True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyDoseofClickbait (Part 96)

Unread post by cat9480 »

JVK19 wrote:I'm calling it right now....Halloween pregnancy announcement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, I could see that happening. Lots of their little minions remember her saying no baby in 2017, so they could easily be using this Q&A to cover for that. They only do Q&As when it somehow suits them - they *knew* if they asked for questions on twitter, someone would ask about a baby/pregnancy. Perfect way to casually bring it up in the vlog and make it look like they were planning this all along.

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

I also think they might be setting up to take a day off and do a weekly Q&A livestream.

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

It doesn't surprise me that they're pulling out all the stops with click bait. Revenue is on a steady downturn for them. They're we're pulling in $100k+ a month in the spring/summer, and their numbers are consistently lower each month.
I posted this screen grab from vidiq on Sept. 25Image

This one is from today. Views, subs and revenue are all down, and have been for a while.Image
:roll:
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

I think the sole reason of the pregnancy clickbait and subsequent Q&A was to get kids to watch so they could show off their merch to as many viewers as possible. Seemed like a calculated business move to me.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I watched a few videos of creators ( Like real content creators) up in arms over the adsense revenue.
You'd think mimi, papa, and jimmy would have their own channels. Same with Ollie and Finn.. That 5 new revenue sources

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Theirmom wrote:It doesn't surprise me that they're pulling out all the stops with click bait. Revenue is on a steady downturn for them. They're we're pulling in $100k+ a month in the spring/summer, and their numbers are consistently lower each month.

This one is from today. Views, subs and revenue are all down, and have been for a while.Image
They are scrambling to get views. I think school starting back has a lot to do with the views as well, they have to pull out all the stops.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Theirmom wrote:It doesn't surprise me that they're pulling out all the stops with click bait. Revenue is on a steady downturn for them. They're we're pulling in $100k+ a month in the spring/summer, and their numbers are consistently lower each month.

This seems to be happening to a lot of the vlogging channels that were thriving just a year ago. I can't look E&J up on Vidiq, but on SB their numbers have been half what they were a year ago. As a vlogger, do you think this is a matter of YT changing, it channels getting tired, boring and losing appeal?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:

This seems to be happening to a lot of the vlogging channels that were thriving just a year ago. I can't look E&J up on Vidiq, but on SB their numbers have been half what they were a year ago. As a vlogger, do you think this is a matter of YT changing, it channels getting tired, boring and losing appeal?
DB doesnt seem to be tanking as fast as E&J have. I think people are just getting fed up with or bored with E&J. Something is making their views fall very quickly.
8elz
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 8elz »

queentee20 wrote:Hmm the fact that she’s not working out anymore could signal pregnancy. HOWEVER, I don’t agree with people saying she’ll be upset if she has another boy because no matter what she’s lazy AF and the baby will be treated just like Fin regardless of gender.... having a girl will NOT magically make her a better mom
I think she'll be super excited at the gender reveal if it's a girl and show obvious gender disappointment again if it's a boy. Then when she's first born they'll make a bigger deal than they did about Finn being born or if it's a boy, he won't get much except a video that's for the views/money not the baby itself. Also, the minions will give them shit for "not choosing" to have a girl because you know, when they contacted the stork company, they should have requested a girl, duh ImageImage

After that point, I agree with you, she won't be any different. Baby girl/boy will be forced to nap 23.5 hours a day because otherwise they'll be taking Missy away from her phone and she'll have to actually parent them. But I definitely think she will be upset if it's a boy, it was obvious in Finn's gender reveal that she was. She had completely convinced herself it was a girl and when it wasn't, she was not impressed Image

coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

I get about 3 million people is a lot, but it doesn't compare to the supposed 7.5 billion on the Earth! Not everyone knows Ollie! If anything, there would be 10-12 year olds noticing him. Kids his aren't interested in vlogging (overall). They're interested in the content B&M should be putting on a kid's channel!

Great! They're having a child to feed terrible food to, and teach to hurt Finn. Sorry, I mean OLLIE and Finn...

If it's a girl, Missy will probably start making baby food again, changing her nursery setup once a week, getting her new clothes every time they go to Target, so on. I agree Ollie gets lots of attention, but I would genuinely feel bad for him if they start ignoring him too. He may have soulless eyes, but he still has feelings!

