DailyDoseofClickbait (Part 96)

spooky
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyDoseofClickbait (Part 96)

Unread post by spooky »

She's shown she's is irresponsible enough to run out of gas, so I believe that part. But no way did she hitchhike. So we're supposed to believe once she got a ride she didn't keep trying to call anyone to say "hey, I'm a dingaling and ran out of gas on a hill, so someone in a blue BMW is driving me home". She just walked into the house like "oh hey". IF this really happened, she would have been hysterical and whoever was in the house surely would have greeted her at the gate/garage wherever this wonderful stranger dropped them off (again...no calls from the time she lost service to her house...pretty sure they get service at the house and on the way to their neighborhood).

My theory is, she did run out of gas because, well, yeah. But it's more like someone left them use their phone and Papa rescued them (as usual). There is no way Missy wouldn't have been on the phone constantly trying to get a call through. She never said the phone was dead, just that there was no service.

#DailyDoseOfLies
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

queentee20 wrote:You guys love to blame jim & Susan for how Missy turned out but jim & Cassie aren’t like Missy... they seem way more capable of living on their own. Missy is the dependent 28 yr old baby
Uh, nope. Jimmy still lives at home in his mid 20's, and Cassie sleeps over at her parents place all the time, despite having her own place. Jimmy for sure is older than I was when I was married, pregnant and owned a home and two vehicles.
They're all horribly codependent.
:roll:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

TChristine wrote:This minion has more common sense than Missy.

People are calling them out in the comments questioning who filmed them when they were hitchhiking. Glad some of them see it's suspicious...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I'm glad that minion was smart enough to know that hitchhiking isn't a smart idea. They really don't think about the message they are sending to these 8 year olds who think they are the best thing ever. "but mom! Missy from Daily Bumps hitch hiked and it was fine!"
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Shorty02 wrote:

People are calling them out in the comments questioning who filmed them when they were hitchhiking. Glad some of them see it's suspicious... [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 53ff7e.jpg[/img]

I like the comment underneath it that says “cultist family.” I’m sure they meant to type cutest, but it’s funny considering who they’re talking about.
I noticed that too! LOL

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

cat9480 wrote:
queentee20 wrote:Pause at 2:40 and look at missy’s eyeliner
Oh, the makeup was ROUGH today. I don't understand it. Either learn to apply makeup so it looks nice, don't use it. She doesn't need a ton of makeup - she looks fine *without* the clumpy spider mascara, but she looks terrible *with* it. I'm all for women applying whatever amount of makeup makes them feel confident and pretty, but learn how to use the stuff in a flattering way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And it's not like there aren't 85 million videos on YouTube showing how.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:

People are calling them out in the comments questioning who filmed them when they were hitchhiking. Glad some of them see it's suspicious...

I'm glad that minion was smart enough to know that hitchhiking isn't a smart idea. They really don't think about the message they are sending to these 8 year olds who think they are the best thing ever. "but mom! Missy from Daily Bumps hitch hiked and it was fine!"
This. So many little kids look up to them and think they're goals and better than their own parents. Great message to send to all the kids whose parents are trying to hammer into their heads not to ever ever get in a car with a stranger.
Out of curiosity, did she move Ollie's car seat into the stranger's car?

