TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv-Part 31

Soarin
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv-Part 31

Unread post by Soarin »

saywhaaaaat? wrote:Oh and one more thing - since when do babies eat ham sandwiches every day? And then Anna wonders why she's getting hungrier and hungrier - this baby is already overweight, and then give her high sodium foods? With all the negative commenst people post about her mothering skills, along with how they toss her food - milk and all - on the table like you'd do for a dog, you'd think she'd at least make an effort!
That bothers me with the cereal and milk on the table. I don't have a problem when it is with age appropriate finger foods but they should really be hand feeding her the cereal but its out of sheer laziness that they don't. You have to think of their table as a highchair in a way. And I'd plop foods right on the highchair when my son would eat. But not things that I needed to hand feed him like cereal. And my son ate oatmeal for breakfast made with formula not the choking hazard muesli that they give Emilia with cows milk. But a teething biscuit or Cheerios or COOKED veg were given straight on the highchair tray. But I hate to see them do that in public because those surfaces are so much more dirty than the table at home.
proudmama
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by proudmama »

Kayw4 wrote:
proudmama wrote:
Bluewolf wrote:
I think that's probably because its Irish butter which is delicious!
Admittedly it is a bit thick, ok a lot thick but it's amazing creamy butter a real treat.

That was one thing when I lived in US I REALLY missed. The butter you guys have is only one step up from Vaseline :D the local supermarket Cub I think it was called stocked Danish butter which was te nearest thing to actual real butter I ever found while there :)

Not in any way to defend her though! :)
I live in the US and just bought some kerrygold butter yesterday from the grocery store near me. :) It was seriously the only butter I could find without anything added to it (I have food sensitivities).
I make my own! It's really easy. Buy whipping or heavy cream, stick it in your food processor and let it rip for about 20 mins. It'll fall in on itself nice you've whipped it into oblivion. Pour off the buttermilk, add some water and let it go again. Pour off the water. Repeat until the water isn't cloudy. Then just stick it in a bowl, or if you're fancy, into a butter press. :)
I couldn't even do that since cream here contains extra ingredients I can't have. Whatever happened to just plain ol' cream?
Soarin
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Soarin »

I think I'm onto something. WHY don't they feed Emilia what Anna fixes for herself? Oatmeal with bananas? That's a pretty healthy breakfast but yet they feed her muesli which is hard and crunchy. Obviously not easy to chew for a baby with 6-8 teeth.
Kayw4
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kayw4 »

proudmama wrote:
Kayw4 wrote:
I make my own! It's really easy. Buy whipping or heavy cream, stick it in your food processor and let it rip for about 20 mins. It'll fall in on itself nice you've whipped it into oblivion. Pour off the buttermilk, add some water and let it go again. Pour off the water. Repeat until the water isn't cloudy. Then just stick it in a bowl, or if you're fancy, into a butter press. :)
I couldn't even do that since cream here contains extra ingredients I can't have. Whatever happened to just plain ol' cream?
What about buying direct from a farmer? Could you do that? I buy local organic from the Farmers Market. :)
proudmama
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Soarin wrote:I actually thought today's vlog was an improvement. Anna seemed to have more energy today as evidenced by no nap and she was a bit more present with Emilia. She needs to ditch the damn juice and eat real food. But she was actually playing with Emilia today. I don't think they read here as much as read the comments which basically reiterate what is said there.

I really think Anna has PPD. I had it and didn't realize I had it until my son was 3. I felt so detached to my son and unbonded. It didn't help that I had to work and my then husband had to stay at home. My husband was very much like jofus but without the excessive talking and carrying on but in that he was a very hands on dad and was pretty attentive.

They make mistakes as do any parent. The plastic in the mouth is normal, all babies find stuff to put in their mouth. And the marks and scratches on her face is pretty normal too. I don't think they are all from the dogs. You see she does a face plant on the carpet towards the end of the vlog and babies can get carpet burn that way. There's no way to keep babies scratch free and everything out of their mouth, it just doesn't happen. I know a lot of you aren't parents here so it's hard to know what's normal and not.
I'm a parent and I can tell you that a baby who is barely mobile having scratches and bumps/bruises on her almost everyday is NOT normal. It's obvious they don't pay enough attention to E to keep her from getting hurt. Yes my toddler does put things in his mouth like paper, but I notice it right away because I actually watch him unlike Anna. It's not one of those things where I look and think "oh, he has something in his mouth! I wonder when he did that?" I keep a close watch on my son because I know kids are curious and can easily get into things they shouldn't. Anna is either oblivious to that or she just doesn't care (I'll go with the latter). She has shown time and time again that E is not her top priority and that she does not watch her carefully.
proudmama
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Kayw4 wrote:
proudmama wrote:
Kayw4 wrote:
What about buying direct from a farmer? Could you do that? I buy local organic from the Farmers Market. :)
I've never thought about that before. I do live in an agricultural area so I'll look in that. :)
HeyItsCourtney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by HeyItsCourtney »

proudmama wrote:
Soarin wrote:I actually thought today's vlog was an improvement. Anna seemed to have more energy today as evidenced by no nap and she was a bit more present with Emilia. She needs to ditch the damn juice and eat real food. But she was actually playing with Emilia today. I don't think they read here as much as read the comments which basically reiterate what is said there.

