8 Passengers :Private Schools and Public Humiliations | Part #14

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers :Private Schools and Public Humiliations | Part #14

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

We sure learned a lot today:

* The Puppy - The dog'ss name is currently Blizzard, but they plan to let Instagram vote on his name as predicted above. Gotta earn that designer puppy money back in views! I assume that is why they got him. Family Vloggers are struggling, their move is delayed and nobody was excited about Ruby's pretend second venture "back to school" which we haven't heard of since. Kind of them to let her travel to all these retreats and projects considering she just started.

* The secret girls project. Maybe Eve doesn't feel loved because she is excluded from everything? What could they possibly be working on that requires a trip to Arizona, fits inside a plastic tote, but requires an enormous furnished attic (that is not a closet)? Is this the clothing line? Are they sewing them themselves? This would have been a great space for Julie to raise Eve, allowing them each to have finally have enough room for their own age appropriate interests/space.....things like toys and a binder that "cluttered" their previous room too much to keep. Why does Ruby need 3 rooms, and counting?

* The Birds - I don't think these pets are impulse buys at all, she just shows no genuine emotion so it is hard to tell when she is just callous and detached, or she is setting up a big surprise. That being said, Ruby gets off on making sure her kids never get what they want. Remember Chad with the Vans? Or Julie with the watch? It was out of character of Ruby to not only get Julie the birds, but to choose the ones best for the family and not what she wanted (the kind that stay caged). I assume this was a way to calm viewers, angry that Julie doesn't get the same treatment as her siblings. I am surprised the birds haven't disappeared after pooping on the couch.

* I agree with all the Shari stuff, but I got my hand slapped the last time it was discussed. Shari did reveal today that they are getting rid of their beds again because Ruby wants all new ones that match....now that everyone will have their own rooms? Shari was granted permission to decorate her own bathroom, which I assume means Ruby will be doing every other room. She runs out to get a bunch of stuff a month before moving in case it doesn't work in the space, and then seals it into a packing box to pass the return window. :|

* Praying for a shelf in the closet - Is this really a Mormon thing or a Griffiths thing? You would have thought she would have been granted the wisdom to address her dozens of tubs of hidden/hoarded clothes instead. Seems a new house is waste now that she addressed the addiction. She is starting to lose the plot with her new storylines....
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

My only hope for the dog is that the kids are older and more outspoken so hopefully they fight for what's right for the dog. The Griffiths are just NOT animal people, wasn't there a video of the Griffiths when they were younger riding their dog? I even knew better at a younger age that you just don't do that.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

thenightowl wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:23 pm My only hope for the dog is that the kids are older and more outspoken so hopefully they fight for what's right for the dog. The Griffiths are just NOT animal people, wasn't there a video of the Griffiths when they were younger riding their dog? I even knew better at a younger age that you just don't do that.
The did indeed ride the dog. Did we ever get a reasonable explanation for Chad's missing lizard Speckles? Shari was trying to dump her hedgehog for a while because of allergies, I hope her saying that she doesn't know if her room will be big enough for him isn't foreshadowing.
mikaydean
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by mikaydean »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:53 pm
thenightowl wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:23 pm My only hope for the dog is that the kids are older and more outspoken so hopefully they fight for what's right for the dog. The Griffiths are just NOT animal people, wasn't there a video of the Griffiths when they were younger riding their dog? I even knew better at a younger age that you just don't do that.
The did indeed ride the dog. Did we ever get a reasonable explanation for Chad's missing lizard Speckles? Shari was trying to dump her hedgehog for a while because of allergies, I hope her saying that she doesn't know if her room will be big enough for him isn't foreshadowing.
Didn't the lizard got sick, which was the reason they send it to a special rescue for reptiles ?
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

sheltiefan wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:58 am Okay in Ruby's IG story, she talks about a project with Shari, Abby and Julie. That must be what the trip to AZ was about. Due to school, maybe Shari couldn't get away for the trip.
That’ll be for the tween girl clothing line she’s working on :?
Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

New Thread coming tomorrow morning

Go and suggest some titles for the new thread

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

Sent from my LM-X210 using Tapatalk

shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

They name the dog Dwight from The Office
Manitowoc123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Manitowoc123 »

mikaydean wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:59 am
Manitowoc123 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:15 am

