DailyDoseofClickbait (Part 96)

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: DailyDoseofClickbait (Part 96)

Unread post by thenightowl »

tintin15 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I think if people are going to talk about Bryan's weight all the time, then Missy's weight should be fair game too. I know it's been unpopular because most of us here are women, but Missy is no longer postpartum, and most of her weight gain has nothing to do with pregnancy and everything to do with a crappy lifestyle. When she was smaller she wasn't necessarily any healthier than Bryan who arguably eats a mildly better diet. Now that she's putting on weight though (and let's be real here, she is now overweight), it should be just as important to mention Missy's weight as it is Bryan's.
Bryan's diet is better, I agree. Especially because he lets vegetables go beyond touching the tip of his tongue unlike Missy. Missy's just too "picky" to ever be healthy...she'll never attempt to change her diet, so she's just going to work out fruitlessly and stay at the weight she is or continue to gain weight. And, imo (bc the mention of Bryan's weight made me think of this), I don't think she'd let Bryan lose weight even if he tried. She wouldn't change anything to help (you know she'd eat junk in front of him all the time) and we already saw, she barely even let's him walk the dog without butting in.
I remember when he lost a lot of weight (It was one of the first vlogs I watched of them) they went on lunch together and he had a bag of carrot sticks (or something like that) and she ordered food for herself.. Ack, it was something like that and now I need to go find that vlog.
Acbsktbll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Acbsktbll »

cat9480 wrote:
queentee20 wrote:So Missy posted on her story that she ran out of gas... HOW?! Idk about you guys but we don’t get on the road with less than half a tank
AGAIN?!?!? Seriously. How is this woman an adult?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fucking pathetic! And see where they stopped?? Someone's going to hit them one day

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
sammibro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sammibro »

lmmomSD wrote:
queentee20 wrote:So Missy posted on her story that she ran out of gas... HOW?! Idk about you guys but we don’t get on the road with less than half a tank
Plus, those Volvo's have lots of bells and whistles to let you know when you're getting low.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Exactly! When they went to Idlywild (sp?) earlier this year, they were riding on fumes, and Bryan even mentioned that the "vulva" had an indicator that showed how many miles were left before the tank was empty. There's zero excuse to run out of gas with that tech in the car. Don't they know they are messing up their engine by constantly running out of gas? I guess cars are expendable as their friends... I mean assistants. They must not have had an assistant there to pump their gas for them today, and Papa must have had to come to the rescue again. Major eye roll!!!

Thegoatsmeow

Unread post by Thegoatsmeow »

http://www.dpchallenge.com/profile.php?USER_ID=131231

I was reading the earlier message boards and saw someone post this link, has Bryan ever mentioned the stuff in the first paragraph before? I can't picture him singing opera!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

Thegoatsmeow wrote:http://www.dpchallenge.com/profile.php?USER_ID=131231
I was reading the earlier message boards and saw someone post this link, has Bryan ever mentioned the stuff in the first paragraph before? I can't picture him singing opera!

I have never seen this before, and I am in tears from laughing. "The only known 3rd grader to participate in 4th grade choir." ImageImageImage Who knew we had such a prodigy on our hands? The rare and elusive Bryan Lanning. Then he was "plagued by polyps" and "had to resign" from the kiddie choir. ImageImageImage

I can't imagine why he was mercifully bullied.

shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

They run out of gas a couple times a year if not more.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

cat9480 wrote:

I have never seen this before, and I am in tears from laughing. "The only known 3rd grader to participate in 4th grade choir." ImageImageImage Who knew we had such a prodigy on our hands? The rare and elusive Bryan Lanning. Then he was "plagued by polyps" and "had to resign" from the kiddie choir. ImageImageImage

And you would think that if he had polyps before, he would have been taught that you don't mess with your voice the way he does and have it last. Idiot.

Replying to two posts at once. About participating with other parents: Sam from Samika was talking today about the new neighborhood they're in and how great it is. Noah is younger than Ollie, and is on a soccer team. They _just_ moved. They're already making friends in their new neighborhood. Bryan and Missy don't want friends. They want the _image_ of being popular, and throw big parties, but they don't want to put themselves out there. The parties are other YouTubers, not really friends. I'm a homebody. I can't judge them if that's their issue, but I have friends. I talk to the parents of my daughter's friends at Special Olympics practice. I encourage her to have friends. They don't do anything for those kids except give them stuff. And take them to amusement parks. But the kids watching think they're the best parents ever. That's sad.

