Shorty02
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyDoseofClickbait (Part 96)

Unread post by Shorty02 »

queentee20 wrote:Vlog is really late again... wonder what’s going on
I don't know, but a part of me hopes it's scandalous lol.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

queentee20 wrote:Gawd I now understand why M&B try so hard to be child friendly. YouTube demonetizes for EVERYTHING!!! 2 videos of mine in the passed 24 hours were demonetized for not being family friendly... this is why YouTube is going to shit, they’ve allowed advertisers to be TOO picky. I literally had a video about why I became a cheerleader & it was flagged as controversial. Maybe this is why bryan’s Late with the vlog? You gotta be VERY picky about what you title the video & tag :/
It's weird that Bryan and Missy, Ellie and Jared, and Cullen and Katie all got their start posting vlogs that would be considered "not advertiser friendly" these days. I think it's sad. YouTube used to be someplace where creative people could have an outlet and find an audience. But now it's all about the money-- prank videos and toy vlogs. I guess if people uploading don't care about the money, they can still upload whatever they want, but YouTube will make it harder for audiences to find them. DB wouldn't be where they are today without loss videos. They sure found the formula for money though!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:
queentee20 wrote:Gawd I now understand why M&B try so hard to be child friendly. YouTube demonetizes for EVERYTHING!!! 2 videos of mine in the passed 24 hours were demonetized for not being family friendly... this is why YouTube is going to shit, they’ve allowed advertisers to be TOO picky. I literally had a video about why I became a cheerleader & it was flagged as controversial. Maybe this is why bryan’s Late with the vlog? You gotta be VERY picky about what you title the video & tag :/
It's weird that Bryan and Missy, Ellie and Jared, and Cullen and Katie all got their start posting vlogs that would be considered "not advertiser friendly" these days. I think it's sad. YouTube used to be someplace where creative people could have an outlet and find an audience. But now it's all about the money-- prank videos and toy vlogs. I guess if people uploading don't care about the money, they can still upload whatever they want, but YouTube will make it harder for audiences to find them. DB wouldn't be where they are today without loss videos. They sure found the formula for money though!

If you truly care about helping people then you'll make vids and post regardless of demonetization.

You truly become a sell out when you start ONLY thinking about the money, and lose sight of why you started making vids in the first place.

*But I don't think B&M and E&J ever cared about helping others. That was always put on just to help build a following. They always had money and fame in mind.
QweenKris
Talker
Talker

Unread post by QweenKris »

I got all kinds of snarky comments on here for saying Missy was fat. How come no one else got that same lovely treatment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

If you truly care about helping people then you'll make vids and post regardless of demonetization.

You truly become a sell out when you start ONLY thinking about the money, and lose sight of why you started making vids in the first place.

*But I don't think B&M and E&J ever cared about helping others. That was always put on just to help build a following. They always had money and fame in mind.
The thing is though, that even people who really care about content and helping others, who continue to upload videos will be screwed in a way because of the way YouTube promotes videos. If they're not advertiser friendly, they won't get promoted, and people will have to actually search for them to find them, and they won't show up higher in the search results anyway. That is what I was lamenting. With the new rules, it's harder for people to find the new creators. Yes, people who really care about their content can still upload, but they're harder for viewers to find-- and that's what I find sad. It discourages innovation.

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

I think he's just getting lazy again. There was a period of time where it was constantly late and the minions were whining, and then they switched to an earlier time (damage control, I think) and it was pretty regular for a couple months. Now he's back to his old ways. Can you imagine if he had a traditional job where he actually had to be on time and get stuff done before deadlines?

lucycat732
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lucycat732 »

Misk wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: Lol at the "she's put on a couple of pounds but who doesn't?" She has put on at least 20 pounds in the last 3 years. At her weight, that has significant health consequences. Not to mention how bad it probably is for her back, which is a concern given her mother's back issues.
Regarding Missy's weight, I agree with you. It has become really obvious in the last 6 months or so she has put on quite a lot weight.

