Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by lmmomSD »

She's gotta get those boys a haircut that looks ok if she doesn't have time to fix it. That's why I always say that a haircut that needs all that product on a kid is silly. Boston's hair was totally in his eyes all day.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Lincoln is such a joy to watch. I would sub to a channel that consisted solely of following that kid around. He has the whole family wrapped around his finger, and that has the potential to be awful, but he's such a charmer! (I bet it drives Ellie nuts)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

RecklessDisregard wrote:Lincoln is such a joy to watch. I would sub to a channel that consisted solely of following that kid around. He has the whole family wrapped around his finger, and that has the potential to be awful, but he's such a charmer! (I bet it drives Ellie nuts)
He was so cute when Joel was counting fingers with him. Bryan and Missy, that is how you teach little kids. It's not "boring sitting behind a desk learning". It's fun!

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

It's hard to tell from Bonnie's vagueness...but it sounds like their kids are getting bullied at school (probably because they are on YT). Bonnie wants to teach her kids to punch other kids! :-o

Well, it was bound to happen! Bonnie is bad role model - she even admits she didn't know making fun of people isn't FUNNY. FFS! That woman needed to LEARN a few lessons!! Bonnie WAS the bully (and actually a total BITCH) all her life. Karma!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

My oldest is 10 and I could totally relate to the struggle about teaching your kids to deal with bullies. It's hard to find a balance between teaching them to defend themselves and telling them when to just ignore it. I can't judge Bonnie for wanting to teach them to punch because I've always told my son that if someone puts their hands on him he will never get in trouble from me for defending himself. Luckily, that's never happened.

I'm sure the vlogs give the mean kids extra ammo to use, but I'm not so sure that was necessarily what it was. Kids are mean, and will make fun of just about anything. Fortunately unless it's systemic bullying, it usually comes and goes as dynamics are formed and social groups establish themselves. But it could also just be a child swearing and calling names.... I know my 10 year old would be particularly sensitive to that and that for some kids these things are completely normal because they hear words like that at home.

Other thought...

Joel with the "questions" was so cute.

Bonnie and smelling Olivia's teddy (because baby breath) is just gross and weird to me.

I swear Lincoln knows the names of more Paw Patrol characters than Calvin knows words. He's learning so fast!
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Joels commentary about Frank, Bonnie and the kids made me laugh.

Bonnie and Ellies obsession with baby breath makes me sick.

I like seeing Bonnie grow as a person as she has been vlogging. she is still so honest (the punching comment, totally something I would have said) and knowing that she was a mean kid in school and loving how kind Joel was/is.

I feel so bad about the bullying. I honestly don't think it was about the vlogging, I just didn't get that vibe about it. The way Bonnie said the child was saying nasty stuff made me think something else.
chs6213
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by chs6213 »

I didn’t get the impression that the situation with the kids was about vlogging either. I could be wrong but it sounded like a child was telling either Olivia or Cody an inappropriate story and they wanted the child to stop and maybe the child got upset and started saying nasty things and teasing them?

That’s what I got from Bonnie saying they heard inappropriate things, Joel saying the child must not be from a happy home and Bonnie saying her kid was scared of getting in trouble for saying stop but she wants them to stand their ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

kaylnoel wrote:I didn’t get the impression that the situation with the kids was about vlogging either. I could be wrong but it sounded like a child was telling either Olivia or Cody an inappropriate story and they wanted the child to stop and maybe the child got upset and started saying nasty things and teasing them?

That’s what I got from Bonnie saying they heard inappropriate things, Joel saying the child must not be from a happy home and Bonnie saying her kid was scared of getting in trouble for saying stop but she wants them to stand their ground.

Thats how I understood it too. It didn't seem like just "regular" bullying or kids being mean to each other.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

kaylnoel wrote:I didn’t get the impression that the situation with the kids was about vlogging either. I could be wrong but it sounded like a child was telling either Olivia or Cody an inappropriate story and they wanted the child to stop and maybe the child got upset and started saying nasty things and teasing them?

Yes, this is exactly what I thought. Very well put.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Since it's Halloween a lot of the kids at my son's school are trying to outdo eachother with horror stories they've seen. I know "IT" has come up a lot and my son has heard some parts of it that don't sit well. I wonder if it was something like that?
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Well, if she called the principal I think it has to do with their family being bullied. Some little "horror" stories or off-color comments are pretty much the norm on playgrounds. Plus, don't all schools have parent directories? Why didn't she just call up the offending kid's parents??

All of the kids, parents and teachers must watch their vlogs - and some probably say negative things about Bonnie, Joel and the kids at their own homes - then that gets back to the kids at school! It's the "dark side" of YT "fame" they never really want to talk about. At least they don't have the same problems Shay's kids have!! YIKES!

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the start of pulling the kids out of public school in their small town.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

ewokfan11 wrote:Well, if she called the principal I think it has to do with their family being bullied. Some little "horror" stories or off-color comments are pretty much the norm on playgrounds. Plus, don't all schools have parent directories? Why didn't she just call up the offending kid's parents??

