Chloe and Beans: The MontesSNOREi Method - Part 5

Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Chloe and Beans: The MontesSNOREi Method - Part 5

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

^ Typical Chloe response. Doesn’t even surprise me anymore. I’ve said it before but she’s very lucky that the older 3 are pretty bright naturally. Those trips are going to give her a run for her money though and that hands off approach won’t work with them.

Again with those damn overalls. They’re freaking atrocious. Ottos is too small for him and was riding up his crotch. You can see him visibly pulling it out of his crotch in part of today’s vlog. Nice. Ro should film Chloe pulling out a wedgie and post it, just to see how she fucking likes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoodleBop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by DoodleBop »

IDK why homeschool parents are against things like work sheets. My kids love those $ activity books that happen to have learning in them letters, numbers, shapes, letter sounds etc. I don't see how it's coerced out of them.

What if one child doesn't want to EVER learn how to potty train or swim...can't push the issue...all because Chloe didn't enjoy school and decided her experience is how her kids' would be.

Learning by place is awesome when your oldest child is 5. She is so smug now because her kids are small. At some point you have to learn some not so fun things - I don't find laundry fun but I was taught how to do it because it's a skill to be a functional person. What if Evan or Otto wants to go into some field and they get to university and realize they don't have the background and have to take adult education style classes to catch up because she left the education decisions up to them when they were kids.
Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Lyanna »

Chloe is always saying how every single parent on this earth is under estimating kids when in fact she's the one who under estimates them. Kids can't make friends, kids can't focus at school, kids can't understand you're not supposed to push your brother when you feel like it, kids can't have hair cuts because it's the scariest thing ever, kids can't stay at home chilling and playing because they will go crazy so just put them in their car seat, kids can't share toys, kids can't behave at the museum if they're not called evan or otto, kids can't say more than dada at 2...
yet kids can decide if they need surgery or not, and can decide if they need more calories and nutrients, and can 'decide' to stay alone when sick at hospital at night at barely 2...I can't even

Don't even get me started about how every one is underestimating ro when in fact he can handle the six kids on his own cook dinner make them eat wash the dishes put them to bed clean the entire house so chloe can have some alone time with beckie, yet at the same time he can't handle 4 kids by his own so chloe can stay with the two others at hospital
Spillthattea
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Spillthattea »

Fully aware I'm going to hell for this, but Evan reminds me of Dandy Mott from American Horror story Freak Show with the new hair, also the clothes Chloe puts him in and his pouty little face.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Tapatalk
Peachespeonies
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Peachespeonies »

Spillthattea wrote:Fully aware I'm going to hell for this, but Evan reminds me of Dandy Mott from American Horror story Freak Show with the new hair, also the clothes Chloe puts him in and his pouty little face.

OMG YESSSSSSSSS! I don't see how the are kids cute tbh. And why does dress them up like that. I checked out the company that she tagged for her dress. It had some tagline that said 'keeping it weird since 2001'. She is trying to do the same to her kids. How awful.
katieanna
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by katieanna »

First post ever!!
Just wanted to say I saw the whole fam at J*****lup shopping centre yesterday just strolling through the kiddies section in myer. The kids are so much smaller than I thought they would be!!
DoodleBop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Chloe apparently is fully capable of doing EVERYTHING yet can't seem to do a thing on her own because she needs Ro with her every second of the day. Who cares about leaving your child in the hospital by himself when you're lonely. I very much doubt she went home to help Ro with the other five because again he's perfectly capable of taking care of his kids on his own. He's hobbled by his wife who can do everything but chooses not to or it's boring so she won't do it.

Evan and Otto would thrive at school - even a play based one. I had wondered if Chloe had some sort of learning disability that went unnoticed\untreated but now I wonder if it was just laziness. She doesn't seem to truly want to work at anything. I have a friend who's kids go to a Montessouri style school - they spend a lot of time outdoors, they meet local craftsmen and learn about trades like wood working, they learn about different cultures, faiths. I think the biggest thing that would bother Chloe is there isn't a focus on reading\math until 7-8 years old. Before that it is self directed play but it's very intentional. kids are taught under 2 to set their own place setting with a plate, bowl etc then they are taught how to pour their own drinks...clean up their own messes after lunch by wiping the tables, sweeping...so it's a lot of self help skills...which these kids won't learn unless they show an interest in sweeping.

Why don't the kids get drinks when they eat. Often times it's a bowl of thick mush and no drink...can you imagine trying to swallow that.
lurking10
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lurking10 »

katieanna wrote:First post ever!!
Just wanted to say I saw the whole fam at J*****lup shopping centre yesterday just strolling through the kiddies section in myer. The kids are so much smaller than I thought they would be!!

Did you block that out or the Mods? I love that shopping centre anyway, don't feel like running into them there ImageImage
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

DoodleBop wrote:IDK why homeschool parents are against things like work sheets. My kids love those $ activity books that happen to have learning in them letters, numbers, shapes, letter sounds etc. I don't see how it's coerced out of them.

