8 Passengers, 11 If We Can Find Our Pets | Part 5

Pixel
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers, 11 if we can find our pets. Part #5

Unread post by Pixel »

Ruby did that thing again where she acts like she's the greatest mom on the planet for not getting angry at Russell(for dropping his french toast).

+1 for the notion that buying a nice rug to put under the table was a poor decision. It's cute, but you can't complain when things get dropped on it - that's one of those purchases you save until your kids are a bit older or you expect it to happen and don't complain about accidents that are again, bound to happen.
Lauralou_15
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Lauralou_15 »

We know the safety thing is just an excuse/lie because she posts everything on instagram at the time is happening so it's not hard to know when Kevin isnt there!
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

She mentioned how she was stressed when the kids don't perform on the camera and she has no vlog material. So maybe she does this now to relax knowing she has enough footage.
snkjdgs
Talker
Talker

Unread post by snkjdgs »

A few observations/comments/ questions:

* I wonder why she did not vlog Chad in the first day of school video?

* Ruby looks and acts so awkward when she is trying to be the cool mom, i.e. her dance moves

* Her renovated kitchen looks exactly like her old kitchen.

* The younger kids, except Eve, get so nervous and scared when something goes wrong. I think the old Ruby with no money, was a strict disciplinarian which all the kids have experienced and feared. Since the money started rolling in, when accidents happen the younger kids (Abbey, Julie and Russel), do not know which Ruby they are going to get.....the cool mom or the disciplinarian. This was obvious today when Russel dropped his plate there was a look of sheer fear and uncertainty on his face.

* It makes no sense to me to put a rug underneath a kitchen table.

* In a recent video she included Nali, but said she is not allowed in the house because of the new flooring; and then said she did not know what they will be able to do with her come the winter time. I am sad to say this but I do not think Nali will see 2018. I bet she makes up some excuse and there will be a sad money making video of Nali having to be put down.....just because of the new house renovations.

* Referring to their Eclipse video. The dad (Kevin) was totally underwhelmed by the eclipse. He acted as if the total eclipse took place where he lived and thought what he experienced was no big deal, not understanding that what he experienced was a partial eclipse.. As a professor with a science background I was shocked by his reaction and comments.

* She does a pretty decent job of being both mom and dad. Her husband is rarely home, that must be hard on the boys. I think it is going to affect Russell the most in the long run. He so badly wants to spend time with his father but gets no one on one time with him.

* I think Evie has matured quite a bit the past three months. It was adorable in the back to school video when she pulled out her tea set and was so excited when Ruby said she would play with her. It will be good for her to have more one on one time with her mother. I am guessing Ruby will be potty training her behind the scenes.

* She is a pretty smart cookie when it comes to creating her videos to the appeal to her primarily young audience. She has a much broader market reach than her sisters because her kids ages are all spread out from age 3 to 16 add to that the adult audience. She is making bank!

* Personally I liked the older family videos with some old fashion family values.
jess595
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jess595 »

Pixel wrote:Ruby did that thing again where she acts like she's the greatest mom on the planet for not getting angry at Russell(for dropping his french toast).

+1 for the notion that buying a nice rug to put under the table was a poor decision. It's cute, but you can't complain when things get dropped on it - that's one of those purchases you save until your kids are a bit older or you expect it to happen and don't complain about accidents that are again, bound to happen.
I was thinking about that as well, you could see he was scared and really upset about it. He dropped some whipped cream, it's not like anything that would stain!
Also, what sort of person is irresponsible enough to leave the house without a key, especially as a grown woman with kids? How would she get into the house if there was an emergency? She astounds me sometimes
red3head
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by red3head »

I though chad wanted to go to that school but in today's video ruby was talking about how mad chad was that he had to go to the private school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jess595
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jess595 »

Sorry for the live commentary as I watch the vlog but is this woman for real?!?!?!

* Eve and Russel make a mess, Eve refuses to clean up and instead of disciplining her she "takes a time out"?!?! Sorry, but leaving a gap of 15 minutes for a kid of Eve's age isn't going to help her be disciplined - she's going to think that she's being punished for being caught, or for doing something else - it's not going to reinforce that she shouldn't be messing about when she's been asked to do something - would she 'find the humour' if it was anyone else apart from Eve?!

