E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

justkidding
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Unread post by justkidding »

I’m pretty sure E&J had a dinner date on an earlier video. I’ve never gone on a family cruise. I just assumed they offered a babysitter service. I even wondered if the Tiffany’s footage was from the same day as the dinner date vlog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Scar2016 wrote:Ref the bath bombs in yesterday's vlog. The first time I watched, Ellie gave the boys a bath bomb each and she filmed it and Jared kept it in the vlog. The reason I remember this is because when she gave Cal his bath bomb he licked it and I remember thinking it reminded me of when babies do it as their means of sensory input and that most two and half year old's have outgrown that stage.

Anyway I went to re watch that part again and it's been edited out. Why would they go to the trouble of editing it out if they don't think Cal has anything concerning going on? Odd.
I remember seeing that as well, why in the world can I not find it now? I remember thinking it was odd that he licked the bath bomb, but I can't imagine why they would publish it, and then edit it out and re-publish it. I wonder if someone left them a comment that made them realize it was concerning. Super strange!
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

Are you a new watcher?[/quote]
Nope. I agree with most people on most things in this thread. I definitely think the way E and J encourage the screeching instead of talking is not appropriate. But I guess I have never understood what is particularly unlikable about Calvin. Of course there's a speech problem and there's a frustration problem and all that, but my point was that in yesterday's vlog particularly, I didn't understand what was so unlikable about him. Maybe I misunderstood the comments.[/quote]
Its Ellie and Jared and the way they treat him and the way they treat Jackson especially Ellie. She always brings the story back to Cal and how he likes something she ignores Jackson and pretty well has since Calvin was a baby. It makes you cheer for the underdog. Calvin to most eyes does nothing special and we listened to the screaching for months until they stopped filming it. They taught Jackson so well please and thank you and to sign. CAlvin was taught nothing. There parenting skills changed from too much on Jackson to nothong on Calvin afain E&J FAult. Its not one particular vlog it is over 2 years of vlogs. A perfect example is this past spring 2017 they went to a little farm animal day. Jackson watched the bears held a chicken went on a train ride and rode a mechanical bull without falling. Cal touch a sheep and it was named after him and the thumbnail was him touching the sheep which Jacks did to. I will try to find the name. There is 2 vlogs on different years.[/quote]
Baby calvin reaction to adorable baby animals April 2017. Take the time to watch the whole vlog. Jacks stayed on the bull he was the only one that did(of couse slower for him) but listen to Ellie after everyone is off the bull. She said she won because he didnt put his arm in the air not sure if she is talking to him or jared but pretty sure she was referring to him.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Ellie looks like shes letting herself go. She as always seemed to take pride in her appearance (almost to a fault) but she has looked positively awful this whole trip. I know it's vacation and who cares, but for Ellie thats a BIG DEAL. She always wants to be the best looking thing in the room. Even on Formal Night her hair looked bad, her makeup looked bad. I don't know if she's just stopped caring or if her health is really starting to take a toll on her so much that makeup and hairspray won't cover it up anymore.. She honestly looks the worst i have ever seen her in these vlogs.
I honestly think she's of the illusion that her ultra expensive skin care routine has given her the freedom to go foundation and concealer-less (haha). Honestly, half of me wants to think "good for her" and the other half is like "....girl, r u ok, wyd??" Lol

Regardless, I agree with you. It does seem like she's letting herself go because even on her "no makeup" days, she would always wear concealer. I just can't tell if she's actually letting herself go, or if she has just gained more confidence and has begun to care less about what people think. I'm so torn. Haha
Ellie seems to be working with her colorist to get her hair as platinum blonde as possible as of late. It really washes her out and ages her. I'm also 26, and I can't believe Ellie and I are the same age. To me Ellie looks a lot more like Ruby than Julie, even though there's a nine year age difference. That could be related to the weight loss as well, but that hair with her coloring just does not work.
Mom2two
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mom2two »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Ellie looks like shes letting herself go. She as always seemed to take pride in her appearance (almost to a fault) but she has looked positively awful this whole trip. I know it's vacation and who cares, but for Ellie thats a BIG DEAL. She always wants to be the best looking thing in the room. Even on Formal Night her hair looked bad, her makeup looked bad. I don't know if she's just stopped caring or if her health is really starting to take a toll on her so much that makeup and hairspray won't cover it up anymore.. She honestly looks the worst i have ever seen her in these vlogs.
I honestly think she's of the illusion that her ultra expensive skin care routine has given her the freedom to go foundation and concealer-less (haha). Honestly, half of me wants to think "good for her" and the other half is like "....girl, r u ok, wyd??" Lol

