• Advertisement
    

8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby lmmomSD » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:38 am

natalka81 wrote:UGH. Apart from the fact that I absolutely hate all this boyfriend/girlfriend talk all the youtubers love to put out about their CHILDREN, the poor girl who "dumped" Chad on his birthday is bound to get some flak for this vlog. I mean, it's not even what happened! They decided to be friends or whatever and Ruby said she still really likes the kid. And then the thumbnail is "Dumped on his birthday". It's ridiculous.
Also, I know it's all in jest probably, but does it seem like Chad is encouraged to have a girlfriend, when Shari most definitely is not encouraged to have a boyfriend? All of it is revolting.
They encouraged Shari to have a boyfriend. There were a bunch of vlogs when they were in Florida about Shari and her "boyfriend". And she isn't allowed to "date" until she's 16, but they use "boyfriend" BS as vlog fodder. It's really sick.
She had a "boyfriend" for a while at least, and Ruby said she liked him because he didn't mind being filmed. I hope his parents were ok with it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 13870
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca

Advertisement

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby calliepaige84 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:10 am

Russell’s laugh is manic in the video... i am not making fun of him at all... but just things we’ve been talking about for awhile.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
calliepaige84
Gossiper
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:24 pm

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby freebeegal » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:56 am

Russell’s laugh in that vlog.... I appreciate kids his age tend to ‘show off’ around elder siblings friends and he got a reaction so probably felt more inclined to continue laughing. Coupled with the fact he was probably allowed sugary soda, treats etc at the birthday party. But wow. That kid is odd


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freebeegal
Amateur
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:06 am

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby kingoflove21vher » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:55 pm

thenightowl wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
thenightowl wrote:^ not going to lie, I like pasta noodles with butter and Parmesan cheese lol
But that's _something_. It's not cold, bald noodles.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Oh she was eating just plain noodles with nothing? ew! Might as well be chewing on ice or something lol.


When I was a kid I'd always eat lasagna noodles plain out of the strainer if there was any extra after my mom put together the lasagna. I thought they were delicious lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 am

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby sasperillo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:41 pm

Aurielle wrote:all this talk about pasta but like she took away her kids shoes as a punishment? I get they're light up shoes and she probably really likes them but thats besides the point. they're shoes!!!!! Last i checked its winter in utah too. SHOES!


I might be wrong but I think it was a new pair of shoes that she bought specifically as a reward for wearing the seatbelt. She’s done similar rewards with Eve in the past for staying dry at night. I think she is moving towards positive reinforcement instead of positive punishment with her. Too bad that the span of the behavior and reward is too long to be effective with Eve. She should have done a token system or something like that (you get a token for every car ride where you keep your searbelt on without a reminder and then when you have 10-15-20 tokens you can exchange them for the “big prize” of the shoes. But it is funny that she chose shoes since Eve is always barefoot (Ruby can’t be bothered to check to see whether her 4 year old is appropriately dressed when they leave the house).
sasperillo
Informer
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:50 am

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby PoppyFlower1 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:38 pm

i felt that the part of chads birthday when he was reading out russels card really proves how they think intelligence is everything! i though it was seriously cruel, try to take the piss out of a child because hes learning to spell, instead of just saying thank you like a normal person. and the parents laugh along with them. both there older kids are little s***s mind my un mormon worthy mouth. they just think "oh if your not smart and know facts then I will laugh and bring you down. funny coming from a family who believe in a man in the sky. lucky russell laughed along, but im sure many kids would be offended and humiliated for that
PoppyFlower1
Amateur
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:33 pm

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby kingoflove21vher » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:07 pm

PoppyFlower1 wrote:i felt that the part of chads birthday when he was reading out russels card really proves how they think intelligence is everything! i though it was seriously cruel, try to take the piss out of a child because hes learning to spell, instead of just saying thank you like a normal person. and the parents laugh along with them. both there older kids are little s***s mind my un mormon worthy mouth. they just think "oh if your not smart and know facts then I will laugh and bring you down. funny coming from a family who believe in a man in the sky. lucky russell laughed along, but im sure many kids would be offended and humiliated for that


Especially since Russell has always seemed very emotional and sensitive. Such great older siblings!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 am

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby avabrooke1226 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:59 pm

The way Ruby says “sandwich” is seriously the worst
avabrooke1226
Talker
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:03 pm

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby Lauralou_15 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:59 am

