• Advertisement

Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Re: Ellie & Jared: So Tender, So Fun... | Part 32

Postby HelloSweetie » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:43 am

Kaylor1 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:^^^^ she was also very patronizing and condescending throughout and a lot of their things were referred to as "trash" or "garbage."

It was pretty terrible. Go back and read the thread from that time. We were just starting to see the light with E&J, but I remember people thinking they were being assholes.
I am far from an Ellie fan but I remember Jared being more rude about the whole "de-junking" than Ellie was. But I did notice Ellie wasn't helping much and she kept talking more about her family and her childhood when ever they would start reminiscing. Like let them have a moment my God lady your family wasn't the gold standard!!!!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Talking about how her family did throngs better is exactly what I was referring to when I said she was patronizing and condescending. You're right, Jared was awful too. They BOTH talked about his parents like they were old and being moved into a retirement home.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby onbreak » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:18 pm

Have any of you ever moved a parent? My mom just moved and this was kinda how we treated her. She had avon lotions unopened and "from the 1900s" as my daughter said
She didnt want to get rid of anything until she got to her new place, so we were moving things that were literally trash.
Its true when they say, when you die your kids won't want your crap ..toss it

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Extreme Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:21 pm

onbreak wrote:Have any of you ever moved a parent? My mom just moved and this was kinda how we treated her. She had avon lotions unopened and "from the 1900s" as my daughter said
She didnt want to get rid of anything until she got to her new place, so we were moving things that were literally trash.

I have helped clean out my grandparents house and throw things away, but the difference is that E&J were publicly embarrassing and patronizing them.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby gopedjane » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:32 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:
onbreak wrote:Have any of you ever moved a parent? My mom just moved and this was kinda how we treated her. She had avon lotions unopened and "from the 1900s" as my daughter said

I have helped clean out my grandparents house and throw things away, but the difference is that E&J were publicly embarrassing and patronizing them.
Exactly. To film it is a totally different beast.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
gopedjane
Talker

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:15 pm

But that was within your family. Yes, I have moved a parent. A parent with dementia, who wanted to keep _everything_. I never would have talked that way to her on a video being uploaded to the internet for thousands of people to see so I could make money. They profited off of humiliating Jared's parents. I get rolling your eyes and asking why on Earth your mom needs some of the junk older people who have lived somewhere a long time hang onto. But that's within the family. Not put out for public consumption. And they didn't do it in a way that was likely to help someone else going through the situation. It was laughing at his parents during a sad, stressful time in their lives. For views.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:16 pm

gopedjane wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

Exactly. To film it is a totally different beast.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
You said it much more succinctly than I. Thanks.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby staceybrax » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:14 pm

We recently moved my mother in law and it was a nightmare, she had about 75 old DVD player remotes, school books from her kids from 1994, old flip phones etc.. so much crap! And she wouldn’t throw a single thing away, it’s so frustrating moving junk from one house to the next.
But as others have said, you’d never shame them publicly. We joked about my MIL’s house amongst ourselves and gave her crap about it but I wouldn’t put it on YouTube.
Imagine if Jared’s parents friends or people from their church had seen the vlogs Ellie and Jared put out from that time, that would be so embarrassing for them. It was one of the first times we really saw Ellie and Jared’s nasty sides come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
staceybrax
Guru Gossiper

Postby Bethypooh51 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:59 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:I think the problem with E&J is all the preaching and talking all the time. They no longer show us what they did all day, they tell us. We don't see they are good people, they tell us they are! Around the time Cal was born vlogs stopped making sense. They would say things like they weren't going to start looking at houses for another 6 months, and then only days later were looking at houses. With their vlogs I always feel like I've missed a vlog. Jared does all his explaining, and still I never have any idea what they are doing. Bonnie and Ruby have predictability. They still have simple hours and family centric lives. E&J are just different.

This is so true! This is why I just don’t enjoy E&J vlogs anymore. It is like they are so lazy or they are so done vlogging that instead of pulling out the camera to show you what they are doing they tell the viewers. There is nothing in their vlogs that is keeping them fresh and new. Ellie is forcing the happy faces, you can tell she is miserable, everything is so on the surface and fake. I have noticed this trend with a lot of family vloggers they get in a rut and think they are making great content but it is just boring and uninspired. Even DailyBumps seem to be tanking in new subs. You know what I used to Love about the old Ellie and Jared, they were so relatable. They lived in a nice rental, did fun activities, had friends over, did play dates. Stuff that all of us do. Then they started making more money and Ellie started buying expensive clothes, giving each other expensive gifts, moving into a new home completely furnished with new furniture, buying a new camper and the largest hot tub they could find. All of a sudden they are out of the league of their target audience and it made them and in relatable and unenjoyable to watch. Ok those are my thoughts for the day!! Lol!!
Bethypooh51
Talker

Postby natalka81 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:19 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:^^^^ she was also very patronizing and condescending throughout and a lot of their things were referred to as "trash" or "garbage."

