8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Puffy Passengers - Part #7

Unread post by natalka81 »

sasperillo wrote:^^ like Shari I also felt that intelligence was my strongest trait and I spent my teens reading philosophy and going to colloquia. I honestly thought I was better than the girls in my class who obsessed over boys and makeup. I’m sure I came across as snotty but luckily there are no videos of me poo-pooing the masses. I was mean to my mom who was honestly trying her best raining me alone and in poverty. I also had my moments of kindness and compassion and those weren’t captured either. As an adult I’m so happy that I’m not defined by who I was as a teen and I cringe when I meet long lost high school friends and they bring up how I was the teacher’s pet. My nephew is 16 and while he has a heart of gold his behavior can be pretty shitty at times (doesn’t care about school, rushes through meals so he can go play video games, has a generally careless attitude towards things). Once your prefrontal cortex fully develops and you get more experience with the world you tend to mellow out- this is true for all extreme teen behaviors that are not rooted in some type of pathology. Some of your personality sticks around during adulthood and some people just never grow up, but most of us become contributing members of society.
I love this post!!! And every once in awhile you come across some real gems on this site. Your "luckily there are no videos of me poo-pooing the masses" is great!
callie73
Talker
Talker

Unread post by callie73 »

PoppyFlower1 wrote:i have this hard sense that Kevin nor Chad actually believe in god. or atleast chad seems to look like hes having doubts. i feel like there playing along because they live in a state where nearly everyone is Mormon and those who are not, are not treated well and are judged for it. so they remain believers to keep the family strong and not cause humiliation to the entire family and extended one.imagine if chad or Kevin had the balls to actually leave the church. there whole family would be shamed and cause so many problems for them. in fact could leave them being kicked out entirely. if he's making any sacrifices for his wife and family, it would be living a lie. chad i feel just because he's so young and social media opens you up to many ways of living. again the kids seem afraid to disappoint there parents. so i think he kind of just does it because there is no other option. i think the rest are hard core believers though. shari sits in her bed every night reading the bible for fun, and no atheist would ever do that lol. maybe they believe in god, but maybe they don't agree with the church. who knows? it's not like they would ever in a million years broadcast that publically because everyone in the church would find out and they need to keep this "perfect stepford wives image to their name"
They read the book of mormon, not the Bible usually. I have seen kevin read the Bible on his phone, it was opened up to 1st Corinthians, i believe. He could be a closeted Christian, kinda closeted exmormon. There is a exmormon underground at BYU. Mormons as a rule don't really read the Bible, they are not encouraged to. The fact that kevin was seen reading the new testament, made me wonder if he wasn't in fact really a Christian. I think it's ruby that's TBM (true believing mormon) and Shari, Abby etc. I hope those kids are smart enough to really study mormon history, they would learn it is a sham and they are being taken for everything they are worth.
username320
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by username320 »

callie73 wrote:
PoppyFlower1 wrote:i have this hard sense that Kevin nor Chad actually believe in god. or atleast chad seems to look like hes having doubts. i feel like there playing along because they live in a state where nearly everyone is Mormon and those who are not, are not treated well and are judged for it. so they remain believers to keep the family strong and not cause humiliation to the entire family and extended one.imagine if chad or Kevin had the balls to actually leave the church. there whole family would be shamed and cause so many problems for them. in fact could leave them being kicked out entirely. if he's making any sacrifices for his wife and family, it would be living a lie. chad i feel just because he's so young and social media opens you up to many ways of living. again the kids seem afraid to disappoint there parents. so i think he kind of just does it because there is no other option. i think the rest are hard core believers though. shari sits in her bed every night reading the bible for fun, and no atheist would ever do that lol. maybe they believe in god, but maybe they don't agree with the church. who knows? it's not like they would ever in a million years broadcast that publically because everyone in the church would find out and they need to keep this "perfect stepford wives image to their name"
They read the book of mormon, not the Bible usually. I have seen kevin read the Bible on his phone, it was opened up to 1st Corinthians, i believe. He could be a closeted Christian, kinda closeted exmormon. There is a exmormon underground at BYU. Mormons as a rule don't really read the Bible, they are not encouraged to. The fact that kevin was seen reading the new testament, made me wonder if he wasn't in fact really a Christian. I think it's ruby that's TBM (true believing mormon) and Shari, Abby etc. I hope those kids are smart enough to really study mormon history, they would learn it is a sham and they are being taken for everything they are worth.
Every Mormon highschooler reads the bible as part of seminary and the churches focus this year is the old testament, meaning all Sunday school lessons are focused on that, I'm not saying that Kevin/ Chad believe, but the reading of the bible doesn't prove that, and I think the average Mormon has read more of the bible than the average Christian.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Mormons ARE christians...I don’t think that kevin has any doubts about his religion. Chad maybe, but he’s at that age where they’re gaining their own testimony instead of relying on their families.
callie73
Talker
Talker

Unread post by callie73 »

mormons are not Christians. I used to be LDS and now I am a Christian. Christians do not view mormons as christians. and no mormons have not read the Bible more than the average Christian. as an adult I read the Bible more than I ever did as a teen.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

callie73 wrote:mormons are not Christians. I used to be LDS and now I am a Christian. Christians do not view mormons as christians. and no mormons have not read the Bible more than the average Christian. as an adult I read the Bible more than I ever did as a teen.