PoppyFlower1 wrote:i felt that the part of chads birthday when he was reading out russels card really proves how they think intelligence is everything! i though it was seriously cruel, try to take the piss out of a child because hes learning to spell, instead of just saying thank you like a normal person. and the parents laugh along with them. both there older kids are little s***s mind my un mormon worthy mouth. they just think "oh if your not smart and know facts then I will laugh and bring you down. funny coming from a family who believe in a man in the sky. lucky russell laughed along, but im sure many kids would be offended and humiliated for that


Aw no for once I took it as older brother teasing younger brother, a lot to show off to his friends but also just sibling teasing, I thought it showed their relationship quite nicely! Ruby picked it up and read it out as a normal card so none of it felt to me like they were making out like he was stupid!
Lauralou_15
Amateur
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:46 am

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby Tiger27 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:21 am

There's more evidence of manic Russell in Shari's nighttime routine video. It will be so interesting to see what he's like as he grows. Ruby seems to find his behavior so endearing...she's either oblivious or covering up for knowing something is just a little off with him.
Tiger27
Informer
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:00 am

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby PoppyFlower1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:30 am

Tiger27 wrote:There's more evidence of manic Russell in Shari's nighttime routine video. It will be so interesting to see what he's like as he grows. Ruby seems to find his behavior so endearing...she's either oblivious or covering up for knowing something is just a little off with him.


his problem is he's over cuddled. he has no independence. not in the way the others did. it seems that because their income has grew since the younger two, shes been able to put more time into her kids, where and the older ones were young during their time of struggles so she raised them to fend for themselves. Russell is very co-dependant on his mom, when a knee is scrapped its "omg you poor thing, mommy will give you whatever you want" instead of "oh dear, lets clean that up, just be more careful next time. and because of that russell knows there is no limits to tantrums and throwing a fit when it doesnt go the way he wants it too. i think ruby needs to give him more tough love instead of giving in to every complaint. russell seems a little of a perfectionist, so when things are not in order he gets very hypersensitive over it. he does show traits of slow learning, seems like it runs on rubys side of the family. i too had learning development issues and was extremely clingy to my mom, i would literally run out of school and cry if she left me and could never be independant and because of that i still feel afraid to do things a lone. she really needs to work on that with him.
PoppyFlower1
Amateur
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:33 pm

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby freshbalsam » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:22 pm

Russell’s behavior is seriously annoying. They need to teach him how to regulate his emotions, I can only imagine what his classmates think of him.

I’m glad Ruby told Eve she can’t get a toy and needs to wait.

Why do they get their kids SD cards and camera things for their birthdays? They don’t even have a kids channel, and Shari is by no means a huge YTer with her channel. It has never even seemed like Chad has shown an interest in vlogging to be receiving stuff like that


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freshbalsam
Informer
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:29 am

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby sasperillo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:23 pm

freshbalsam wrote:
Why do they get their kids SD cards and camera things for their birthdays? They don’t even have a kids channel, and Shari is by no means a huge YTer with her channel. It has never even seemed like Chad has shown an interest in vlogging to be receiving stuff like that


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild guess: now that Chad is 13 he’s old enough to own his own social media accounts. He’s probably going to start his own prank or videogame channel as if the world needed more of those.
sasperillo
Informer
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:50 am

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby nsf5555 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:45 pm

https://instagram.com/p/BfJfTXgHeJk/

Barf. Obviously parents are proud of their kids and what not, but Ruby is on a whole other level when it comes to Chad. Birthday month?? And how the hell does she connect Chad wearing a pink shirt in Kindergarten to him being a leader? So bizarre.

Don’t the kids go to a private school? I wonder if Ruby is grooming Chad for something really big later on in life. Has he shown an interest in politics? I’m only saying this because a good amount of presidents come from really good education backgrounds.

But honestly I don’t see Chad as a “leader”. I see him as a typical Mormon teen boy. That’s it. He doesn’t scream leader to me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nsf5555
Amateur
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:21 pm

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby skrt09 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:06 pm

sasperillo wrote:
freshbalsam wrote:
Why do they get their kids SD cards and camera things for their birthdays? They don’t even have a kids channel, and Shari is by no means a huge YTer with her channel. It has never even seemed like Chad has shown an interest in vlogging to be receiving stuff like that


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild guess: now that Chad is 13 he’s old enough to own his own social media accounts. He’s probably going to start his own prank or videogame channel as if the world needed more of those.