All of the kids, parents and teachers must watch their vlogs - and some probably say negative things about Bonnie, Joel and the kids at their own homes - then that gets back to the kids at school! It's the "dark side" of YT "fame" they never really want to talk about. At least they don't have the same problems Shay's kids have!! YIKES!

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the start of pulling the kids out of public school in their small town.
Do you have school age kids? If it's about something the kid learned at home, what do you suppose that parent is going to do if you call them up directly and ask them? We always go through the teacher with any concerns because I'm more of the subtle type.

I actually think Bonnie would have been less likely to call of it were vlog related because she would have told the kids to be happy and proud of who they are and just ignore it. Letting the principal know means whatever happened was something the school should be aware of IMO. More than just the petty picking at one another kids do.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

ewokfan11 wrote:Well, if she called the principal I think it has to do with their family being bullied. Some little "horror" stories or off-color comments are pretty much the norm on playgrounds. Plus, don't all schools have parent directories? Why didn't she just call up the offending kid's parents??
I may have misunderstood, but I thought that the principal called Bonnie? I got the feeling that there was a minor altercation and the other child got in trouble, and the principal called to let them know what had happened. No?
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

ewokfan11 wrote: Plus, don't all schools have parent directories? Why didn't she just call up the offending kid's parents??
Yikes, it is absolutely not ok to call and confront parents about an issue at school. If it happens at school, you need to call the school and allow the school to deal with the issue.

I 100% do not think it is about Vlogging at all.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
I may have misunderstood, but I thought that the principal called Bonnie? I got the feeling that there was a minor altercation and the other child got in trouble, and the principal called to let them know what had happened. No?
No, SHE called the school! It was totally a confrontational situation between a Hollein kid and other kids. You can tell by what they say and what they are LEAVING out of the story.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

ewokfan11 wrote:
Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
No, SHE called the school! It was totally a confrontational situation between a Hollein kid and other kids. You can tell by what they say and what they are LEAVING out of the story.
No. YOU can tell from that. Some of us disagree. I have a kid in school, don't vlog, and can totally relate to both their frustrations, the sound of the conflict, and how it was handled. Not saying they won't be bullied due to vlogging, but I don't feel this was it.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I feel like this is something she could have just left out of the vlog entirely. It raises too much speculation. I agree that it probably has nothing or very little to do with the fact that the kids are from a YT family, at least this time, but I do think it's probably best kept private. I would be very worried about contacting a child's family directly, though. It really should be the school that deals with it in my opinion. To be honest, I was raised by very strong 'NO physical fighting no matter what' parents so it's hard for me to get behind the 'hit someone if they are hurting you' argument (and fortunately the issue didn't come up anyway), but I do understand that it's a response many parents have. Just not one I do.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

natalka81 wrote:I feel like this is something she could have just left out of the vlog entirely. It raises too much speculation. I agree that it probably has nothing or very little to do with the fact that the kids are from a YT family, at least this time, but I do think it's probably best kept private. I would be very worried about contacting a child's family directly, though. It really should be the school that deals with it in my opinion. To be honest, I was raised by very strong 'NO physical fighting no matter what' parents so it's hard for me to get behind the 'hit someone if they are hurting you' argument (and fortunately the issue didn't come up anyway), but I do understand that it's a response many parents have. Just not one I do.
I was lucky enough to never have really been bullied in school, so I was never put in the position to need to fight back. I will admit to telling my son this though, and this is why....

I can remember one boy being terribly pushed around and bullied in high school. Why? He was too nice and gentle to ever do anything about it. Kinda like the kids that would get locked in lockers because they would just get in when told. I don't want my son to be that kid. There was another boy in the same crowd that was terribly quiet and rarely ever talked. I always found it fascinating that the "bullies" would just leave him alone. I came to find years later that this was because he had a black belt in TKD and Judo. They had tried to mess with him once and he put up enough of a fight that it wasn't worth it. He also had a quiet confidence that the bullies just couldn't get through.

My oldest is very sensitive and kind. We have worked on his confidence and have put him in TKD so we know he could handle himself if he ever had to. No one has a right to put their hands on him and he now knows it. One day a "friend" tried to grab him and throw him to the ground and he stood his ground and was able to use self defence to toss them. They have left him alone ever since. Bullies will find the target of least resistance and I don't want that to be my child. I feel this applies to sexual predators as well.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Personal, so feel free to scroll by: We did tell our kids that if someone hit them, it was ok to hit back, but that it wasn't ok to hit first. I was physically bullied in 6th grade -- we had just moved across country, and I was stupid enough to be vocal about the fact that I thought Virginia was better than California, lol. This bigger girl would mess with me whenever the teacher left the room. And then in 7th grade, this girl who thought I "stole" her best friend put mean letters in my locker-- to the point where I stopped using my locker for a while.. I refused to let my mom call hers. Once I got past it, I realized that bullies feel so ugly inside that the only way they can feel better is to put others down. I tried to teach my kids that to help them get past being picked on. But I didn't want them to think it was ok for anyone to put hands on them. So yeah, we said they should hit back.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I love that we can have this kind of discussion here! You're offering very interesting and well-informed perspectives. Thank you! :)

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”