Steps to Wander

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

ewokfan11 wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:I'm confused by her anxiety around doing chores and cleaning prior to going into labor. I get the impression they don't clean on a regular basis. If they did one thorough clean once a week or had any sort of schedule it wouldn't be such a puzzle for her.

She doesn't work, and her to-do list for the day consists of washing the sheets? I will never understand how they fill their days. I noticed that when she showed her list it was titled "help list" so I suspect that's not actually her to-do list but rather a list she's making for Corbin or visiting family to do.
This confused me too...and she's mentioned it a few times now. Their apartment is tiny! Maybe they only own one set of sheets? My guess is they don't clean on a regular basis. They even seem to eat out most meals. Hmmmm, could the issue be Paris peeing and pooing on the floor? I honestly don't think they take him outside very often (because it's too cold for these delicates :-o ), so the floors could be nasty.
When I lived in 600 square feet, it took me 45 minutes once a week to dust, vacuum, mop, wipe down the kitchen, clean the bathroom, and wash the linens. Now that we live in a larger condo it takes a good 90 minutes, but I still do it once a week and we aren't stay-at-home people. Ground breaking solution: pick up a second set of sheets at Marshalls or Ross or whatever for $50 and keep this clean set put away until you get home from the hospital? She also had to have people tell her to purchase second-hand maternity clothes if she doesn't want to spend a lot of money in her last trimester. Eye rolls for days.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:She also had to have people tell her to purchase second-hand maternity clothes if she doesn't want to spend a lot of money in her last trimester. Eye rolls for days.
I also found that really weird. Haven't they ever shopped at a Goodwill?? Even ThredUp has a great maternity section and you CAN wear many things after giving birth!! Sometimes they seem just really, really stupid.
westwuff
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by westwuff »

I'm still flabbergasted why this pair set on a "natural" birth (I think they mean vaginal birth with minimal medical intervention) are so set that their baby will come weeks early. It makes no sense why they would either want or expect this if they've done their research (and all we keep hearing is how they know everything already when they go appointments..)

I think the cleaning anxiety is just typical baby prep anxiety. I think it's a good idea to limit her anxiety/frustration by only setting one task a day, though it's a small place that really shouldn't be overwhelming to clean or tidy..
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

westwuff wrote:I'm still flabbergasted why this pair set on a "natural" birth (I think they mean vaginal birth with minimal medical intervention) are so set that their baby will come weeks early. It makes no sense why they would either want or expect this if they've done their research (and all we keep hearing is how they know everything already when they go appointments..)

I think the cleaning anxiety is just typical baby prep anxiety. I think it's a good idea to limit her anxiety/frustration by only setting one task a day, though it's a small place that really shouldn't be overwhelming to clean or tidy..
Yeah, the cleaning anxiety is just normal nesting mode. I'm due one week after her, so I get where she's coming from. However, she just acts so immature about it. They live in such a small place and there's only the two of them. Just stay on top of the cleaning and they should be fine. Corbin can mop and wash sheets while she's in early labor if they really feel like the place needs it before they go to the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

I came here to comment on Kelsey's overwhelming to-do list, lol. I work 40 hours a week and I can do more around the house than just wash the sheets in one day. For goodness sakes these two are so entitled.

I get that being anxious about having a clean house is normal when you're about to give birth, and she's probably pretty tired lately, but for goodness sakes putting sheets in the laundry doesn't require so much effort that it's literally the only thing you can do in a day.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I think they moved in with a surprising amount of stuff they had been keeping in storage and no closet space. A piano in a 600 sq ft apartment?

When I lived in a studio, we had to purge and donate on a regular basis and be mindful of everything having a place. I'm not sure how we would have fit baby stuff, but we were never at maximum capacity and we lived in that studio apartment for six years.

I think it looks cluttered and unorganized because they're hardly minimal and they're trying to fit too much shit in a small one bedroom. Cleaning can be a nightmare when you let piles of stuff accumulate everywhere, so I imagine they just don't clean on a regular basis.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I really do think she's going to have a meltdown after the baby arrives. She's used to not doing anything - literally at all! She doesn't work, cook, put furniture together, walk the dog, leave the house, grocery shop, drive anywhere - does she even contribute to editing the vlogs?? All we see her do is sit on the couch or go eat at a nearby restaurant or complain about her healthcare issues.

