TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv-Part 16

PolkaDotPenguin
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv-Part 16

Unread post by PolkaDotPenguin »

PS - These people are freaking idiots! If she wanted E to be asleep in her crib then why didnt J take her instead of trying to keep her awake in the swing, or why didnt A take her upstairs before vaccuming. They are idiots, idiots idiots! That poor baby needs more sleep then that!
Mabell
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mabell »

sand and water wrote:You guys may disagree with me, but I am against gun control. The only thing gun control does, is take guns away from capable people who want to protect their families and homes. If a criminal wants to get a hold of a gun, they will, regardless of a ban. Drugs are illegal, yet it is easily accessible. That is why there are background checks. What happened today just makes me want to get a concealed weapons permit. Sorry but when it comes to my family, I won't stop at anything to protect them.
Some Irish criminals carry guns, still doesn't make Irish people want to own one. I've had a guy come into my house when I was on my own and commit an offense. Didn't make me want to own a gun.

We have never had a a school or college shooting.
Mabell
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mabell »

Gin0915 wrote: I agree, statistically, if guns become easier to obtain by responsible citizens in regions where there are crime problems, those crime problems suddenly greatly diminish. Florida is a great example, esp. Miami. I do think that guns should be registered and people who wish to own them should have appropriate training for the particular weapon and maybe even a psych evaluation. Restricting freedoms never works, it makes the restriction a forbidden fruit. Any ban is a reason for all kinds of crime lords to rub their hands together.
Owning a gun should be a privilege not a freedom. Until Americans get out of that mindset these shootings are going to continue.
Artemis
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Artemis »

Mabell wrote:
Gin0915 wrote: I agree, statistically, if guns become easier to obtain by responsible citizens in regions where there are crime problems, those crime problems suddenly greatly diminish. Florida is a great example, esp. Miami. I do think that guns should be registered and people who wish to own them should have appropriate training for the particular weapon and maybe even a psych evaluation. Restricting freedoms never works, it makes the restriction a forbidden fruit. Any ban is a reason for all kinds of crime lords to rub their hands together.
Owning a gun should be a privilege not a freedom. Until Americans get out of that mindset these shootings are going to continue.
Agree 100%! And you're dead right, much less gun crime in Europe in general.
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sand and water »

geeklove wrote:
sand and water wrote:You guys may disagree with me, but I am against gun control. The only thing gun control does, is take guns away from capable people who want to protect their families and homes. If a criminal wants to get a hold of a gun, they will, regardless of a ban. Drugs are illegal, yet it is easily accessible. That is why there are background checks. What happened today just makes me want to get a concealed weapons permit. Sorry but when it comes to my family, I won't stop at anything to protect them.
What person needs an automatic assault riffle though? that's over the top and I don't think normal people protecting themselves need that. That's something you get for a mass murder.
I completely understand what you're saying. Maybe there should be something with automatic assault weapons; however, taking guns away from the homes of capable people who are protecting their families is wrong. Yes our government can put a ban on automatic assault weapons, but that isn't going to stop a criminal from getting their hands on one. For example, the shooting a mall in Oregon was done by a person with a stolen gun. If a criminal wants to get their hands on a gun, they will. It's scary but it's just a fact. That is why we decided to protect our home the way we have.
Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something you do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for." ~ Elder Neal Anderson.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

Mabell wrote:
I guess it's really not a subject for this board. I do believe it's a right, I didn't say that one shouldn't earn that right. Plenty of regions in the US where guns are owned by virtually everyone yet little to no gun crimes are committed. Also, one cannot compare smaller, largely homogenous countries to an intensely diverse behemoth that is the US. I don't really feel like arguing about this, as this is more my husband's favourite topic. I believe in knowledge and education not restriction and government interference.
'Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up from its chair in indignation. 'Excuse me, your majesty,' he squeaked, 'do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!'

— The Master and Margarita
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Gin0915 wrote:
I agree, statistically, if guns become easier to obtain by responsible citizens in regions where there are crime problems, those crime problems suddenly greatly diminish. Florida is a great example, esp. Miami. I do think that guns should be registered and people who wish to own them should have appropriate training for the particular weapon and maybe even a psych evaluation. Restricting freedoms never works, it makes the restriction a forbidden fruit. Any ban is a reason for all kinds of crime lords to rub their hands together.
Exactly. If people don't want to have a gun for protection, that is your decision and I respect that. But I'm not wrong for wanting to protect my family. I would never be able to live with myself if something happened to my children in my home, and I didn't have the means of protecting them. Like you said, take something away, and that just makes the criminals more hungry for it. Someone on my facebook feed brought up a great point. Chicago (where my friend lives) has some of the strictest gun laws in the country, and they have had the bloodiest year to date. Murder in Chicago is higher than any other city in America, even higher than Sao Paolo and Mexico City.
Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something you do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for." ~ Elder Neal Anderson.
Artemis
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Artemis »