Surprise, he already has one! His latest video is about Ruby taking away his Xbox for a month. I bet he's secretly annoyed with Russell and Eve always bothering him and his friends.
skrt09
Amateur
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby sasperillo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:50 pm

^^ huh. So My wild guess was pretty accurate. Another kid playing video games (and LEGO) on YouTube. Hope they grow up and find a way to put this all behind them. Between him and Shari they are broadcasting their snottiest years. Most of grow up and forget how horrible we were as tweens/teens but these kids will never be able to do that.
sasperillo
Informer
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:50 am

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby username320 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:31 pm

nsf5555 wrote:https://instagram.com/p/BfJfTXgHeJk/

Barf. Obviously parents are proud of their kids and what not, but Ruby is on a whole other level when it comes to Chad. Birthday month?? And how the hell does she connect Chad wearing a pink shirt in Kindergarten to him being a leader? So bizarre.

Don’t the kids go to a private school? I wonder if Ruby is grooming Chad for something really big later on in life. Has he shown an interest in politics? I’m only saying this because a good amount of presidents come from really good education backgrounds.

But honestly I don’t see Chad as a “leader”. I see him as a typical Mormon teen boy. That’s it. He doesn’t scream leader to me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I remember reading a comment long ago and it was comparing Chad to Mitt Romney, and Ruby commented back how she was blushing and that would be a life goal of hers or something, I don't think he'll be very tall though, which almost seems like a requirement today.
username320
Amateur
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:42 pm

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby amyfalafal » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:06 am

Since when does Shari have a youtube channel? Is it of content she can't film on her mum's channel? What do you guys think of that? I just stumbled upon her "50 things about me". Now Spin off's with the kids channels? She is probably spending more time editing than homework.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:42 pm

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby meatloaf » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:22 am

Ruby, you are a creepy mom! Kevin, get your wife under control. I’d be nervous being a professor at BYU and having her for a wife. Weird family!

Chad, you are all of 13 and your parents have let you have a girlfriend? Good Mormon family. Shari and Chad need a reality check. You are’t that cool.
meatloaf
Amateur
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:53 am

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby Bobbityfo1 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:01 am

She's said she wants her kids to be leaders but just wanting them to be something doesn't manifest it. Remember how Russell wanted to be a doctor so she was trying to keep up his interest in it when he hadn't even started school yet lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Bobbityfo1
Amateur
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:59 am

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby sugarpea » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:56 am

I always get the sense that Emily is very uncomfortable hanging out with the Griffiths'. Poor thing. I feel like she especially hates Ellie and Ruby. At least Bonnie and Julie are nice.
sugarpea
Amateur
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:04 pm

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:12 am

nsf5555 wrote:https://instagram.com/p/BfJfTXgHeJk/

Barf. Obviously parents are proud of their kids and what not, but Ruby is on a whole other level when it comes to Chad. Birthday month?? And how the hell does she connect Chad wearing a pink shirt in Kindergarten to him being a leader? So bizarre.

Don’t the kids go to a private school? I wonder if Ruby is grooming Chad for something really big later on in life. Has he shown an interest in politics? I’m only saying this because a good amount of presidents come from really good education backgrounds.

But honestly I don’t see Chad as a “leader”. I see him as a typical Mormon teen boy. That’s it. He doesn’t scream leader to me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OMG, he wore a pink shirt? What a rebel!
Boy, she is hooked on those gender roles, isn't she?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 13870
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby Kaylor1 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:27 am

sugarpea wrote:I always get the sense that Emily is very uncomfortable hanging out with the Griffiths'. Poor thing. I feel like she especially hates Ellie and Ruby. At least Bonnie and Julie are nice.
Ruby AND Ellie has a creepy admiration for Beau and it probably makes Emily uncomfortable. Plus they never actively include her in things and when they say she's their sister it feels forced not loving.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Kaylor1
Informer
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:41 pm

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby thenightowl » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:06 am

I can't stand the way Kevin speaks, am I the only one? I feel like he either has a very heavy accent or something going on with his speech but it drives me up the wall and why did he feel the need to record himself walking around his work? that was boring as hell.
User avatar
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:55 am

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Postby Aurielle » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:10 am

amyfalafal wrote:Since when does Shari have a youtube channel? Is it of content she can't film on her mum's channel? What do you guys think of that? I just stumbled upon her "50 things about me". Now Spin off's with the kids channels? She is probably spending more time editing than homework.



Didnt she have to buy her own table? lol poor child probably just wants money for herself since her parents never seem to give her any
Aurielle
Amateur
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:49 am

PreviousNext

Return to 8 Passengers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

  • Advertisement