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

lmmomSD wrote:
cat9480 wrote:

And you would think that if he had polyps before, he would have been taught that you don't mess with your voice the way he does and have it last. Idiot.

Replying to two posts at once. About participating with other parents: Sam from Samika was talking today about the new neighborhood they're in and how great it is. Noah is younger than Ollie, and is on a soccer team. They _just_ moved. They're already making friends in their new neighborhood. Bryan and Missy don't want friends. They want the _image_ of being popular, and throw big parties, but they don't want to put themselves out there. The parties are other YouTubers, not really friends. I'm a homebody. I can't judge them if that's their issue, but I have friends. I talk to the parents of my daughter's friends at Special Olympics practice. I encourage her to have friends. They don't do anything for those kids except give them stuff. And take them to amusement parks. But the kids watching think they're the best parents ever. That's sad.

He is limited...but he is a survivor.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

A quick Google search...and there's no such thing as an "Idaho Children's Opera." The only result is Bryan's bio from above. :-o :-o :-o

To be fair, you can't really compare Samika and the Lannings. Samika are Mormons and moved into a Mormon neighborhood in a suburb of Phoenix known for being LDS-friendly, so of course they'll fit right in immediately. Sam and Jenn are also MUCH more outgoing and friendly.

The Lannings are a bit "different" in general. I don't think they are very friendly or welcoming to most people. Their only friends are family or from high school. The YT friendships are just faked for content - I'd even include Cullen/Katie & Ellie/Jared in that.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ewokfan11 wrote:A quick Google search...and there's no such thing as an "Idaho Children's Opera." The only result is Bryan's bio from above. :-o :-o :-o

To be fair, you can't really compare Samika and the Lannings. Samika are Mormons and moved into a Mormon neighborhood in a suburb of Phoenix known for being LDS-friendly, so of course they'll fit right in immediately. Sam and Jenn are also MUCH more outgoing and friendly.

The Lannings are a bit "different" in general. I don't think they are very friendly or welcoming to most people. Their only friends are family or from high school. The YT friendships are just faked for content - I'd even include Cullen/Katie & Ellie/Jared in that.
I get that it's a bad comparison. But Bryan and Missy have been going to church--haven't made any friends. It's like I said- they want to appear popular "Look at our fun parties! See, we have so many friends!" But they also want to be above everyone, and you can't make real friends that way. Nor can you buy them with jobs or views on YouTube. Sad that they seem to think that's the only thing they have to offer.
And Ollie should be in soccer or t-ball or something. He has a lot of energy like most kids his age, and should be in a sport where he can run around and play with other kids. Have they even been in their fancy pool lately (that we know of)? It's certainly been warm enough! 103 today!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
lurkernomore
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lurkernomore »

natalka81 wrote: My personal opinion is that neither Missy nor Bryan's weight are particularly relevant. But I get that this is a gossip site.
I know the conversation has kind of died down but I wanted to weigh in (pun totally intended).

I'm with you, girl. Making fun of peoples' weight makes me feel shallow and nasty, so I don't do it. If other people are cool with it, I guess that's their business ... but making fun of peoples' weight doesn't make ME feel good. Yes, I get that this is a gossip site and I don't come here for the scintillating intellectual discourse, but I am kind of shocked about how much animosity a bunch of people sitting around on an internet message board seem to have about fat people (except for I'm not because I'm an actual fat person who lives in the world).

I don't buy 90% of the "I'm concerned about their health" nonsense. Standard concern trolling (only slightly less speculative, because we do see how truly unbalanced their diet is because they're vloggers). The nastiest comments here are NOT about their diets (which we all know are not good), but about how unattractive they are. I often wonder "Good lord, what would these people all say about me behind my back?"