I grew up Mormon so I know the answer to the above question. The reason why Mormons have so many kids is because they believe that our souls or “spirits” exist before we come to Earth. Then, when we are born, our job on Earth is to lead a good Mormon life and make the right choices to go back up to heaven to live with Heavenly Father. The more babies you have, the more souls you save, in essence.
So the more babies you have, the more souls you safe, the bigger the chance you go to heaven?
If so, how is the reaction then to woman or men who can't get babies because of medical problems? Are they seen as less good with a lower chance in going to heaven? Because if i read your answer, i kind of read "the more babies the better you are", and i don't like that :shy: . There are so many people who have 1 or 2 children who raise good and responsable adults. For me they are worth more than parents who have 6, 7 or 8 children and don't raise them in decent adults.
Yes, and you have identified one of the many issues that ex Mormons have with the church. I don’t want to be disrespectful because I know we have believing members in this forum so I wanted to answer your question best I could. And, as a side note, Mormons believe that there are many things they have to do to get to heaven. It’s not just having babies.
cvntlord0606
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cvntlord0606 »

oh my god ruby might be the most stupid woman i've ever seen. so apparently eve won't take her plate from the table to the dishwasher being she was "distracted". so according to ruby that means that eve is feeling pain and trying to distract herself from it by not doing a simple thing she was asked to do. then ruby the lifecoach says "are you really this upset over taking your plate or is it because you feel like your sibling doesnt love you and doesn't want you to be a part of this family?". first of all who in their right mind says that to a six year old, and second i'm pretty sure neither of those crossed eve's mind so ruby just gives eve reasons to get out of things. then to ruby's surprise eve BURSTS INTO TEARS!!! I wonder why? maybe because you just told her someone doesn't want her in the family and doesn't love her. she literally just gave eve an excuse to not do her chores as well. eve can now say "no one loves me" and ruby will just hug her and let her not do anything while julie cleans up the messes eve makes in their room. i feel bad saying this, but ruby is creating a monster with eve. it isn't eve's fault she's the way she is, it's her stupid mother's and it will only get worse from here.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

shortstop wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:00 pm They name the dog Dwight from The Office
Interesting. Kevin is lucky that I am probably the only person that watched the Deru Crew vlog where he said they planned to let viewers vote on the name on Instagram (not that viewers should have a say at all). It's interesting that the first 3 kid pets were Prickles/Bagels/Speckles, and now they have moved on to their favorite 3 TV characters. Not particularly creative, but it works. Chad gave him a bath while Shari just screamed about gross wet dogs are and commented on the fact that the puppy hadn't eaten all day. I hope this isn't a preview of their care plan going forward.
SwiftlyD
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SwiftlyD »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
shortstop wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:00 pm They name the dog Dwight from The Office
Interesting. Kevin is lucky that I am probably the only person that watched the Deru Crew vlog where he said they planned to let viewers vote on the name on Instagram (not that viewers should have a say at all). It's interesting that the first 3 kid pets were Prickles/Bagels/Speckles, and now they have moved on to their favorite 3 TV characters. Not particularly creative, but it works. Chad gave him a bath while Shari just screamed about gross wet dogs are and commented on the fact that the puppy hadn't eaten all day. I hope this isn't a preview of their care plan going forward.
I hope Chad really bonds with the dog and he cares for him because I don't know if I trust Ruby. Dwight is a boy right?

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

SwiftlyD wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:21 pm
I hope Chad really bonds with the dog and he cares for him because I don't know if I trust Ruby. Dwight is a boy right?

Same. I assumed responsibility would mainly be on Chad/Julie anyways, I just hope they are able to really bond and give the poor pup a decent life. Ruby has never shown the desire or ability to care for another, and Shari is her mother's daughter. Kevin confirmed the dog was male on the Deru Crew vlog.
SwiftlyD
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SwiftlyD »

SwiftlyD wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:21 pm
Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Interesting. Kevin is lucky that I am probably the only person that watched the Deru Crew vlog where he said they planned to let viewers vote on the name on Instagram (not that viewers should have a say at all). It's interesting that the first 3 kid pets were Prickles/Bagels/Speckles, and now they have moved on to their favorite 3 TV characters. Not particularly creative, but it works. Chad gave him a bath while Shari just screamed about gross wet dogs are and commented on the fact that the puppy hadn't eaten all day. I hope this isn't a preview of their care plan going forward.