sand and water wrote:
Gin0915 wrote:
I agree, statistically, if guns become easier to obtain by responsible citizens in regions where there are crime problems, those crime problems suddenly greatly diminish. Florida is a great example, esp. Miami. I do think that guns should be registered and people who wish to own them should have appropriate training for the particular weapon and maybe even a psych evaluation. Restricting freedoms never works, it makes the restriction a forbidden fruit. Any ban is a reason for all kinds of crime lords to rub their hands together.
Exactly. If people don't want to have a gun for protection, that is your decision and I respect that. But I'm not wrong for wanting to protect my family. I would never be able to live with myself if something happened to my children in my home, and I didn't have the means of protecting them. Like you said, take something away, and that just makes the criminals more hungry for it. Someone on my facebook feed brought up a great point. Chicago (where my friend lives) has some of the strictest gun laws in the country, and they have had the bloodiest year to date. Murder in Chicago is higher than any other city in America, even higher than Sao Paolo and Mexico City.
I once asked my dad what he would do if somebody broke into out house, he replied that he has his paintball gun stashed in the wardrobe.. I know this is a serious topic but I cant get the image of a disorientated man wielding a paint ball in his boxers shorts out of my head! Haha :D

(Apologies, post-exam good mood!)
nickypicky
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by nickypicky »

Artemis wrote:
I once asked my dad what he would do if somebody broke into out house, he replied that he has his paintball gun stashed in the wardrobe.. I know this is a serious topic but I cant get the image of a disorientated man wielding a paint ball in his boxers shorts out of my head! Haha :D

:lol:
PolkaDotPenguin
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PolkaDotPenguin »

Im not getting into the gun thing because I use my right to carry. I have my concealed carry license and carry it on my 24/7. Its not guns that kill people its people who do. Thats like saying you are going to take away cars because people cant stop drinking and driving.
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Artemis wrote:
sand and water wrote:

Hahaha I'm picturing my husband in the same scenario.
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

PolkaDotPenguin wrote:Im not getting into the gun thing because I use my right to carry. I have my concealed carry license and carry it on my 24/7. Its not guns that kill people its people who do. Thats like saying you are going to take away cars because people cant stop drinking and driving.
Agreed! My husband and I want to get our concealed permit too.
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I see there was an attack on a primary school in China. A crazed man injured 22 children and 1 adult when he attacked them with a knife. Thankfully no one was killed.
Mabell
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mabell »

Todays shooting, Colorado, Arizona, Virginia tech, Columbine etc. These are middle class guys with mental health issues being able to walk into a store and get a gun. Why not learn from all these tragedies. Stringent gun laws need to be put in place.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

sand and water wrote:I see there was an attack on a primary school in China. A crazed man injured 22 children and 1 adult when he attacked them with a knife. Thankfully no one was killed.
This phenomenon runs far, far deeper than than the issue with guns. It seems one psycho shot up a public place or school and a whole bunch of malformed copy-cats sprung up. It's a sign of something bigger than whether guns should be more difficult to obtain or not. Getting rid of weapons is just treating the symptoms not the root cause.
'Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up from its chair in indignation. 'Excuse me, your majesty,' he squeaked, 'do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!'

Mabell
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mabell »

PolkaDotPenguin wrote:Im not getting into the gun thing because I use my right to carry. I have my concealed carry license and carry it on my 24/7. Its not guns that kill people its people who do. Thats like saying you are going to take away cars because people cant stop drinking and driving.
No it's not. Most people need to use a car to get by in their daily life. You don't need a gun, you just think you do.
proudmama
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by proudmama »

beautyish2 wrote:
Suntropics wrote:LMAO at jofus claiming he's lost weight so now his ring doesn't fit. Jonathan it's probably because it's cold out and your finger is smaller. You do not look like you have lost any weight.

Poor Emilia, sleeping in the swing and he wakes her up saying that she cannot go to sleep because it's not in the scehdule yet. She always looks so tired. He wakes her up daily when she's sleeping. Poor kid barely gets any sleep and when she does it's broken by her numbskull parents!

I cant believe they are doing this. She needs her sleep to grow. They are so selfish
They are such idiots. Babies NEED sleep on a regular basis throughout the day. One nap is NOT sufficient. Emilia should be napping around three or four times a day. I don't know of any baby that can get by with just one nap per day. It's ridiculous that they would be interrupting Emilia's sleep just so she can be "on schedule." If she's tired, then let her sleep!! A&J, we know what we're talking about! A lot of us on GG are moms and even those who aren't have common sense enough to know that babies need lots of sleep! It's just part of being a baby. Please, let Emilia nap when she's tired. Babies need a lot of sleep to grow into healthy adults.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

The Fungal Gnome took another super creepy photo of LeDufs. I knew I shouldn't have looked, it's stuff made of nightmares.

lemontree
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by lemontree »

omg this last picture on his instagram shows that they are lunatics!
nickypicky
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by nickypicky »

lemontree wrote:omg this last picture on his instagram shows that they are lunatics!
Yikes! Her face!!! OMG CREEPY!!!!!

Return to “TheStyleDiet/SacconeJolys”