What if one child doesn't want to EVER learn how to potty train or swim...can't push the issue...all because Chloe didn't enjoy school and decided her experience is how her kids' would be.

Learning by place is awesome when your oldest child is 5. She is so smug now because her kids are small. At some point you have to learn some not so fun things - I don't find laundry fun but I was taught how to do it because it's a skill to be a functional person. What if Evan or Otto wants to go into some field and they get to university and realize they don't have the background and have to take adult education style classes to catch up because she left the education decisions up to them when they were kids.
Yeah, call me crazy but I LIKED doing the coloured bar graphs!
DoodleBop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

It shows she lacks imagination if she thinks this kind of thing has to be forced. It can be as simple as counting the trees at the park...let's make a chart we can decorate to show how many different kinds of trees are at the park. Let's make a map of our neighborhood and the kids are creating and you're sneaking in the basics of what you need on a map...it's not coercive.

More and more it sounds like she hated school so she decided ALL of her children will hate it too.
hufflebecks
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hufflebecks »

Toddler Caught Hiding In Cupboard: Recap

Quick shot: Rufus hiding in cupboard.

After the intro: They're at a park, the triplets have no shoes on. They play in the sand pit with the older boys, and Otto and Evan are 'baking' a chocolate cake. Chloe starts to introduce the vlog but stops because Rufus is screeching in excitement about water. The kids are all mixing sand and water to make stuff, mostly cakes. Chloe apologizes for the wind and explains they DID once have a wind breaker but threw it in the bin accidentally and haven't gotten a new one yet. (Chloe, if you read this, PLEASE get one when you go to the shops next, the vlog is horrible with the wind noise).

Rufus is still very interested in the water, and keeps filling his container up and yelling about it. Otto makes 'mint' cake, and Chloe tells him what mint is. Felix shares his pretend cake, and mostly everyone plays along except Henry who runs away. They walk around (all still barefoot) then go home. The playroom is a mess, and Henry's wanting to play with a puzzle. The triplets play with a fruit puzzle - and Rufus is very excited about some of the fruit and both the boys are trying to say the words, some of them are clearer than usual, but they can all do "nana" so they say that together.

Chloe's wearing a jean jacket with animals on it, and Pearl comes over and points to the "bunny!" a lot. Henry tries "cat" but it's mostly "ah" while Rufus tries saying apple "avvey" then "apa", then just hums instead of saying anything else she wants him to repeat. In the bedroom, Felix is playing quietly with the fruit sorting game, and she fast forwards as he's counting every single number for a long time, from 1 to 58. She films more of him playing this game for a while then Felix asks the viewers "what's your favorite fruit?"

Rufus is playing in the food cupboard, then Pearl and Henry come running over to try and climb in as well. We cut to Felix in bed, picking his nose as Chloe asks what his favorite thing was today. He basically just recaps today's video. Chloe signs off the vlog.

Evan: Byyee.. turn off now.
Otto: Byyee.. (giggles) byyee.. bonk!
Felix: Byyee.. turn it off now
Evan: Byyee.. bonk it off now (giggles)
Felix as Yoshi: Bye turn it off now
Evan as Yoshi: Bye turn it off now
Otto as Yoshi: Bye turn it off now
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

DoodleBop wrote:It shows she lacks imagination if she thinks this kind of thing has to be forced. It can be as simple as counting the trees at the park...let's make a chart we can decorate to show how many different kinds of trees are at the park. Let's make a map of our neighborhood and the kids are creating and you're sneaking in the basics of what you need on a map...it's not coercive.

More and more it sounds like she hated school so she decided ALL of her children will hate it too.
I've just been reading all Chloe's passive-aggressive follow-up responses to this topic. I think her point is that they'll discover graphs and stuff on their own, and if they do, she'll let them make them. She doesn't coerce or micromanage them so they'll decide when and if they learn something. Something like that. I don't know. I'm lost. If they're allowed to read books, look at videos, read signs, etc. why can't other *people* also be a source of information. Can't mummy say, "Hey, do you want to see how to make a neat graph?" Or, "Guess what's cool about bats?" or whatever, and if they really seem disinterested then she can drop it. But to ONLY go by what they express interest in seems extremely limiting to me. And again, WHY is she so rude to her followers???
DoodleBop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

She's so insecure. Painfully insecure and she needs validation of her choices from outsiders and anyone who doesn't give her that is attacked. It's why she's married to a yes man - it doesn't seem like Ron challenges her opinions - the only people she allows within her world are people who agree she's the perfect homeschooling, vegan, montessouri mother of six...who knows everything about child development.
julietpreston
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by julietpreston »

natalka81 wrote:Sorry for the double post but I am really angry right now. I cannot believe how disrespectful Chloe is to her commenters. A person asked her (on YT) if she ever does academic things with the boys, like coloured graphs and stuff, suggesting only that they may enjoy it. In no way was she implying (at least I didn't interpret it that way) that Chloe's style of educating the kids was wrong. She was just offering a new idea. Here's how Chloe answered:
Nope, we don't do structured or coerced learning. They learn so much at their own free will and they have so much fun doing it. I certainly wasn't making graphs at 4 years old...and when I was taught about them in school it was boring to me. I'd rather let the kids discover each amazing aspect of life in their own special and unique way. People underestimate how much kids learn without being directed. It's an amazing thing to witness. Insert passive-aggressive heart emoji here.

