C&K: The Struggle is Real...ly Hard to Relate (Part 14)

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: The Struggle is Real...ly Hard to Relate (Part 14)

Unread post by Playsinrain »

lmmomSD wrote:I would still smack Cullen for putting something in the vlog after telling her he was going to cut it out. He's been sneaking up on her a lot lately. At least this time she wasn't in the tub.
If they want better fitting jeans, maybe they should go somewhere besides Walmart?

The reason I think Brittany is going to start vlogging is because of the way they featured her and her new home, and Grandberry making sure to mention her channel name. Maybe I am wrong. It just smacks of another vlogger family member thinking it's an easy way to make $$ and wanting to jump in, like Jay and Kelly, and the Griffiths and everyone around Bryan and Missy. I don't think she should, honestly. After jail, she needs a routine and structure to help her stay clean. It's relatively easy to stay clean in jail, with no temptation. But we'll see what happens.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
LOL two of my favorite, best fitting pairs of jeans came from walmart. they really have added better quality clothes in recent years. A friend of mine suggested them after i complemented hers and seriously... most comfortable jeans ever. Their jeggings are pretty awseome too.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Whatever they made for dinner sounded nasty. Ground beef, onion, cream of mushroom, and sour cream? :barf: Good thing they had their Greens ToGo! Totally cancels it out.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:Whatever they made for dinner sounded nasty. Ground beef, onion, cream of mushroom, and sour cream? :barf: Good thing they had their Greens ToGo! Totally cancels it out.
I think it was stroganoff? I've never liked that anyway so yeah it sounds gross to me too. My husband loves the stuff but i never cook it bc he's the only one in the house that will eat it.. gag.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

Playsinrain wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:I would still smack Cullen for putting something in the vlog after telling her he was going to cut it out. He's been sneaking up on her a lot lately. At least this time she wasn't in the tub.
If they want better fitting jeans, maybe they should go somewhere besides Walmart?

The reason I think Brittany is going to start vlogging is because of the way they featured her and her new home, and Grandberry making sure to mention her channel name. Maybe I am wrong. It just smacks of another vlogger family member thinking it's an easy way to make $$ and wanting to jump in, like Jay and Kelly, and the Griffiths and everyone around Bryan and Missy. I don't think she should, honestly. After jail, she needs a routine and structure to help her stay clean. It's relatively easy to stay clean in jail, with no temptation. But we'll see what happens.

LOL two of my favorite, best fitting pairs of jeans came from walmart. they really have added better quality clothes in recent years. A friend of mine suggested them after i complemented hers and seriously... most comfortable jeans ever. Their jeggings are pretty awseome too.
What brand? I really need some jeans/jeggings.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:Whatever they made for dinner sounded nasty. Ground beef, onion, cream of mushroom, and sour cream? :barf: Good thing they had their Greens ToGo! Totally cancels it out.
I think it was stroganoff? I've never liked that anyway so yeah it sounds gross to me too. My husband loves the stuff but i never cook it bc he's the only one in the house that will eat it.. gag.
Sounds like fake stroganoff. I love real stroganoff, but you don't make it with ground beef or cream of mushroom soup. It's definitely not low calorie or good for you, but made from scratch, I think it's yummy.
This is how you really make it. And it's not any harder than what they did:
https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/cl ... 301a8ea317

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

IF Britney starts vlogging i don't think that it will be her only full time job. Someone else had brought up that she will likely have to prove gainful employment as a condition of her probation and YT is not going to be that. I really hope she doesn't start soon. It won't be good for her. I feel like the temptation would be so easy if you had a successful YT'er in your family. I can see the allure of being SAHP, making your own schedule, having money rolling in without having to get up and go to a "real job". Especially if you are seeing it first hand in your own family. I think if she want's to do it on the side, MUCH later down the road it would be fine, but i agree she need structure and routine.
Just thought about something too. It's been touched on about her addiction and if she would talk about it... i don't think she would be able to profit off of it if she did. Wouldn't that be demonitized by YT in a heartbeat? they have done the same to much less controversial subject matter.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

workfromhomemom wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

What brand? I really need some jeans/jeggings.
The most comfy jeans are LEI brand and they have no buttons or zippers, super soft and have a rib knit waist. I can;t find them online right now, and honestly they may be sold out bc i bought one pair and went back for more and haven't seen them ANYWHERE now. They are in the Juniors dept and i would for sure try them on and you could possibly size down bc they do relax out over the day and get a little baggy. the other favorite pair are the Levi's Signature woman's skinny jeans. These are not jr's dept.. and super stretchy. The jeggings are the No Boundaries Juniors' Essential Pull On Denim Jeggings (don't let the jr's dept element of it scare you lol, they come in all sizes and it was not at all hard for me to find some that fit me) i have them in 3 different colors and i wear them all the time. If you have the time i would for sure go in and try on several styles and sizes bc my sizes are all over the place in jeans there, but i was really pleasantly surprised at how much i really like them. And don't be scared of the jr's dept jeans. lol i was at first until i tried them on. (and i am not a skinny girl lol) Oh and i think the most expensive pair were the Levi's and they were $19 plus change, the other two styles were $12-$16. i think..
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

We call it easy stroganoff and make it when life is crazy and we need something super easy for dinner. We really like it but we rarely make it. It just happens that I typically have all the ingredients on hand so it's good for those days when I haven't made it to the store. Definitely not as good as real stroganoff.
FreedomTrain5
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by FreedomTrain5 »

