C&K: The Struggle is Real...ly Hard to Relate (Part 14)

anich177
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: The Struggle is Real...ly Hard to Relate (Part 14)

Unread post by anich177 »

Just skimmed through today's blog and no mention of the comments or anything and brooks seems to be getting better
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

For the record, I don't think Cullen is the worst dad ever, but I do think he's taking advantage of Katie and at this point he knows it. I expected more from him as the kids got older, and he's just another vlogger than started being a full-time YTer and forgot who he was. Maybe facing a little criticism would help to set him straight again and knock some sense into him? Excusing his immaturity never will though, so I refuse to do it.

I don't hate Cullen, but I can't say he's a good dad when I have a husband with a demanding job that still manages to do many of the things Cullen seems checked out on.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

FitMom wrote:playsinrain,

Yeah too bad it wasn't like this week. High in the. 60's. :love2:
YES!!! My kids always responded to the cold air better than a steamy shower. When it was winter and they would be like Brooks was we would wrap them up in blankets and sit in the cold night air and they would be so much more comfortable. Even standing in front of the freezer works to an extent. I feel for them having him on steroids, i have a feeling he is going to be a nightmare. Poor kid. (i'm also surprised he didn't come home with a nebulizer, he really must not be that bad)
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

HelloSweetie wrote:For the record, I don't think Cullen is the worst dad ever, but I do think he's taking advantage of Katie and at this point he knows it. I expected more from him as the kids got older, and he's just another vlogger than started being a full-time YTer and forgot who he was. Maybe facing a little criticism would help to set him straight again and knock some sense into him? Excusing his immaturity never will though, so I refuse to do it.

I don't hate Cullen, but I can't say he's a good dad when I have a husband with a demanding job that still manages to do many of the things Cullen seems checked out on.

Exactly, he isnt the worst but he's definitely not the father he used to be. Or husband for that matter.
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

I don't know guys. Y'all know I am really biased, and I do actually like Cullen and Katie. When my niece has really bad apnea and got RSV and ended up in the hospital, it was mainly my sister there the whole time with my mom and I stopping in to bring her food and stuff. My brother-in-law stayed at the house and face-timed to check in, but they didn't want to disrupt both kids by sending the oldest away to sleep with grandparents.

But then, Cullen was really wasted that night. Like if my husband was EVER that drunk and watching our child, I would lose it. (and I'm from NOLA, we're pretty lax about drinking around kids). Add to that the really sick child with Katie, he should have been more prepared to help should something go wrong. I don't fault him for going to the game. I fault him for getting drunk while being the primary caregiver for one child and having another sick child at urgent care.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Have you guys considered she didn't want Cullen there THAT time because he was clearly under the influence of alcohol and his antics would cause more stress? I'm sure she would have liked him to come, if her parents watched Gaines and he wasn't under the influence and not during the game. As playsinrain mentioned, he's gone to almost every doctors appointment for the kids.

Also, HS - I don't know who you're referring about giving Cullen passes & Bryan hell, I don't watch them so I can't comment on his actions but it may seem like I given Cullen passes a lot too because I've seen how horrible my mother was and think if THIS is the worst he's done, then he's excelling at fatherhood to me. It all depends on how you perceive what a father/mother should do/act. Clearly a lot of you think he should be doing a lot more in different areas, etc and what not and since he doesn't, he's failing at marriage and fatherhood. They obviously have marital issues to work on but I don't see him failing as a father. -shrug-
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

japaluvr wrote:Have you guys considered she didn't want Cullen there THAT time because he was clearly under the influence of alcohol and his antics would cause more stress? I'm sure she would have liked him to come, if her parents watched Gaines and he wasn't under the influence and not during the game. As playsinrain mentioned, he's gone to almost every doctors appointment for the kids.

Also, HS - I don't know who you're referring about giving Cullen passes & Bryan hell, I don't watch them so I can't comment on his actions but it may seem like I given Cullen passes a lot too because I've seen how horrible my mother was and think if THIS is the worst he's done, then he's excelling at fatherhood to me. It all depends on how you perceive what a father/mother should do/act. Clearly a lot of you think he should be doing a lot more in different areas, etc and what not and since he doesn't, he's failing at marriage and fatherhood. They obviously have marital issues to work on but I don't see him failing as a father. -shrug-
I perceive that Cullen should be the husband and father that we once saw. It has nothing to do with how things are in different areas. If he had always been there more distant and traditional role hanging with friends and things like that, then I wouldn't be as
disappointed.