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

queentee20 wrote:
Theirmom wrote:
queentee20 wrote:You guys love to blame jim & Susan for how Missy turned out but jim & Cassie aren’t like Missy... they seem way more capable of living on their own. Missy is the dependent 28 yr old baby
Uh, nope. Jimmy still lives at home in his mid 20's, and Cassie sleeps over at her parents place all the time, despite having her own place. Jimmy for sure is older than I was when I was married, pregnant and owned a home and two vehicles.
They're all horribly codependent.
Just because he lives at home does NOT mean he is codependent. He may not have found work yet, and not everyone falls in love & gets married right away! Some people, very smartly, want to establish a career and get off their feet before commiting themselves. He may not even be interested in dating right now! You don’t know where his priorities are. My cousin is 24 and lives with his parents, isn’t married, and it’s all because he’s going to grad school. Don’t be so quick to judge... and Cassie loves her family, she’s only some hours away, if she wants to visit then she can visit. AND a good portion of the times she does sleep over it’s to be able to film with Ollie or her family. She at least is going to College and pursuing higher education much like her brother. I will not stand people putting them down when both jimmy & Cassie actually care to better themselves unlike their peanut of a sister.
Good points. Living at home doesn't always equal codependency. If he is paying his own bills and working and being smart about establishing a career and getting his finances in order, I don't see anything wrong with it. We don't know that he isn't paying rent and helping his parents with work around the house and being a productive member of the household. Not everyone takes the same life path and that's ok. If he's not married or in a relationship and is kind of a quiet guy, it can be really lonely to go off and get an apartment for one. I guess I don't know enough about his situation to make a judgement - he could be a total leechy bum, but he could also be a normal young guy who is close with his family and lives with them, but not off them. There's nothing inherently wrong with that.

And I've always thought Cassie has things together. Her videos are not my thing, but she seems like a genuinely good person and hard worker. I teach kids her age, and I'm actually impressed with her financial independence - not many college kids can afford their own *nice* apartment and a new car while going to school full time. Even if her parents are helping with tuition and such, she is still more together than many kids her age. Yeah, her videos are ridiculously trendy and she knows her audience, but I don't think she exploits for money the way Missy and Bryan do...and she seems to genuinely enjoy making those types of videos.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Omg guys, I'm on this dangerous road with barely a shoulder cars whizzing by but don't worry ill be back later to Film footage of walking the street with my toddler.. Dumbass

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
DidEyeSayIt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DidEyeSayIt »

I truly believe Jimmy has a good head on his shoulders. I don’t think he will have any issues taking care of himself. Cassie seems to do alright, there is something about her though. She’s a bit doofy. I don’t know how to describe it. Haha. I actually feel bad for Missy though. She seems like she gets very frustrated with herself (rightfully so). But I still feel bad. I don’t like to see people in stressful situations... like when she lost her wallet. I know I would be hysterical in both situations.

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Nah, sorry, it's weird.
A 25 year old man should want his independence and privacy.
I don't care if he's contributing or really smart or trying to start a career.
At a certain point, it's weird to be a grown man sleeping on a twin bed at your parents house.
Get a roommate if you can't afford a place on your own.
There's being close to your family, and then there's putting your adult life on hold because of a failure to launch.
How on earth do you bring a date back to your twin bed at your parents house?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Sure, Jan. Makes perfect sense to take your 4 year old BACK out to the side of the busy road for b roll.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 485728.jpg[/img]
Kish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Kish »

And it would’ve been a great way for Missy to reach her 5,000-step-goal for the day!

If she’s still keeping up with that activity.
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

Theirmom wrote:Nah, sorry, it's weird.
At a certain point, it's weird to be a grown man sleeping on a twin bed at your parents house.
There's being close to your family, and then there's putting your adult life on hold because of a failure to launch.

Maybe he just doesn't want to be in a relationship right now. He may choose to move out at some point and start dating - or maybe he's just not interested in getting married, period. Like I said, not everyone takes the marriage and/or kids path in life, and that's ok. Image

I get what you're saying, I just don't think he's that old or it's that strange. (Based on what we know. It could be a failure to launch situation, and then I'm with you 100%.) He can still have his independence and privacy while living there. I lived with my parents for a time in my late 20s due to some health issues, and we were 3 adults living in the same house - we left each other alone and did our own thing, for the most part. Maybe he just has different goals.

lurkernomore
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lurkernomore »