But any time I express a differing opinion the responses I get are "if you don't like it, leave" ... or I get accused of being Mimi on the low ... so I'm content just not to participate in the body shaming and chime in with my two cents now and then. Personally, I think their bigger moral failing as parents is the rampant consumerism, the way they devalue education, the infantilization of their boys, and the generally half-assed approach to discipline and safety.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

lmmomSD wrote:Have they even been in their fancy pool lately (that we know of)? It's certainly been warm enough! 103 today!
Could the pool be broken again??! I've only skimmed the last week or so of vlogs, but you're right that they haven't used it or even shown it on the vlog!!
sammi1991
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by sammi1991 »

@lurkernomore

Amen sister.

Long time lurker here, I've been reading here for years and have pretty much agreed with everything that's been said. Missy and Brian defiantly have some issues, plenty that I'd love to comment on. But fat shaming is not one of them. It's easy for people to sit behind a computer and fat shame someone when most likely they're overweight themselves. I just couldn't sit back and read here anymore, this subject has really irked me! Sure, missy eats like shit. In all the years I've watched them, I've never seen her eat a veggie. Nor do their kids eat veggies, it's the parents fault. However I don't believe missy is fat at all, she's put on a couple of pounds but who doesn't!?? She's unhealthy, but she's not too overweight. Damn, I'd be happy be with her body. I think that's what is irking me. Women should be helping each other, not putting each other down. If missy does read here, then maybe if someone said something motivating and helpful, it may change her way of thinking about food. My two cents- missy you're loaded with cash, get yourself a personal chief and eat better!
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

Just watched yesterday's vlog. Did World Traveler Bryan really tell Ollie that Canadian quarter was from London? It literally says "Canada" in all caps right on it. Lord, please don't let them homeschool.

They left the fridge AND freezer wide open while Finn was pouting and they were trying to get him to play with that toy. It was a full minute of the vlog with a bunch of cuts. Wasteful much?

Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

lurkernomore wrote:
natalka81 wrote: My personal opinion is that neither Missy nor Bryan's weight are particularly relevant. But I get that this is a gossip site.
I know the conversation has kind of died down but I wanted to weigh in (pun totally intended).

I'm with you, girl. Making fun of peoples' weight makes me feel shallow and nasty, so I don't do it. If other people are cool with it, I guess that's their business ... but making fun of peoples' weight doesn't make ME feel good. Yes, I get that this is a gossip site and I don't come here for the scintillating intellectual discourse, but I am kind of shocked about how much animosity a bunch of people sitting around on an internet message board seem to have about fat people (except for I'm not because I'm an actual fat person who lives in the world).

I don't buy 90% of the "I'm concerned about their health" nonsense. Standard concern trolling (only slightly less speculative, because we do see how truly unbalanced their diet is because they're vloggers). The nastiest comments here are NOT about their diets (which we all know are not good), but about how unattractive they are. I often wonder "Good lord, what would these people all say about me behind my back?"

But any time I express a differing opinion the responses I get are "if you don't like it, leave" ... or I get accused of being Mimi on the low ... so I'm content just not to participate in the body shaming and chime in with my two cents now and then. Personally, I think their bigger moral failing as parents is the rampant consumerism, the way they devalue education, the infantilization of their boys, and the generally half-assed approach to discipline and safety.
I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. This weight conversation has been making me really uncomfortable. I'm overweight, and I look at Missy and she is a lot smaller than me. I know I'm looking at this through the eyes of a fat girl, but I just don't feel like a lot of the fat talk is warranted when it comes to Missy. Yes, her diet is generally awful (worse than mine tbh), but she is really not that overweight.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

sammi1991 wrote:@lurkernomore

Amen sister.

Long time lurker here, I've been reading here for years and have pretty much agreed with everything that's been said. Missy and Brian defiantly have some issues, plenty that I'd love to comment on. But fat shaming is not one of them. It's easy for people to sit behind a computer and fat shame someone when most likely they're overweight themselves. I just couldn't sit back and read here anymore, this subject has really irked me! Sure, missy eats like shit. In all the years I've watched them, I've never seen her eat a veggie. Nor do their kids eat veggies, it's the parents fault. However I don't believe missy is fat at all, she's put on a couple of pounds but who doesn't!?? She's unhealthy, but she's not too overweight. Damn, I'd be happy be with her body. I think that's what is irking me. Women should be helping each other, not putting each other down. If missy does read here, then maybe if someone said something motivating and helpful, it may change her way of thinking about food. My two cents- missy you're loaded with cash, get yourself a personal chief and eat better!
You are all missing the point. Days and days of dat shaming Bryan and none of you step in and say something, but everyone Missy gets brought into it it's too far. I don't think Bryan should be mocked and shamed as he is, but if weight is a topic for discussion, then Missy's rapid weight gain IS CONCERNING. It's the elephant in the room no one mentions because people are more sensitive to her feelings because she's a woman.

