E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I wonder if they'll upgrade the camper next year since they'll have a bigger vehicle to pull it with.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Pency »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I wonder if they'll upgrade the camper next year since they'll have a bigger vehicle to pull it with.
Of course they will, unless their views keep tanking. I never pay attention to this stuff, anybody have any idea how things are going now that the cruise vlogs are over?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Pency wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I wonder if they'll upgrade the camper next year since they'll have a bigger vehicle to pull it with.
Of course they will, unless their views keep tanking. I never pay attention to this stuff, anybody have any idea how things are going now that the cruise vlogs are over?
Views are up from where they were pre-mc, but still trending downward. It's unlikely they will be making $80k a month again anytime soon.
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

The camper they never use to begin with Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

RecklessDisregard wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
RecklessDisregard wrote:Oh good grief. 5 green beans. Some part of her likes that this charade is so public, and likes that her minions think "Ellie is so thin, she eats like a bird." Because there is certainly a way to veg-load your plates (sorry, I meant saucers) and make it seem like you've eaten something more substantial without eating more than a bite or 2 each of meat and potatoes.

ETA: I'm reminded of that scene in Secretary where James Spader tells Maggie Gyllenhaal to eat 3 peas at dinner. But she at least gets ice cream.
LOL at the Secretary reference! Didn't she get a bite of mashed potatoes, too?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Creamed potatoes!
OMG Secretary!!! "And then ALLLL the ice cream you want." Her family member's faces at dinner, lol! Sorry I love that movie. James Spader was :love2: :love2:
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

Jackson really looks like Jared in this video. He acts a lot older than he is. I love how sweet he is to grandma great and he saved the shells for grandpa too. God I love that kid. Seriously how many kids would come in and be so happy to see grandma great and continue to talk to her. Calvin was cute too even though he was mad he handled it like a 2 year old but did noticed Jacket wasnt on him when he was outside.
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

Double post but one more thing. Grandma/pa Mecham usually go visit grandma great with them interesting they were not there. I blame Ellie it is clear they haven't been getting a long for a long time. I noticed it before E&J got the grass and trees. Again probably because Ellie is jealous as they are so likeable.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Right now Bonnie and Joel are at $24,000+ a month with no network.
E and J are at 17,000 a month with a network taking 30% of that.

They are going to go broke. They won’t be able to maintain their lifestyle much longer.
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:Right now Bonnie and Joel are at $24,000+ a month with no network.

They are going to go broke. They won’t be able to maintain their lifestyle much longer.
Thats still way more than an average family makes and they get everything for free. We are all pretty sure the cruise was free. They kinda said the van was free. All the trips for meetings could be written off in taxes. They really dont eat out that often they are living the high and mighty lifestyle but it is pretty well all free. They never said it but their last disney trip was probably a freebie. They generally stay in regular hotels . This time they stayed on site. They did nention parksaver website a few times so it was probably got lightup shoes at parksaver. The carebear was business so that trip would of been paid. The only one that was probably there own money was the north carolina trip and that was divided among the familyso not as bad as it seems.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

canmom2 wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:Right now Bonnie and Joel are at $24,000+ a month with no network.

Thats still way more than an average family makes and they get everything for free. We are all pretty sure the cruise was free. They kinda said the van was free. All the trips for meetings could be written off in taxes. They really dont eat out that often they are living the high and mighty lifestyle but it is pretty well all free. They never said it but their last disney trip was probably a freebie. They generally stay in regular hotels . This time they stayed on site. They did nention parksaver website a few times so it was probably got lightup shoes at parksaver. The carebear was business so that trip would of been paid. The only one that was probably there own money was the north carolina trip and that was divided among the familyso not as bad as it seems.
Ehhh, if they are making $17k a month, take out $5 grand for the network, about $4k for taxes, who knows what their mortgage is but I'm betting it's about $1500/month, then health insurance premiums, utilities, food, etc. They get *extras* for free, but nobody is paying their mortgage or bills.

Still enough to maintain a comfortable lifestyle but by no means raking it in, and with a downward trend on views....eek.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

canmom2 wrote:

Sure its more then the average family, BUT its not enough for the life theyre living now.
Writing things off on taxes doesnt mean you dont pay for them, you just get to use the expense against your income to reduce amount youre taxed on, you still have to pay for those expenses to "write them off".

Theyre living a life that can't be maintained without BIG money. And when youtube is done and theyre not popular anymore there isnt a job that Jared could do to bring in that much money. I hope they have a padded savings account, but with the house and all the shopping, and paying people on their payroll, I really doubt they have much left.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

The argument that everything is free drives me crazy. You Tubers upgrade their lifestyles and spend a lot more money. No, that won't be sustainable post-YT unless they are saving EVERYTHING. They are too young to retire, and Jared will have no hope of even making a 6 figure job.

