Steps to Wander

melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander

Unread post by melonyogloo »

Today's video shows how boring their vlogs have become. At least when they were traveling, I could see new places every other day. Right now, they are limited on doing stuff that is within walking distance since they have no car. They show us they are eating out but really never show what they are eating. I am tired of looking at their apartment everyday while they pretend to enjoy their lives. The baby cannot come soon enough.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

melonyogloo wrote:Today's video shows how boring their vlogs have become. At least when they were traveling, I could see new places every other day. Right now, they are limited on doing stuff that is within walking distance since they have no car. They show us they are eating out but really never show what they are eating. I am tired of looking at their apartment everyday while they pretend to enjoy their lives. The baby cannot come soon enough.
They are literally eating at restaurants downstairs or across the street from their apartment almost every meal (you can even see the outside of their big apartment complex through the window at dinner). I'm curious when and HOW they are going to do a real grocery store/Target shopping trip. Are they going to Uber everywhere? Amazon delivery?

As for the baby arriving...I'm sort of over YT babies. Yes, the birth videos are fun, but babies are boring and EVERYONE seems to be having a YT baby these days. I'm not going to waste my time watching boring sleeping baby montages - and that's even from vloggers I watched consistently before babies (like Cullen and Katie/the other Null family, etc.)

Plus, after the baby they will really be stuck at home all day, every day. I think they will be less interesting because they really won't be doing anything worth watching. They should have kept the car a little longer for a few more short trips. But I guess they really can't afford it.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Corbin complaining about public transportation today was HILARIOUS! It seems like they never actually used public transportation before getting rid of their car. I'm not sure they realize it's completely unreliable and it takes at least 30 minutes to 1 hour longer than having a car, especially going across the river in PDX. Are they really that stupid and naive???? Also, why didn't they just reserve a U-Haul online before going out?? Or even CALL first. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

As others have mentioned, I used to like them, but they are really making very poor decisions and seem pretty dumb.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sorry for another post, but I have a friend due about the same time as Kelsey...and I was thinking (when my friend showed me her new carseat) it's sad that baby Juniper is going home from the hospital in a dirty taxi or a stranger's Uber or maybe even on a bus??
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Corbin doesn't have bad luck. He's just not smart, and apparently isn't capable of going online the night before or calling to reserve a U-Haul over the phone. He'd much prefer to walk and take public transportation and pay for taxis to take him back and forth between all the various U-Haul locations.
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

Sorry, but I am not buying the story they told about the U-Haul van. I think they made up that stupid story begging for sympathy. Why go on the day when Corbin had to go to the office?
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

ewokfan11 wrote:Sorry for another post, but I have a friend due about the same time as Kelsey...and I was thinking (when my friend showed me her new carseat) it's sad that baby Juniper is going home from the hospital in a dirty taxi or a stranger's Uber or maybe even on a bus??
I don't think the baby cares. But I'm guessing family will be in town and will give them a ride home.
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

Today's video is exactly the behaviour that leads people to believe K&C aren't thinking ahead & aren't living in the real world.

Corbin complaining about the bus? Okay, now imagine trying to get to an appointment, with a crying baby, on a crowded bus. And it's cold and flu season.
I'm surprised with how preachy they are that they would allow the baby on a bus.
longtimelurker24
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Steps to Wander,

Unread post by longtimelurker24 »

It really doesn't surprise me all the negative comments they are getting about the fact that they will be sharing a bedroom with the baby. It actually annoys me that this can bother people so much. Maybe because I live in a different country and this is very common and no big deal and not even talked about. I don't get why people feel everyone has to conform to the "the norm". I live in a country where house owners and renters are not common and most people rent apartments, depending where you live it can be pricey and very small. Our apartment is probably the size of some living rooms in the US. But it's no big deal, and no one cares. I do think that their apartment is ridiculously pricey to rent. And should consider moving to a cheaper place. But in the other hand Some people would rather live in a nice area with lots to do around than somewhere else. People are so used to others always doing the same always living the same and when someone does something differently people get offended?? Its weird. I do thinks it's a bad idea them getting rid of their car, with a baby on the way it's a must. And I think people are going a bit OTT on the fact they will have to get a taxi or something to get back, seriously... its no big deal. And really nitpicking .
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I wouldn't say it's a nice area. It's an expensive area that's perhaps better suited for young professionals who can afford the high rent and appreciate the bars and restaurants in close proximity. But it's also in a dicey area with the closest grocery store overrun by a homeless problem and a drug problem. I don't consider it very walkable if you can't walk to a grocery store or pharmacy. I already stated this at the top of the page, but I don't have an issue with living in a small apartment to save money, but this was supposedly at the top of their budget, so much so that they had to scrap their plans to get a car. Living with a baby in a small, expensive apartment in that particular area with no vehicle makes little sense. They could have looked at other neighborhoods and they could have afforded a two bedroom if they were willing. They don't work in the city, if we want to believe them Corbin goes into the "office" for a few hours outtside of rush hour maybe once a week. It just doesn't make sense.
melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur

