C&K: The Struggle is Real...ly Hard to Relate (Part 14)

madi_b_123
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: The Struggle is Real...ly Hard to Relate (Part 14)

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

Like I've mentioned before I'm about to graduate with a social work degree, so I probably have a different perspective than most people. I, however, am so pleased to see Cullen (and Katie to a certain degree) being so supportive of Brittany. Being in prison and having a substance abuse problem is stigmatizing enough. Brittany is so lucky to have familial support during such a huge transition in her life. I think it's so great that they included her in the vlogs and treated her as normal as possible given the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ewokfan11 wrote:Oops, I hadn't seen the posts about not writing here about Britany. I know over on GG the It's Judy's Life thread is almost 50% posts about her BIL who also went to jail - but he also did some YT.

It is good to see her again. I hope she gets her life back on track. Could she be doing her work release at the high school? I don't see any other reason they'd revisit their old high school to do paperwork.

I wonder if she and her boyfriend were together before she was arrested??
I hope not. He was part of the crime. Associating with him probably would violate her probation. And she was also caught with contraband in October 2015, so does that make twice?
I don't think people are going overboard about her past on here. People aren't rubbing their hands together in glee over Cullen's fallen sister. I think people are being pretty respectful. Most want her to do well and be ok.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Lovethesnark wrote:
askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Two questions.. idk if anyone knows the answer or not.. how long has she been locked up, and how long ago was it that she was last caught with drugs (in jail I mean)?
She was put in jail in Oct 2015, and found with contraband Dec 2015

she went to jail before Oct 2015. That seems like when was sentenced for the original crime. Gaines was a year old at that point. Brittany was in county jail when Cullen's dad died. That was in the spring of 2015? I remember she was in a few of the Target balling pics before Cullen's dad moved in.
Yes I should have said sentenced in Oct 2015

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

C&K: The Struggle is Real...ly Hard to Relate (Part 14)

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I think that they were at the high school getting records for her. I wonder she’s going to try to go to college?

How do we know that’s the same boyfriend she had whenever she was convicted? I just heard Cullen call him Chad.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I think that they were at the high school getting records for her. I wonder she’s going to try to go to college?

How do we know that’s the same boyfriend she had whenever she was convicted? I just heard Cullen call him Chad.
He's not that one. The boyfriend she was caught with had a different name. But dang, that's fast work. Right out of jail and a boyfriend? Wonder what her sponsor says...
None of my business, I know.

pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

madi_b_123 wrote:Like I've mentioned before I'm about to graduate with a social work degree, so I probably have a different perspective than most people. I, however, am so pleased to see Cullen (and Katie to a certain degree) being so supportive of Brittany. Being in prison and having a substance abuse problem is stigmatizing enough. Brittany is so lucky to have familial support during such a huge transition in her life. I think it's so great that they included her in the vlogs and treated her as normal as possible given the situation.

OT but I'm about to graduate with my HBSW too at the end of this month :) I'm glad that they are supporting her as well, she needs a strong support system.
#FreeFinleyandJackson
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Totally different subject, but we were talking about Missy working out on the DB thread. Is Katie still using her Fitbit and tracking steps?

yeahyeahyeah6
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by yeahyeahyeah6 »

madi_b_123 wrote:I'm pretty sure they called Britney to announce they were pregnant with Brooks and it was in the pregnancy announcement video. I think they've always just said she was "out of state"

You’re exactly right. They always just say “she’s in town today” or “she lives out of town”.

yeahyeahyeah6
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by yeahyeahyeah6 »

askeptichere wrote:OK today's vlog was really sweet. I even started to tear up when Britney asked Gaines for another hug. I hope she's able to get back on her feet and do well.

It's interesting to watch it from our point of view knowing that she just got out of prison after years. She got to experience a hoverboard for the first time, she didn't seem to know what a bath bomb was, eat a funnel cake at a carnival for the first time in forever. I hope she takes her experience and realizes she now has a second chance at her life.
It would be awesome to see her in the vlogs as continues to hopefully stay out of trouble. It was so sweet to see the way she was with Gaines.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

lmmomSD wrote:Totally different subject, but we were talking about Missy working out on the DB thread. Is Katie still using her Fitbit and tracking steps?