And yes most of us do care about their health because this is the same diet they are feeding their children. It's going to lead to all kinds of health issues, and is likely to blame for Oliver's sudden crashes. It isn't lack of information, because they once mocked parents for feeding their children French fries. They know what's healthy/unhealthy and they just don't care.

Their comments section is for motivating/encouraging/supporting them. Mention their health though and you'll be blocked. This site is for discussing their vlogs freely where they don't have to read if they don't want to.

Lol at the "she's put on a couple of pounds but who doesn't?" She has put on at least 20 pounds in the last 3 years. At her weight, that has significant health consequences. Not to mention how bad it probably is for her back, which is a concern given her mother's back issues.

This was Missy after she had Oliver....

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... b7a809.png[/img]
Last edited by HelloSweetie on Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
spillingthetea
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by spillingthetea »

Amen sister.

To me she is very fat, maybe it is because where i live everyone eats healthy and we are rather skinny. I am skinny and work out so to me she is fat. This is a gossip site and i dont really care or have to care about her feelings, im stating the obvious

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

HelloSweetie wrote:

Amen sister.

You are all missing the point. Days and days of dat shaming Bryan and none of you step in and say something, but everyone Missy gets brought into it it's too far. I don't think Bryan should be mocked and shamed as he is, but if weight is a topic for discussion, then Missy's rapid weight gain IS CONCERNING. It's the elephant in the room no one mentions because people are more sensitive to her feelings because she's a woman.

And yes most of us do care about their health because this is the same diet they are feeding their children. It's going to lead to all kinds of health issues, and is likely to blame for Oliver's sudden crashes. It isn't lack of information, because they once mocked parents for feeding their children French fries. They know what's healthy/unhealthy and they just don't care.

Their comments section is for motivating/encouraging/supporting them. Mention their health though and you'll be blocked. This site is for discussing their vlogs freely where they don't have to read if they don't want to.

Lol at the "she's put on a couple of pounds but who doesn't?" She has put on at least 20 pounds in the last 3 years. At her weight, that has significant health consequences. Not to mention how bad it probably is for her back, which is a concern given her mother's back issues.
I can only speak for myself, but I don't like the discussion about Bryan's weight either. I generally don't participate at all in the weight discussions, but I agreed with lurkernomore and wanted to tell her that. Like I said before though, I'm probably sensitive about this topic because I'm looking at it through the eyes of someone with similar issues.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Honestly, they both it like crap. The problem is they feed to dependents like crap. The boys are developing physically, mentally and emotionally and need proper nutrition. I wonder if Mimi cooked healthy meals or if she over cooked vegetables so they were unbearable to eat. My mom boiled all vegetables. I hated eating the mush. I roast vegetables and love them now. Maybe Missy could hire a “ friend” to show Bryan and her how to make tasty healthy food. Missy and Bryan are both short so any small amount of weight gain will show. I will admit once I gave up daily lattes I lost weight. Once I started eating healthy and moving I lost more. It is a constant battle because chocolate just calls me and tempts me.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Ducklings4 wrote:Honestly, they both it like crap. The problem is they feed to dependents like crap. The boys are developing physically, mentally and emotionally and need proper nutrition. I wonder if Mimi cooked healthy meals or if she over cooked vegetables so they were unbearable to eat. My mom boiled all vegetables. I hated eating the mush. I roast vegetables and love them now. Maybe Missy could hire a “ friend” to show Bryan and her how to make tasty healthy food. Missy and Bryan are both short so any small amount of weight gain will show. I will admit once I gave up daily lattes I lost weight. Once I started eating healthy and moving I lost more. It is a constant battle because chocolate just calls me and tempts me.

sorry for my typos. Auto correct is actually auto incorrect today

Return to “Daily Bumps”