C&K: The Struggle is Real...ly Hard to Relate (Part 14)

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: C&K: The Struggle is Real...ly Hard to Relate (Part 14)

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They are really in trouble. They're losing subscribers and few vlogs are even breaking 50K views. The _top_ income for the year on Social Blade is $117K/year. DB's top _monthly_ income is $181K. That's gotta drive Cullen nuts. [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 2e93ee.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... 65cb76.jpg[/img]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
anich177
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by anich177 »

Offtopic:
lmmomSD wrote:They are really in trouble. They're losing subscribers and few vlogs are even breaking 50K views. The _top_ income for the year on Social Blade is $117K/year. DB's top _monthly_ income is $181K. That's gotta drive Cullen nuts.
It's like I said earlier, I give it 6 months before Cullen has to find another job because they hold on or much longer at the rate of their channel growth.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

anich177 wrote:Offtopic:
lmmomSD wrote:They are really in trouble. They're losing subscribers and few vlogs are even breaking 50K views. The _top_ income for the year on Social Blade is $117K/year. DB's top _monthly_ income is $181K. That's gotta drive Cullen nuts.
It's like I said earlier, I give it 6 months before Cullen has to find another job because they hold on or much longer at the rate of their channel growth.
I believe it. And it's going to be hard for Cullen to adjust to any kind of regular work schedule. Is he going to be able to keep up the lifestyle Katie is accustomed to? No wonder they're tense.

anich177
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by anich177 »

lmmomSD wrote:
anich177 wrote:Offtopic:
I believe it. And it's going to be hard for Cullen to adjust to any kind of regular work schedule. Is he going to be able to keep up the lifestyle Katie is accustomed to? No wonder they're tense.

Exactly what I was thinking Katie isn't gonna settle anymore than she already has and her parents aren't gonna let her.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Just curious but why do you guys think Cullen should even be the one to return to work? He doesn’t have any higher education and hasn’t worked in years. It would be better for them if Katie went back to work (because she has an actual degree and would be making a lot more money) and Cullen stayed home with the kids/ continued youtube until it dies out.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I think it will be a while before either one of them return to work. If Austin and Brittany could afford to stay afloat after Austin's wall-fucking scandal, Cullen and Katie can keep it going for a while.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I don't get why some of you think Katie has entitled behavior. Just having wealthy parents doesn't cause entitled behavior. In fact, I don't think she was brought up that way. Her parents seem like very down to Earth people. I don't think Katie acts entitled at all.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

marshmallowfluf wrote:Just curious but why do you guys think Cullen should even be the one to return to work? He doesn’t have any higher education and hasn’t worked in years. It would be better for them if Katie went back to work (because she has an actual degree and would be making a lot more money) and Cullen stayed home with the kids/ continued youtube until it dies out.
Katie has made it clear she doesn’t want to go back to work, so it would have to be up to Cullen.
cynthiadancer
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cynthiadancer »

It doesn't make up for all of it but there is some difference between the two though because the cost of living in CA vs. AL is very different.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

marshmallowfluf wrote:Just curious but why do you guys think Cullen should even be the one to return to work? He doesn’t have any higher education and hasn’t worked in years. It would be better for them if Katie went back to work (because she has an actual degree and would be making a lot more money) and Cullen stayed home with the kids/ continued youtube until it dies out.
Because Katie has said that she's not going back to work. She doesn't want to.
And yes, there's a big difference between the cost of living in California and the cost of living in Alabama. But there is also a big difference between $117k a year, and $181K A MONTH.

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Katie needs to get over herself. She chose to have two kids, a big new house, and to put all her eggs in YouTube's basket. It's their shared responsibility to care for their children, and if that means she has to get a job then so be it.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

So she doesn’t have to provide for her family just because she doesn’t want to? Only Cullen does? Then why did she waste so much time and money at school if she never planned on working? Maybe Cullen should have been the one in college if he is the only one expected to work.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

marshmallowfluf wrote:So she doesn’t have to provide for her family just because she doesn’t want to? Only Cullen does? Then why did she waste so much time and money at school if she never planned on working? Maybe Cullen should have been the one in college if he is the only one expected to work.
Right. But she "doesn't act entitled". It's like Ellie. It's her husband's job to provide her with the lifestyle she expects. Stuck in 1950's gender roles, anyone? Why get the degree?

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

She may have made it "clear" she doesn't want to return to work (who does??) but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to maintain that lifestyle or give things up. I don't see them giving up their current lifestyle, so she may have to get a job to help support it. She has the PhD so I see her returning to work for the bigger paycheck.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

I didn't see her saying that as she was never going back to work no matter what. From what I understood, she said she is currently content and has no desires to go back to work, ie. not bored or unhappy at home.
Their channel is clearly tanking but it's still able to provide for them. I doubt that if they were struggling Katie would say "well that's too bad I'm not working", while her babies go without. I honestly doubt any parent would.
Personal, my husband and I are both SAHP/WFHP. If you asked us, we would both say we have no desire to work. But that's because it's obviously working out well for us. If that stopped being the case then we would obviously do whatever it took to provide for our family.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

I've been watching regularly since right before Gaines started walking, so Katie was already at home full time or possibly working at home a bit then. When did she make it clear she wasn't working again? Was this after she quit work or is this just an assumption?
100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

workfromhomemom wrote:I've been watching regularly since right before Gaines started walking, so Katie was already at home full time or possibly working at home a bit then. When did she make it clear she wasn't working again? Was this after she quit work or is this just an assumption?
She never said that she WOULDN'T work again, just that she didn't WANT to. I'm pretty sure she's said it multiple times but I think the last time she alluded to it was in the sit down and chat video a few weeks ago. Luke boredmamaneedsdrama said, There is a difference between "I don't want to" and "I never will". Yeah, she should be more than willing to provide for her family, but in her shoes, if I had been living the good lazy life (and no, I'm not saying all SAHMs are lazy) as a stay at home mom for 3 (?) years, I wouldn't want to go back either. I don't even want to go back after a week long vacation. I'll start criticizing her if/when their channel really tanks and she refuses to go back.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

I must have missed her saying anything about work. The way people were talking it sounded like she made a big procolomation and I've been a bit confused.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

*proclamation
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

How long did Katie work for, post-PhD? Not very long...right? It just seems kind of odd to me. I would imagine that someone with enough drive and ambition to get their PhD would have just as much passion about the field they were getting it in. I understand that she wants to be home while her kids are little, so why not say, "I have no desire to go back right now."?

I don't mean to sound judgmental at all, I'm just trying to understand it. To me, saying that you have no desire to go back just seems like such a waste in so many ways.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”