YTMD Pet Peeves

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: YTMD Pet Peeves

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Nuna wrote:My pet peeve is when people are completely oblivious to the tone in their posts. I've seen posters attack others and throw shade, but then get indignant and outraged at the slightest perception that someone is doing the same back to them. If all your posts have a million capital letters and exclamation points, you may want to chill a bit. Not every issue should have you outraged and in the red-zone just because you hate a vlogger. If someone disagrees with you, it could be because they relate to what you are complaining about, and not actually have much to do with defending said vlogger. People do all parent differently, so there is bound to be some debate and variance.
This. Obviously it's necessary/granted sometimes, but I just can't take users who write like this all the time seriously. Like... are you really that fired up? Are you just trying to emphasize certain words? Are you being sarcastic?? What's going on over there? Lmao. It's too much for me.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

According to many posters, anyone who's "ugly" is apparently not deserving of happiness. And also apparently they can control their ugliness.
fudgeitup
Talker
Talker

Unread post by fudgeitup »

fossilfinger wrote:According to many posters, anyone who's "ugly" is apparently not deserving of happiness. And also apparently they can control their ugliness.
This 100%!!! I hate when people use "she/her is so ugly" as a reason to why they are a bad person. Or when it is used as an insult or whatever. Like that isn't something anyone can really control without spending millions of dollars on plastic surgery to look like a barbie.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

fossilfinger wrote:According to many posters, anyone who's "ugly" is apparently not deserving of happiness. And also apparently they can control their ugliness.
Usually for me, it's people who are ugly on the inside (cough, Ellie, cough) that are undeserving of happiness.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
soma31
Informer
Informer

YTMD Pet Peeves

Unread post by soma31 »

When people feel the need to clog up threads and reply to Every. Single. Post. after being away from YTMD for a few days. I don't give a shit about your opinion on every single thing that was said while you were gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

I hate it when posters get so upset over something that they are SHOUTING AND OVER EXAGGERATING IN EVERY POST!!!!! Then, when someone dares to disagree, they gaslight them and tell them they need to relax and accept that everyone has an opinion because this is a gossip site. If every one of your posts has you so angry that you need to shout and be combative in every post, then maybe it's time to take a step back.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

My pet peeve is when new posters first join the site and are just so extra. The DB board is so bad for this. I get it, you probably found this place because you were sick of a vlogger, but some posts are just so harsh and immature. When the regular posters aren't generally responding to and encouraging your mean posts, then it's possible you're taking it too far :?
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

menehune wrote:My pet peeve is when new posters first join the site and are just so extra. The DB board is so bad for this. I get it, you probably found this place because you were sick of a vlogger, but some posts are just so harsh and immature. When the regular posters aren't generally responding to and encouraging your mean posts, then it's possible you're taking it too far :?
People show boat to prove how "funny" they are. It's rarely funny or effective at all.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:
menehune wrote:My pet peeve is when new posters first join the site and are just so extra. The DB board is so bad for this. I get it, you probably found this place because you were sick of a vlogger, but some posts are just so harsh and immature. When the regular posters aren't generally responding to and encouraging your mean posts, then it's possible you're taking it too far :?
People show boat to prove how "funny" they are. It's rarely funny or effective at all.
Yep. Usually they either tone it down and start fitting in better, or they go completely crazy and flame out.
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

IceCreamCone wrote:I hate it when posters get so upset over something that they are SHOUTING AND OVER EXAGGERATING IN EVERY POST!!!!! Then, when someone dares to disagree, they gaslight them and tell them they need to relax and accept that everyone has an opinion because this is a gossip site. If every one of your posts has you so angry that you need to shout and be combative in every post, then maybe it's time to take a step back.
Pretty sure I now know who this is about. Is it a certain expert on absolutely EVERYTHING?

So annoying.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

BadWolf wrote:
IceCreamCone wrote:I hate it when posters get so upset over something that they are SHOUTING AND OVER EXAGGERATING IN EVERY POST!!!!! Then, when someone dares to disagree, they gaslight them and tell them they need to relax and accept that everyone has an opinion because this is a gossip site. If every one of your posts has you so angry that you need to shout and be combative in every post, then maybe it's time to take a step back.
Pretty sure I now know who this is about. Is it a certain expert on absolutely EVERYTHING?

So annoying.
The thing is, sometimes I agree with gist of this person's posts. But all the caps and exclamation points and "How can you be so stupid? Don't you see it???" kind of statements are so off-putting. I annoyed some people when I first got here, but I listened to what people said, and hopefully annoy less people now. I was willing to accept feedback.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:
BadWolf wrote:

So annoying.
The thing is, sometimes I agree with gist of this person's posts. But all the caps and exclamation points and "How can you be so stupid? Don't you see it???" kind of statements are so off-putting. I annoyed some people when I first got here, but I listened to what people said, and hopefully annoy less people now. I was willing to accept feedback.

I get the impression she is actually very young and doesn't know near as many of the things she professes to be an expert on.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Kryptonite wrote:This Tapatalk update that doesn't let me check my inbox in a timely manner...

P.S. the rules of this thread state that you have to say the person's username unless it's a general post. It's unfair to talk about someone without mentioning their username, OP. :)

However, I do agree with everything said above. I'm unsure of which user you're referencing specifically, but I've noticed that those kinds of posters de-rail the thread with their 'expertise' and then panic when they're called on it.

_________

#StayPuffy
Thanks for the rule reminder. I will use the person's name next time I feel compelled to comment!
I love your hashtag.

IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

My apologies to Kryptonite for not mentioning names. This opinion applies to more than just this one poster, but its was spurred on by Ewokfan11. Girl really needs to relax a bit. There is crazy in every one of her posts. Plus I don't believe half the stories about how she OBVIOUSLY KNOWS something because x,y,z. In the film industry, multi-millionaire parents, has travelled a lot... yet sounds more like a child than a supposed business professional :?

But others are guilty of this from time to time to. I agree with the posters saying the DB board also has a few new posters that are "extra."
Junebug8+
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Junebug8+ »

The nicknames for Addie. It's getting old.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

Junebug8+ wrote:The nicknames for Addie. It's getting old.
And for Harlow. I liked it when it was the original ones but now it’s just ridiculous
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Sounds like I'm not the only one getting this error a million times in the last couple weeks. What gives?

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

User ytmommad_pp31 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 104
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/common.php
LINE: 113
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_connect()

FILE: [ROOT]/viewforum.php
LINE: 17
CALL: include('[ROOT]/common.php')
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Tiger27 wrote:Sounds like I'm not the only one getting this error a million times in the last couple weeks. What gives?

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

User ytmommad_pp31 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/dbal.php
LINE: 757
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/db/mysqli.php
LINE: 104
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/common.php
LINE: 113
CALL: dbal_mysqli->sql_connect()

FILE: [ROOT]/viewforum.php
LINE: 17
CALL: include('[ROOT]/common.php')
Yes it's annoying.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

Same ^ it’s super frustrating
gossipingloser
Informer
Informer

Unread post by gossipingloser »

The amount of easily-debunked misinformation about jesss in the jesssfam thread drives me insane. There’s a lot of stuff to gossip about re jessss so we really don’t need to make stuff up. (I don’t have a specific user in mind).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Boxing Ring”