itsSOfun
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Unread post by itsSOfun »

amyfalafal wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:Seems like most of the stay at home griffiths girls never put their kids in daycare, maybe it’s a weird Jennifer thing that was passed on just like the no dishwasher thing. It seems like it’s only acceptable to put them in daycare when they can call it “preschool” when the kid is over 3 years. Ruby didn’t put evie in a program until “preschool”. But I don’t get it, isn’t preschool and daycare the same thing? Play based learning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is where I am from, basically.. Where I'm from, at least in my suburb, day care is subsidised by the government with approx 80% off day care costs per day. Out of pocket could be $5/day. Preschool is not subsidised, and it about $700+ per term. Most parents take their kids out of preschool because it's no different than day care, and just do a bit more studying at home and more outdoor play or playgroups. It's ridiculous, but I think it's a little different in the US.
Ours is the opposite, pre K or VPK where I am, provides subsidies, mostly for lower income families. Day care is not as subsidized, I think there may be a little help for lower income families. I pay almost $1000 a month for my 1 yr old, though, no help for me. [GRIMACING FACE] Had to sell my home and move in with my parents because I couldn't afford it.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Bethypooh51
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bethypooh51 »

amyfalafal wrote:Again, why Jared's dad being at this vlogger conference makes me more suspicious that he is on E&J's payroll. No one agrees?
I agree with you. In the beginning when Jared Mom and Dad moved to Logan, Jared’s Dad was working on Ellie and Jared’s website as well as helping Jared with other projects. I think the latest project is a children’s book they are writing together. If they are helping his parents that is admirable.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Bethypooh51 wrote:
amyfalafal wrote:Again, why Jared's dad being at this vlogger conference makes me more suspicious that he is on E&J's payroll. No one agrees?
I agree with you. In the beginning when Jared Mom and Dad moved to Logan, Jared’s Dad was working on Ellie and Jared’s website as well as helping Jared with other projects. I think the latest project is a children’s book they are writing together. If they are helping his parents that is admirable.

I disagree about the admirable thing to an extent. There are strings attached to that help and is only because he actually does need an assistant so why not his dad who is sure to keep his secrets. Jared could have helped his parents out and let them stay in their home in WA if this was the case. He's only willing to help if they are paid employees.

Let's not forget, this is the same guy that patted himself on the back for giving his in ln-laws a used iPhone. If his dad is working for him, he isn't helping him out. He's employing him. My mom was a single parent and now that she's retired I try to help out and make sure she is well taken care of and wants for nothing. I help out by replacing her computer when broken, or taking care of all her house repairs and maintenance costs. I haven't employed her to be my housekeeper in return for the help. I already owe her and want her to be taken care of.

The siblings don't seem to think whatever E&J are doing is admirable. There's a definite strain there.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

HelloSweetie wrote:Oh course their photographer vlogs too Image

https://youtu.be/5wgTVNxNPfM
That photo shoot was cringey. What is with them setting up the kissing poses. I feel it is so fake. I hope it was E&J’s idea and not the photographer. Have they shown the photos from the shoot?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ducklings4 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Oh course their photographer vlogs too Image

https://youtu.be/5wgTVNxNPfM
That photo shoot was cringey. What is with them setting up the kissing poses. I feel it is so fake. I hope it was E&J’s idea and not the photographer. Have they shown the photos from the shoot?

They are always setting up kissing poses. Even just for IG. We did one kissing pose in our wedding pictures. That's it. It's so weird that they feel compelled to show off how "in love" they are. Who are they trying to convince? Us, or themselves?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Prepare to be underwhelmed.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 762473.jpg[/img]

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

SO fun!

usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

I'm usually not on the "Ellie looks so sick" train, but she legitimately looks ill in the thumbnail.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
galaxy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by galaxy »

This is so nitpicky, but on their YouTube banner it should say "New Videos Every Day," not "Everyday" like it says now. It just bugs me and I feel like it could have been avoided if they actually put effort into anything. It's super nitpicky, I know, but it just makes them look lazy & uneducated. Wait...
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

I feel bad but Pennywise flashed in my mind when I saw this. I can't help it. I don't even know why lmao
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Bethypooh51 wrote:

A children's book? Oh jeez. Jared is a bit more literate than Ellie, but I can't imagine what he would bring to a children's book. "Pretend to be happy, even when you're not!" "Stuff those feelings down!"

amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Bethypooh51 wrote:

I disagree about the admirable thing to an extent. There are strings attached to that help and is only because he actually does need an assistant so why not his dad who is sure to keep his secrets. Jared could have helped his parents out and let them stay in their home in WA if this was the case. He's only willing to help if they are paid employees.