It's going to be a rude awakening when she has a newborn and actually has to function as an adult!!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:I really do think she's going to have a meltdown after the baby arrives. She's used to not doing anything - literally at all! She doesn't work, cook, put furniture together, walk the dog, leave the house, grocery shop, drive anywhere - does she even contribute to editing the vlogs?? All we see her do is sit on the couch or go eat at a nearby restaurant or complain about her healthcare issues.

It's going to be a rude awakening when she has a newborn and actually has to function as an adult!!
I know Corbin comes across as lazy and entitled, but compared to his wife he looks positively busy. At least he edits the vlogs, works somewhere part-time, does the grocery shopping, cooks dinner occasionally when they're not eating out, gets on the phone to customer service to be a dick to the rep when he forgets to pay his bill, assembles all of their Amazon purchases, and is likely completing that "help list" for Kelsey. It's not a good sign that Corbin is the relatively active, productive one in that marriage.

All we see Kelsey do is shop, go out to eat, and do some asinine activity. These are the leisurely things people do in their free time on the weekends if they're lucky. She is going to be in for a shock when she has to be taking care of a human 24/7. I wouldn't be surprised if she pushes a lot of the responsibilities onto Corbin's plate and he's noticeably frazzled in a few month's time. If Kelsey couldn't be bothered to work post-college and was content to do nothing all day as a childless grown woman, I doubt she'll be the super engaged, attentive parent she pictures herself as.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Jeez, I just watched today's vlog and it just reinforces what I wrote above. Kelsey does NOTHING! Corbin went and got dog food (I'm shocked they didn't order from Amazon!). She cries about test results she doesn't even have and then she's ok, so they only leave the house to eat ice cream and get all the crap their fans send them in the mail. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pregnant or not, it's truly embarrassing that she can only do one or two chores a day - she vacuumed two area rugs and dusted baseboards?? When did Kelsey become just as wimpy and useless as Missy Lanning?
PhoenixFeathers
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PhoenixFeathers »

Did anyone watch them before she was pregnant, before the van trip? I agree that Kelsey is super lazy right now, I'm wondering if she's always been this way or if it's the end of pregnancy exhaustion that is the reason she isn't doing much. I was so tired those last few weeks. Granted I was still working a 40 hour job, but I was so incredibly tired nothing but the bare minimum was getting done.

They are both in for a rude awakening when this baby gets here.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

ewokfan11 wrote:I really do think she's going to have a meltdown after the baby arrives. She's used to not doing anything - literally at all! She doesn't work, cook, put furniture together, walk the dog, leave the house, grocery shop, drive anywhere - does she even contribute to editing the vlogs?? All we see her do is sit on the couch or go eat at a nearby restaurant or complain about her healthcare issues.

Except she doesn't have any healthcare issues. She has had a very easy pregnancy with no real scares other than things that they used for clickbait. She would never survive the high risk pregnancies I've endured including a stillbirth at 23 weeks due to a fatal heart defect of my baby.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Nothankyou wrote:

Except she doesn't have any healthcare issues. She has had a very easy pregnancy with no real scares other than things that they used for clickbait. She would never survive the high risk pregnancies I've endured including a stillbirth at 23 weeks due to a fatal heart defect of my baby.

Sorry, I meant she's complained A LOT about her healthcare providers and seems to think they are all out to get her - and she hates hospitals. They even treated the health insurance people like crap. Also, her hospital "rules" seemed a bit bitchy. The people in the delivery room are the professionals and she's the newbie. You'd think she'd trust them a bit more.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Is it presumptuous to have a chores list taped to the fridge for visiting family and friends who are in town to meet the new baby? Obviously it's thoughtful to empty the dishwasher or fold a load of laundry for the new parents if you see something that needs to be done. But having a "help list" prominently displayed seems awfully entitled. The only people I'd be comfortable asking to sweep my floor or clean my baseboards are *maybe* the grandparents because presumably they'll be in town longer, but I'm not even sure if I would consider that good manners. You just don't ask guests to do that kind of stuff unless they offer. Having the list taped to the fridge is not waiting for someone to offer.