One more thought, what if they just ignored all three of their kids if they just got tired of Ollie and the third?
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

They have 68k views after 6 hours .. Jake Paul has 289k after 51 minutes

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

HelloSweetie wrote: As a vlogger, do you think this is a matter of YT changing, it channels getting tired, boring and losing appeal?
I'm no expert, but I think these mega vloggers are in decline because they're fake. They got popular because they were real. Relatable. When they got rich and famous, viewers stuck it out because it's awesome to see someone you like be successful.
But when the fame and money get out of hand, and you're no longer relatable, fans turn on you.

These are family vloggers. Their target audience is middle class families and kids. They didn't claim fame by being notorious, boisterous, spoiled and wasteful spenders.
They're trying to grab Paul brother success by acting like spoiled rich kids without a care in the world.
They're trying to grab toy channel success by spoiling their kids daily.
They're trying to grab fitness channel success by working out and using step counters.
They're trying to grab music industry success with Bryan's albums.

They're spreading themselves too thin with their fake content, and it's driving away their core audience.

When I watch family vlogs, I want to see family vlogging. Not whatever couple of minutes you force for the camera between conference calls with your sponsors. I want to see what you did that day, not a clip of you saying "we did something really fun that we can't share with you yet". I want REAL, not YouTube Kardashians.

But that's just me.
:roll:
Kish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Kish »

Playsinrain wrote:So what did they do with all the lunchboxes and backpacks they never sold last time? They are very Rugrats looking. Who want's t give their kids a white backpack? They really didn't think that through. Those backpacks will look so nasty after a week. They really must be strapped for cash.

I also gotta say that I find cartoon!Ollie and cartoon!Finn on the merchandise to be quite creepy-looking. I already wasn’t a fan of the cartoons Baylee Jae drew for them (didn’t they call them ‘Liddles’ or something?) but these new character designs are worse and not even that well drawn

They seemingly couldn’t hire a better artist ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Kish wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:So what did they do with all the lunchboxes and backpacks they never sold last time? They are very Rugrats looking. Who want's t give their kids a white backpack? They really didn't think that through. Those backpacks will look so nasty after a week. They really must be strapped for cash.

I also gotta say that I find cartoon!Ollie and cartoon!Finn on the merchandise to be quite creepy-looking. I already wasn’t a fan of the cartoons Baylee Jae drew for them (didn’t they call them ‘Liddles’ or something?) but these new character designs are worse and not even that well drawn

Those cartoons were awful. I do like the colors of the backpack, they just aren’t practical.
I like the DB logo shirts better, but man. That logo is so lopsided or uneven... something is off about it (I’ve noticed it as soon as they changed it.). I’m no graphic designer but even I can see that it’s just poorly shaped or something.
100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

You could tell when they were talking in the car that Bryan had forgotten that Finn had a birthday coming up. I have a feeling his party is going to be thrown together and overshadowed by their big Halloween noisefest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I no longer watch DB because I'm only on mobile for now and I can't skip their ads. If I can skip the one in the beginning, there is always another that's not skippable.

So did they say they were trying or planning to try?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Cgl33 wrote:I no longer watch DB because I'm only on mobile for now and I can't skip their ads. If I can skip the one in the beginning, there is always another that's not skippable.

So did they say they were trying or planning to try?
I got two unskippable Ads :roll:
Oh and neither. Lol they just said they do want more kids and hopefully “soon” also very quick to say they would be happy with a boy or a girl.
brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

Ollie stretching out Finn's face - that turned into "cute Finn face" - wow can BryLard write a Parenting book already, he's so good at it - NOT!! hahaha I find it hilarious that Ollie is saying something in the shirt, the kid only knows like 3 words so they could have filled up all of them with his vocabulary! Who is going to buy their crap?? Wasn't Finn supposed to get a haircut? I guess it wasn't a priority as usual! Missy should actually get a tracking device for her things since she's always clueless and leaving things everywhere! Ollie looking all over the place while saying "Uhh hey guys...I'm playing" - this kid is just a programmed Robot with Finn and his runny nose not far behind!
coolusername1236
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by coolusername1236 »

Kish wrote:

I agree! Before they closed in on the shirt, I thought Finn was a girl!
wandering_meg
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by wandering_meg »

Why does Missy call Finns matted hair a dreadlock? She needs to start brushing his hair!!

Return to “Daily Bumps”