Same. I assumed responsibility would mainly be on Chad/Julie anyways, I just hope they are able to really bond and give the poor pup a decent life. Ruby has never shown the desire or ability to care for another, and Shari is her mother's daughter. Kevin confirmed the dog was male on the Deru Crew vlog.
I'll bet you anything that dog will be Ina crate until Ruby can make damn sure that he will not lift his leg on anything or mark his territory

Happy Mommy 319
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Happy Mommy 319 »

natalka81 wrote:
Happy Mommy 319 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:22 am Honestly just wondering...What’s with Shari’s eyes & the way she hold her mouth when she talks? Like her eyes seem like they want to close and her top lip doesn’t move. I can’t watch her because it bugs me. It seems like she does it on purpose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really?
Yeah go watch the last video she posted and watch her eyes & her mouth. Idk. Someone pointed it out a while ago on her channel and ever since then I can’t unsee it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cinderellaswiss
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Cinderellaswiss »

Cinderellaswiss wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:51 pm
Happy+Charlie wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:33 am
Kataja wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:08 am I really feel bad for the animals in this household.

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Ruby against Julie having birds and then got them soon after?
and then Ruby was saying that they wouldn't have a dog in a very long time but couple vlogs later they are picking up puppy from airport?

Doesn't anyone else find it questionable that these people just go to airport (Bonnie did it too) to pick up puppies - they have no way to know if the dogs are product of puppy mill or from creditable breeders.

@ RUBY!!! ANIMALS are NOT objects. Please stop treating them like they are! Stop impulse-buying animals now that you ''won't'' buy clothes for yourself.
I could not imagine picking a dog from a "catalog," never having interaction with it until I've paid and picked it up. Dogs pick people, just like we pick dogs. Ruby has said the puppy is a cavapoo. Cavapoos can be 12-25 lbs (largely depending on what size poodle was used, in that there are tcup, toy, miniature and standard). The cavachon goes up to 18 lbs. I would love to know if Nollie was given more range in the house in her earlier years. If it is the case that she became incontinent as she got much older, then that's why they kept her in the foyer, and there is hope for the puppy. I just remember seeing vlogs with Nollie so excited and wanting to be with them when they were in the music room, but she couldn't go in. Just like Bonnie's dog, cavapoos like being with their people (well, dogs in general want to be with their people [pack]), so if they separate the puppy from everyone at sleep time and family time, it will be really sad. Bonnie would get on Lady because she was always barking, well, stick a dog whose nature is to be with others in a crate and you're going to get barking. Sad thing is, instead of giving Lady more people time, they put a shock collar on her--no more barking from the crate.

Once Ruby releases her parenting book, she'll be starting on her How to Raise the Perfect Dog book.

Surely heavenly father must have urged Ruby to adopt a local dog, wouldnt that be the "giving", "humble" way of doing things?
We adopted a dog last year and he is the best. Sweet with the kids and so very loving.

At least we got to enjoy another one of her preachy speeches on how to parent 🥳
Cinderellaswiss
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Cinderellaswiss »

cvntlord0606 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:30 pm oh my god ruby might be the most stupid woman i've ever seen. so apparently eve won't take her plate from the table to the dishwasher being she was "distracted". so according to ruby that means that eve is feeling pain and trying to distract herself from it by not doing a simple thing she was asked to do. then ruby the lifecoach says "are you really this upset over taking your plate or is it because you feel like your sibling doesnt love you and doesn't want you to be a part of this family?". first of all who in their right mind says that to a six year old, and second i'm pretty sure neither of those crossed eve's mind so ruby just gives eve reasons to get out of things. then to ruby's surprise eve BURSTS INTO TEARS!!! I wonder why? maybe because you just told her someone doesn't want her in the family and doesn't love her. she literally just gave eve an excuse to not do her chores as well. eve can now say "no one loves me" and ruby will just hug her and let her not do anything while julie cleans up the messes eve makes in their room. i feel bad saying this, but ruby is creating a monster with eve. it isn't eve's fault she's the way she is, it's her stupid mother's and it will only get worse from here.
I felt so sad for eve today. Ruby seems to jump at every opportunity to show everyone her "newly acquired life coach skills" using eve as her Guinea pig. Oh look at the pain she is in right now...oh look she is distracting..let's address this and use my super powerful mother method to deal with it 🤢
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

