• Advertisement

Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Re: Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Postby linneah13 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:15 pm

staceybrax wrote:
Kaylor1 wrote:I got the feeling Jared wanted her to stop talking about their hopes to do the IVF grant again because they don't have anything worked out yet but Ellie wouldn't stop talking about it. And the way he had started that scene outside until she poked her head out and said "I want to say something!" Their whole dynamic is so weird and awkward not husband and wife in my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I wonder if he is reluctant to do it again because their income has dropped so much in the past year. This time last year their views were a lot higher and it’s about the time we saw Ellie’s “budget” for their 50k a month income. I am pretty sure their income has dropped quite significantly since then because their views have dropped and everything they have done to try bring them back up hasn’t work, including their miscarriage which usually bring in pretty good views (not saying they had the miscarriage for views obviously but I’m sure they thought a pregnancy would bring in views)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where was the budget for 50k?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
linneah13
Wallflower

Advertisement

Postby Pency » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:53 am

linneah13 wrote:

Where was the budget for 50k?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk[/quote]

Welp, it's Monday morning at work and welcome for a distraction, I just waded through the last like 5 threads and cannot find it at all. You'd have to look in these threads, because the video she just pans over a notebook where she's writing down a list of expenses and at the top it says "$50,000" -- somebody here screen grabbed and zoomed in.
Pency
Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:09 am

The miscarriage videos have dropped off the last 30 days so E&Js Social Blade estimates are falling back down again. Jared put out an extra video today to try and hide this though and get a few extra views. Their subs have been curiously high since they returned given how low their views have been again. I totally think Jared is buying subs again and trying to manipulate the numbers to hide that their channel is on a downward trajectory.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby Pency » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:58 am

linneah13 wrote:Where was the budget for 50k?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

After trying again while I was on hold forever, I finally found it. Here's where the discussion starts in the threads: https://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php?f=217&t=10197&start=325

And here is the corresponding vlog: https://youtu.be/BufAOeCsnbg?t=1m41s
Pency
Gossiper

Postby Pency » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:04 am

Looks like they have since blurred the view of the budget haha
Pency
Gossiper

Postby nutbagmcgee » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:11 am

Pency wrote:Looks like they have since blurred the view of the budget haha

Sure has! LOL
nutbagmcgee
Guru Gossiper

Postby Pency » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:34 am

Why does Ellie think that people want so many updates about her damn hair.
Pency
Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:59 am

Pency wrote:Why does Ellie think that people want so many updates about her damn hair.
Because she's Ellie! Remember how much she dithered about whether or not to cut it in the first place? All she has is her looks -which aren't that fabulous to begin with- she has to make sure we're focused on her and her looks. She's pretty, but certainly not as beautiful as she thinks she is, and certainly not as beautiful as everyone tells her she is. When she posts about hair or makeup, the minions line up just like they're supposed to, and tell her over and over how beautiful she is. But she's ugly on the inside, so it will never make a difference.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby formerctfxcer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:51 am

lmmomSD wrote:
Pency wrote:Why does Ellie think that people want so many updates about her damn hair.
Because she's Ellie! Remember how much she dithered about whether or not to cut it in the first place? All she has is her looks -which aren't that fabulous to begin with- she has to make sure we're focused on her and her looks. She's pretty, but certainly not as beautiful as she thinks she is, and certainly not as beautiful as everyone tells her she is. When she posts about hair or makeup, the minions line up just like they're supposed to, and tell her over and over how beautiful she is. But she's ugly on the inside, so it will never make a difference.

Agreed. Even when she looked healthier and I liked watching her videos she was just pretty in a cute way not in a drop dead gorgeous way like she seems to think.

formerctfxcer
Gossiper

Postby ApplePie » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:04 am

Watched the drone video of the house construction and I actually thought it was pretty cool. Now we know what they were doing visiting the building site so often.

Also, do we know how much they paid for the house? I'm wondering if they've paid for it in full. If they were making 50k a month, living in that tiny apartment for the year or so that they did couldn't have cost much and they could have saved A LOT of money. Definitely enough to cover the cost of the house, furnishings, landscaping, etc. Sorry if this has been discussed already, it's just something I've been wondering.
ApplePie
Informer

Postby littlebaby » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:05 am

ApplePie wrote:Watched the drone video of the house construction and I actually thought it was pretty cool. Now we know what they were doing visiting the building site so often.

Also, do we know how much they paid for the house? I'm wondering if they've paid for it in full. If they were making 50k a month, living in that tiny apartment for the year or so that they did couldn't have cost much and they could have saved A LOT of money. Definitely enough to cover the cost of the house, furnishings, landscaping, etc. Sorry if this has been discussed already, it's just something I've been wondering.

They used to talk all the time about how they follow Dave Ramsey and never have any debt, so going off of that I think we’re led to believe they paid for it in full. They haven’t talked about him in a long time though.

littlebaby
Gossiper

Postby nutbagmcgee » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:18 am

I find it very telling that they haven't replaced the van.
nutbagmcgee
Guru Gossiper

Postby sasha186 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:47 am

Hey guys - I'm a long time lurker here and finally decided to join so I could chime in from time to time. I want to respond to today's video, but I'll preface with a brief intro: I'm a 31 y/o mom of a 9 month old, I pretty much take the middle road with E&J (I've watched for a long time, and I'm definitely more of an apologist than most people here, but I am interested in hearing the criticisms - I also think that at the very least they are much more manufactured than they were when they started), and I also cruise around some of the other family vlogs (Bonnie, but not really any other Griffiths except for one offs, used to watch DB but they're too boring now, and a few lower sub channels that don't have discussions here).