Personally, I don't think it is down to her changing her diet. I think she has probably always had a really unhealthy diet. The reality is is that she is hitting her late-20s now, and for quite a few people their metabolism starts to slow down at that point. I know plenty of friends who ate nothing but junk food in their 20s and were thin as a rake before it caught up with them as they hit their 30s, and they quickly put on a lot of weight. I suspect that is happening with Missy too.
THIS. It's so true. My metabolism hit a wall a couple years ago. But I still love donuts and pasta and alcohol, so I just exercise a lot. It's not exactly fun, but you've gotta make adjustments if you wanna continue to enjoy the finer things in life!
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

queentee20 wrote:
cat9480 wrote:
I think he's just getting lazy again. There was a period of time where it was constantly late and the minions were whining, and then they switched to an earlier time (damage control, I think) and it was pretty regular for a couple months. Now he's back to his old ways. Can you imagine if he had a traditional job where he actually had to be on time and get stuff done before deadlines?

Oh I haven’t noticed the pattern, when I was in high school I would just watch them when I got home at 5... but now that I have a free schedule I notice when he’s late and when he’s not. He definitely wouldn’t survive in the real world
Yeah, it was a whole thing awhile back. He got all defensive on Twitter about how they've never missed a day of vlogging, and that means that they ever get a day off. And how getting a video up every day isn't easy, blah blah blah...he always has an excuse.

100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

I can add to this. Recently I've had to spend a lot of time on a wifi network that's automatically enable restricted mode in the YouTube app and not allow you to turn it off (yes, apparently you can do that). Not only is the Daily Bumps channel completely hidden in this mode (you can't bring it up by search), a lot of their videos are too, even very recent ones (I just checked again and a couple from the last week aren't visible). I have to switch to LTE (turns the restricted mode back off) or go to Bryan's twitter and click the link if I want to see the vlog. I just thought that was interesting. It may be part of why they've been trying so hard lately to be kid friendly.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

Wow. I don't think I've ever judged them as hard as I do today. Missy not only ran out of gas, but ended up getting a ride home for her and Ollie with a random stranger. She had no service to call for help, and was on a hill that wasn't really safe to walk on - so her choice was taking a ride from someone, or walking up the hill with Ollie. (Bryan said to comment what you would do in this situation....umm, I would plan ahead so it didn't happen in the first place!)

Things happen, but they have run out of gas so many times and lost important stuff so many times. They've completely crossed the line between "everyone makes mistakes" and "we are completely irresponsible." I think I said back when she lost her wallet on the plane that it's one thing when her ditziness affects only her and Bryan, but completely another thing when it involves small children who rely on her. It's not "so funny" (as Bryan put it), it's so scary that she is like this and is responsible for raising two children. And she somehow believes it's cute and that it's all good because she has Mimi and Papa to rescue her. (At one point, she was sitting on the side of the road hoping Papa would just know to show up because she was in trouble )

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

DailyDoseofClickbait (Part 96)

Unread post by Theirmom »

They're fake news.

There's no way they got a ride with a stranger. How many strangers are like "sure, I'll get some b-roll camera footage for you"?
Nah. She walked up the road until she had a signal and called Daddy for help.

She's such a ditz. Loses stuff constantly, breaks her phone several times a year, can't handle her two kids on her own for any length of time and this isn't even the first time she's run out of gas.
Mimi and Papa were shitty parents, and they did a terrible job of raising Missy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:roll:
Bananasplit
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bananasplit »

Wow this women is stupid. It did feel very staged so I'm sure it wasn't as scary as they made it seem. I hope it's staged and she's not dumb enough to get in a car with a stranger with her child.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