*I didn't realise she was posting this late, why post the entire analytics of the channel?! get the live count up and vlog that, but the daily growth numbers? kinda seems like she's rubbing it in (then again, I don't blame her for that in a way, I would rub it in to my family members as well if they acted like some of her family have haha)

*If Shari is feeling that ill, why not take her to the doctor?!

*Maybe Chad doesn't like his new school but f my brother was acting rude when I was ill, my family would have said something to him, especially if he took the mick out of me.

*Personally, I would feel rude "requesting" my other half to take me out to dinner, just ask nicely

*This is just a personal fashion choice, but Ruby's outfit would look so much nicer and prettier if she wasn't wearing that sweater vest (when she's dancing about making food), and more modern, but it would still be modest and a Ruby-esque outfit, and I think it would suit her better
jess595
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jess595 »

red3head wrote:I though chad wanted to go to that school but in today's video ruby was talking about how mad chad was that he had to go to the private school.

I know Ruby is right when she says parents have a final say in where their kid goes to school, but why pay that much money for a kid to go to a school that they hate, and so will put in less effort?! Would it be so bad if he went to a school that wasn't a religious one and did seminary etc. outside of school?
callie73
Talker
Talker

Unread post by callie73 »

Going to an LDS school that he hates just might make him rethink the LDS religion and have his shelf break and he loses his belief in the cult. It might be a good thing in the long run.
sasperillo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sasperillo »

jess595 wrote:
red3head wrote:I though chad wanted to go to that school but in today's video ruby was talking about how mad chad was that he had to go to the private school.

I know Ruby is right when she says parents have a final say in where their kid goes to school, but why pay that much money for a kid to go to a school that they hate, and so will put in less effort?! Would it be so bad if he went to a school that wasn't a religious one and did seminary etc. outside of school?
My guess is that since Chad's problems are almost entirely behavioral the new school might be stricter than the public school and "put him in line". It's either that or to remove him from "bad influences" at the public school but then again she homeschooled him for a year and that didn't help so I'm leaning on a more authoritarian learning environment.
jess595
Talker
Talker

Unread post by jess595 »

callie73 wrote:Going to an LDS school that he hates just might make him rethink the LDS religion and have his shelf break and he loses his belief in the cult. It might be a good thing in the long run.
I think as soon as Ruby noticed something like this happening, she'd pull him out and homeschool him, and find him another school. She'd notice before it actually happened
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Suggest some titles for a new thread.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

I thought he picked that school, as well. I remember him applying and waiting for the acceptance and being pretty cheerful about it. I also remember a while ago when Ruby brought him for an acceptance orientation type thing with another vlogger's kid (not sure what their name is) and Chad seemed excited. I wonder if they changed the school on him last minute?
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

freshbalsam wrote:

I thought he picked that school, as well. I remember him applying and waiting for the acceptance and being pretty cheerful about it. I also remember a while ago when Ruby brought him for an acceptance orientation type thing with another vlogger's kid (not sure what their name is) and Chad seemed excited. I wonder if they changed the school on him last minute?
Maybe chads just having a hard time being the new kid. You don't really know how you'll like a school until you're there everyday. Maybe he hates it because he's having a hard time making friends.

foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

freshbalsam wrote:

April and Daveys son Zade. He goes to the same school.
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Pixel wrote:Ruby did that thing again where she acts like she's the greatest mom on the planet for not getting angry at Russell(for dropping his french toast).

that part scared me because of his little facial expressions and her tone.

greenfly125
Talker
Talker

Unread post by greenfly125 »

Vincere wrote:Suggest some titles for a new thread.
8 remodelled passengers
8 passengers and unhealthy healthy snacks
7 passengers and 1 dumb mom
8 passengers and 8 lessons in acting
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

^ I also thought he chose that school, I remember when him and Zade both were taking the tests to see if they got accepted.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

greenfly125 wrote:
Vincere wrote:Suggest some titles for a new thread.
8 remodelled passengers
8 passengers and unhealthy healthy snacks
7 passengers and 1 dumb mom
8 passengers and 8 lessons in acting

At first I thought of things like

8 passengers no longer competing, because E&J are loosing

(Because of her insta post about how she used to compete and now she doesn't feel that way- lol duh maybe because you actually do have money now)

Or 8 passengers, Griffith YT most likely to succeed

But then I realized I was making insults towards Ej and it was prob too nice for 8passenegers lol

shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

I fast forwarded the spasing / crying bit.

Return to “8 Passengers”