Anyway, it has never been more apparent to me than when I watched today's vlog that they lurk here. Or somewhere that they are seeing criticisms. It seemed like they specifically addressed Ellie interacting with the kids in a positive way, Calvin's speech (Ellie even said something like "it's so fun when they start to talk more"), and her unequal treatment of Calvin and Jackson (in the beginning they were rough housing and Ellie told Jackson not to jump on Calvin's belly, and then she was like "and I wouldn't want him to jump on your belly either!"). Am I reading too much into these things? Also, Ellie, at least, seemed much more genuine to me than she usually does. I almost thought she referenced some of her criticisms a little bit ("I'm the best, I eat candy whenever the heck I want"/"You know, he's just scared of me, because I yell a lot"), and for some reason that made me feel like she was being more legit.
sasha186
Amateur

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:17 pm

nutbagmcgee wrote:I find it very telling that they haven't replaced the van.

Ditto. If they had the money they would like everyone to believe they have (and maybe at one time DID have) they would have gone and out right purchased Mama's new SUV before they even had to give the van back.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Extreme Gossiper

Postby Pency » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:18 pm

littlebaby wrote:
ApplePie wrote:Watched the drone video of the house construction and I actually thought it was pretty cool. Now we know what they were doing visiting the building site so often.

They used to talk all the time about how they follow Dave Ramsey and never have any debt, so going off of that I think we’re led to believe they paid for it in full. They haven’t talked about him in a long time though.

Jared has said that they are "debt free except their mortgage", so they did not pay it in full. Dave Ramsey teaches that most debt is bad, but a mortgage is ok.
Pency
Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:33 pm

littlebaby wrote:

They have said before that they do have a mortgage.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby littlebaby » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:16 pm

Thanks for clarifying! I wasn’t sure if they mentioned something separate for their house.

littlebaby
Gossiper

Postby nutbagmcgee » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Ellie 100% has been reading here. She is trying to come off as a loving caring mom but we all know the truth Ellie!
nutbagmcgee
Guru Gossiper

Postby amyfalafal » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:17 pm

"Make an 'I LOVE YOU JARED' face"
awkward, fake and gross. no thank you.
amyfalafal
Informer

Postby freshbalsam » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:25 pm

littlebaby wrote:

Geez, I hope they could afford a car payment with their income. That’s really sad if they cannot. I wonder if they would try to pay the car off in full instead of making monthly payments? Do you think they’re waiting for a sponsorship again with a Ford dealer?
freshbalsam
Informer

Postby freshbalsam » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:25 pm

Sorry! I meant to quote the people who were talking about how it’s telling that they haven’t replaced their van yet!!

freshbalsam
Informer

Postby Mk1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:25 pm

nutbagmcgee wrote:Ellie 100% has been reading here. She is trying to come off as a loving caring mom but we all know the truth Ellie!

She absolutely does! She also tweeted today that she knows some people think she's bored/done vlogging...and she said she's just had a tough few months. That has been a discussion topic on here -- just seeming done and uninterested, etc. But I agree with other comments too -- she has to be reading here because she has super obviously brought up many of the criticisms discussed here on the vlog. We see right through you, Ellie! Only person in the Griffiths family I can stand is Bonnie (and Joel and the kids). I like Beau and Emily too, but they seem to keep to themselves a lot more so I don't feel that I know much about them. Ruby's are super boring and I like Julie, but she's just not a great vlogger unfortunately.
Mk1
Amateur

Postby wonderwoman123 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:33 pm

I love that someone caught what their budget is! Way to go inspector gadget! Seriously though, someone needs to explain to me where all this damn money comes from. How can advertisers and you tube afford to pay that much money. I just don't get it. Its insanely crazy to me. That being said, if it were me and my family I would buy an average house that I loved for cash and then save as much as possible. This is not going to last forever and they are idiots if they think that. Just like the real estate bubble I am sure there will be a you tube bubble. From the way they shop, it does not look like they are saving as much money as they can. They started with nothing so they know what it is like to be there. You would think that would make them not want to let it happen. I give Jared a lot of credit for supporting his parents though. I am sure Ellie complained about that. Her holier than thou attitude is why I just could not stand watching them anymore. Jared used to be genuine until the money got a hold of them. They used to be relateable and now they are just fake. That is why they have lost my views at least.
wonderwoman123
Amateur

Postby lmmomSD » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:13 pm

Ellie doesn't think that they owe anything to YouTube. She has said that they would have built this house whether or not they were making YouTube money. So I am sure she doesn't think it will ever stop. Jared will just have to find a way...

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:37 pm

lmmomSD wrote:Ellie doesn't think that they owe anything to YouTube. She has said that they would have built this house whether or not they were making YouTube money. So I am sure she doesn't think it will ever stop. Jared will just have to find a way...

Trying to fake relatability in the 15 minutes they vlog everyday is the only work that Ellie plans on putting into making sure hey can afford her high end future. She better start taking things more seriously though. These numbers aren't great compared to her sisters who have less subs...

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171017/2284d19961f9a6f187899a1b215b9e54.png[/img]

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171017/59bde93970e53152d7e319cf947da9ed.png[/img]

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171017/8c5c7dfc712c6983ea012a0890769679.png[/img]
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

PreviousNext

Return to Ellie and Jared