Theirmom wrote:I resent the concern trolling comment.
I speak from experience. I know what it's like to suffer the consequences of obesity.
At just 31 years old I was diagnosed as borderline fatty liver disease and insulin resistant, on the cusp of type 2 diabetes. I had already been in physical therapy for joint problems. I had chronic pain and persistent fatigue. I couldn't enjoy my life the way I should at that young age.
I ATE myself damn near to an early grave.
Two thirds of American adults are doing the same thing.
When I say I'm CONCERNED about the health of two people that I watch everyday, I'm not trolling.
Obesity is a global epidemic, and you're gawd damned right I'm concerned about two internet famous people with a huge following of impressionable youth promoting an unhealthy lifestyle.
Not to mention that I don't actually hate them. I don't want them to be unhealthy. They're so codependent and enmeshed with her extended family (who also seem to have weight/health problems), that if anything happens to any of them, those kids will be screwed.
This is a hell of a lot more serious than hurt feelings. It's a national health crisis.

To clarify, I wasn’t referring to your post as concern trolling. I read your recent post as totally sincere and empathetic. That’s why I said I don’t buy 90% of it. You’re the 10%. Yay!

Plus, you’ve never made posts about how repulsive their bodies are. So that’s why I believe you when you say it’s concern. Sorry if you felt personally attacked.

menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

cat9480 wrote:

Maybe he just doesn't want to be in a relationship right now. He may choose to move out at some point and start dating - or maybe he's just not interested in getting married, period. Like I said, not everyone takes the marriage and/or kids path in life, and that's ok. Image

I get what you're saying, I just don't think he's that old or it's that strange. (Based on what we know. It could be a failure to launch situation, and then I'm with you 100%.) He can still have his independence and privacy while living there. I lived with my parents for a time in my late 20s due to some health issues, and we were 3 adults living in the same house - we left each other alone and did our own thing, for the most part. Maybe he just has different goals.

Jimmy isn't doing his own thing, he's his sister's minion and his parent's accessory. That cannot be good for his confidence or his social life!

There is nothing wrong with staying at home until you are financially and emotionally prepared to leave, BUT lets not pretend that it's somehow more responsible than doing the hard thing of venturing out on your own and starting new. Nowadays everyone wants to stay at home long enough to buy a new car, and fancy electronics, but then it's so much harder when they do move out and have to start paying for things themselves having grown accustomed to a financial situation that just isn't realistic. You aren't going to move out of your parents home and instantly have everything they have. There are too many people staying at home for this reason who should probably grow up a bit and learn to fly on their own. Jimmy is going to find a girlfriend, move her in and they will be a multi-generational home just like the Hollisters were with B&M in the beginning.

No one leaves the cult of Hollister.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

cat9480 wrote:Wow. I don't think I've ever judged them as hard as I do today. Missy not only ran out of gas, but ended up getting a ride home for her and Ollie with a random stranger. She had no service to call for help, and was on a hill that wasn't really safe to walk on - so her choice was taking a ride from someone, or walking up the hill with Ollie. (Bryan said to comment what you would do in this situation....umm, I would plan ahead so it didn't happen in the first place!)

Things happen, but they have run out of gas so many times and lost important stuff so many times. They've completely crossed the line between "everyone makes mistakes" and "we are completely irresponsible." I think I said back when she lost her wallet on the plane that it's one thing when her ditziness affects only her and Bryan, but completely another thing when it involves small children who rely on her. It's not "so funny" (as Bryan put it), it's so scary that she is like this and is responsible for raising two children. And she somehow believes it's cute and that it's all good because she has Mimi and Papa to rescue her. (At one point, she was sitting on the side of the road hoping Papa would just know to show up because she was in trouble ImageImageImage)

I've been thinking about a list of the top worst/most offensive moments from the vloggers I watch regularly (E&J, Ruby, Bonnie-although I don't really find her offensive, Chloe&Beans, and Bumps). This would certainly be up there! Maybe not as high as the 'soft as a baby's bum' thing, but up there...
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

I can't speak for Jimmy, but as an adult who lives with their parents, it's not always about having no independence. I am younger than Jimmy, but old enough that I still feel the judgment for it. It's because I have to bide my time until I can start college (four years late bc of several issues that were out of my control). It's not something I'm just doing even though I have other options because I'm getting a free ride. There are no other options for me.

