DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

Unread post by lmmomSD »

queentee20 wrote:Oh I know how twitter works, I was trying to say the way he responded to her tweet was so mean... I kinda get where she’s coming from, like why does it have to be a whole production? They are vloggers not movie makers... but she truly wasn’t being mean or rude, yet he has to have a snarky smart ass comment to any little thing anyone says that isn’t praise or ass kissing :/
Especially when he's bragging about how it's going to be "so good!". They're always so cringey! Not so good. But she didn't even say that. She just nicely asked why not doing a regular vlog. God forbid anyone should question the Almighty. Bryan.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Kish
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Kish »

//Following//
DidEyeSayIt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DidEyeSayIt »

queentee20 wrote:
DidEyeSayIt wrote:Oh yea, I forgot some people brought up that people only get paid by having kid friendly videos? I have no clue how YouTube works. So Ellie and Jared don’t get paid for their miscarriage videos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s considered advertiser friendly as long as it’s not in the title or tags...and you can also submit it to YouTube for a manual review where an actual person will decide if it’s ok or not. I believe miscarriage videos are fine because they aren’t really considered violent or controversial? Difference is, DB have already sold their souls to kid content, even if they wanted to exploit their loss for money, I strongly doubt they would because then they risk losing their child audience, in the end they’d lose more than gain by talking about it... idk, I personally don’t think kids go around looking up miscarriage videos?
Ah, makes so much sense! Thanks!!

DidEyeSayIt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DidEyeSayIt »

queentee20 wrote:Oh, I’d love to hear everyone else’s responses to this... so I usually always fast forward through the Halloween skits, I think I can handle about 15 seconds at most until I start cringing... anyone else??
The stupid skit last year was the worst thing I ever laid my eyes on. And ears on because they way they all spoke was just ridiculous... hearing them attempt to read their horrible script. I think it was Mimi’s voice that really bugged me for some reason. The whole thing was stupid... even for 8 year olds to watch.

cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

Unread post by cat9480 »

queentee20 wrote:Oh, I’d love to hear everyone else’s responses to this... so I usually always fast forward through the Halloween skits, I think I can handle about 15 seconds at most until I start cringing... anyone else??
Oh, I sort of love it because it's such a train wreck Image The terrible acting, Ollie mumbling poorly written lines, Bryan acting like he's Steven Spielberg. It's all so bad it's good. Remember Missy in that awful Tinkerbell wig and Mimi as Wendy last year? ImageImageImage And the awkwardness of Cassie and Jimmy?

Speaking of terrible acting, we haven't heard anything about Ollie's becoming a big Disney Channel star in ages. Gee, I wonder why? I love how they were all about showing off that they were going to Disney studios and telling us there were all these top secret plans in the works that they would be able to share soon...and - surprise, surprise - not another word about it.

lurkernomore
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lurkernomore »

DidEyeSayIt wrote:
The stupid skit last year was the worst thing I ever laid my eyes on. And ears on because they way they all spoke was just ridiculous... hearing them attempt to read their horrible script. I think it was Mimi’s voice that really bugged me for some reason. The whole thing was stupid... even for 8 year olds to watch.
I've only been watching them for about a year and a half, and I haven't really gone back to watch old videos (except for specific ones that have been discussed here), so I only encountered the weird Pirate/Neverland thing last year ... but I couldn't make it through the full video. But I have seen the numbers on their Halloween videos and am just kind of shocked at how popular they are. I guess it's nice that it's a creative project that they work on together as a family, but I cannot believe HOW MUCH MONEY they spend on these and HOW VERY BAD they are. My guess is there are little kids who watch them over and over again ... but wow.

I agree that this year is going to be Nightmare Before Christmas themed. It just has to be. This time last year Ollie was "obsessed with" that Neverland/Pirate show, much in the way that Nightmare Before Christmas -- which I don't even think Ollie's old enough to really "get" anyway -- is constantly talked about this year.
spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

They also have definitely bought views in the past so who knows how genuine the views on the Halloween videos are?

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I believe the numbers on their toy story video. I bet there are many little kids that watch it every day.
brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

Ollie wanted to answer questions?? Really Missy? Your child has difficulty forming a generic sentence on a regular day as it is - I'm sure it was idea (major eye roll) :? He didn't even want to be there - but he was fed his answers the whole time so what was the point of that scene?? Ummm NOOOOO Missy - Finn doesn't "need" all those things, you have basically programmed him to think he does and the trapping canopy is just so that you don't have to get up early to take care of your child!! Aww how nice - they took Luna out of her crate to celebrate her birthday? So that means atleast once a year she will be able to roam around the house!!
Kish
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Kish »

Cgl33 wrote:I believe the numbers on their toy story video. I bet there are many little kids that watch it every day.

Agreed. I’ve seen another mommy-vlogger’s video a couple of years ago, when the Frozen Fever-trailer/-teaser was released. She showed it to her little daughter who was mesmerised – and replayed it … and replayed it … and replayed it …

ETA: Therefore, I can vividly imagine other little kids loving these skits in a similar way
Ethereal
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Ethereal »

What we see:
Bryan: Ollie, do you remember how we got Luna. How did we get Luna?
/cut/
Ollie: SANTA BROUGHT HER!