I really think Anna has PPD. I had it and didn't realize I had it until my son was 3. I felt so detached to my son and unbonded. It didn't help that I had to work and my then husband had to stay at home. My husband was very much like jofus but without the excessive talking and carrying on but in that he was a very hands on dad and was pretty attentive.

They make mistakes as do any parent. The plastic in the mouth is normal, all babies find stuff to put in their mouth. And the marks and scratches on her face is pretty normal too. I don't think they are all from the dogs. You see she does a face plant on the carpet towards the end of the vlog and babies can get carpet burn that way. There's no way to keep babies scratch free and everything out of their mouth, it just doesn't happen. I know a lot of you aren't parents here so it's hard to know what's normal and not.
I'm a parent and I can tell you that a baby who is barely mobile having scratches and bumps/bruises on her almost everyday is NOT normal. It's obvious they don't pay enough attention to E to keep her from getting hurt. Yes my toddler does put things in his mouth like paper, but I notice it right away because I actually watch him unlike Anna. It's not one of those things where I look and think "oh, he has something in his mouth! I wonder when he did that?" I keep a close watch on my son because I know kids are curious and can easily get into things they shouldn't. Anna is either oblivious to that or she just doesn't care (I'll go with the latter). She has shown time and time again that E is not her top priority and that she does not watch her carefully.
Bet money she'd know if one of the damn dogs had a scratch. Lol
doggymayday
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by doggymayday »

Okay, a scone and butter - that's NOT HEALTHY anna, not even close. But it is a treat, and I sometimes have some toast with margarine and jam. But don't be naive and don't say it's kind of healthy, you're only lying to yourself.

Anna and a phone:
(and then telling J to give her her baby)

E and her balanced diet:
raw veggies
smoothie
raw veggies and cheese
sugary cereal
whole grapes
cooked peas, carrots, and something meaty? (probably too spicy and with too much onion for a baby)
raw veggies (not peeled) and ham
whole grapes
macaroni and sauce
cheesecake!
sugary cereal again
french fries
billy ham
bread and tomatoes
yogurt
sugary cereal and large banana slices
a cookie (if I remember) and fruit
sugary juice
cookie and kid toast sandwich (?)
something meaty with cooked veggies (again cooked for A&J first, so it's spicy)
again, the really bad cereal and large banana slices
raw veggies and some salty snacks
grilled meat
and she was rocking really hard with this in her mouth

This is just from the last 10 vlogs are so, and it's not all of it probably, just what was on the camera.
doggymayday
Gossiper
Gossiper

Why don't they give her unsweetened homemade tea to drink when they're out, in a bottle?

Well I know the answer, A is to lazy to bring food for E with her. I just don't get it. I can't tell you how many times I've seen moms in restaurants or in cafes with baby food they brought with them.
proudmama
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

doggymayday wrote:Why don't they give her unsweetened homemade tea to drink when they're out, in a bottle?

Well I know the answer, A is to lazy to bring food for E with her. I just don't get it. I can't tell you how many times I've seen moms in restaurants or in cafes with baby food they brought with them.
Why would you give tea to a baby? :? Breastmilk or formula is what she needs.

Also, those pics you posted of E's foods I noticed the only vegetables she seems to get are cucumbers and tomatoes. There's hardly any variety. It's all foods that are too difficult to chew, sugar, and carbs. Worst diet ever for a baby.
hellohellohello
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hellohellohello »

My first reaction to the vlog was that maybe Anna had read comments about her behavior and set out to improve herself. That stopped when they let the dogs swarm around her while those two morons played with Albi in the stroller. Poor Emilia was sitting on the floor while dogs snarled all around her and you could tell in her face that she was worried and wanted to be comforted.
savetheempire
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by savetheempire »

Props to you doggymayday!

Now we can REALLY see why their baby is obese. I just want to be clear that this is entirely a reflection on A&J and not Emilia. Lord knows A will take any opportunity to say, "People make fun of my kid on the internet." No, bitch, we're saying you're a bad parent. Your baby has zero choice in what to eat. It's all your fault.
Kayw4
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kayw4 »

doggymayday wrote:Why don't they give her unsweetened homemade tea to drink when they're out, in a bottle?