Today’s vlog... sorry I really get the feeling the whole thing was a set up. Like it was noted yesterday, that car had plenty of bells and whistles to let her know she’s low on gas. I find it very hard to believe she’s actually that stupid.
Ollie is NOT a toddler you idiots!
Her talking outside about being picked up by someone then coming in to tell brylard, with Ollie sitting right there. If it had really happened wouldn’t she and Ollie have come in together? Or Ollie would have been so excited to tell his dad? Plus, brylards reaction was the worst acting ever!
Jim really didn’t look too happy when HE was putting the gas in the car. Why did she have to call her dad? We know they have numerous cars? Then to actually have Jim do the work of putting the gas in.
Of course missy wasn’t worried enough not to film her “hitch-hiking”. Or more of a set up? Probably. I can here it now “babe while your dad is putting the gas in the car let me film you pretending to hitch hike. It’s be great the minions will love it!!!!”

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Theirmom wrote:They're fake news.

There's no way they got a ride with a stranger. How many strangers are like "sure, I'll get some b-roll camera footage for you"?

She's such a ditz. Loses stuff constantly, breaks her phone several times a year, can't handle her two kids on her own for any length of time and this isn't even the first time she's run out of gas.
Mimi and Papa were shitty parents, and they did a terrible job of raising Missy.

Now they are raising Ollie and Finn.. may the circle, be unbroken..
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

TChristine wrote:

I thought it seemed sketchy when it showed someone else filming them too. I'd be so embarrassed in that situation that the last thing I'd ask a stranger for was to film me.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I'm sure Bryan filmed that when they went back with Papa. They just inserted into the earlier part.

I don't know - I believe she got a ride with someone. For sure the part where she told Bryan was staged...Ollie was already in there on the tablet with him and his reaction was so fake, but he seemed genuinely surprised that she got a ride with someone. And the hitchhiking shots were clearly Bryan's doing - we all know he jumps on any opportunity to exploit drama. We've seen Missy feeling stupid and embarrassed about doing something ditzy enough that it's easy to tell when she's being real - I believe her part of the story, but I think Bryan took it and ran with it for views.

TChristine
Talker
Talker

Unread post by TChristine »

I thought it seemed sketchy when it showed someone else filming them too. I'd be so embarrassed in that situation that the last thing I'd ask a stranger for was to film me.

If she really did get a ride home from a stranger then I can see Bryan getting those shots while papa filled the tank up.

You think she would have at least called Bryan once she got service to explain what happened and say she was in a car with a stranger. Also, did that stranger just happen to have a carseat in their car? Or did she further endanger him by letting him ride without one. I would have just walked or had someone drop me off at the nearest gas station or store and waited by my spouse. That stranger knows where they live now too.

She's so irresponsible if it was real. She put her child in danger being on the side of the road then going in a car with a stranger. This could have been easily avoided. It's one thing to inconvenience yourself by losing a phone or wallet but when you're putting your child in danger you need to get your shit together. I'd maybe have an ounce of sympathy for her if this hadn't happened to her before.

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

The way most kept rubbing her face, eyes and tapping her forehead just shows you she's lying.

TChristine
Talker
Talker

Unread post by TChristine »

This minion has more common sense than Missy.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 53ff7e.jpg[/img]

People are calling them out in the comments questioning who filmed them when they were hitchhiking. Glad some of them see it's suspicious...

Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

TChristine wrote:This minion has more common sense than Missy.

People are calling them out in the comments questioning who filmed them when they were hitchhiking. Glad some of them see it's suspicious... [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 53ff7e.jpg[/img]

I like the comment underneath it that says “cultist family.” I’m sure they meant to type cutest, but it’s funny considering who they’re talking about.
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

queentee20 wrote:Pause at 2:40 and look at missy’s eyeliner
Oh, the makeup was ROUGH today. I don't understand it. Either learn to apply makeup so it looks nice, don't use it. She doesn't need a ton of makeup - she looks fine *without* the clumpy spider mascara, but she looks terrible *with* it. I'm all for women applying whatever amount of makeup makes them feel confident and pretty, but learn how to use the stuff in a flattering way!

Return to “Daily Bumps”