Reality:
Bryan:Ollie, do you remember how we got Luna. How did we get Luna?
Ollie: meh... yeah.
Bryan: How did we get her? Who brought her?
Ollie: /shoulder shrug + jumps around/
Bryan: Dont you remember, santa brought her, didnt he?
Ollie: yeah /unimpressed/
Bryan: Okay, now say it to the camera!
Ollie: Santa...
Bryan: Say - Santa brought her!
Ollie: Santa brought her.
Bryan: Ollie!! Be more excited, what have I taught you!
Ollie: SANTA BROUGHT HER!
Bryan: good job, I can work with that.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

spacekitty wrote:They also have definitely bought views in the past so who knows how genuine the views on the Halloween videos are?

That's true, but the Toy Story one, which is AWFUL, has over 80 million views. That is OTT even for Bryan buying views. And it's just so bad. Missy and her "There's a critter in trouble!" And Bryan looking like a stuffed sausage in the Buzz uniform *shudder*

spacekitty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by spacekitty »

lmmomSD wrote:
spacekitty wrote:They also have definitely bought views in the past so who knows how genuine the views on the Halloween videos are?

That's true, but the Toy Story one, which is AWFUL, has over 80 million views. That is OTT even for Bryan buying views. And it's just so bad. Missy and her "There's a critter in trouble!" And Bryan looking like a stuffed sausage in the Buzz uniform *shudder*

I think its a combo between click bait,buying views AND the children audiences interest. Because baby trapped in a waterpark has tons of views too, and I doubt that many 8 year olds really care about a random baby lol

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

queentee20 wrote:
DidEyeSayIt wrote:Oh yea, I forgot some people brought up that people only get paid by having kid friendly videos? I have no clue how YouTube works. So Ellie and Jared don’t get paid for their miscarriage videos?

It’s considered advertiser friendly as long as it’s not in the title or tags...and you can also submit it to YouTube for a manual review where an actual person will decide if it’s ok or not. I believe miscarriage videos are fine because they aren’t really considered violent or controversial? Difference is, DB have already sold their souls to kid content, even if they wanted to exploit their loss for money, I strongly doubt they would because then they risk losing their child audience, in the end they’d lose more than gain by talking about it... idk, I personally don’t think kids go around looking up miscarriage videos?
Sorry, but that's not true. The title and tags definitely matter, but I follow a lot of gaming channels who have had content demonitized for "violence" over the sound of simulated gunfire in the video.

As far as the manual review process, that is true, but it takes time to get the video reviewed. By the time youtube gets to it the video will be days old and most potential viewers will have already seen it. They do not get backpaid in that instance, and have missed out on the video's real window of profitability.
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

I think there should be a cut off time where they canno longer make money off the vlogs that we’re made years or even months ago.
Lurker4Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lurker4Life »

DidEyeSayIt wrote:
queentee20 wrote:

Ah, makes so much sense! Thanks!!

Just adding, it doesn’t have to just be the tags or title. I know people who have had videos demonetised for what’s in the video, when the tags themselves and the title are nothing harmful. I know in particular a lot of gaming channels have the issue with mild violence or cursing or adult themes getting them auto-demonitised. I think it’s also the same way people can get auto flagged for copyright when the actual owner/claimed may not have to watch the video
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

shortstop wrote:I think there should be a cut off time where they canno longer make money off the vlogs that we’re made years or even months ago.
That doesn't make any sense...then Google just gets all the ad revenue from their old vlogs? Bryan and Missy own the content, so I don't see why they shouldn't get paid for it months or 20 years later. That's how it works.

Even actors in 30/40/50-year-old TV shows that air in reruns (on cable and in foreign countries) still get residual payments.
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

I just found this video of YT family vloggers just starting out at a seminar of getting the most out of their videos! This explains everything! Lol (trust me...watch it, it's perfection, especially if you're a Star Trek fan like me, lol)

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Ugh they fed karma so much junk
No mention or hint about fin's bday next week. Sad hes going to be 2 and doesn't know any parts to "happy birthday"
Ollie pretty much confirmed its a Jack (skellington) skit they're working on

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

queentee20 wrote:To rootbeer: that’s not always true, YouTube had told me it would take until my vid hit 1000 views to review it but they took my flag away after I removed the inappropriate tag, it was resolved within a day. Yes the content & title & tags all matter as a whole. Yes if you curse in your video you get a flag, it’s a very complicated thing to work around. Which is probably why M&B don’t film at parties, they don’t film when they’re drinking, even the few times they do film they are cutting & editing all the footage. I can see why they’ve switched over to a child audience, any little thing you do can get you flagged...
Well obviously if the problem is an inappropriate tag then simply removing the tag will fix the problem. If it's an entire video that you think was flagged unfairly then you have to wait for YouTube to review it manually.

Honestly though I don't think miscarriage or loss videos are in danger of being flagged at all unless there's graphic content so the discussion is mostly moot anyway.

Return to “Daily Bumps”