And I have a full size bed :lol:

Sorry for the personal stuff, I know people hate that, but wanted to add in my two cents.

But I understand where you're coming from, theirmom. They're creepily close to family (that might just be weird to me??? from my point of view and the way I grew up, the obsession they have with each other is weird) and don't really have much lives of their own...I guess we don't really know if Jimmy is an independent soul despite living at home, or if he leeches off his parents and does nothing. From what I can see, it seems like he could easily start his life and move out, but he's just...not. Missy's the worst, though, imo. Missy and Bryan would 100% still be living with Mimi and Papa if they didn't have Youtube money.
ladyju28
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ladyju28 »

Im curious if he's straight or not. I mean, we've never seen him with a girl. Except that one time they forced a date on him with a girl which he barely spoke to (on camera at least).

English is not my first language.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

ladyju28 wrote:

Im curious if he's straight or not. I mean, we've never seen him with a girl. Except that one time they forced a date on him with a girl which he barely spoke to (on camera at least).

English is not my first language.
I think he's just very, very shy. You can feel the awkwardness anytime he's on camera.
sammi1991
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by sammi1991 »

DidEyeSayIt wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
sammi1991 wrote:@lurkernomore

Amen sister.

Long time lurker here, I've been reading here for years and have pretty much agreed with everything that's been said. Missy and Brian defiantly have some issues, plenty that I'd love to comment on. But fat shaming is not one of them. It's easy for people to sit behind a computer and fat shame someone when most likely they're overweight themselves. I just couldn't sit back and read here anymore, this subject has really irked me! Sure, missy eats like shit. In all the years I've watched them, I've never seen her eat a veggie. Nor do their kids eat veggies, it's the parents fault. However I don't believe missy is fat at all, she's put on a couple of pounds but who doesn't!?? She's unhealthy, but she's not too overweight. Damn, I'd be happy be with her body. I think that's what is irking me. Women should be helping each other, not putting each other down. If missy does read here, then maybe if someone said something motivating and helpful, it may change her way of thinking about food. My two cents- missy you're loaded with cash, get yourself a personal chief and eat better!
You are all missing the point. Days and days of dat shaming Bryan and none of you step in and say something, but everyone Missy gets brought into it it's too far. I don't think Bryan should be mocked and shamed as he is, but if weight is a topic for discussion, then Missy's rapid weight gain IS CONCERNING. It's the elephant in the room no one mentions because people are more sensitive to her feelings because she's a woman.

And yes most of us do care about their health because this is the same diet they are feeding their children. It's going to lead to all kinds of health issues, and is likely to blame for Oliver's sudden crashes. It isn't lack of information, because they once mocked parents for feeding their children French fries. They know what's healthy/unhealthy and they just don't care.

Their comments section is for motivating/encouraging/supporting them. Mention their health though and you'll be blocked. This site is for discussing their vlogs freely where they don't have to read if they don't want to.

Lol at the "she's put on a couple of pounds but who doesn't?" She has put on at least 20 pounds in the last 3 years. At her weight, that has significant health consequences. Not to mention how bad it probably is for her back, which is a concern given her mother's back issues.

This was Missy after she had Oliver....

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... b7a809.png[/img]
Missy was also younger in this picture. Seems like the older I get the harder it is to lose weight. Also, having kids can be stressful and I find that I “stress snack”. Doesn’t mean it is okay to be eating so much junk food... but Missy is human. Hey, at least she is getting in some physical activity! And it’s also not like they have a YouTube channel claiming to be fit and related to being fit.

When I said she put on a couple of pounds, I wasn't being literal. It was a figure of speech. Yes, missy has put on more than a couple of pounds but I'm not going to play the guessing game. Because I stand by what I said, I don't think she's fat. I think she's unhealthy.

Return to “Daily Bumps”