I think Kelsey has always been this lazy. What did she do after college? Has she ever had a full-time job?
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote: I think Kelsey has always been this lazy. What did she do after college? Has she ever had a full-time job?
Yeah, I guess that's the case. She'll be 27 this year and I don't think she's ever had a full-time job (and the jobs she's had were retail and nannying). They must be making decent $$$ from YT now because their view numbers are really up. When I started watching the van trip they'd only get about 8000 views a day, now it seems more like 30,000-40,000. They really owe DBs for everything...they are so boring they could never have built an audience without help.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I have only watched a few of their videos and watched today's. omg their voices are so annoying and whiny. Corbin's "my love" gets on my damn nerves. Kelsey's reaction when she possibly had group b strep was ridiculous. I had it with my first pregnancy and it isn't a big deal. All that crying and she didn't even have it! There could be so much worse happening with her pregnancy.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

In my experience the most engaged, attentive parents are also the type of people who are hard-working and passionate in other areas of their lives. And then there are the women like Kelsey and Missy, who never really apply themselves and never follow through, but somehow think parenthood is going to come easy and finally give them a purpose and something worthwhile to do. I really believe Kelsey thinks it's going to be all sunshine and rainbows. If either one of them truly appreciated the gravity of what it means to be parents, they wouldn't choose to start that journey when they were living on the road without steady income or a place to live. She's in for a rude awakening when she realizes it's way harder and more challenging than any full time job she could have imagined. If she's so rigid that she starts to cry at the prospect of having to have an IV in during labor, she's going to be majorly disappointed to learn you don't get to choose your birth experience and some things are out of your control.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:In my experience the most engaged, attentive parents are also the type of people who are hard-working and passionate in other areas of their lives. And then there are the women like Kelsey and Missy, who never really apply themselves and never follow through, but somehow think parenthood is going to come easy and finally give them a purpose and something worthwhile to do. I really believe Kelsey thinks it's going to be all sunshine and rainbows. If either one of them truly appreciated the gravity of what it means to be parents, they wouldn't choose to start that journey when they were living on the road without steady income or a place to live. She's in for a rude awakening when she realizes it's way harder and more challenging than any full time job she could have imagined. If she's so rigid that she starts to cry at the prospect of having to have an IV in during labor, she's going to be majorly disappointed to learn you don't get to choose your birth experience and some things are out of your control.
100 thumbs up! These two are going to be a mess as new parents. I feel like they are still playing house and so dependent on outside resources just to get through the day. They don't even grocery shop on a regular basis. What happens when June is out of diapers at 2 a.m.??
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

ewokfan11 wrote:
Nothankyou wrote:

Sorry, I meant she's complained A LOT about her healthcare providers and seems to think they are all out to get her - and she hates hospitals. They even treated the health insurance people like crap. Also, her hospital "rules" seemed a bit bitchy. The people in the delivery room are the professionals and she's the newbie. You'd think she'd trust them a bit more.
No need to apologize. I get what you were saying, her perceived "issues." She definitely needs to learn to trust the medical providers and balance that with her wants and needs. She also need to recognize that so much of it is out of her control.

I was so annoyed watching her freak out over test results she hadn't even received. Seriously like an IV and antibiotics would be the end of the world. It'd be worse to have Group B strep and not get treated and have your baby end up with an infection or meningitis because of it. Although Kelsey strikes me as the type who'd deny the antibiotics because of her personal preferences.

somewhatsilent
Informer
Informer

Unread post by somewhatsilent »

Nothankyou wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:
Nothankyou wrote: Except she doesn't have any healthcare issues. She has had a very easy pregnancy with no real scares other than things that they used for clickbait. She would never survive the high risk pregnancies I've endured including a stillbirth at 23 weeks due to a fatal heart defect of my baby.

No need to apologize. I get what you were saying, her perceived "issues." She definitely needs to learn to trust the medical providers and balance that with her wants and needs. She also need to recognize that so much of it is out of her control.

I was so annoyed watching her freak out over test results she hadn't even received. Seriously like an IV and antibiotics would be the end of the world. It'd be worse to have Group B strep and not get treated and have your baby end up with an infection or meningitis because of it. Although Kelsey strikes me as the type who'd deny the antibiotics because of her personal preferences.

This! Also I cannot stand when FTM get their hopes up for the perfect birth. Having high expectations pretty much garuntees that you will be dissapointed. You can only plan labor and delivery to a point...80 percent of it is beyond your control. I think she will rethink the natural birth plan after 2 contractions ... her in transition as someone said earlier will be a shit show. It feels like your being run over by a freight train over and over..some can do it but she doesnt seem like the strong willed type.

Also...corbin calling her "my love " and baby talking her gets on my nerves so bad. Cringe city. And she just reminds me of a bootleg Missy. I barely watch and each time I do I try to like them but they are just not my cup of tea. They are extremely immature for their ages.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

when are these two entitled fucks due to have their baby? people are speculating missy's waiting for their kid to be born before she announces her pregnancy... so i'm gonna need to know dates to start a mental countdown or something. this is the most fun i've had on this board in years, lmao.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”