Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Her mother made her wait months for a visit from the Tooth Fairy. That has to mess a kid up in some way.
...Wait...what?? Image
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Probably not what I would have gone with, but I thought the crayon/crayola box costumes were cute. Not super creative but also not something common that everyone is going to wear. It'll be cute if they wear it on Halloween with Boston's matching crayon costume.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Her mother made her wait months for a visit from the Tooth Fairy. That has to mess a kid up in some way.
...Wait...what?? Image
Oh, yeah. Jennifer definitely had some weird ideas. And if you watch some of the old home movies they've uploaded, you can definitely see where some of the things we talk about came from. There's one of Ruby knocking Beau off a bike, and the adults just film away, and don't tell her that's not ok. Can't remember exactly, but did Jennifer laugh? There's also video of the kids riding their poor dog around.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
whatashitshow
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whatashitshow »

HelloSweetie wrote:Is Bonnie now employed as Ellie's PR person? The whole vlog was praise for Ellie and Jared. Sure you learned how to let things go from Ellie.... sure. Sounds like Bonnie was invited to a vlogger party via E&J and felt the need to kiss their asses about it.

I want to see more of the Hoellein kids, not E&J hanging with B&J.

The crying thing was unnecessary and a bit mean but I can't say I haven't messed with my kids in other ways before. When you have a kid that is crying all the time though, you do become a bit desensitized to it.
It was annoying how she kept praising Ellie!! But I am pretty positive Melea and Brady (the ones that had the party) are friends of Bonnie's and B&J asked E&J to come along. I am thinking this because quite awhile ago Bonnie mentioned Melea's channel doing a Disneyland Giveaway so I tuned in and this was the same couple that went along on the covered wagon camping trip.
GuavaMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GuavaMama »

Anyone notice how Joel snapped at Bonnie in today’s vlog? It was around 9:15. I don’t know if he was joking about the tights or he was annoyed he had to wear them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

GuavaMama wrote:Anyone notice how Joel snapped at Bonnie in today’s vlog? It was around 9:15. I don’t know if he was joking about the tights or he was annoyed he had to wear them.

I missed that so I went back. I expected it to be nothing because Joel seems easy going but I actually can't tell if he was being serious or just joking. The look on his face looked serious. I'm sure he has to hold back a lot from Bonnie, he's gotta snap occasionally lol.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
...Wait...what?? Image
Bonnie talked about waiting for the Tooth Fairy to come. I think it was in one of the vlogs where Olivia loses her first teeth? Or maybe the one when Olivia shows her the coin from Grandma Griff? Its been discussed here too though.

Waiting for the Tooth Fairy... sharing a coat.... guess we know Bonnie wasn't the favorite!
menehune
Informer
Informer

Defuego wrote:Probably not what I would have gone with, but I thought the crayon/crayola box costumes were cute. Not super creative but also not something common that everyone is going to wear. It'll be cute if they wear it on Halloween with Boston's matching crayon costume.
I agree. I'm done with couples that pick costumes just because they are trying to be trendy or sexy. I thought the costumes were fun :)
menehune
Informer
Informer

Defuego wrote: I missed that so I went back. I expected it to be nothing because Joel seems easy going but I actually can't tell if he was being serious or just joking. The look on his face looked serious. I'm sure he has to hold back a lot from Bonnie, he's gotta snap occasionally lol.
I thought he sounded like he was joking.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

So what was the point asking Lincoln if he wanted to wear his cowboy boots and then shutting him down, to have him have a melt down and then be told to ask Joel who says yes? Bonnie is so weird. That was just rude.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

When Bonnie said "my favorite babysitter Rachel," I was thinking to myself...Hope Bri didn't hear that!!
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

menehune wrote:
Defuego wrote:Probably not what I would have gone with, but I thought the crayon/crayola box costumes were cute. Not super creative but also not something common that everyone is going to wear. It'll be cute if they wear it on Halloween with Boston's matching crayon costume.
I agree. I'm done with couples that pick costumes just because they are trying to be trendy or sexy. I thought the costumes were fun :)
I think the crayons were/are cute too and when Joel was talking about unwrapping the crayons, I will admit that I cracked up!
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Aww, poor little fox. Lincoln must be getting sick. I'll admit, I don't find it upsetting when Bonnie laughs at her kids, and the Jimmy Kimmel Halloween candy prank doesn't bother me either. They know they're loved, and generally when she laughs, it's because they're being drama queens. I love dramatic babies, partially because they are hilarious. I realize this puts me in the minority.

Boston's Vaseline adventure was interesting. My brother did the same thing once, at the same age, but with ground spices from the kitchen (those big bottles like they have at Costco). He doused his bedroom, then crawled inside his toybox and went to sleep. In that case, I figure it was a cry for attention and a poor reaction to changes in our life that he couldn't understand. I do wonder if Bonnie has given much thought to why Boston might have done that, instead of just being angry that he did something "bad." She did seem to be trying to control herself though.

I didn't mind the costumes. More interesting than trying to make Wonder Woman "modest." I'm guessing Ellie doesn't really get that WW's blatant sexual appeal is important to her character and a major theme of the story. Maybe next year, she'll go as a modest Playboy Bunny.