She still wears urban everyday and meantions it time to time.
aggieyorkie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by aggieyorkie »

Can't stand how Cullen undermined Katie (and himself) by letting her try that raw dough. I know it won't kill her but it's setting them up for more struggles. And then how Brooks was hitting Cullen while he laughed and Katie had to be the "bad cop". What a man child.....
cynthiadancer
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cynthiadancer »

lmmomSD wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:I think that they were at the high school getting records for her. I wonder she’s going to try to go to college?

He's not that one. The boyfriend she was caught with had a different name. But dang, that's fast work. Right out of jail and a boyfriend? Wonder what her sponsor says...

Based on Instagram I'm pretty certain that's the same guy she was with before. She moved in with him.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

cynthiadancer wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

Based on Instagram I'm pretty certain that's the same guy she was with before. She moved in with him.
Hmm. Maybe it was just a roommate that she was caught dealing with. Because hanging out with the guy she got arrested with, especially moving in with him, would violate her parole, likely. You're not supposed to associate with felons.
And Cullen tacitly approves of bad behavior often. They were out in the golf cart in Florida, and Gaines was hitting things (including him), saying "Bad Daddy! Bad camera! Bad cart!" And Cullen just sat there laughing and filming away. Never said "We don't hit". He handled her trouble at school well, but when he's actually present when the kids act out, he's on their side for vlog footage.

canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:Much of it is keeping up with the joneses too. It goes along with the big house, expensive cars, skybox lifestyle. It’s a status symbol.

Exactly. It's expected in their social circle for the kids to show up at every event in a new monogrammed outfit.

It's all part of Katie having certain ideas about how things should be because of her upbringing.
Is it a southern thing to have your name on the front of your clothes or initials. Not something you see around here
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

canmom2 wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:Much of it is keeping up with the joneses too. It goes along with the big house, expensive cars, skybox lifestyle. It’s a status symbol.

Exactly. It's expected in their social circle for the kids to show up at every event in a new monogrammed outfit.

It's all part of Katie having certain ideas about how things should be because of her upbringing.
Is it a southern thing to have your name on the front of your clothes or initials. Not something you see around here
It’s really popular in the south. It extends beyond clothes. They’ll put it on anything.
prettypink-dreamer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by prettypink-dreamer »

Today’s vlog was so cute! I actually smiled through the whole thing. Brooke’s laugh at the end is gorgeous, it’s amazing how much both B & G look nothing like each other! She’s so petite!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

I haven't been watching c&k that long maybe since Christmas. I found them from E&J. What was his sister in jail for? selling drugs? When did this happen. Would it be talked about on a vlog.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Why does Cullen’s mom (Grandberry) only ever post pictures with Gaines or Brooks? Doesn’t she have other grandkids? Who she just saw today? Yet still posted a picture with only Gaines?
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

marshmallowfluf wrote:Why does Cullen’s mom (Grandberry) only ever post pictures with Gaines or Brooks? Doesn’t she have other grandkids? Who she just saw today? Yet still posted a picture with only Gaines?
I don’t think the other two grandchildren are Grandberry’s biological grandchildren. From what I’ve gathered, Rachel is Cullen’s half-sister in his fathers side (from a previous marriage/relationship). From what I’ve seen, Grandberry has never seemed close to Rachel. She visits Annie in NC, Brittany has been away, and we all know how much Grandberry loves G&B.

boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

auntasaurus19 wrote:
marshmallowfluf wrote:Why does Cullen’s mom (Grandberry) only ever post pictures with Gaines or Brooks? Doesn’t she have other grandkids? Who she just saw today? Yet still posted a picture with only Gaines?
I don’t think the other two grandchildren are Grandberry’s biological grandchildren. From what I’ve gathered, Rachel is Cullen’s half-sister in his fathers side (from a previous marriage/relationship). From what I’ve seen, Grandberry has never seemed close to Rachel. She visits Annie in NC, Brittany has been away, and we all know how much Grandberry loves G&B.

Yeah, Rachel is not GrandBerry's daughter. So Gaines and Brooks are her only grandchildren.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”