Write offs aren't free. Its a discount. They bought an expensive house and outed a ridiculous amount of money into designer furniture and landscaping. They purchased the 4 wheeler and trailer, the travel trailer and are planning on buying a new SUV. All that wasn't free. They also need to carry insurance on them all. The more toys you have, the more storage insurance you need. Plus Ellie shops A LOT. She has at least two cooler bags that were $300, and a face regime and Lush habit thgat are a few hundreds a month. They designed that house and grew accustomed to a lifestyle with $80k a month only a year ago. Let's not forget the 9% for tithing and this is all assuming they write everything off and don't have to pay any tax.

Where is the money for the boys University or missions? Where is the savings for heir daughter's wedding? How about retirement? I know they can't be saving for these things because we gross more than they are projected and more than half our income goes to long-term savings so our lifestyle can continue into retirement. $200K a year may seem like a ton of money, but if you are spending it on frivolous things it goes fast. E&J are going to put themselves in the same position Jared's parents were in.

Numbers don't lie. Let's say YT had another good 10 years of income before they need to move on. Let's also be generous and say they have saved up $100k in emergency savings, and that Jared will find a job that pays $80K a year. For E&J to keep their house and current lifestyle, they would need to have $5.8 M saved in the next 10 years. This will give them enough to continue to top up their income to its current standards so they don't experience a fall. Any way you look at it, their money won't last long-term and they aren't making enough to save the large amounts they would need to in order to maintain.

For comparison, look at Ruby and Bonnie. They haven't upgraded largely, and must be saving a lot for the future. Kevin has kept his job and continues to bring in a 6 figure income on his own, and Joel will undoubtedly start a business with the money saved. Their homes are also likely paid off, and if not it's only because it was wiser to invest the money elsewhere.

Bottom line is that E&J may get a lot of freebies, but the lifestyle Ellie has grown accustomed to just isn't sustainable with their current channel numbers.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

The ice palace, all the furnishings, the rock quarry mini golf course, the huge ass hot tub, the camper, a new car they are about to buy, Ellie's room full of online shopping crap, Tiffany's jewelry... All of that still has to be paid for. A free trip here and there isn't having their bills paid. And someone else also said it, all the utilities etc.. none of that is being comped. they might be paying the bills now, but with the downward trend, adding a new baby (if and when that happens) along with those medical bills, they won't be able to keep up long. At this rate they will be selling the ice palace and downsizing in the next 5 years.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Playsinrain wrote:The ice palace, all the furnishings, the rock quarry mini golf course, the huge ass hot tub, the camper, a new car they are about to buy, Ellie's room full of online shopping crap, Tiffany's jewelry... All of that still has to be paid for. A free trip here and there isn't having their bills paid. And someone else also said it, all the utilities etc.. none of that is being comped. they might be paying the bills now, but with the downward trend, adding a new baby (if and when that happens) along with those medical bills, they won't be able to keep up long. At this rate they will be selling the ice palace and downsizing in the next 5 years.
I forgot about the hot tub!

Plus one thing people don't often consider is how much more expensive children get as they become older and enter activities. People think babies are cheap because they already have all the baby stuff (even though Ellie just buys new cribs again anyway) and breast milk is free, but kids are way more expensive as they get older. More food, clothing, school costs, activities, hobbies, toys, healthcare costs, braces, etc. More kids also equal more missions and weddings.

I don't think anyone is even considering the vacations they take when they suggest E&J are spending too much money.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

They definitely aren’t following Dave Ramsey anymore. Remember when they were serious about it?

I’m pretty sure Bonnie still does. She has said before they would get Joel a truck when other steps had been completed and they were close.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I'm definitely not doubting you but I'm just wondering how you know this. The only site I'm familiar with is social blade and the range is so big that I can never really get a sense of how much people are actually making.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

natalka81 wrote:

I'm definitely not doubting you but I'm just wondering how you know this. The only site I'm familiar with is social blade and the range is so big that I can never really get a sense of how much people are actually making.
I use Vid IQ, its an extension for Chrome.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

nutbagmcgee wrote:
natalka81 wrote:

I use Vid IQ, its an extension for Chrome.
Vloggers that post here have said it's far more accurate.
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

I know we have discussed this up and down before but it just makes me roll my eyes how they said they would still have this house/life style even without Youtube. No, no you wouldn’t.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

calliepaige84 wrote:I know we have discussed this up and down before but it just makes me roll my eyes how they said they would still have this house/life style even without Youtube. No, no you wouldn’t. Image

I would LOVE for them to say what career Jared would have that could provide this lifestyle without youtube.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”