Tea is *not* good for babies. If its herbal tea, it has a medicinal affect on an infant. If its black, white or green, it has caffeine in it. If they're going to give her something besides breastmilk, it should be water or formula.

I also wanted to address the Cheerios thing. Cheerios are an age-appropriate food. The texture is such that it sticks to the tongue and won't be inhaled. It also dissolves quickly when wet, making it easy for babies to break down. When my daughter was wee, we went to a paediatric nutritionist, and she assured us that Cheerios were a-okay!

Also, we do baby-led weaning, but we would never do it the way A&J are doing it. Age appropriate foods that they can handle and feed themselves is the name of the BLW game. We do fruit slices (nectarine and pear and banana slices are a fave of my son), berries (raspberries are good, and blueberries are good if you cut them in half first), diced soft-cooked meats, rice, toast fingers, noodles, steamed veggies, etc. my son is one week younger than E, and while I loathe comparing babies since they are all so different, I wouldn't dare give him whole grapes, muesli, processed meats, or cheese chunks.

ETA: I breastfeed, and my son is still nursing every four to five hours, which is normal for a baby his age. He has had water, but just sips here and there with meals.
Last edited by Kayw4 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dolliedays
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dolliedays »

How sad is it that it's easier to catch Anna holding her phone than her child? It's actually very hard to find an image or screen shot of her holding Emelia that is not a posed picture or OOTD.

Unread post by Guest »

Those screen shots are just awful. You don't need to have children to know what an appropriate diet for a baby of E's age is.

Cheerios can still be choked on, therefore for a young baby surely breaking them up in at least halves and either feeding them to her or monitering her feeding herself is better safe than sorry. Juice, a little bit of pure fruit juice heavily diluted is okay every so often so you don't have too much sugar. When eating out if they are too lazy to bring their own home made purees, shops sell organic jars or you could ask the cafe to puree some vegetables or fruit, there is no reason why E has to have such a poor diet.

What the hell is Anna always on her phone for, she should be captivated by her baby.
doggymayday
Gossiper
Gossiper

proudmama wrote:

Also, those pics you posted of E's foods I noticed the only vegetables she seems to get are cucumbers and tomatoes. There's hardly any variety. It's all foods that are too difficult to chew, sugar, and carbs. Worst diet ever for a baby.
I'm far away from having kids, so I only know what I see, and I've seen moms give kids fruit tea, instead of just water... but not instead of breast milk. is breast milk even enough for a kid, if it's thirsty? When they start walking and stuff?
doggymayday
Gossiper
Gossiper

Kayw4 wrote:
Tea is *not* good for babies. If its herbal tea, it has a medicinal affect on an infant. If its black, white or green, it has caffeine in it. If they're going to give her something besides breastmilk, it should be water or formula.
No, no, not that type of tea. I meant fruit tea, like you take a bag of strawberry and make tea with like 1 liter of water, so it's not too strong. For when the child is thirsty? There are also some types made for small children, that I've seen at the store.

Like I said, I don't have kids yet. I've seen people do it (not as a substitute to milk, just as extra fluids), I probably had some as a little kid myself...
dolliedays
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dolliedays »

This is an article I think all parents should read.. It made an impact on me and I wish Anna would read it too. Especially the last line.. my heart sank when I read this : One day, sooner than you realize, you will be with your child, wanting to talk. But she’ll be too busy. Talking to someone who isn’t there. And why not? You weren’t there when she was.

Read more: http://ideas.time.com/2012/05/17/why-ce ... z2XS2Hg87f
http://ideas.time.com/2012/05/17/why-ce ... parenting/
proudmama
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

doggymayday wrote:
proudmama wrote:

I'm far away from having kids, so I only know what I see, and I've seen moms give kids fruit tea, instead of just water... but not instead of breast milk. is breast milk even enough for a kid, if it's thirsty? When they start walking and stuff?
Yes, breastmilk is enough fluids wise, even for older babies. A toddler could certainly get by on breastmilk as long as solids are given as well. Water in small amounts is fine but should never replace breastmilk or formula. Breastfeeding is recommended by the World Health Organization for a minimum of two years because of the immense benefits to the child. Whole milk shouldn't be introduced until at least one year of age so I don't know why A&J are giving it to E. Too much dairy can actually cause iron deficiency anemia in babies and toddlers.
doggymayday
Gossiper
Gossiper

In my opinion, cow's milk has no special good nutritional value anyways.. so I see no point in giving it to anyone. The same goes for too much dairy products. A lot of people are lactose intolerant anyways, just don't notice it fast enough.

Return to “TheStyleDiet/SacconeJolys”