a really rough month and Corbin was all yeah like he was just worn from battle and Bryan then added something like "It is almost over now and things will be put together soon." So maybe C and K have been fighting from the stress of their not so thought out rushed move. I wonder how many more crazy major life changes/choices they are going to make. You would think they would get it by now, they don't think things through and wind up unhappy but somehow I think they would be anyway, it's like they aren't happy unless they have a little drama or something to gripe about.
I can see how Kelsey's annoying - she's whiny and she can't do anything for herself. But Corbin is a straight up narcissistic asshole and everyone knows it. They're so codependent (they're so perfect - shes helpless and he loves nothing more than telling people what to do) that I always assumed it was kind of 'us vs the world' but maybe Corbin is an asshole to Kelsey too and we just don't see it. I can't imagine he's all 'look at sweet baby June, my loooooove. My two amazing girls!' all the time. He has a pretty nasty temper, you can tell even from the heavy editing. I don't think they like to be uncomfortable and I can see him resenting her for pushing for a move that might longterm bring in that yt $$$$$ but for now doesn't make them that happy.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I'm not normally on the bandwagon of people who think that Missy has a thing for Corbin (I'm generally repulsed by him, so maybe that's clouding my judgement) BUT I did find it odd that Kelsey went home to presumably put the baby to bed and Corbin stayed over to sit on the couch with Missy while she watched TV and he edited. I get that they don't have internet right now (Why can't they get the internet hooked up in their house?? Good lord these two are beyond.), but I still think it's weird. Why couldn't they close the vlog and edit earlier in the day if they don't have an internet connection at home? It wasn't even a traditional vlog, all they filmed was the pancake challenge. Why would he need to stay late at Missy and Bryan's to edit that? Maybe it's just poor planning, but my husband wouldn't stay over to hang out with my best friend while I went home. That would be odd. Maybe Kelsey and Corbin really are arguing lately.

I also find it interesting that Missy is suddenly working out regularly, when she never showed any interest in getting in shape before. She has said before that she doesn't see the point until she's done having kids. That some ridiculous logic, but I have to wonder if she's changed her mind because she's going to be around Corbin every day. I think deep down she's kind of pleased that Kelsey gained a lot of weight and now they're starting from the same "level" as she put it in her vlog. I wonder if that comment was somewhat backhanded.
I think not-so-deep-inside they're all their 17 year old selves still. And maybe it never came up but I can see Kelsey being 'the pretty one' of her and Missy and maybe part of that still stings. Old friendships can be super complicated sometimes and you can still love someone but not be quite over how something happened.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Do you think they'll copy most of the daily bumps vlogs from now on?

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

I havent watched these crazies in months, but I watched the pancake challenge....and I like it? They looked like they actually had fun.

Remind me to send them a spatula since they told us they only had one spatula about twenty times though.

The part with Missy and Corbin on the couch was weird though. Way too buddy buddy. Way to giggly on Missy's part. Way to close for two married people with children.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Ohamerica
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Ohamerica »

I watched their pathetic sweet potato cooking video from baby league. They probably know the content owners of the channel but if they didn't, I'd cancel their entire season immediately. What a train wreck-- the crappy ingredients, the horrid empty kitchen, the cheap cooking equipment from Target-- it was embarrassing. It's obvious that STW has not done their homework to provide quality and informative content on such an important topic such as first foods.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

luci417 wrote:
KaterTot wrote:Bryan made a comment in his vlog today that they had a really rough month and Corbin was all yeah like he was just worn from battle and Bryan then added something like "It is almost over now and things will be put together soon." So maybe C and K have been fighting from the stress of their not so thought out rushed move. I wonder how many more crazy major life changes/choices they are going to make. You would think they would get it by now, they don't think things through and wind up unhappy but somehow I think they would be anyway, it's like they aren't happy unless they have a little drama or something to gripe about.
I can see how Kelsey's annoying - she's whiny and she can't do anything for herself. But Corbin is a straight up narcissistic asshole and everyone knows it. They're so codependent (they're so perfect - shes helpless and he loves nothing more than telling people what to do) that I always assumed it was kind of 'us vs the world' but maybe Corbin is an asshole to Kelsey too and we just don't see it. I can't imagine he's all 'look at sweet baby June, my loooooove. My two amazing girls!' all the time. He has a pretty nasty temper, you can tell even from the heavy editing. I don't think they like to be uncomfortable and I can see him resenting her for pushing for a move that might longterm bring in that yt $$$$$ but for now doesn't make them that happy.
Yes, this is the impression I get as well. It's interesting that we can still see glimpses of someone's "real" personality despite editing. Assholes like Corbin really lack self-awareness. He had no idea how he was coming across when he was retelling the story about yelling at the insurance customer service rep or when he did that mean spirited "prank" that sent his wife into hysterics. He thought all of that was just going to be so funny on the vlog. Nope. I think Corbin resents working for Bryan as well as living out in the sticks of southern California. He clearly believes that he's above it all and that he's so much more exciting and special than he actually is.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

God they are so annoying and overdramatic about everything. A stopped drain and a broken dishwasher are disasters apparently.

But I can't stop watching because June's laugh is so freaking cute.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Pency wrote:God they are so annoying and overdramatic about everything. A stopped drain and a broken dishwasher IN A RENTAL are disasters apparently.

But I can't stop watching because June's laugh is so freaking cute.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”