I have never had a big problem with Chloe's parenting; in fact, there are many things I think she does well. But when she thinks she's the ONLY person who knows how to raise children, it really rubs me the wrong way. I have gone from enjoying the vlogs, to becoming increasingly irritated by them. All this negativity on her part cannot possibly be good for those kids. Also, in what universe is making graphs equivalent to coercion? UGH.
Chloe: My kids are in charge of their own education
Also Chloe: My 5 year old is incapable of making friends
Also also Chloe: EVERYBODY except me underestimates their kids!1!1!
This girl is a rollercoaster :P
Spillthattea
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Spillthattea »

I find it so sad and pathetic that the only times you ever really see Lucius Malfoy responding to comments is when she is viciously defending her cause, what a high strung existence she must lead.

hufflebecks
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hufflebecks »

Spending a Night Away From Home: Recap

Quick shots: Chloe and Becky with Evan and Otto; Felix eating fruit; Rufus standing on his head.

After the intro They're at the shops, the triplets are at montessori. The parents and big kids are at a restaurant that serves vegan food, and Chloe films everyone eating. After that, they're at Becky's, and E&O are on Becky an Chloe's laps. They're sleeping over the night, and all of them including Becky are excited. Chloe keeps going on about how she'll miss them, and asks Otto if he'll miss them, and miss Felix and the triplets.

Someone films Felix ("Fee Fee") go outside (it's not Ro, so might be Becky's partner) and find like figs? off the tree which he eats, then picks a bunch to bring inside for everyone else. He says it's mulberry's. Chloe says bye to the big boys, and they do the head-boop sign off but instead it's "Bye, DON'T turn it off now!" which makes everyone laugh.

Back home, Chloe points out how super tidy the house is because they were out all day. The triplets are playing with the play kitchen. Pearl's wearing a dress but looks like one the boys' checkered shirts over top. Henry's got a fake biscuit as he sits on Chloe's lap, seeming more to look at himself in the camera than pay attention to her. The carers at montessori said they all had a good day, but Henry and Rufus had been fighting each other a little bit. Chloe says it's no good but it happens, especially with multiples. Rufus comes launching himself over to Chloe with a lot of "Hi's" then starts to stand on his head, he seems very full of energy.

In his pajamas now, Chloe and Felix sit down to do a puzzle together. She fast forwards as he counts every single puzzle piece to make sure they have all of them first. Montage of them working on the puzzle together. They finish it and she asks him about the picture, getting him to count and find things. After this, she asks where the older boys are and if he misses them, and he says he did but he starts talking about eating the berries. He reminds me a lot of Otto in this part, he's very soft spoken and has the same cadence Otto does when answering questions.

Chloe says it's been very quiet without Evan and Otto, and they miss them lots and can't wait to see them again tomorrow. She signs off the vlog.

Felix: Byyee.. turn it off now.
Lyanna
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lyanna »

Spillthattea wrote:I find it so sad and pathetic that the only times you ever really see Lucius Malfoy responding to comments is when she is viciously defending her cause, what a high strung existence she must lead.

Lucius Malefoy lmao
I noticed it too. Other youtubers either don't respond to comments at all, or they respond to nice comments and ignore the ones criticizing them. It's the other way around with chloe, she litteraly never answers any comments from her minions but always jumps in with her holier than thou attitude when someone asks something or suggests something. What about being nice to your fans?
julietpreston
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by julietpreston »

Spillthattea wrote:I find it so sad and pathetic that the only times you ever really see Lucius Malfoy responding to comments is when she is viciously defending her cause, what a high strung existence she must lead.

Lucius Malfoy :lol:
It would be nice if she replied to just some of the kind comments they get rather than focusing on her "haters". There are people who really admire them and it might make their day if Chloe gave them a little reply or even just an emoji. She says positive vibes only but only wants to give the time of day to "negative" people (or at least who she sees as negative people, who are usually just making a nice suggestion).
Also funny how when someone criticises her she usually says "you only see a small portion of our day how can you make that judgement" but doesn't say the same thing when people call her a good parent. Shouldn't the same logic apply there?
sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

I really don't get Chloe's logic that graphs are a no no but rote memorization of times tables is a yes.
Tulip24
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Tulip24 »

sadie wrote:I really don't get Chloe's logic that graphs are a no no but rote memorization of times tables is a yes.
I thought that myself. Maybe it’s because she didn’t like graphs as a kid, therefore she didn’t learn them and now can’t teach them as an adult. She really is setting up her kids to fail in life. Her whole attitude is quite disturbing.

Return to “Chloe and Beans”