Steps to Controlling Your Spouse

luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Controlling Your Spouse

Unread post by luci417 »

queentee20 wrote:I don’t watch them anymore but reading these posts cracks me up LOL... Corbin must have no sense of worth to be another assistant. I’m sure at first they think “oh cool we’re best friends! Working for Bryan will be so cool” then they end up regretting it. Don’t mix friends & business or in Jeff’s case family & business
Corbin and Bryan are alike in a lot of ways and they deserve each other but it's never gonna last. Eventually Bryan is going to ask too much of Corbin or overwork him, and Corbin is also going to abuse Missy's generosity somehow and it's all going to implode.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

WOW! With all the YT help they get from DBs, I seriously can't believe they still haven't even hit 200K!!! They've been hovering around that same sub # since the move. I guess that says a lot about their crappy content. I don't even hate watch most days anymore!!
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

ewokfan11 wrote:WOW! With all the YT help they get from DBs, I seriously can't believe they still haven't even hit 200K!!! They've been hovering around that same sub # since the move. I guess that says a lot about their crappy content. I don't even hate watch most days anymore!!
It’s because they are soooo boring. They have literally nothing to offer besides a cute baby. As much as I dislike Bryan and Missy at times, they’re still entertaining.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

I think their issue is that they have no specific audience. Their original viewers were interested in their van trip, then they got the mommy crowd with the pregnancy but they have completely abandoned those audiences in turn for making kid focused vlogs. No adult wants to watch their silly pranks, skits, and dress up videos...plus they aren't that good at them (or take it way too far) so they aren't really that appealing to kids either. Plus a single baby who can't do much of anything but sit there and look cute doesn't really make for interesting content. They are losing their old audience and doing a terrible job at gaining the child audience they are after. They will never have a wildly successful channel.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Shorty02 wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:WOW! With all the YT help they get from DBs, I seriously can't believe they still haven't even hit 200K!!! They've been hovering around that same sub # since the move. I guess that says a lot about their crappy content. I don't even hate watch most days anymore!!
It’s because they are soooo boring. They have literally nothing to offer besides a cute baby. As much as I dislike Bryan and Missy at times, they’re still entertaining.
Boring and SO cringe-worthy. I get secondhand embarrassment watching their vlogs.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Changing June's earrings to pearl studs AND shopping at Hobby Lobby?? The Missy and Bryan brainwash is complete!!!!!

Seriously, they went from "we're forward-thinking Portland hipsters" to shopping at fucking Hobby Lobby??? Hobby Lobby is a disgusting religious-based company - and I'm sure they know that. Must have been a good brand deal offer..... FFS! These people are disgusting and have ZERO real personal values.

THEY ARE TRASH!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

ewokfan11 wrote:Changing June's earrings to pearl studs AND shopping at Hobby Lobby?? The Missy and Bryan brainwash is complete!!!!!

Seriously, they went from "we're forward-thinking Portland hipsters" to shopping at fucking Hobby Lobby??? Hobby Lobby is a disgusting religious-based company - and I'm sure they know that. Must have been a good brand deal offer..... FFS! These people are disgusting and have ZERO real personal values.

THEY ARE TRASH!
The pearl studs are better than the dangerous hoops IMO...
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:Changing June's earrings to pearl studs AND shopping at Hobby Lobby?? The Missy and Bryan brainwash is complete!!!!!

THEY ARE TRASH!
I have no problem with replacing the hoops (which were a mistake from day 1). I'm just saying they are total sell outs - and EVEN WORSE - now. Missy and Bryan started as white trash and still are with just more $$$$. Kelsey and Corbin were at least somewhat educated and interesting and TRYING to have a better life - but they are now completely sucked into the YT game of FAST CASH and fake FAME.

How long until Corbin needs his own song on iTunes??

It's pathetic.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Yep, I can't even bring myself to watch them anymore for the laughs they provide from being clueless and immature. They're not even a worthwhile "hate watch" most days.

I agree that they are missing any sort of drive or innovation. They skip vlogs regularly for short sit-down videos. Nothing they do is well thought out.

I thought the reason they used to justify the hoops was that stud earrings would poke her. Or was that just a theory on the board? All I can remember for certain was that they said the hoops were the only thing this particular tattoo/piercing shop provided for babies. If they changed her to studs, maybe they *finally* realized that a baby could yank the hoops and rip her earlobe. I still think they look ridiculous for piercing her ears when they pretended they were so progressive.