Regardless, I agree with you. It does seem like she's letting herself go because even on her "no makeup" days, she would always wear concealer. I just can't tell if she's actually letting herself go, or if she has just gained more confidence and has begun to care less about what people think. I'm so torn. Haha
Ellie seems to be working with her colorist to get her hair as platinum blonde as possible as of late. It really washes her out and ages her. I'm also 26, and I can't believe Ellie and I are the same age. To me Ellie looks a lot more like Ruby than Julie, even though there's a nine year age difference. That could be related to the weight loss as well, but that hair with her coloring just does not work.
Ellie is 26? There's no way. I thought she was like 34.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

I am refusing to watch the cruise vlogs. I havent watched since their last pre-break vlog. I did have a glips at her insta story though, her face has matured, whatever shes done to it doesnt look great.

Julie vs Ellie. I think Ellie feels intimidated by Julie, btw. I think all the sisters get along great together and when Ellie gets in the picture it's weird.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
minmouse wrote:I believe Disney offers a babysitting service (for a fee) so that may be what they did.
They do, but it is in a centre (nursery) and has to be booked well in advance (they recommend 90 days or more).

They may have "in room" sitting as well (like the hotels do), but the kids weren't in the room.
Don't forget they got a major Disney hookup for this cruise. Even their table companions were Disney Cruise staff members - probably PR people. I'm sure they were given whatever they wanted and probably paid nothing for extra services.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

ewokfan11 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
minmouse wrote:I believe Disney offers a babysitting service (for a fee) so that may be what they did.
They do, but it is in a centre (nursery) and has to be booked well in advance (they recommend 90 days or more).

They may have "in room" sitting as well (like the hotels do), but the kids weren't in the room.
Don't forget they got a major Disney hookup for this cruise. Even their table companions were Disney Cruise staff members - probably PR people. I'm sure they were given whatever they wanted and probably paid nothing for extra services.
According to literally every post you make You Tubers never pay for anything Image We get it, they get lots for free, but sometimes they really are actually spending money.

Anyway.... I wasn't questioning paying the money for nursery searches, free or but they could afford it, but why they would have booked in for after dinner and why we didn't see anything about the Tiffany visit. It's unlikely they kept two spots free in Nursery Care the whole trip just in case E&J decided they wanted to drop in at any moment. They were even told they weren't getting special treatment.

I've used Nursery Care, and that shit books up STAT. Drop ins don't usually happen.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:According to literally every post you make You Tubers never pay for anything Image We get it, they get lots for free, but sometimes they really are actually spending money.

Anyway.... I wasn't questioning paying the money for nursery searches, free or but they could afford it, but why they would have booked in for after dinner and why we didn't see anything about the Tiffany visit. It's unlikely they kept two spots free in Nursery Care the whole trip just in case E&J decided they wanted to drop in at any moment. They were even told they weren't getting special treatment.

I've used Nursery Care, and that shit books up STAT. Drop ins don't usually happen.
Free or not, E&J were VIP GUESTS with major connections on that cruise. They could probably get anything they wanted because of their status and Disney connections. It's A FACT that YTers get special treatment and free stuff ALL THE TIME. It's also NOT all I post about on this forum. You are sort of a meanie!!! Don't be so RUDE!
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

ewokfan11 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:According to literally every post you make You Tubers never pay for anything Image We get it, they get lots for free, but sometimes they really are actually spending money.

Free or not, E&J were VIP GUESTS with major connections on that cruise. They could probably get anything they wanted because of their status and Disney connections. It's A FACT that YTers get special treatment and free stuff ALL THE TIME. It's also NOT all I post about on this forum. You are sort of a meanie!!! Don't be so RUDE!
You do act like a bit of a know it all about all the freebies Tubers get, and you don't seem to actually have a lot of specifics to back it up. It's a bit like someone saying they KNOW a child his ASD... they really don't know. Another child may have had the same issues and it was something, but it could also be nothing. We don't know anything about you other than you supposedly are "in the business" but not gonna lie... your tone makes you sound like a child.

Anyway, I've been on many Disney cruises (do it!) and pretty much everything we saw Ellie and Jared doing was just a part of the luxury services. They aren't budget holidays. Everyone gets treated like they are special on a Disney Cruise and that's why I love them. The announcement when you walk on the ship is a great example of this! It really is that magical for everyone and I don't think E&J were being treated like VIPs because they would have pointed it out in a snotty and passive way (well, Ellie would have). I mean, they didn't even have reserved seating at the shows.

