8 Passengers | Part One

sarah

Re: 8 Passengers: Part One

Unread post by sarah »

I think they're a little strange. I liked some of the earlier videos better. Seemed more real. Now, they're disjointed and kind of forced.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

I think this family is refreshing. I enjoy it when Ruby tells stories and I think Kevin is a really attractive man. I especially enjoyed the video on how they met and became a couple. Maybe I'm old school, but I like a man to go to work and act like a man instead of a child or cheerleader. The question and answer videos were also good ones to watch.
sunflower928
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sunflower928 »

Ruby drives me nuts! I feel like there is a lot of "dead" time and I hate how she embarrasses her kids on camera.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Ohhh whoops sorry, saw someone mention it so I thought I was in the right thread lol I should learn to read titles better
phie20
Informer
Informer

Unread post by phie20 »

I really like Ruby and Kevin, their kids are way too adorable!!

I guess Ruby is kinda the super-mormon ^.^ A subscriber asked her how she'd feel about one of her kids not wanting to be Mormon ... she totally talked her way around it, like "that's never going to happen, all my kids are strong believers." Seriously though, it happens ^^
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Yeah that's one thing about them that makes me uncomfortable, children should be able to have their own religious beliefs. A lot of religions, Mormonism included, are very particular and judgey and I know from experience that growing up in a family that has different beliefs than you is hard.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Yeah that's one thing about them that makes me uncomfortable, children should be able to have their own religious beliefs. A lot of religions, Mormonism included, are very particular and judgey and I know from experience that growing up in a family that has different beliefs than you is hard.
I completely agree with this.

We aren't religious, but chose to send my son to the private Catholic school for various reasons. He's become super into it, and we don't try to talk him out of becoming more spiritual just because we aren't. He can make his own choices and we support him... as long as he's not hurting anyone.

That said, if my son decided to become a hunter I'd be very disappointed because it's against my beliefs... so maybe I can sort of get where Ruby is coming from if you look at it with that comparison?...
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

OT, I had to cut off Ruby mid-vlog because of the volume of noise from her youngest two kids was too much for me. Granted, Ruby had said a moment or two before that she couldn't hear herself think, but she did nothing to remedy the situation. I took the time to teach my children to be mindfull of how their behavior impacts others.
saltliferocks
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by saltliferocks »

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:I think this family is refreshing. I enjoy it when Ruby tells stories and I think Kevin is a really attractive man. I especially enjoyed the video on how they met and became a couple. Maybe I'm old school, but I like a man to go to work and act like a man instead of a child or cheerleader. The question and answer videos were also good ones to watch.
An intelligent, mature, and masculine vlogger... I find him very attractive, as well.
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

I like this family overall. When I watch though, I can see 6 kids is too many for each to get the attention they need. And their youngest two scream more than average and do naughty things (coloring on furniture and walls) due to it being impossible for one or two parents to properly supervise them.
phie20
Informer
Informer

Unread post by phie20 »

It's so weird to me that Ruby didn't have a passport till now :? Can you fellow americans tell me if owning a passport is rather (un)usual? I'm just interested, because I was basically born with one, we always take them with us when we go abroad (even if you don't need them like in the EU), just in case of emergency.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

phie20 wrote:It's so weird to me that Ruby didn't have a passport till now :? Can you fellow americans tell me if owning a passport is rather (un)usual? I'm just interested, because I was basically born with one, we always take them with us when we go abroad (even if you don't need them like in the EU), just in case of emergency.
I don't know anyone that has a passport unless they got it for a specific vacation. Granted I'm poor and I know other poor people and none of us can really afford vacations, but as far as I know if you need one you just go and get it. It's not necessary in daily life whatsoever. I don't even think I know anyone who's ever travelled abroad besides one old childhood friend who went to Romania once. Maybe people who can afford those trips get them, but if you've never gone on one then there's really no point.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:
phie20 wrote:It's so weird to me that Ruby didn't have a passport till now :? Can you fellow americans tell me if owning a passport is rather (un)usual? I'm just interested, because I was basically born with one, we always take them with us when we go abroad (even if you don't need them like in the EU), just in case of emergency.
I don't know anyone that has a passport unless they got it for a specific vacation. Granted I'm poor and I know other poor people and none of us can really afford vacations, but as far as I know if you need one you just go and get it. It's not necessary in daily life whatsoever. I don't even think I know anyone who's ever travelled abroad besides one old childhood friend who went to Romania once. Maybe people who can afford those trips get them, but if you've never gone on one then there's really no point.
I don't have a passport either, I'm 31 years old. I think it's normal to not have one until/unless you are traveling internationally.
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED

Unread post by usmellllikesnow »

I don't have one either.

You have to remember how large the US is. You can travel from border to border, to Alaska, to Hawaii and never need a passport.
phie20
Informer
Informer

Unread post by phie20 »

Thank you for your answers, interesting to see the differences.
bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

russell (sp?) is possibly the sweetest kid out of all the griffiths cousins :love2:
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

I got a passport when I went away to college because my mom said it was in case I wanted to go on a trip with friends (spring break or something.) I've never used it in 7 years except if I lose my DL and need ID.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

angelfire89 wrote:
I got a passport when I went away to college because my mom said it was in case I wanted to go on a trip with friends (spring break or something.) I've never used it in 7 years except if I lose my DL and need ID.
I'm in Australia but I'm 26 and never had a passport. Never had any need for one because any holidays I've been on have been within Australia. Travelling overseas is so expensive and I'd rather save up to buy a house at this stage in my life.
phie20
Informer
Informer

Unread post by phie20 »

It's funny, I don't know anybody who hasn't got a passport ^^ I guess it's because of traveling in the EU, you cross lots of boarders you wanna make sure you can identify yourself... if something ever happens my passport will give me the security to call for help through the embassy, to get a lawyer, a translator or even a way to travel back to my country.
In some countries I've visited it's possible to get arrested if they control you on the street and you can't show them your passport. They'll think you're a terrorist/illegal. So my school always made sure everyone had a passport with them. Even for just a stroll in the park.

Besides that, I have to agree that Russell is probably one of the sweetest Griffiths boys :D His worries about grandpa made me tear up.
karunohana
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by karunohana »

Did you see her miscarriage video? I feel so sorry for her, one of my biggest fears is ever having a miscarriage.

Return to “8 Passengers”