But nothing they do is consistent or genuine. It's like they're stuck in a high school mentality. I feel like I'm watching two teen parents instead of two adults who are my age.
luci417
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by luci417 »

ewokfan11 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

THEY ARE TRASH!
I have no problem with replacing the hoops (which were a mistake from day 1). I'm just saying they are total sell outs - and EVEN WORSE - now. Missy and Bryan started as white trash and still are with just more $$$$. Kelsey and Corbin were at least somewhat educated and interesting and TRYING to have a better life - but they are now completely sucked into the YT game of FAST CASH and fake FAME.

It's pathetic.
I mean they came from the same town, so maybe Kelsey and Corbin were just white trash in flannel shirts. It's crazy that they started out being super concerned about gendering her and being insistent she'd sleep in a converted closet nursery with a woodland theme to living an a tack ass mcmansion (you KNOW she's getting a fugly Disney Princess bedroom with like a carriage bed or something when she's old enough) and putting her in hoop earrings before she can even crawl. I feel like it really says something about how they are as people (Corbin especially) that they'll do things like this because they think June is the most important thing in the universe but they'll still raise her in a way they think is bad/damaging for the money.
"This is the most ghetto shit I've ever seen in my life."
Rihanna
kjb223
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kjb223 »

I gotta admit that nursery is cute AF though
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

THEY ARE TRASH!

It's pathetic.
I guess i just dont see the connection between replacing her hoops with pearls and being a sell out like B&M or being brainwashed into the Lanning "tribe"... what is the connection between Bryan and Missy and pearl earrings?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:Yep, I can't even bring myself to watch them anymore for the laughs they provide from being clueless and immature. They're not even a worthwhile "hate watch" most days.

I agree that they are missing any sort of drive or innovation. They skip vlogs regularly for short sit-down videos. Nothing they do is well thought out.

I thought the reason they used to justify the hoops was that stud earrings would poke her. Or was that just a theory on the board? All I can remember for certain was that they said the hoops were the only thing this particular tattoo/piercing shop provided for babies. If they changed her to studs, maybe they *finally* realized that a baby could yank the hoops and rip her earlobe. I still think they look ridiculous for piercing her ears when they pretended they were so progressive.

But nothing they do is consistent or genuine. It's like they're stuck in a high school mentality. I feel like I'm watching two teen parents instead of two adults who are my age.
It's funny bc the hoops being "breakaway" hoops was a justification of them giving her hoops (again, idk if it was C&K saying that or just here on the boards, but i know it was used somehow) but then the reason they gave for switching them now was that she was more mobile and could actually reach for them and yank on them. Idk why they needed any sort of justification for getting her new earrings other than "yay we can change her earrings! Lets go get her some new ones!!" Seems like they have to have some big reason as to why they do everything, nothing seems to ever be done just bc they want to do it. Like i don't think anyone would care at all if you bought your baby new earring bc her holes were healed and you can change them now, they seem defensive about every move they make.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