Speaking of free.... if you get $10K cruise package for free, but end up losing out on $15000 in revenue from views, then its' really not a great deal. I know people are pointing out that they didn't really take a break because they still vlogged, but I believe in their minds they feel they did because they gave up that weeks revenue since they failed to pre-film all the clips. To them it was a hardship because of the loss. Probably one of the more normal and relatable things that has had to them in the last few years. I can't believe how fast their views have fallen back down though!
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

HelloSweetie wrote:

I get what you were trying to say. The timeline is messed up. At dinner everyone is wearing different clothes than they are when Ellie and Jared go to Tiffany's (and Ellie's hair is different) and then later watching Peter Pan. Jared played around with the timeline a bit and borrowed clips. I haven't gone back to see what they were wearing when E&J had the kids in care, but I think it was probably the same day.

In the vlog they proudly mentioned that they watch a movie every night, and on Ellie's Instagram all week that's all she's been saying. Everyday they seem to watch a movie and E&J nap. Maybe Calvin would be faster to talk if his family actually spent time talking to and playing with him instead of just plunking him in front of another movie :?
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

menehune wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

I get what you were trying to say. The timeline is messed up. At dinner everyone is wearing different clothes than they are when Ellie and Jared go to Tiffany's (and Ellie's hair is different) and then later watching Peter Pan. Jared played around with the timeline a bit and borrowed clips. I haven't gone back to see what they were wearing when E&J had the kids in care, but I think it was probably the same day.

In the vlog they proudly mentioned that they watch a movie every night, and on Ellie's Instagram all week that's all she's been saying. Everyday they seem to watch a movie and E&J nap. Maybe Calvin would be faster to talk if his family actually spent time talking to and playing with him instead of just plunking him in front of another movie :?
I've never been on a disney cruise and havent been on any cruise for years but the kids club is just they go on right and the under 3 is what needs to be reserved . Is that correct? Even though I've never been on disney cruise i did check into it several years ago and didn't know you had to book for under 3. The night they went out for supper sure I heard Ellie say they had a babysitter. I'm sure i read before that in the under 3 and kids club they will bed them down if they are sleepy. I might of tead if you pay enough they will take them to the room.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

You need to register for both as it's limited. It's recommended to reserve the babysitting ahead of time, but the Oceaneer's Club is a sign them up in the morning thing and then you can do drop in and out all day for general play, providing they aren't being signed up for a specific activity. The special activities fill up fast and parents are usually lined up in the morning to get their kids on the list. The schedule for he next day doesn't come out until later the night before.

Hope this makes sense. It's the same as the system at Aulani in Hawaii.
staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by staceyeileen »

HelloSweetie wrote:You need to register for both as it's limited. It's recommended to reserve the babysitting ahead of time, but the Oceaneer's Club is a sign them up in the morning thing and then you can do drop in and out all day for general play, providing they aren't being signed up for a specific activity. The special activities fill up fast and parents are usually lined up in the morning to get their kids on the list. The schedule for he next day doesn't come out until later the night before.

That wasn't my experience at all with the Oceaneers Club. We dropped my son off whenever he wanted (which was often!), spur of the moment. You just have to sign them up for the club at the beginning of the cruise, but not for every activity or even every day. I do remember certain character greetings that we had to sign up for in advance, but that didn't have anything to do with Oceaneers Club.

Regarding the nursery for those under 3, the cost is $9/hour. Inexpensive, imo. Before boarding, I pre-arranged some times I knew that I wanted to drop my son off, but I was also able to walk in at least once that I remember and they had space.

We definitely take advantage of the childcare when we cruise!

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

staceyeileen wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:You need to register for both as it's limited. It's recommended to reserve the babysitting ahead of time, but the Oceaneer's Club is a sign them up in the morning thing and then you can do drop in and out all day for general play, providing they aren't being signed up for a specific activity. The special activities fill up fast and parents are usually lined up in the morning to get their kids on the list. The schedule for he next day doesn't come out until later the night before.

That wasn't my experience at all with the Oceaneers Club. We dropped my son off whenever he wanted (which was often!), spur of the moment. You just have to sign them up for the club at the beginning of the cruise, but not for every activity or even every day. I do remember certain character greetings that we had to sign up for in advance, but that didn't have anything to do with Oceaneers Club.

Regarding the nursery for those under 3, the cost is $9/hour. Inexpensive, imo. Before boarding, I pre-arranged some times I knew that I wanted to drop my son off, but I was also able to walk in at least once that I remember and they had space.

We definitely take advantage of the childcare when we cruise!

I stand corrected! I assumed the special activities were under the Oceaneer banner.