Cullen used to be a super-dad and an engaged and sympathetic husband. It's not a regional thing. I completely acknowledge that I wouldn't be as bothered by his actions if they weren't having marital issues though. Given that they do, I can't help but feel Katie is reluctant to voice her opinions in the same way she once did. Something feels different between them, and I can't just dismiss it.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

japaluvr wrote:Have you guys considered she didn't want Cullen there THAT time because he was clearly under the influence of alcohol and his antics would cause more stress? I'm sure she would have liked him to come, if her parents watched Gaines and he wasn't under the influence and not during the game. As playsinrain mentioned, he's gone to almost every doctors appointment for the kids.

Thats kind of the point, Cullen knew Brooks was sick, he knew Katie had been up most the night with him, yet he still chose to get drunk. If he had been sober and at the game with Gaines I wouldnt have minded, AS MUCH, because he could still have been a co-parent with Katie, he could have still planned on being the one to take care of Brooks that night so Katie could sleep. But he didnt. He would have been completely useless and that is not ok.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

their excitement about using the fireplace made me giggle, yay for fall temps in south!!! I'm so excited myself! :lol:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I don't think he's _failing_. Once again, it seems to be all or nothing, like it was when they had their "we're not happy" chat. Just like nobody then said "rich people don't have problems, or can't complain about them if they do", I don't think anyone has said he's the "worst dad ever".
He not only didn't go to urgent care, which to me is fine, because apparently, Katie didn't want him there, he got drunk while he was supposed to be watching Gaines, and available if Katie did actually need to go to the hospital. And then he made a bigger deal out of it than it was "Rushed to Hospital! He Couldn't Breathe!" for views, when Brooks was "rushed" to urgent care after the parade, and had an O2 sat of 99%, which a lot of people walking around don't have (thanks for the clinical info, PlaysinRain-- I had missed that and it really makes me roll my eyes at the title). He's not the husband and father he used to be. I used to pretty much say that that was the biggest thing he had going for him. You can go look at my old posts if you don't believe me. But they both have changed. Maybe that's why views are down. The relatable, obviously loving couple living in the little house may have not had the views and subscribers that DB have, but I liked them.

TL/DR: Nobody is saying that Cullen is the worst dad ever. However, he's not the dad he was. And it's noticeable. And Katie has changed too. There's a lot of tension still. Maybe that's why they are getting less views.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Last edited by lmmomSD on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

Do you guys think the text Katie was worried about losing was actually her YouTube comment? She made several remarks about being worried about losing it. Not a word about the comments in the vlog today.
Last edited by workfromhomemom on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote: Thats kind of the point, Cullen knew Brooks was sick, he knew Katie had been up most the night with him, yet he still chose to get drunk. If he had been sober and at the game with Gaines I wouldnt have minded, AS MUCH, because he could still have been a co-parent with Katie, he could have still planned on being the one to take care of Brooks that night so Katie could sleep. But he didnt. He would have been completely useless and that is not ok.
I agree. They have admitted to having marital issues, so we know Cullen is aware that he needs to work on some things. This doesn't sound like trying to be more thoughtful to me. I think Cullen isn't going to change and Katie sees that. Her choices are to make things work and accept Cullen for the immature frat boy he's become lately, or separate, go back to work and raise the kids in a broken home. Katie is going to hold things together and is back to acting like everything is ok because the cats out of the bag and she doesn't appreciate people pointing out what she knows is real deep down. It's like victims of domestic abuse that will reveal the abuse, but then later take it back and try to act like it isn't really that bad.

Katie deserved better. She went from a place where she ran the house and was the primary breadwinner, to being the dismissed and ignored little wife. That is a big turn, and I'm sure it's really messed with her confidence.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

workfromhomemom wrote:Do you guys think the text Katie was worried about losing was actually her YouTube comment? She made several remarks about bring worried about losing it. Not a word about the comments in the vlog today.
I thought about that too bc normally i won't lose a text just bc of a pop up on my phone. I have even so much as left a text i thought i had sent HOURS earlier, texted others, did other things on my phone like normal. Went back to see if i go a response to said text, only to see it still sitting there waiting to be sent. I don't know about YT comments but my YT app will restart sometimes even after just a few moments of switching to another app. Which would make you lose the comment.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