Refrigerator_Light wrote:
FreedomTrain5 wrote:Long time lurker but I had to join to ask, did no one find Brittanys "ill have a garden, a special garden" in her basement comment with laughter all around a bit...interesting...
I absolutely caught that comment and am shocked nobody else picked up on it. I guess I didn't want to come off as the "bad person" who knew what she was talking about lol.
Haha I know. I kept waiting for someone else to start it so I could passively sit back and read. But I had to comment. And I am not judging her, just considering her prior conviction maybe don't start a grow in your basement...where your nieces and nephews visit
FreedomTrain5
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by FreedomTrain5 »

lovingthisforum wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:I wish we knew more about Corey....what’s his backstory and how did he wind up in Alabama? how the heck did she meet him and how long have they been together? The whole family seems comfortable around him, so it seems this isn’t the first time they have met... it’s just... strange.
Yep-- I'm dying for the tea on this. For him to stand by her when she got convicted and wait for her, is pretty amazing.
From his Instagram pics you can tell they've been together since before she was even arrested - and they must have met in Colorado. He works (or maybe worked) for a place called NDT Group - a company that does pipeline work - which is based in Canada. He's in Alabama because Britney most likely isn't allowed to travel to Canada, but I am really curious if he's going to be able to work in the US.

Here's the earliest pic of them together on his IG - from June 2013: https://www.instagram.com/p/aciipHjtiw/ ... rythekid86

It seems like she's only been out of a jail about a WEEK, so this living situation does seem quite rushed. I'm sure it was planned when she was still in jail, but JEEZ that's a ton of big changes for someone with a lot to deal with. Hopefully it works out for her![/quote]

Also he posted a funny post during Christmas 2016 where he showed a picture of him sitting alone in a room, it seemed a hotel room, and captioned that usually people where about being together with Christmas and all that (but here he was sitting all alone), and Grandberry responded that he was always welcome in her home, with an emoji of a present and I believe a Christmas tree. At least a couple of months earlier, I'm not completely sure if it was summer 2016 (or a little later), but I think it was summer, Cory wrote something like "this is the reason Grandberry likes me" (btw, you are really comfortable with each other if you feel you can express this to your "mother in law" IMO), and she replied like "totally true, but correction, there are way more traits and talents of yours that I like/that are likeable." It might be that Grandberry and Cory started following each other on Instagram (and other social media) in the summer of 2016, because I didn't see any earlier mentions of Grandberry in his posts, and I went pretty far back in time. His Instagram posts are quite funny and engaging to read!

The house they are living in is a Belgian style house by the way, in particular the bricks and the roof tiles :love2:

Example in the US:
http://interiorforlife.com/modern-belgi ... se-design/

Example in Belgium:
http://www.homesweethome.be/files/thumb ... 317da/2000

I also noticed she said she would have a "special garden", and I'm also not so sure if I like that secret door stuff, lol. I sincerely hope things will work out well for her and can be behind her for good.[/quote]

My slightly silly yet plausible thought is that he either met her online (or jail pen pals) lol. He said he was from Oshawa, which is near where I live in Toronto. And it isnt the nicest of towns. Nothing to stay for and kind of depressing.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Didn't want to add to the quote tree, but that's a good point about getting demonetized. That's really sad. Half of the "big" YouTubers wouldn't be where they are today without "not advertiser friendly" vlogs. C&K talked about their losses, as did Bryan and Missy, and Ellie and Jared started their vlogs with infertility. So if it's not sunshine and roses, nobody wants to talk about it now. That is really, really sad.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Ummmm, since when do they shop at Walmart??? #AD
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

ewokfan11 wrote:Ummmm, since when do they shop at Walmart??? #AD
I'm pretty sure they're working on a brand deal with Walmart. It's odd to spend your kid-free day shopping for shit you don't need at Walmart, but it is Cullen and Katie.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ewokfan11 wrote:Ummmm, since when do they shop at Walmart??? #AD
And the dithering over hair dye and waxing rhapsodic over the men's jeans was pretty obvious. Notice it was _Cullen_ buying jeans there. I know PlaysinRain says they have great women's clothing, and my daughter and I love their tank tops and t-shirts. _I'm_ not saying Walmart doesn't have good clothing. But we all know Katie would not be caught dead in Walmart clothing.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Katie did make it a point in her KOTFS haul video that she looooves those thin tank tops from Walmart. Even though they weren’t even part of the actual haul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:The vlogs seem more enjoyable every since they had that open chat about their marriage. Tension seems like it lifted and they are enjoying each other company again.

I have noticed that too. It seems like just getting it off their chest has really helped.
Or they have course corrected from telling people and are now putting in a better effort at hiding their annoyance with one another.

I've seen too many couples figgt on FB and then act like they are "goals" just a day later expecting no one to remember what they said.
You have seen couples fight ON fb? Lol so cringey

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Gaines talking about her library books :love2: <3 :love2:
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

It made me super nervous to see them on the golf cart, on the road with all the cars, with Gaines and Brooks. I don't find myself to be an overprotective parent but yikes. I guess that's the norm over there.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Nabisco must be doing a lot of sponsored vlogs. Everyone and their cousins are doing Oreo taste tests.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Defuego wrote:It made me super nervous to see them on the golf cart, on the road with all the cars, with Gaines and Brooks. I don't find myself to be an overprotective parent but yikes. I guess that's the norm over there.
Especially in a college town on homecoming weekend during the pep rally. Drunk drivers and drunk pedestrians.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”