I thought Joel was kidding in the 9:15 clip.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I think the crayon costumes will be pretty cute when the kids are all dressed up too. An odd choice for just adults but it’s a cute family idea

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:When Bonnie said "my favorite babysitter Rachel," I was thinking to myself...Hope Bri didn't hear that!!
That part made me sad for Bri!

foreversoulmates
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by foreversoulmates »

calliepaige84 wrote:
YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:When Bonnie said "my favorite babysitter Rachel," I was thinking to myself...Hope Bri didn't hear that!!

That part made me sad for Bri!

I thought Rachel was Bonnie's childhood babysitter.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I think Rachel has been around since the kids were babies. It's only on the last few years that Bree has been around. Bonnie has always referred to her as a "mother's helper" so my guess is that this is another one of those Griffith's technicalities where a babysitter is someone who watches kids at night. You know, like how Ellie calls daycare "play dates."
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

RecklessDisregard wrote:Aww, poor little fox. Lincoln must be getting sick. I'll admit, I don't find it upsetting when Bonnie laughs at her kids, and the Jimmy Kimmel Halloween candy prank doesn't bother me either. They know they're loved, and generally when she laughs, it's because they're being drama queens. I love dramatic babies, partially because they are hilarious. I realize this puts me in the minority.

Boston's Vaseline adventure was interesting. My brother did the same thing once, at the same age, but with ground spices from the kitchen (those big bottles like they have at Costco). He doused his bedroom, then crawled inside his toybox and went to sleep. In that case, I figure it was a cry for attention and a poor reaction to changes in our life that he couldn't understand. I do wonder if Bonnie has given much thought to why Boston might have done that, instead of just being angry that he did something "bad." She did seem to be trying to control herself though.

I didn't mind the costumes. More interesting than trying to make Wonder Woman "modest." I'm guessing Ellie doesn't really get that WW's blatant sexual appeal is important to her character and a major theme of the story. Maybe next year, she'll go as a modest Playboy Bunny.

I thought Joel was kidding in the 9:15 clip.
I laugh at dramatic babies too. I spent plenty of time trying not to laugh at my children's meltdowns when they were little, or having to turn my head so they didn't see me laugh. The "Worst Parents in the World" memes with babies and toddlers crying over stupid things like say, sandwiches with the crust on, do crack me up. What I do take issue with, is riling the kids up and doing things purposely to make them cry, and then filming it and uploading it. For money. Like the Jimmy Kimmel thing. There's plenty of stuff that upsets the little apple cart of children's lives. They don't need their own parents doing it for views. When they're being ridiculous, I get laughing at them-- but for instance, when Olivia fell off her bike, and was all wet and miserable, Bonnie laughed and filmed from across the street (as I recall-- maybe I am remembering wrong about laughing). I'm not advocating coddling kids either. But I don't think their own parents need to be punking them, or purposely upsetting them because "crying children are funny". That's one thing about Bonnie that I find hard to take. I know her kids know she loves them. But it's still hurtful in the moment, I think.
Just felt a need to respond because I had brought up the Jimmy Kimmel thing, and it sounded like I was misunderstood. Carry on.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

LOL at Ellie and her "modest" WW. Last year she was Black Widow, wasn't she? And her sexuality was one of her "weapons", as well. Maybe she will try to be a modest Harley Quinn, lol.

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

lmmomSD wrote:I laugh at dramatic babies too. I spent plenty of time trying not to laugh at my children's meltdowns when they were little, or having to turn my head so they didn't see me laugh. The "Worst Parents in the World" memes with babies and toddlers crying over stupid things like say, sandwiches with the crust on, do crack me up. What I do take issue with, is riling the kids up and doing things purposely to make them cry, and then filming it and uploading it. For money. Like the Jimmy Kimmel thing. There's plenty of stuff that upsets the little apple cart of children's lives. They don't need their own parents doing it for views. When they're being ridiculous, I get laughing at them-- but for instance, when Olivia fell off her bike, and was all wet and miserable, Bonnie laughed and filmed from across the street (as I recall-- maybe I am remembering wrong about laughing). I'm not advocating coddling kids either. But I don't think their own parents need to be punking them, or purposely upsetting them because "crying children are funny". That's one thing about Bonnie that I find hard to take. I know her kids know she loves them. But it's still hurtful in the moment, I think.
Just felt a need to respond because I had brought up the Jimmy Kimmel thing, and it sounded like I was misunderstood. Carry on.
Sorry, I didn't mean to come across like that. It's interesting though, even Joel mentioned the Halloween prank in that clip. I think in general, people who are amused by the Halloween candy prank will probably be less critical of Bonnie for laughing at the kids in other situations. I guess I have a pretty high tolerance for Bonnie's "humor," though that's not a constant state of affairs. She really rubbed me the wrong way last year, when the Halloween costumes she had ordered online were starting to arrive, and she hyped the kids up but Cody's costume arrived later and he was so disappointed... Personally I would have waited until all the costumes arrived before distributing them to the kids, because I'm really sensitive to fairness and equal treatment (hence, complete and total dislike of Ellie).

Moving on, though... I'm enjoying Joel's adult humor lately. He's coming out of his shell a bit!

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”