Let's not forget, this is the same guy that patted himself on the back for giving his in ln-laws a used iPhone. If his dad is working for him, he isn't helping him out. He's employing him. My mom was a single parent and now that she's retired I try to help out and make sure she is well taken care of and wants for nothing. I help out by replacing her computer when broken, or taking care of all her house repairs and maintenance costs. I haven't employed her to be my housekeeper in return for the help. I already owe her and want her to be taken care of.

The siblings don't seem to think whatever E&J are doing is admirable. There's a definite strain there.
100% It's nice he has hired his dad, hired help. I dont think that's admirable. I see his dad is quite professional, so Jared needs his help. But I dont see Ellie agreeing to help his parents in another way like Hellosweetie does for her mum.
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

lmmomSD wrote:
Bethypooh51 wrote:

A children's book? Oh jeez. Jared is a bit more literate than Ellie, but I can't imagine what he would bring to a children's book. "Pretend to be happy, even when you're not!" "Stuff those feelings down!"

lol or "Be a Fluffy Marshmallow"
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

galaxy wrote:This is so nitpicky, but on their YouTube banner it should say "New Videos Every Day," not "Everyday" like it says now. It just bugs me and I feel like it could have been avoided if they actually put effort into anything. It's super nitpicky, I know, but it just makes them look lazy & uneducated. Wait...
I also find the your/you're, the to/too, and the then/than mistakes very irritating.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

There's one in the tweet I posted this morning. "Stayed up to late". Come on. It's not that hard. I kinda let Bonnie's go because she doesn't have even Jared's level of education. But Jared did graduate from college.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I just watched today's vlog. Yikes. WHY are these people SO obsessed with poop? The Never Have I Ever game was ridiculous. Never have I ever pooped my pants? I feel like that's an appropriate question for a game at a 7yr old's sleepover party. Also, I am a bit of a prude (and a snob when it comes to grammar, as evidenced by my comment above) but I feel that if these guys are vlogging to a younger audience, laughing about cheating on tests just isn't wise. I guess it's either a question of them thinking school isn't really important and who really cares about cheating or them not really knowing their audience (i.e. D&Cs and unicorn slime all mixed in together).
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

natalka81 wrote:I just watched today's vlog. Yikes. WHY are these people SO obsessed with poop? The Never Have I Ever game was ridiculous. Never have I ever pooped my pants? I feel like that's an appropriate question for a game at a 7yr old's sleepover party. Also, I am a bit of a prude (and a snob when it comes to grammar, as evidenced by my comment above) but I feel that if these guys are vlogging to a younger audience, laughing about cheating on tests just isn't wise. I guess it's either a question of them thinking school isn't really important and who really cares about cheating or them not really knowing their audience (i.e. D&Cs and unicorn slime all mixed in together).
Did you hear Ellie admit to turning her underwear inside out so she could wear them another day. What the fuck? Who admits to that sort of thing or would even do it in the first place.

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

I saw on Instagram that they went to Aaron and Rylies baby shower today (IVF couple)
I am glad they took time to do that. We all know how they are sometimes....

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
natalka81 wrote:I just watched today's vlog. Yikes. WHY are these people SO obsessed with poop? The Never Have I Ever game was ridiculous. Never have I ever pooped my pants? I feel like that's an appropriate question for a game at a 7yr old's sleepover party. Also, I am a bit of a prude (and a snob when it comes to grammar, as evidenced by my comment above) but I feel that if these guys are vlogging to a younger audience, laughing about cheating on tests just isn't wise. I guess it's either a question of them thinking school isn't really important and who really cares about cheating or them not really knowing their audience (i.e. D&Cs and unicorn slime all mixed in together).
Did you hear Ellie admit to turning her underwear inside out so she could wear them another day. What the fuck? Who admits to that sort of thing or would even do it in the first place.

That makes only washing her jeans once a month so much grosser.

I really do wonder if she smells? I mean, she supposedly dated a lot of boys before meeting Jared, and it is interesting that none of them stuck around long enough to be serious.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:

I really don't know how she would be doing that with Mormon garments...it would be crazy uncomfortable.....just sayin.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”