Mormons are completely, 100% christians.
https://www.lds.org/new-era/1998/05/are ... s?lang=eng
Just because as a teen you didn’t read the Bible doesn’t mean mormons don’t lol.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

What was up with Shari kicking Chad on the stairs, and then Chad pushing the girls pretty aggressively? Chad did it out of anger (not saying that's okay) but Shari did it for the camera. She's almost 15, what 15 year old would do that for the camera? It's not cute, it's not funny. I remember when I first started watching them Shari was enjoyable because she was so intelligent, mature for her age but not yet cocky, and not entitled. Nothing but a brat now. I wouldn't even expect someone Abby or Julie's age to just randomly kick their sibling for attention.
username320
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by username320 »

Defuego wrote:What was up with Shari kicking Chad on the stairs, and then Chad pushing the girls pretty aggressively? Chad did it out of anger (not saying that's okay) but Shari did it for the camera. She's almost 15, what 15 year old would do that for the camera? It's not cute, it's not funny. I remember when I first started watching them Shari was enjoyable because she was so intelligent, mature for her age but not yet cocky, and not entitled. Nothing but a brat now. I wouldn't even expect someone Abby or Julie's age to just randomly kick their sibling for attention.
I also have noticed some changes, I think it has to do with her new school, it seems more competitive both academically and socially, and it might be hard for her not always being on top.
janett345
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by janett345 »

And then they were also pulling Julie's hair out. At least Abby told them to stop. Shari and Chad are becoming unbearable.
Bobbityfo1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Bobbityfo1 »

(Deleted my first post thinking it was a bit harsh to some people haha) I deffo think Kevin is a believer. Chad maybe has potential to move away from LDS stuff if he wasn't surrounded by it

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

In today’s vlog Julie and Russell laid some burns on Shari!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Two things going on in the comments of today's vlog.

1. People are recognizing that they use the term homeless in an insulting way too often.

2. Did Ruby make grits or oatmeal? Does she realize grits and oatmeal are not the same thing? Does she call actual grits oatmeal? Has anyone told Joel yet that oatmeal is not spelled oatmill?

On today's episode of breakfast tragedy.
kendall16
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by kendall16 »

2 minutes into Shari's "Why I switched to Private School" video and oh my gosh if I were in school with her I would hate her. She keeps talking about how there were "vulgar, crude kids" at her school and how she was getting sucked into it. Yes Shari, I'm sure you were all over those druggy kids. She's talking about how her friends weren't the most admirable people like she's so above them. She seriously just left that school a few months ago...Also, she claims there are Buddhists at her school and I may be wrong, but I highly doubt that. The school's website literally says it's Christian and 95% of the kids seem mormon.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Lol. No Shari, your teacher didn't change the creation subject because she didn't want to offend anyone. She changed it because schools teach facts, not fairytales. Unless you go to a private school.
PoppyFlower1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by PoppyFlower1 »

kendall16 wrote:2 minutes into Shari's "Why I switched to Private School" video and oh my gosh if I were in school with her I would hate her. She keeps talking about how there were "vulgar, crude kids" at her school and how she was getting sucked into it. Yes Shari, I'm sure you were all over those druggy kids. She's talking about how her friends weren't the most admirable people like she's so above them. She seriously just left that school a few months ago...Also, she claims there are Buddhists at her school and I may be wrong, but I highly doubt that. The school's website literally says it's Christian and 95% of the kids seem mormon.
which Buddhist ? real ones. or the white hipster starbucks lovers that got the how to be a Buddhist for dummies on a student discount. what kind of 13 year old takes drugs, unless she meant fun dip. that s***s addictive! also, if a student started asking questions about god in my science class. i would be like "yeah.... i think your in the wrong class, this is the logic of science, relgious education is down the hall"
ReginaPhalange
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ReginaPhalange »

Shari is going to have a hard time in the real world if she wants to be a lawyer in NYC.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1024 mit Tapatalk
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

janett345 wrote:And then they were also pulling Julie's hair out. At least Abby told them to stop. Shari and Chad are becoming unbearable.
Abby's gonna be next, that's what happens when you grow up.
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Lol all the true private schools I know is what Shari was describing when was saying that her friends were saying her current school is Mormon at the very beginning of her video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sugarpea
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by sugarpea »

I got told off for saying that Shari was a brat and that no one would want to be her friend. Watch her newest video. I am standing by my comments.
skxo3
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by skxo3 »

ReginaPhalange wrote:Shari is going to have a hard time in the real world if she wants to be a lawyer in NYC.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1024 mit Tapatalk
i've been creeping for a while, but decided to finally join the convo! hi!

anyways, shari is gonna have a hard time in the real world, regardless of what she wants to do in life. she's gonna be in for a rude awakening if she ever leaves the mormon bubble in utah. but, i can't really picture her leaving that community.

Return to “8 Passengers”