longtimelurker24 wrote:It really doesn't surprise me all the negative comments they are getting about the fact that they will be sharing a bedroom with the baby. It actually annoys me that this can bother people so much. Maybe because I live in a different country and this is very common and no big deal and not even talked about. I don't get why people feel everyone has to conform to the "the norm". I live in a country where house owners and renters are not common and most people rent apartments, depending where you live it can be pricey and very small. Our apartment is probably the size of some living rooms in the US. But it's no big deal, and no one cares. I do think that their apartment is ridiculously pricey to rent. And should consider moving to a cheaper place. But in the other hand Some people would rather live in a nice area with lots to do around than somewhere else. People are so used to others always doing the same always living the same and when someone does something differently people get offended?? Its weird. I do thinks it's a bad idea them getting rid of their car, with a baby on the way it's a must. And I think people are going a bit OTT on the fact they will have to get a taxi or something to get back, seriously... its no big deal. And really nitpicking .
I lived in Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Chicago for the last 40 years. I know what is a walkalbe city and how people live in 300 sq. feet apartment with three generations of six. Therefore, I don't care where they live and how big their living space is. I also don't care if Corbin really has a job or has a "office" waiting for him to use.

Yes, it is okay for them to not conform to "regular and sane" American classic culture. They are, however, try to live like young professionals with good income. They eat out all the time while unable to afford a car with a baby coming and whine about the bus/train. Kelsey tries to be holistic and earthy but their main diet are pizza and junk food. They try to dress like hipters (remember they way Corbin dressed at the movie premiere?). They are trying hard to be someone/something they are not.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Yes, they definitely want to live the stereotypical Portland hipster lifestyle...which actually is a complete joke to those of us who are native to the city - and most of those people GROW UP and don't live like that after 30 or having kids. They absolutely need a car. It rains so much in PDX and they are already complaining about public transit (and those chose to live on just a bus route). Yep, it's hip to be car-free, but it's not practical.

I wasn't trying to nit-pick about taking the baby home in a taxi. It's just that in the US it seems like "babies first ride home" is considered a big memory - and not one shared with a taxi/Uber driver.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

melonyogloo wrote:
longtimelurker24 wrote:It really doesn't surprise me all the negative comments they are getting about the fact that they will be sharing a bedroom with the baby. It actually annoys me that this can bother people so much. Maybe because I live in a different country and this is very common and no big deal and not even talked about. I don't get why people feel everyone has to conform to the "the norm". I live in a country where house owners and renters are not common and most people rent apartments, depending where you live it can be pricey and very small. Our apartment is probably the size of some living rooms in the US. But it's no big deal, and no one cares. I do think that their apartment is ridiculously pricey to rent. And should consider moving to a cheaper place. But in the other hand Some people would rather live in a nice area with lots to do around than somewhere else. People are so used to others always doing the same always living the same and when someone does something differently people get offended?? Its weird. I do thinks it's a bad idea them getting rid of their car, with a baby on the way it's a must. And I think people are going a bit OTT on the fact they will have to get a taxi or something to get back, seriously... its no big deal. And really nitpicking .
I lived in Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Chicago for the last 40 years. I know what is a walkalbe city and how people live in 300 sq. feet apartment with three generations of six. Therefore, I don't care where they live and how big their living space is. I also don't care if Corbin really has a job or has a "office" waiting for him to use.

Yes, it is okay for them to not conform to "regular and sane" American classic culture. They are, however, try to live like young professionals with good income. They eat out all the time while unable to afford a car with a baby coming and whine about the bus/train. Kelsey tries to be holistic and earthy but their main diet are pizza and junk food. They try to dress like hipters (remember they way Corbin dressed at the movie premiere?). They are trying hard to be someone/something they are not.
Plus it was speculated before that they were getting $1000k a month from Bryan and Missy when they were on their trip. Do we really think they stopped getting that now that they have a baby on the way and are as much in need as ever? Not very ethical IMO to take money from your friends to afford a lifestyle beyond your means. Corbin and Kelsey need to grow up fast before the baby comes!
longtimelurker24
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by longtimelurker24 »

I know they live in Portland but I have never looked into the area where they live, so I didn't know it's actually not that safe you would think considering the price it would be a nice area. It does bother me that they moan about taking public transport, because I do. Maybe it's different in the US but in France public transport is amazing and cars (depending where you live) is not always needed....but as me and my husband are trying for our 1st baby now, we are getting a car, why because it just makes sense. Forget being a hipster cars are needed with children and they will soon realise it.The thing is they want to live a certain lifestyle so to them having a small place or no car is part of their new lifestyle and I have no problem with people wanting to change up their lifestlye and if that means that are now being labeled as "hipster" then who really cares? When we are all the same it's boring. Maybe it doesn't bother me so much because there are lots of families couples whoever like them in my country, they seem in some ways very European with their lifestyle. ( *not saying all Europeans are like them). Also about the comments that they are deluded or that they won't be able to continue with the lifestlye they already have when the baby comes...i don't think so, in many countries the marriage comes first then the children, and a lot of the time it's what the parents want to do on their days of not the children, that way the children learn that the parents are not at disposition to entertain them and that it's not always about them. Maybe in the US things are a lot different and that's a good thing! like I said it would be boring if we are all the same.
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

