Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Nothankyou
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Whining: The Art of Entitlement

Unread post by Nothankyou »

ja14 wrote:This changes so much for me, and now my opinion of them is even worse!

Like I mentioned, I thought she was an art major and a wannabe artist. So it made a tiny bit of since why she hasn't had a traditional job. But then I always wondered why she didn't show off herself doing art more often and try to sell to their audience. I could never figure that out!

Now I know she is just incredibly lazy.
She could also use her YT platform and audience to build a successful Etsy shop. It would be a great way for her to channel creative energy while opening up another income stream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

They better hurry up and visit the bumps because their views are falling. They're so boring. He's got the worst click bait titles!
Did anyone else catch it when he was talking about how expensive the coffee place they always go to? So now they're going to try to make it on their own. I really think they're hurting financially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I hate to say this, but I wonder if they had June because Missy said "babies get views"? I don't think Kelsey and Corbin were even close to parenthood, but they NEEDED views for YT. Makes me sick that it's probably the truth!
valeryjackson
Talker
Talker

Unread post by valeryjackson »

she really packs a lot of stuff in her diaper bag
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

ewokfan11 wrote:I hate to say this, but I wonder if they had June because Missy said "babies get views"? I don't think Kelsey and Corbin were even close to parenthood, but they NEEDED views for YT. Makes me sick that it's probably the truth!
It's entirely possible, they had said in an older video that they didn't want to start a family until they were closer to 30. I think they changed their mind, and I think they started the vlogs again after a long hiatus knowing that they would be pregnant soon and hopefully the pregnancy would launch their channel, probably based on advice from Missy and Bryan.

Since when does breastfeeding mean you can't take any allergy medicine? Claritin and Allegra are both safe to take.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

HashtagBlessed wrote: Since when does breastfeeding mean you can't take any allergy medicine? Claritin and Allegra are both safe to take.
She should try something "natural" from their naturopathic pediatrician. It has to work if she says so, right?
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:Since when does breastfeeding mean you can't take any allergy medicine? Claritin and Allegra are both safe to take.
I was wondering about that!!! I have terrible hay fever and this time of the year in Portland is the WORST! Why suffer when you don't have to?? Beer and wine are fine, but no allergy medication that is actually totally okay to take?? They are so weird!
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

ewokfan11 wrote:
fossilfinger wrote:Doesn't it seem kind of bad for them to only visit Idaho for a few days and then go off on their summer adventures? Can Idaho not count as one of their adventures? It looks like they're brushing off their extended family so they can go have clickbaity adventures with Juniper alone. They could have stayed in Idaho at least a few more days.

Corbin said in their Q&A that on road trips he liked to get Wendy's because they "hardly ever eat fast food." Newsflash, food trucks are fast food.
God that's hilarious. For someone so sensitive he really has absolutely no self awareness at all, does he? Even when they're not eating out it's Hello Fresh which is basically glorified fast food. There's no way you could live on that alone without gaining a shit ton of weight because it's all carbs, carbs, carbs and very little veggies. Oh wait, I forgot all their frozen crap from Trader Joe's!
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

Her degree is for anthropology, not art - unless she went to some other school before SOU. Didn't she also say she was going to sell paintings to help raise money during their road trip? I don't recall her even painting one, and she certainly didn't sell any. She says it's her passion, but she never does it. I think she's just lazy!

On another topic, I can't believe they took a baby to Departure. It's lucky she didn't cry. That's an upscale downtown restaurant/lounge, and I would be annoyed if there was a crying baby around while I was enjoying my cocktails at happy hour on a sunny Friday afternoon! And the last time I was there - which was years ago - they allowed smoking on the patio. I think the hostess looked at the baby and thought, "Crap, where can I seat them AWAY from everyone else?!?!"

I knew we could count on Kelsey to have literally the most useless degree possible. Anthropology is nothing unless you want to go into academia which can require a lot of field work and interacting with other cultures which would mean Kelsey would have to actually step out of her comfort zone. Leaving the apartment for more than an hour a day to do anything but eat junk food is out of this girl's comfort zone so that's never going to happen. And OF COURSE they're those assholes that bring a baby to a fancy restaurant. I'm glad the staff were rude to them - I'd have given them the brush off if I worked there and they wanted to sit in the crowded part of the restaurant with their baby where people are drinking/trying to have adult conversation. If they're embarrassed to be from Idaho like a pp said they should know that makes them look like real country bumpkins who don't know anything about fine dining.
Rihanna
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I stopped watching with any regularity, they're too tedious and boring to even hate watch at this point. But did they explain why their dog is no longer living with them? I think they can no longer afford the daily dog daycare and I'm assuming Kelsey's mom is either retired or works from home and can be with him all day. I can't imagine sending your dog away rather than, I don't know, looking for real employment? These two are going to dig their feet in and refuse to grow up.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ETA: Corbin has clearly been let go or quit his other job, so they have no supplemental income. If we suspend reality for a second and say they're making the tippy top of their Social Blade estimate, that's $5.4K. I think it's more likely they're making half of that. Considering they're living in a city, paying Portland rent, health insurance for a family of 3, eating out often, possibly making a new car payment etc. I'm willing to bet they aren't saving anything. The cost of rent, utilities, groceries, and health insurance premiums alone would exceed $2.7k, which is half of $5.4k.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