It was pretty terrible. Go back and read the thread from that time. We were just starting to see the light with E&J, but I remember people thinking they were being assholes.

Do you know which thread it is or roughly when it happened?
natalka81
Gossiper

Postby RecklessDisregard » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:23 pm

Ditto. We're going through something similar with my MIL right now. Does she need to keep a half-empty cannister of Tang that expired in 2011? No, of course not, but she is a headstrong lady and I think she would fade really fast without her dignity. The Tang thing is funny in a way (and is by no means the wackiest or least valuable thing she insists on keeping), but I'm not exactly featuring her in a video that will be seen by thousands of people (probably including many that she knows personally) either.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:38 pm

natalka81 wrote:

Do you know which thread it is or roughly when it happened?

It's in part 9. Feb 7, 2017.

Disclaimer: There was a big divide on this board at the time. Some posters had started questioning E&J and others weren't too happy about it
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby onbreak » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:24 pm

I get that they were videoing inappropriately.. I couldn't or wouldn't video that type of situation.. Not going to look up the vlog.. Might check out the thread .
But they are idiots and they think they are funny (insert Ellies fake horse teeth laugh)
But it is an over whelming situation..all around.. That's what I was getting at.

onbreak
Extreme Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:52 pm

onbreak wrote:I get that they were videoing inappropriately.. I couldn't or wouldn't video that type of situation.. Not going to look up the vlog.. Might check out the thread .
But they are idiots and they think they are funny (insert Ellies fake horse teeth laugh)
But it is an over whelming situation..all around.. That's what I was getting at.

I honestly don't think anyone would fault them for feeling overwhelmed, or not knowing what to say when confronted with someone wanting to keep years-old frozen persimmons because "I might want to make cookies". And they could have vlogged about that and been sensitive to the Mechams. But they didn't. And I think that's where people take issue. It's not that they felt that way or even that they joked about it. But because they were so insensitive and dismissive of the Mecham's dignity. But they are often guilty of over sharing.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby amyfalafal » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:01 pm

re: moving your parents
konmari that shit. I've got my parents into konmari as they're moving to a different country and need less things to bring in the massive shipping container!
amyfalafal
Gossiper

Postby madi_b_123 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:49 pm

Kinda off topic and personal but I think it’s pretty funny! When we moved my grandma out of her home of 40+ years in 2001, there was a jar of spaghetti sauce in the freezer labeled July 1975! To be fair, she grew up during the depression so she never wanted to throw food away but you wouldn’t believe the stuff we found in her house. Again, we weren’t filming or making fun of her but spending any amount of time in a home obviously accumulates a lot of stuff.

madi_b_123
Informer

Postby f4k_oyevey » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:12 am

OT and personal as well, but, in 2003 we cleaned out my grandparents house of 40+ years and we found canned food that was dated 1978! Ha!

f4k_oyevey
Amateur

Postby kittypurry » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 am

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171019/53d51c21f86b5a487c6fbe878eb6fd56.jpg[/img]

At least he's not extra crispy

kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper

Postby Kaylor1 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:25 am

Why makes it worse us how emotionally and physically drained grandma and grandpa were during the whole process. Let's not first they house was be repossessed!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Kaylor1
Informer

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:11 am

kittypurry wrote:
At least he's not extra crispy

If i thought Ellie had the mental capacity to do it, i would totally say she's got to be punking us at this point. But unfortunately i don't think Ellie is that smart, and really thinks comparing her child to a pot roast is cute.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby tnchk1187 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:04 am

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171019/2afdc2c60d76602f090c4659d7f1dc41.jpg[/img]

Her feet on that counter make me want to gag!

tnchk1187
Talker

Postby onbreak » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:08 am

tnchk1187 wrote:[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171019/2afdc2c60d76602f090c4659d7f1dc41.jpg[/img]

90% of all of that probably went into the trash after the photo

onbreak
Extreme Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:31 am

tnchk1187 wrote:

I was just coming here to comment on her nasty looking feet on the counter. Who want's to show dirty looking bare feet in a cooking video? Alos, why does she have to be so extra? All the thumbnail attention CANNOT be on the food Ellie prepared!!! She has to lay out on the counter like some Mormon Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition model.. ALL EYES ON ELLIE!!! ALL EYES ON ELLIE!!!! *plays Tupac in the background*
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby onbreak » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:54 am

Tupac ha.. I think they are more "woo" tang

onbreak
Extreme Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:58 am

onbreak wrote:Tupac ha.. I think they are more "woo" tang

This just made me snort laugh.. :lol:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:58 am

tnchk1187 wrote:[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171019/2afdc2c60d76602f090c4659d7f1dc41.jpg[/img]

You can see how dirty her feet are! Ewww.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

PreviousNext

Return to Ellie and Jared