I think the thing with bryan and missy is that missy has to have a support system with her AT ALL TIMES. So when bryan doesn’t go to appointments, its mimi and papa who have to go with her. Katie is clearly a very independent woman. I think she can handle an urgent care visit alone
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

marshmallowfluf wrote:I think the thing with bryan and missy is that missy has to have a support system with her AT ALL TIMES. So when bryan doesn’t go to appointments, its mimi and papa who have to go with her. Katie is clearly a very independent woman. I think she can handle an urgent care visit alone Image
And yet.... Cullen had Katie's parents helping him watch MG while he had fun at the football game. I like Cullen far better than Bryan, but I agree that people are giving Cullen an overall pass for being "like his dad" but not giving Bryan the same pass.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

menehune wrote:
marshmallowfluf wrote:I think the thing with bryan and missy is that missy has to have a support system with her AT ALL TIMES. So when bryan doesn’t go to appointments, its mimi and papa who have to go with her. Katie is clearly a very independent woman. I think she can handle an urgent care visit alone Image
And yet.... Cullen had Katie's parents helping him watch MG while he had fun at the football game. I like Cullen far better than Bryan, but I agree that people are giving Cullen an overall pass for being "like his dad" but not giving Bryan the same pass.
I think you completely misunderstood what i was trying to say here....
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

menehune wrote:
But katie's parents were already at the game.. it's not like he called them in just to watch her. I think they were all 3 taking responsibility for her at the time. Doc and Dolly always "watch" her (and Brooks) during the games even Katie is there. I would feel different if Cullen were there alone with MG and called a grandparent to come take care of her so he could party.. it was the same as it's been for every other ball game except Katie and Brooks weren't there.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

I think it's safe to say at this point that C&K have some fiercely loyal fans, and some former fans who are starting to really question things. No one is going to change anyone else's mind, so I don't know why people even try. We get it. It made perfect sense to some people that Cullen wouldn't go. Why not enjoy himself at a game? Thing is.. to some people it doesn't make sense if he was that sick. If he wasn't very sick, then it was stupid for Cullen to clickbait it like that. The criticism could have been prevented by making better choices, including not acting like Brooks was seriously ill if he wasn't.

To me it's a big picture thing. Something has been different since they moved and Cullen started spending more time with Jay. I used to roll my eyes when people would suggest that Cullen was drunk of high, but now I'm not so sure. He's definitely out of touch at home. I would expect this from a husband that's busy working long hours away from home, but not one that is there 24/7. My goal as a mother has always been to make sure that things are running so smoothly and predictably that if something were to happen to me that my husband could step up and keep things moving with as little disruption to the routine as possible. Would Cullen be able to do this? Does he know the routine? Could he handle Brooks and MG alone?

If Katie suddenly had to leave for a few days, do we really think she would trust Cullen to watch both kids alone and do it competently? He's home with them 24/7 anyway, so he should 100% be able to accomplish this with no disruption. I don't think he could though, and thats a problem.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And he used to be able to. People point out that he used to be the SAHP. Operative term is "used to be". He hasn't been a reliable caregiver for a while. That's what I and a few others have been getting at.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

IceCreamCone wrote:I think it's safe to say at this point that C&K have some fiercely loyal fans, and some former fans who are starting to really question things. No one is going to change anyone else's mind, so I don't know why people even try. We get it. It made perfect sense to some people that Cullen wouldn't go. Why not enjoy himself at a game? Thing is.. to some people it doesn't make sense if he was that sick. If he wasn't very sick, then it was stupid for Cullen to clickbait it like that. The criticism could have been prevented by making better choices, including not acting like Brooks was seriously ill if he wasn't.

To me it's a big picture thing. Something has been different since they moved and Cullen started spending more time with Jay. I used to roll my eyes when people would suggest that Cullen was drunk of high, but now I'm not so sure. He's definitely out of touch at home. I would expect this from a husband that's busy working long hours away from home, but not one that is there 24/7. My goal as a mother has always been to make sure that things are running so smoothly and predictably that if something were to happen to me that my husband could step up and keep things moving with as little disruption to the routine as possible. Would Cullen be able to do this? Does he know the routine? Could he handle Brooks and MG alone?

If Katie suddenly had to leave for a few days, do we really think she would trust Cullen to watch both kids alone and do it competently? He's home with them 24/7 anyway, so he should 100% be able to accomplish this with no disruption. I don't think he could though, and thats a problem.
I think Katie would leave MG with Cullen because she able (and willing!) to tell him the routine. She'd probably send Brooks to her mother's though.

No way he could step in and handle both kids alone. I think it would be good for both their channel and their relationship to see him try though Image

Return to “Cullen and Katie”