I defended them about the size of the apartment, I think that's fine for an infant. However, I really think they need a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
melonyogloo wrote:

Plus it was speculated before that they were getting $1000k a month from Bryan and Missy when they were on their trip. Do we really think they stopped getting that now that they have a baby on the way and are as much in need as ever? Not very ethical IMO to take money from your friends to afford a lifestyle beyond your means. Corbin and Kelsey need to grow up fast before the baby comes!
I thought it was odd that Kelsey and Corbin seemed like they were primarily Missy's friends when they visited the Lannings recently. They were running errands with her and she was showering them with gifts and expensive experiences and introducing them to other high earning YouTubers. Bryan, on the other hand, seemed to tolerate them but there was a tension there. I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting tired of supporting another man's family. It's like he's buying friends for Missy. I wonder if they even realized their monthly contribution was easily deduced on the Patreon page? I know $1,000 a month is nothing when you're earning tens of thousands of dollars every month (or more). But it's definitely a weird situation, and I think it's very likely the Lannings are still subsidizing them right now. How strange and unhealthy.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

HashtagBlessed wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
melonyogloo wrote: I lived in Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Chicago for the last 40 years. I know what is a walkalbe city and how people live in 300 sq. feet apartment with three generations of six. Therefore, I don't care where they live and how big their living space is. I also don't care if Corbin really has a job or has a "office" waiting for him to use.

I thought it was odd that Kelsey and Corbin seemed like they were primarily Missy's friends when they visited the Lannings recently. They were running errands with her and she was showering them with gifts and expensive experiences and introducing them to other high earning YouTubers. Bryan, on the other hand, seemed to tolerate them but there was a tension there. I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting tired of supporting another man's family. It's like he's buying friends for Missy. I wonder if they even realized their monthly contribution was easily deduced on the Patreon page? I know $1,000 a month is nothing when you're earning tens of thousands of dollars every month (or more). But it's definitely a weird situation, and I think it's very likely the Lannings are still subsidizing them right now. How strange and unhealthy.
It wouldn't shock me at all if Bryan was trying to get annoying at having to subsidize Missy's friends. At this point he's subsidizing half her family!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

longtimelurker24 wrote:
about the comments that they are deluded or that they won't be able to continue with the lifestlye they already have when the baby comes...i don't think so, in many countries the marriage comes first then the children, and a lot of the time it's what the parents want to do on their days of not the children, that way the children learn that the parents are not at disposition to entertain them and that it's not always about them. Maybe in the US things are a lot different and that's a good thing! like I said it would be boring if we are all the same.
Try explaining to a baby that they need to be flexible and compliant because it's not a parent's job to entertain them. It absolutely will change their lifestyle. They will have less money, more demands and less time. There will be a more pressing need for a schedule, and right now C&K are used to uprooting their lives on a whim. It WILL change things.

I don't entertain my children all the time. I love and respect my husband. But ultimately, most decisions do always come down to what is best for the children.
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

Try explaining to a baby that they need to be flexible and compliant because it's not a parent's job to entertain them. It absolutely will change their lifestyle. They will have less money, more demands and less time. There will be a more pressing need for a schedule, and right now C&K are used to uprooting their lives on a whim. It WILL change things.

I don't entertain my children all the time. I love and respect my husband. But ultimately, most decisions do always come down to what is best for the children.[/quote]

Also try explaining to the other "hipsters" without children at these trendy restaurants that they need to be flexible and compliant about you bringing your crying baby with you and ruining the "vibe" of the place. No one wants to spend their hard earned money on food spots where there's a stroller and crying baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It's interesting to read the comments here defending their small apartment. I personally don't think they made a conscious decision to live somewhere that small - they are living there because they can't afford anything bigger in the area they DEMAND they live in. I still think that's sort of selfish. If they had B&M YT money there's no way in hell they'd live in that apartment or that neighborhood and or use public transportation!!

They want a trendy PDX lifestyle, but they can't afford much. They need to stop wanting that trendy lifestyle and be realistic. I really don't remember seeing many babies in places I used to go to in the Pearl area (the one exception is Jamison Square fountain on summer days - and then adults without kids AVOID it because it's full of loud, annoying kids).

Yes, people have kids and live in small places, but I just don't think C&K are really prepared for ALL the sacrifices they are going to have to make when the baby arrives and how completely inconvenient their living situation is going to be then. I'm guessing the whining will be off the charts because they are going to be stressed!

Also, maybe they wouldn't be stressed out and whine so much if they LEFT THE HOUSE BEFORE NOON and got things done!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”