The reason the shop they went to didn't do regular stud earrings had to do with the little fasteners on the back. Apparently they can easily get dislodged and end up inside the pierced hole, where skin puffs up and grows around them, resulting in infections and requiring medical attention. I don't know exactly how common that is, just that it's a concern for babies and small children. I've seen videos of doctors numbing the area and digging the fasteners out... It's scary for the little ones.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:It's funny bc the hoops being "breakaway" hoops was a justification of them giving her hoops (again, idk if it was C&K saying that or just here on the boards, but i know it was used somehow) but then the reason they gave for switching them now was that she was more mobile and could actually reach for them and yank on them. Idk why they needed any sort of justification for getting her new earrings other than "yay we can change her earrings! Lets go get her some new ones!!" Seems like they have to have some big reason as to why they do everything, nothing seems to ever be done just bc they want to do it. Like i don't think anyone would care at all if you bought your baby new earring bc her holes were healed and you can change them now, they seem defensive about every move they make.
Those hoops were definitely NOT breakaway!!! Did you notice they had to go to a professional to even get them removed???
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:It's funny bc the hoops being "breakaway" hoops was a justification of them giving her hoops (again, idk if it was C&K saying that or just here on the boards, but i know it was used somehow) but then the reason they gave for switching them now was that she was more mobile and could actually reach for them and yank on them. Idk why they needed any sort of justification for getting her new earrings other than "yay we can change her earrings! Lets go get her some new ones!!" Seems like they have to have some big reason as to why they do everything, nothing seems to ever be done just bc they want to do it. Like i don't think anyone would care at all if you bought your baby new earring bc her holes were healed and you can change them now, they seem defensive about every move they make.
Those hoops were definitely NOT breakaway!!! Did you notice they had to go to a professional to even get them removed???
Ugh, I'm not trying to offend anyone who choice to pierce their baby's ears, but it sounds like there are way too many potential medical complications, not to mention the initial pain, all for a procedure meant to make their baby "pretty" or "cute" or whatever. Stop objectifying children, especially girls. A baby does not need to have holes punched in her earlobes in order to wear jewelry intended to make her more attractive. She's a baby. Kelsey and Corbin are gross. It's obvious that they brought a child into this world for selfish reasons, and they film her every day to further exploit her. I know that this earring thing is small potatoes compared to the fact that they intend to profit off of their daughter for as long as they can, but it's another reminder to me.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
Ugh, I'm not trying to offend anyone who choice to pierce their baby's ears, but it sounds like there are way too many potential medical complications, not to mention the initial pain, all for a procedure meant to make their baby "pretty" or "cute" or whatever. Stop objectifying children, especially girls. A baby does not need to have holes punched in her earlobes in order to wear jewelry intended to make her more attractive. She's a baby. Kelsey and Corbin are gross. It's obvious that they brought a child into this world for selfish reasons, and they film her every day to further exploit her. I know that this earring thing is small potatoes compared to the fact that they intend to profit off of their daughter for as long as they can, but it's another reminder to me.
And of course Corbin backed up the decision saying that it wasn't for looks, it was bc of his Hispanic culture (never mind the fact that ive been watching since before they left in the van trip *bc that was interesting to me..lol* and i had ZERO clue he had a drop of Hispanic blood in his veins. I don't doubt it, i just love how it never came up until he could use it to justify a questionable decision..) and he got his dont too so we couldn't argue that it was bc she was a girl.
OT: My policy with ear piercing was when my daughter came and asked for it to be done then i would let her, but i wanted it to be her decision. My parents made me wait until i was 13 to get mine done and i was soooo mad about it. I couldn't stand the thought of doing it to my baby, but she wanted it done at around 3, so we did.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I made my daughter wait until she was old enough to care for them herself. When I was growing up, my mom didn't want me to have them done because when _she_ was young "nice girls didn't have pierced ears". LOL. But I finally got them! And so did she. I don't understand doing an infant. I don't judge people for whom it really is a cultural thing, but people like Corbin who whip out a "cultural" reason when they don't do anything else with that culture, chap my hide.
It's going to be interesting to see if his "Hispanic heritage" comes out when Dia de Los Muertos comes along-- they are in Southern California now after all, and it's a bigger deal here.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm guessing they won't be going to visit family in Idaho for the holidays. Obviously Corbin doesn't seem to communicate with his parents, but Kelsey's mom and dad and siblings did make huge efforts to visit them in Portland. I'm guessing C&K will be spending the holidays with their "new" family - The Lannings/Hollisters - because it's the BIG $$$$ season for YTers!

Every holiday season gets worse and worse on YT with the #ADs/brand deals/etc. I know it's the time of the year YTers make the most money, but it's SOOOOOOO commercial now.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Good grief, a five minute video detailing a "baby haul" that's actually just an undisclosed sponsored deal with Babies R Us? They skip out on a daily vlog at least once or twice a week. I imagine people search for "nursery reveal" on YouTube to get ideas, so I understand that they're using "nursery reveal" to get clicks, but that nursery reveal was basically everything they had in Portland rearranged in a new room in their boring rental.

Anytime Kelsey buys anything on her own, they joke about her "being in trouble." If Kelsey was really out of control with the shopping that would be one thing, but it seems that literally any time she buys things for herself or June they do this weird bit where Corbin pretends to be mad and Kelsey needs to make excuses, such as claiming it was an "accidental" shopping trip. They seem to think it's cute, but really it's just backwards and misogynistic. "What is going on here? What did you guys do?" Every time he opens his mouth he sounds weird and controlling, even when he's trying to be funny.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”