DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Didn't Heidi Kim's vlog about her miscarriage get flagged? I didn't see it but I heard that it had been demonetized. I know I said this before, but the whole "everything must be advertiser friendly" push is really detrimental to creativity. I know people can still publish their vlogs, but they will be harder to find because YouTube won't promote them. Bryan and Missy wouldn't be where they are without loss videos. It's all about the money now. And that's sad to me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

shortstop wrote:I think there should be a cut off time where they canno longer make money off the vlogs that we’re made years or even months ago.
Why? It's still their video they should make money off the work they did. If there's still ads on it, they should still get paid. YouTube might not be conventional type of work but it's still work nonetheless. Would you ask an author to have their older books sold but not make anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by theg0ssiping1 »

sarahelizabeth_1 wrote: Why? It's still their video they should make money off the work they did. If there's still ads on it, they should still get paid. YouTube might not be conventional type of work but it's still work nonetheless. Would you ask an author to have their older books sold but not make anything?

.........most authors have good content whereas bry bry puts out clickbait shit to feed his family and chickens
in a world full of youtubers choose to be honest.
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

queentee20 wrote:
I think it’s all extremely confusing, even the huge youtubers don’t really understand how the algorithm works. It sucks and it’s a huge contributor to youtube’s Downfall... I give YouTube about 5 years before it goes to dust. I already know content creators who are moving to other sites since YouTube is a b***.
what sites are they going to? a friend of mine had mentioned some other platform for video people and now i am curious
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

queentee20 wrote:
theg0ssiping1 wrote:
sarahelizabeth_1 wrote: Why? It's still their video they should make money off the work they did. If there's still ads on it, they should still get paid. YouTube might not be conventional type of work but it's still work nonetheless. Would you ask an author to have their older books sold but not make anything?

.........most authors have good content whereas bry bry puts out clickbait shit to feed his family and chickens
Lol I get your point, gossip, their content isn’t good so why does it deserve to keep earning cash... unfornately, advertisers will not pull their ads off those videos, i know the dumps suck but like it or not their shit gets views, and if they get views then the advertisers make money...
true and it makes me wonder...........who the f*** clicks on their videos and says to themselves "i actually want to subscribe to them and watch tomorrow because i enjoy it and they are so relatable"

10 year olds.........thats who lol
Bambi_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Bambi_ »

I haven’t been keeping up with them, but I was on IG and saw this and he looks just like Bryan.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

theg0ssiping1 wrote:
queentee20 wrote:
theg0ssiping1 wrote:
Lol I get your point, gossip, their content isn’t good so why does it deserve to keep earning cash... unfornately, advertisers will not pull their ads off those videos, i know the dumps suck but like it or not their shit gets views, and if they get views then the advertisers make money...
true and it makes me wonder...........who the f*** clicks on their videos and says to themselves "i actually want to subscribe to them and watch tomorrow because i enjoy it and they are so relatable"

10 year olds.........thats who lol
10 year olds don't think they're relatable. 10 year olds want to be adopted by them. They think B&M are #parentinggoals because they give the boys toys every day, stay home and play with them (on the vlogs, anyway) never make them eat vegetables or do chores, and go to Disneyland 85 times a year.
So they subscribe and pretend B&M are their parents.
twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

ewokfan11 wrote:
shortstop wrote:I think there should be a cut off time where they canno longer make money off the vlogs that we’re made years or even months ago.
That doesn't make any sense...then Google just gets all the ad revenue from their old vlogs? Bryan and Missy own the content, so I don't see why they shouldn't get paid for it months or 20 years later. That's how it works.

Even actors in 30/40/50-year-old TV shows that air in reruns (on cable and in foreign countries) still get residual payments.
Not necessarily true...actors on shows like "The Brady Bunch" have given interviews stating that they only received money for X amount of reruns which stopped in the 80/90s.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
cat9480
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by cat9480 »

theg0ssiping1 wrote:

True, but as ridiculous as it is, he's still bringing in site traffic for YouTube. I'll give him that. I mean, he's managed to get some of us hate watching every day, so I guess even his crappy content and clickbait is somehow working. There's definitely authors out there with junky content who made plenty of money off their books (Fifty Shades of Grey, anyone?).

theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

cat9480 wrote:
True, but as ridiculous as it is, he's still bringing in site traffic for YouTube. I'll give him that. I mean, he's managed to get some of us hate watching every day, so I guess even his crappy content and clickbait is somehow working. There's definitely authors out there with junky content who made plenty of money off their books (Fifty Shades of Grey, anyone?).
UGH YES! i guess because i'm not that active on this thread for them i am out of the loop but what in god's name makes anyone think "let's watch this super cool family" when they see videos of him in skinny jeans. to me it's equivalent to seeing a hippo try to fit into a ziploc bag at a zoo. and i never comment on weight but for bry bry he is my exception.
djcbcn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by djcbcn »

queentee20 wrote:
twomommies wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote: That doesn't make any sense...then Google just gets all the ad revenue from their old vlogs? Bryan and Missy own the content, so I don't see why they shouldn't get paid for it months or 20 years later. That's how it works.

