myka stauffer

Karissa7
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: myka stauffer

Unread post by Karissa7 »

I feel so bad for that poor little boy. Ripped away from all he's known like that. I know he'll forget all about it someday and hopefully will have a stable home with the Stauffer's, but it just all seemed so abrupt and rushed, as has been said. He must have been so scared, especially seeing crazy eyes Myka. And why was she shoving toys and candy at him instead of just being gentle and calm? It was odd. The video was not touching at all, I found it awkward. I'm surprised they left in the footage of him clearly rejecting her. But I guess she had no choice because it would obviously show in the videos they're going to keep milking. I am glad he's bonding to Myka's puppet, though, and I'm sure she hates it. I agree she should have gone by herself and I'm sure she was advised that, but of course Myka knows best.
Karissa7
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Karissa7 »

Watched the latest video...Huxley was being so cute with his siblings. Myka was almost non existent and when she was she was either acting manic or creepily staring at Huxley.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

Maybe since Huxley isn't bonding to her as much, she's go adopt another sooner rather than later. Next time it'll probably be a girl.
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

I think she feels resentment because she fought for this adoption and Huxley is bonding with Jim!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
dfjhazy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by dfjhazy »

Kaylor1 wrote:I think she feels resentment because she fought for this adoption and Huxley is bonding with Jim!

Absolutely! She seems manic per usual but you can see on her face the disappointment and resentment of Huxley just not bonding with her at all. I know it is very early but clearly he is way more comfortable with Jim. She obviously thought Huxley would immediately be drawn to her which is crazy to think. I don't think she gives off a warm or comforting vibe at all. I hope he settles in and soon feels like part of their family. It will be interesting to see if Myka starts doing more around the house now with 4 kids to manage. I still find it hard to believe Jim works a full time job as he is the only one I see doing stuff with the kids and around the house.
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by theg0ssiping1 »

something i have noticed in watching the past few vlogs of theirs with the adoption is that there is a vast difference between myka and her husband when it comes to huxley. for example it comes off as myka having huxley as some sort of fashion accessory whereas her husband pays attention to huxley. when they are walking around out in public and her husband is holding him he is all eyes on huxley and concerned for his well being whereas myka is pushing him in the stroller and looking at everyone walking by to make sure they see she has a child that is from the area in her possession. maybe it's just me but just something i have noticed.

also i am fairly sure myka has bipolar disorder with how up and down she is even after being well rested or claiming to be well rested. i will say that i have never been through an adoption process let alone one dealing with another country but we have a few set of friends that have and i don't recall them being more disappointed than not like myka
in a world full of youtubers choose to be honest.
damondaniel
Talker
Talker

Unread post by damondaniel »

ForeverGauc01 wrote:I wonder if they will do the cocooning method when they get home. Where they don’t go anywhere and no one else comes over. It teaches the adopted child that they are his parents, and he relies on them now. The siblings can’t help either, because he will become dependent on them. I watched thisgatherednest’s video on it and it made total sense.
It can go on for weeks. I hope they do something like this to help the poor boy have an easier transition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went to watch the cocooning video after reading this comment and now I feel even worse for Huxley, he must be so confused and overwhelmed. Myka and Jim are doing basically everything the cocooning method tells you not to do lmao.
I also can't help thinking about how Angie (this gathered nest) talked about calling Rosie "Ru Ru" or Rosie Ru because that's what she was used to in the orphanage, to help bridge the gap between her old name and her new one, which makes sense. But Myka and Jim keep calling Huxley, "Huxie", "Huxie bear", "Hux"... giving him all these nicknames before he even knows what his new name is in the first place. It's gotta be so crazy for him
uklaydee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by uklaydee »

I don't know who mentioned ADHD in a previous post but I think I remember Myka saying she does have ADHD. Explains the crazy a bit.

I feel so so sorry for that little boy. Yes, in the long run perhaps this is the best for him, but the trauma he is experiencing now could have lasting effects on him, even if he doesn't remember any of it.