What about the thing they have with BabyLeauge (or whatever? Ive never watched it, i just know they talk about it..) how do they get paid with that? Does BL pay them a flat fee or do they get income from the views on that?
bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:ETA: Corbin has clearly been let go or quit his other job, so they have no supplemental income. If we suspend reality for a second and say they're making the tippy top of their Social Blade estimate, that's $5.4K. I think it's more likely they're making half of that. Considering they're living in a city, paying Portland rent, health insurance for a family of 3, eating out often, possibly making a new car payment etc. I'm willing to bet they aren't saving anything. The cost of rent, utilities, groceries, and health insurance premiums alone would exceed $2.7k, which is half of $5.4k.
Don't they have to pay taxes out of that, too? Or is that included in social blade estimations?
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I don't think Social Blade is sophisticated enough to take into account after tax income or the fees people pay their networks. So I think their estimates are before taxes, and before the network takes a cut. It also doesn't include sponsored content, product placement, or endorcement deals. Just AdSense, I believe. But some YouTubers have either purposefully or accidentally revealed their monthly YouTube earnings and it seems no one claims to be making the top of their range, even with sponsorship dollars.

I don't know how Baby League works. I think considering the fact that Daily Bumps and Katie & Cullen did those videos when they were in the infancy of their channels, I wouldn't be surprised if those are simply a cross promotional tool and your payment is minimal.
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by melonyogloo »

bunny88 wrote:Don't they have to pay taxes out of that, too? Or is that included in social blade estimations?
They would have to pay tax like all of us but they probably write off/depreciate all of the Youtube related expenses, equipment and trips to decrease their gross income.

I guess the last minute trip they took to Lost Lake and stayed in a yurt is to make today's Babyleague video, sponsored by Dockatot.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Oh gross, it looks like one of their recent BabyLeague videos is "Romance After Baby." No one cares!

It looks like FamiLeague is a network that connects brands to YouTubers. I wonder how they can participate if their Network is Fullscreen? It looks like their latest video is an ad for Dockatot. They did another video for them that was an ad for Poncho Baby.
bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:Oh gross, it looks like one of their recent BabyLeague videos is "Romance After Baby." No one cares!

It looks like FamiLeague is a network that connects brands to YouTubers. I wonder how they can participate if their Network is Fullscreen? It looks like their latest video is an ad for Dockatot. They did another video for them that was an ad for Poncho Baby.
Oh gross! They are one of the least romantic couples I have ever seen!!! They have such a weird dynamic!!!
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

HashtagBlessed wrote:ETA: Corbin has clearly been let go or quit his other job, so they have no supplemental income. If we suspend reality for a second and say they're making the tippy top of their Social Blade estimate, that's $5.4K. I think it's more likely they're making half of that. Considering they're living in a city, paying Portland rent, health insurance for a family of 3, eating out often, possibly making a new car payment etc. I'm willing to bet they aren't saving anything. The cost of rent, utilities, groceries, and health insurance premiums alone would exceed $2.7k, which is half of $5.4k.
I would guess they actually make more than $5.4k per month because of their sponsorship deals. They probably make at least a few thousand a month for advertising.

With their cost of living, though, even if they are making $6-7k per month, it's not going to go THAT far, especially since they spend so much money on takeout and various products/gadgets.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

fossilfinger wrote:
I would guess they actually make more than $5.4k per month because of their sponsorship deals. They probably make at least a few thousand a month for advertising.

With their cost of living, though, even if they are making $6-7k per month, it's not going to go THAT far, especially since they spend so much money on takeout and various products/gadgets.
My thinking is that if people with an average of 100k views a day have shared their earnings, including AdSense and sponsorships, and it's not at the top of the Social Blade estimate, why would these two be earning the tippy top of their estimate, or more, with 45k average daily views? Ellie showed a monthly budget of $50k several months ago back when their Social Blade estimate was around $100k monthly at the high end. And Ellie and Missy have revenue coming from their mom channels in addition to the daily vlogs. I'm not saying it's an exact science, but I highly doubt they're making the top of their range.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

I always thought that either side of the range was pretty unlikely barring either a viral video or some kind of controversy and you were supposed to look at the median to get a more realistic range. Channels go through ups and downs based on a lot of factors and I'd bet some of them are kind of random and mostly decided by chance (there's a lot of great content on yt that just never takes off for some reason and then there's Sam and Nia with a swimming pool full of bathbombs at like 1m views, the universe is random and cruel). I also think that some people on ytmd never learned about statistics because they'll say things like 'Their subscriber count is down by 150%! They're totally bombing!!' because you'll see on social blade '-150%' but that's...not really what that means. I'd bet they probably earn somewhere in the radius of 2.5k a month and are living maybe 1k a month outside of their means. If they were making more they'd be sending more. That's the type of people they are imo.
Rihanna

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”