Even actors in 30/40/50-year-old TV shows that air in reruns (on cable and in foreign countries) still get residual payments.
Not necessarily true...actors on shows like "The Brady Bunch" have given interviews stating that they only received money for X amount of reruns which stopped in the 80/90s.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
That show is old AF... wouldn’t the contract be different? I would think more modern actors have better rights... I guess the Brady bunch ppl could sue??? Or maybe the reruns aren’t making enough $... HOWEVER, Drake recently showed how he got a check for $11 from degrassi reruns lol... I’d imagine Brady bunch isn’t making much
I think its more along the lines of if residuals are written into your contract. The actors dont own the content the networks do.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

djcbcn wrote:That show is old AF... wouldn’t the contract be different? I would think more modern actors have better rights... I guess the Brady bunch ppl could sue??? Or maybe the reruns aren’t making enough $... HOWEVER, Drake recently showed how he got a check for $11 from degrassi reruns lol... I’d imagine Brady bunch isn’t making much
I think its more along the lines of if residuals are written into your contract. The actors dont own the content the networks do. [/quote]

This is getting WAY off topic, but don't forget that Degrassi is a Canadian show. Does it even air in the U.S??? They have different laws there.

Here's how it works now:

"The original residual agreements for television shows never anticipated the number of repeat broadcasts that some well-loved television series would eventually see in syndication. As a result, the residual payments were generally limited to about six broadcasts. This was changed in the mid-1970s, when contracts for new television shows extended residual payments without limit on the number of repeats.

Under the current system, the television production company retains 80% of the fees earned from reruns. The other 20% is paid to the various performers and off-camera crew."

So people with syndicated shows (like Friends, Seinfeld or The Simpsons) are making millions from reruns.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

queentee20 wrote:I can’t missy seriously, crying over how busy they were because they have parties and a music video to go to? Sorry, you’re riduclous.... and testing for the catering for their Halloween party?! Who tf have these people become???
I had to rewind to actually make sure I’d heard her right... crying because you’re so busy???? Give me a break! One day she didn’t even have to take Ollie to school because she called Jim to come and do it! She doesn’t cook, they eat out every meal, she had a sink full of dishes, she lets those kids run wild, Ollie is old enough to help pick up. We know she’s got a maid/cleaner at least once a week, so what does she actually do? Shop, film a music video, date night, plan for a big party, and maybe give some thought to her almost forgotten second son.
We haven’t seen the chickens in how long now?
It was very strange that they didn’t show that Kelsey and Corbin were at their house filming. I had the impression it was after the corn maze.
Did they give all the scary maze stuff to those people? Did they say they used it last year?
Duh, you think Ollie couldn’t sleep because of all the scary stuff he saw? He didn’t like it you idiots! He’s a little 4 yo, no wonder he couldn’t sleep.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Corbin and Kelsey were at their house before and after the haunted maze/house/thing. They were obviously drinking or something before they went because Kelsey seemed drunk or high at the haunted thing.
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

i'm excited to see the makeshift birthday party they throw for finn in comparison to the galas they'vethrown ollie for his past birthdays.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

theg0ssiping1 wrote:i'm excited to see the makeshift birthday party they throw for finn in comparison to the galas they'vethrown ollie for his past birthdays.
Me too.. That's the only reason Im sticking around #rememberFinley

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Okay, obviously women are human beings and we have the same emotions as anyone else. I'm a very emotional person and can cry anytime lol

But the fact that Missy is someone who never cries and she's crying over being busy with ENJOYABLE, COOL things? I'm not saying anything definitive, but I'm running a little faster alongside that pregnancy train.
momma2twinnies
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by momma2twinnies »

Has anyone noticed Bryan's new fake laugh? its absolutely KILLING me every time he does it. I cant even explain it other than its the laugh of a total d-bag lol
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Missy is overwhelmed and crying? What is she overwhelmed with? Professional catering and decorations? Getting her makeup done? Watching her housekeeper clean? Gee Missy, that might be a sign that you aren't ready for a third baby...
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Cgl33 wrote:Missy is overwhelmed and crying? What is she overwhelmed with? Professional catering and decorations? Getting her makeup done? Watching her housekeeper clean? Gee Missy, that might be a sign that you aren't ready for a third baby...
Jeez-- this is like Cullen and Katie with their "our life is so stressful with flying to California for parties and throwing bashes for our children, even though both of us are home 24/7!". Boo freaking hoo. This is where YouTubers get me annoyed. Yeah, you're really ready for another child if picking out caterers for your Halloween party is sooo stressful, and you're hardly giving any thought to your two year olds birthday party.
I really wish she'd do a wife swap with a military spouse, or even someone whose spouse works and doesn't have family nearby to bail them out all the time.

Return to “Daily Bumps”