I guess every Ruby/Eve interaction now is going to include Ruby feeding ideas to Eve as to why she is having a feeling. Eve is showing sadness when they introduce the new puppy, and Ruby begins feeding ideas in her head, "is it because you feel like you are betraying Nollie?" SMH This is so wrong. Best thing for Ruby to do is stop using the life coaching books on her child. Eve is going from having everyone baby her and let her get away with things, to Ruby now creating her feelings for her. I hope Ruby finds another interest to take her away from becoming a life Coach, she'll screw the person up even more than she has her own children.
MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by MiloandMax1 »

Kind of think the dog is for a companion for Russell to maybe help with his issues (outbursts/anxiety).
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

MiloandMax1 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:28 am Kind of think the dog is for a companion for Russell to maybe help with his issues (outbursts/anxiety).
Oh that’s interesting, I was just going to comment how weird it was that Ruby said the dog must only sleep with Russell because they decided the description of the dog sounded like how she thinks of Russell. It seemed very weird and controlling to decide the dog has to sleep with him. But this could be the real reason and would be better than just Ruby being a controlling nutcase.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

imoverit wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:23 am
MiloandMax1 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:28 am Kind of think the dog is for a companion for Russell to maybe help with his issues (outbursts/anxiety).
Oh that’s interesting, I was just going to comment how weird it was that Ruby said the dog must only sleep with Russell because they decided the description of the dog sounded like how she thinks of Russell. It seemed very weird and controlling to decide the dog has to sleep with him. But this could be the real reason and would be better than just Ruby being a controlling nutcase.
Maybe. I got the sense that they just caved because Russell threw a fit when Julie got the birds for her birthday like they mentioned (thats what the kids thought). They have to call it a "family dog" because Russell can't/won't take care of it. He couldn't even manage to flush the toilet when Chad was away. I wonder if Russell was crying every night when he had the room alone and Ruby didn't want to deal with him in the new house. It is just weird to announce the puppy will sleep in his bed though. What if the Russell or the dog doesn't want to? Locked in a cage in the bed like Olivia/Lady? I did enjoy when Shari refused to share the dog and Ruby forced her to give it up though. All of the kids have emotional difficulties as a result of their upbringing, and I think giving the dog to one child will cause issues. Is Chad really going to want to care for the dog when he isn't permitted an emotional bond? Animals aren't possessions and usually choose their own companion.
And why are they suddenly talking so much about injury and abuse? Ruby, being forever concerned about breaking her baby's legs while diaper changing (Russell - broken femur), dropping a baby down the stairs (which baby was this!?!?), and the piece de resistance.....Abby announcing that she thought their parents woke them up in the middle of the night TO WHIP THEM! Julie even stuck out her butt to drive the point home. What in the world is going on in that house behind the cameras? Even if purely a joke, what kid says that? Maybe Russell was given the dog because Ruby was forced to relive her negligent actions through her coursework. Buying stuff is way easier than accepting responsibility after all.
Regarding Eve's "pain"....right. Maybe she really did say that she was sad about Nollie before the scene was filmed, but what we saw in that clip wasn't authentic by anyone's definition. Eve was smirking her butt off, trying to stifle smiles. Ruby clearly provided her the script for her "therapy session". Has Ruby even finished her course yet, or does she come home every night and test each new pamphlet out on poor Eve? I have said it before, but Ruby gets more and more dangerous.....she is going to turn Eve into a manipulative sociopath at the rate she is going. The pic doesn't due it justice, you have to watch Eve's performance @6:32.
Eve Nollie Smirk.png
The face of a child in deep emotional pain?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “8 Passengers”