E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+J: The Lessons of Karma - Part # 31

Unread post by Playsinrain »

there are more than just me disagreeing with you at this point, i think you are in the minority when you think you know what YOU are talking about. You clearly don't. If they are claiming every drop if water they piss in, every lush bomb and every bite of food they eat then they are committing tax fraud and will get caught eventually. Vlogging may be a very different career, but the tax law still applies to them.
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
canmom2 wrote:I already told you their utilities and some of their mortgage payment would be claimed on their taxes. Their house is their office not just Jareds office. If you own a construction business and rent an office that is claimed on your taxes same as their house would be. You guys are not looking at it as a business. This is what they do for a living. Lets make it simple gross income is 100000 a year you take all your deductions which is everything i listed and take that off your hross income. Poof you just brought your taxable income down to 50000.
Of couse just an example we dont know what their total deductions are or their true income . When i googled it for 2016 it was over
Any time they have a meeting over pizza claimed. Any payroll they pay and their house would be a large %claimed. I know their income is over 100000 but i also think deductions are more than 50000 but just need to keep it simple.
Yes of course the power bill still needs to be paid but less of their money goes to taxes if any.
You can't deduct more than you would expect to pay in yearly taxes. There is a flaw in your numbers if you expect they are deducting $50k a year on $100k income.
AS I said the numbers were to keep him simple . Im pretty sure there gross income is over 100000 and there deductions would be higher than that as well. Your deductions are you deductions and not just based on your taxes owing. THat is how people get refunds. BUT OBIVIOUSLY you cant figure it out so I give up just like you couldnt figure out the kids club on the cruise.
Last edited by canmom2 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
calliepaige84 wrote:I know we have discussed this up and down before but it just makes me roll my eyes how they said they would still have this house/life style even without Youtube. No, no you wouldn’t. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would LOVE for them to say what career Jared would have that could provide this lifestyle without youtube.
He was going to school for PT right? But something happened and he gave up on that and started selling cellphones. Just out of curiosity, even if he had become a PT, would he be making enough to live like they are? I'm guessing no. Plus we all know that Ellie would not still be doing hair with two kids, plus she wasn't quite Vidal Sassoon status...
My understanding was that he didn't get into grad school. You need that to do well in physical therapy.
So that's why he went to work for Verizon. What I think is dumb, is that now that he's got money, and time, he isn't trying again to get into PT grad school. Or study _something_...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

My face reading this thread rn

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... ccaa7e.gif[/img]

Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

I think now would be a perfect time to start a new E & J thread...

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Glad I missed all the tax arguments. All I know is that "deductible" and "free" are two very different things.
Sorry for not seeing the post about Jared not getting into grad school before I posted. You know Ellie would only consider schools near Mama Griffiths. There's no way she would have agreed to travelling somewhere else for him to go to grad school.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I am an accountant, in Canada but the basic principles apply.

They are not deducting EVERY expense they have. Im certain they have an accountant at this point and no accountant would allow that, also if theyre not incorporated at this point I would be surprised.

They can only claim a portion of their home utilities, their property tax, a portion of their mortgage interest, a portion of fuel...ect. They likely have a few people, themselves included on payroll so thats an expense as well.

Corporations dont get tax refunds, at best theyre filing NIL with all their expenses but if the income is as high as some believe they dont have enough deductions to be filing NIL.
PumpkinHead
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PumpkinHead »

That little 'prank' that Ellie played on the boys was weird. But what's sad is that that's probably something she would actually make for breakfast: a piece of toast and some fruit for Jackson, and a single egg for Calvin. They still only got a waffle each Come on, no fruit or anything?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I am an accountant, in Canada but the basic principles apply.

They are not deducting EVERY expense they have. Im certain they have an accountant at this point and no accountant would allow that, also if theyre not incorporated at this point I would be surprised.

They can only claim a portion of their home utilities, their property tax, a portion of their mortgage interest, a portion of fuel...ect. They likely have a few people, themselves included on payroll so thats an expense as well.