I think that Jim's reaction to the whole thing is just the mark of his character. He will get on and love all these kids because they all need loved. He is a giver. Myka is a taker. At one point she asked Huxley if he liked her hair. Her whole attitude has changed because she wasn't the saviour she had painted herself to be. She has effectively gone in and kidnapped this child, and it is one of those things that you can never truly be prepared for until you go through it. She went there thinking she was saving him, but he doesn't see it like that. He needs her but she is a taker and right now he has nothing to give.

I hope she catches herself on soon, because she has single handedly dragged all these people in to this situation, and so far they are all making the best of it while she has retreated.

I really hope I am wrong and it is just the culture shock and general stress of travelling with four young children, one of whom is non communicative and is going through trauma.
Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

I’m really annoyed with them right now. In the beginning of today’s vlog she is faulting Huxley for acting out and being scared. Dude what did you expect??? They also say they don’t know how to speak to him. You’ve got to be fucking kidding me!! You’ve been preparing to adopt a child from China and you don’t even learn basics from his native language? That’s horrible!!

Lennmama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Lennmama »

If it wasn't clear in the beginning of the adoption process that Myka was doing this for views and as a pet project, it's certainly obvious now. Her annoyance with this poor boy is so evident now that she realizes how much work and commitment an adoption takes. No parents who is desperate to adopt for the right reasons would act this way. I think the reality is hitting her hard that this is real life and not some fantasy. I was so irritated when she was annoyed that Huxley couldn't communicate and called him non-verbal. No. He's not non-verbal he just doesn't speak your language! Good god, how dense is this woman at all? How she ever got approved to adopt is beyond me. Thankfully this child has Jim. He truly seems to care about all the kids.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
pleasecleanyourhouse
Talker
Talker

Unread post by pleasecleanyourhouse »

Kaylor1 wrote:I think she feels resentment because she fought for this adoption and Huxley is bonding with Jim!

I bet she's going crazy inside because of that! She just can't stand the fact that Hux chooses Jim over her!
DollarStoreShampoo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DollarStoreShampoo »

I really can't wait to see how it plays out with this chick, although it's unfortunately at Wen Quan's expense. (Not in the mood to call him Huxleberry Hound)The 360 in Myka's attitude is just...palpable in her voice and behavior. I think she's having the hardest time not letting her true bitchy self show.

Get the camera out of that poor kid's face.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Oh man .. Maybe she needs to rewatch her vlogs
Seems like a few months back she was in tears with jim filming her.. Get it together

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

Just discovered this family and came on here to see what people were saying. Most people seem to not like Myka, how come? What’s the dish on this vlogger family lol?

I have formed an opinion yet, just watched the adoption vlogs, it all seems a bit stressful.

chatty
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chatty »

*haven’t formed an opinion yet

seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Huxley's thumb sucking is worse than the girls. They are gonna have serious ortho bills.
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

If I've taken one thing from the China vlogs, it's that Jim is compassionate, self-aware, sensitive, and unusually empathetic. Thank heavens Wen Quan at least has him.

My heart breaks more and more for this baby boy each day, and I pray that in the long run this trauma won't damage his spirit or hamper his ability to forge a secure bond with his new parents and with future teachers, classmates, etc.
kgiff77
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kgiff77 »

They need to cocoon him when they’re settled at home. He needs to bond with both James and Myka so he doesn’t just attach to anyone he sees.

kgiff77
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kgiff77 »

kgiff77 wrote:They need to cocoon him when they’re settled at home. He needs to bond with both James and Myka so he doesn’t just attach to anyone he sees.

Double post but I realized how poorly I worded this. I meant that he didn’t cling to James because he sees him is as Dad. He just clinged. They need to cocoon him for 4-6 weeks or however long it takes so that this boy sees Myka and James as Mom and Dad.
I can’t imagine their adoption agency not telling them that this is something they need to do. I wonder if Myka has any intention or if she’s just so self centered she thinks Huxley “knows” that she’s his new mom.

seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

I don't think she's gonna do it, and now that I see how close in age Radley is to Huxley I think it's gonna affect Radley pretty seriously at first. I feel that the kids will all adjust in the long run, but this is gonna be interesting to watch because Huxley is going to need a lot of attention. Does he speak any Chinese words or is he completely non verbal? Why didn't Myka try to learn some Chinese before adopting a Chinese child?

Return to “Lesser Gossiped About Moms”