And thanks to the poster that pointed out the inconsistencies in the timeline by the shirts. I knew something didn't seem right with the timeline there.

So I'm assuming today's vlog of them last day was actually the last two days? The kids falling asleep was the 2nd to last day and the Tiffany trip and pizza at night was the last day? Maybe someone who watched more recently can recall if they mentioned it being the last night at dinner.
staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

HelloSweetie wrote:
canmom2 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: It annoyed me greatly that they were letting the kids get so far away where everyone else there would have to worry about tripping over them. Yes it's a dance party, but that doesn't mean the kids should be running around the place wherever they like. We didn't see any other kids doing that!
I go to Disney every year and my kids wait for their turn as the characters go around the rim for things like this. It drives me crazy when some parents just let their kids push in everywhere.

Where were the kids when E&J went to Tiffany? They also weren't there for awhile after. Cal is too little for the kids club so they weren't there. Did they just leave them at the restaurant?

Jackson is still such a sweet little guy, but I feel like his personality is changing. He is getting more of his parents loud and obnoxious traits. Jackson and Calvin are going to grow up to be loud, obnoxious and rude and it won't even be their fault. Ellie during the dance party wasn't fun, she was acting ridiculous.
Im pretty sure there is a nursery for kids under 3. Jackson was in the club because they came back they had Cal and not jacks they said he was at a party at his club. The night they went for special dinner they mentioned a babysitter. Was it this vlog or yesterday when Jackson was so happy to see Calvin when he came back from his club.
Could be, but then the timeline is weird. The nursery needs to be booked well in advance, so it seems strange that E&J planned ahead to have the kids be cared for AFTER dinner. Then again, maybe they had planned a huge vlog vented around Ellie's trip to Tiffany and then Jared decided against it. Good olannif he did.
I don't think it's strange at all to book the nursery after dinner. I think that is actually what most families do, unless they are doing a specialty restaurant like Palo where kids aren't allowed. It gives you adult time to enjoy the evening activities like shows, live music, etc. In fact, I know on Royal Caribbean they even have the camp staff come to the dining room halfway through dinner service to pick up the kids and bring them to the kids club (not sure if Disney does this too). The servers time it so that the kids have already eaten by the pickup time.

menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

Most parents looking to have an evening to themselves would probably prefer to have dinner alone and drop the kids off before dinner. Both the nursery care and kids clubs have a meal option.

But regardless of whether its' unusual or not to put your child in care and when, it is strange to DRESS DOWN after dinner for your evening out shopping. Ellie pulled her hair into a ponytail and Jared changed his shirt from a casual button up to a slouchy t-shirt. Weird wardrobe choice for a trip to a fancy jewelry store if you ask me. Not to mention, the boys were also in different clothes.

I don't care that they were in childcare, but I'm not going to pretend to not notice when theres some manipulation going on with the editing. I wonder how many days they actually filmed, or if they primarily filmed one day and just did some clever edits to make it seem like the whole trip?
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

That was a 4-day #AD on YT for Disney Cruises and that's their demo. I thought it looked pretty boring, but I'm not one for a Disney Cruise...or ANY Disney.

Does anyone know if they took this last week off too and are just starting fresh tomorrow? Or were they backlogging vlogs??
staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

menehune wrote:Most parents looking to have an evening to themselves would probably prefer to have dinner alone and drop the kids off before dinner. Both the nursery care and kids clubs have a meal option.

But regardless of whether its' unusual or not to put your child in care and when, it is strange to DRESS DOWN after dinner for your evening out shopping. Ellie pulled her hair into a ponytail and Jared changed his shirt from a casual button up to a slouchy t-shirt. Weird wardrobe choice for a trip to a fancy jewelry store if you ask me. Not to mention, the boys were also in different clothes.

I don't care that they were in childcare, but I'm not going to pretend to not notice when theres some manipulation going on with the editing. I wonder how many days they actually filmed, or if they primarily filmed one day and just did some clever edits to make it seem like the whole trip?
They did do dinner on their own when they went toiPalo (no kids allowed). Dinner in the main dining rooms is usually fun for the kids. They do things like the animation show and pirate night. Just my experience having been on that ship. Regardless, I don't know how showing clips out of order amounts to any kind of manipulation. Manipulation to what end exactly?

canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

Ive been on other cruises carnival and you didnt have to sign up for kids club but never used the under 3 but i like i said it was several years. Thought thats what Jackson bracelet was for. My sister went on a disney cruise but her little one wouldnt go in the over 3 club. She never went to daycare and was not yet in school( starts at 5 here).

Return to “Ellie and Jared”