Corporations dont get tax refunds, at best theyre filing NIL with all their expenses but if the income is as high as some believe they dont have enough deductions to be filing NIL.
Thank you. I assume Canmom is also in Canada, so your expertise is every bit as relevant as theirs despite not being specific to the US.
greygoose
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by greygoose »

Wow! By chance, I have just stumbled upon E&J's "Our Infertility Journey" video. Sweet Jesus, they have both aged soooo noticeably. I know we all possibly don't look our freshest while raising (little) kids. But wow. What a difference...

The video made me sad though. It shows such a huge discrepancy between their early mostly honest approach to vlogging and those staged, highly-produces daily shows nowadays :(
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

I'm an accountant, I do many people's taxes (small business owners, individuals, etc) and my head is going to explode over this thread, hahaha. I guess maybe my clients should all fire me and hire Canmom so they can deduct every cent of their income next year. :D
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Pency wrote:I'm an accountant, I do many people's taxes (small business owners, individuals, etc) and my head is going to explode over this thread, hahaha. I guess maybe my clients should all fire me and hire Canmom so they can deduct every cent of their income next year. :D

Forget my clients, I own an accounting firm and want her to do MY corporate returns...but only if she will go to bat with CRA when they come after me for fraud....
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

PumpkinHead wrote:That little 'prank' that Ellie played on the boys was weird. But what's sad is that that's probably something she would actually make for breakfast: a piece of toast and some fruit for Jackson, and a single egg for Calvin. They still only got a waffle each Image Come on, no fruit or anything?
If she had done the prank in front of them (like pretended to make the breakfast while they watched) I think they would have enjoyed it. But filming it while they weren't around (at least that's what I assume she did) was just very weird. Also, it didn't help that she picked a day when Jackson was quite obviously under the weather.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

natalka81 wrote:
PumpkinHead wrote:That little 'prank' that Ellie played on the boys was weird. But what's sad is that that's probably something she would actually make for breakfast: a piece of toast and some fruit for Jackson, and a single egg for Calvin. They still only got a waffle each Image Come on, no fruit or anything?
If she had done the prank in front of them (like pretended to make the breakfast while they watched) I think they would have enjoyed it. But filming it while they weren't around (at least that's what I assume she did) was just very weird. Also, it didn't help that she picked a day when Jackson was quite obviously under the weather.
The whole thing was just strange, mainly because she faked it for the camera and hid their real breakfast on the floor in the playroom. She's a total weirdo.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Jared taking his dad on this 'business' trip makes me think his dad is on their payroll.. Dad Mecham needs to learn the ropes too.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

Does Jared BS degree good for anything other than PT? Or was Jared and Ellie's college years a complete waste?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I am an accountant, in Canada but the basic principles apply.

Thank you. I assume Canmom is also in Canada, so your expertise is every bit as relevant as theirs despite not being specific to the US.
Because my username is canmom? Kinda like you were wrong on other occasions. I never said a corporation gets a refund i was talking about individual. I dont believe i said they get all there household bills back but a large % not just Jareds office. I just said I imagine they are a corporation anyway but if they are individual they dont pay as much as people think. Funny how all these accountants appeared.
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

Playsinrain wrote:there are more than just me disagreeing with you at this point, i think you are in the minority when you think you know what YOU are talking about. You clearly don't. If they are claiming every drop if water they piss in, every lush bomb and every bite of food they eat then they are committing tax fraud and will get caught eventually. Vlogging may be a very different career, but the tax law still applies to them.
I never said they were claiming it they are getting it as part of their business.
canmom2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by canmom2 »

Pency wrote:I'm an accountant, I do many people's taxes (small business owners, individuals, etc) and my head is going to explode over this thread, hahaha. I guess maybe my clients should all fire me and hire Canmom so they can deduct every cent of their income next year. :D
Not what I said at all.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

canmom2 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

Because my username is canmom? Kinda like you were wrong on other occasions. I never said a corporation gets a refund i was talking about individual. I dont believe i said they get all there household bills back but a large % not just Jareds office. I just said I imagine they are a corporation anyway but if they are individual they dont pay as much as people think. Funny how all these accountants appeared.
Yep.

So if a mod did an ip search it wouldn't say Canada?

Return to “Ellie and Jared”