DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyAppropriatingCultures (Part 97)

Unread post by tintin15 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Cgl33 wrote:Missy is overwhelmed and crying? What is she overwhelmed with? Professional catering and decorations? Getting her makeup done? Watching her housekeeper clean? Gee Missy, that might be a sign that you aren't ready for a third baby...
Jeez-- this is like Cullen and Katie with their "our life is so stressful with flying to California for parties and throwing bashes for our children, even though both of us are home 24/7!". Boo freaking hoo. This is where YouTubers get me annoyed. Yeah, you're really ready for another child if picking out caterers for your Halloween party is sooo stressful, and you're hardly giving any thought to your two year olds birthday party.
I really wish she'd do a wife swap with a military spouse, or even someone whose spouse works and doesn't have family nearby to bail them out all the time.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Yes, can she please swap places with a stay at home mom who has to take care of her children, alone, all day, every day???? Oh, the humanity! :-o :-o :-o :-o She'd be a weeping mess after a day. She can't even take care of her own kids for an hour by herself.
theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by theg0ssiping1 »

but guyyyyyyyyyyyys she works remember?

pawning the kids off with meemee and papa is a full time gig
in a world full of youtubers choose to be honest.
princessanp
Informer
Informer

Unread post by princessanp »

lmmomSD wrote:
Cgl33 wrote:Missy is overwhelmed and crying? What is she overwhelmed with? Professional catering and decorations? Getting her makeup done? Watching her housekeeper clean? Gee Missy, that might be a sign that you aren't ready for a third baby...
Jeez-- this is like Cullen and Katie with their "our life is so stressful with flying to California for parties and throwing bashes for our children, even though both of us are home 24/7!". Boo freaking hoo. This is where YouTubers get me annoyed. Yeah, you're really ready for another child if picking out caterers for your Halloween party is sooo stressful, and you're hardly giving any thought to your two year olds birthday party.
I really wish she'd do a wife swap with a military spouse, or even someone whose spouse works and doesn't have family nearby to bail them out all the time.

Yesss. I’m a military spouse, my husband works 16 hour days and when he’s not at work he’s sleeping. I have two kids 3 1/2 and 1 1/2, I’m by myself every single day. We are 600 miles from all our family and friends. I don’t get breaks. My adult conversation is occasionally FaceTiming family. However I wouldn’t change it for the world because I’m able to be a stay at home mom. While it’s hard it’s the most rewarding thing in the world! What’s so sad is that she’s not even enjoying the best parts of parenting. She has literally zero stressers and still doesn’t enjoy those babies like she should. I’m sure her days out with Ollie consist of her phone in her hand, shopping and paying him no attention, or vlogging. It’s so sad to see them get so lost in the money that they are forgetting what truly matters. Oliver has both parents at home with him all the time. He should be so talked to and interacted with, his speech should be so much better. My son is a year younger then him and he interacts with me so much better then Ollie seems to in the vlogs. It’s so sad. I can’t imagine not talking to him all the time! They are so cute at this stage.

Rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ladyju28
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ladyju28 »

Hope this is just before the party and that his party is not boring.. poor Finny Image[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... bada50.jpg[/img]
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

princessanp wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

Yesss. I’m a military spouse, my husband works 16 hour days and when he’s not at work he’s sleeping. I have two kids 3 1/2 and 1 1/2, I’m by myself every single day. We are 600 miles from all our family and friends. I don’t get breaks. My adult conversation is occasionally FaceTiming family. However I wouldn’t change it for the world because I’m able to be a stay at home mom. While it’s hard it’s the most rewarding thing in the world! What’s so sad is that she’s not even enjoying the best parts of parenting. She has literally zero stressers and still doesn’t enjoy those babies like she should. I’m sure her days out with Ollie consist of her phone in her hand, shopping and paying him no attention, or vlogging. It’s so sad to see them get so lost in the money that they are forgetting what truly matters. Oliver has both parents at home with him all the time. He should be so talked to and interacted with, his speech should be so much better. My son is a year younger then him and he interacts with me so much better then Ollie seems to in the vlogs. It’s so sad. I can’t imagine not talking to him all the time! They are so cute at this stage.

Rant over.

YESSSS!!! They give so much lip service to how great it is that they can be home with the boys, and then stick them in front of a screen so they can do whatever they want. Sometimes I wonder why they had them. Actually, I know-- the reality of parenting didn't live up to Missy's fantasy. It's hard work! But it's also so much fun! It's so great seeing them learn, and seeing how their little minds work. Those kids have both parents home-- they should be so advanced!
Thanks for supporting your husband so he can serve! I was a Navy wife, and my husband was gone a LOT, between workups and the actual cruise. It was hard to be all alone, away from any family. I can't even imagine Missy handling that!

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Ugh poor Finn. His mother is so inconvenienced by him, he is getting in the way of her big halloween party! She is just sooo stressed with all the parties.
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

One picture of Finn in everything that they’ve posted so far. Wonder if missy had him in his room during the party. Looks like it was not age appropriate for a two year old (of course).

brownprincess93
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by brownprincess93 »

Have you guys noticed that Missy is always kissing Ollie only in the beginning? She doesn't even acknowledge Finn!! Poor baby - his birthday is in a few days so the attention should be more on him anyway! They need any excuse to dump Finn off - like they could have just gone to buy toilet paper and he would still be there. Ollie's catch phrase "let's do this" is getting played out and the fact that they tell him to say it all the time means he couldn't care less about saying it! Missy is so stupid - like she clearly grew up eating chicken fingers, she doesn't even know what empanada's are?? Like how dumb can you be!! She lives in California for crying out loud - there are Taco Bells and Mexican restaurants at every stinking corner! He should just put some fries and bread in a plate for her at the party - she's so useless! I love how even in the end Ollie gets a hug for Finn's birthday party - Missy...since you read here...please make sure you make the card out to F-I-N-N and not Ollie!!! #DumbestMotherOnThePlanet
kellynicole
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kellynicole »

ladyju28 wrote:Hope this is just before the party and that his party is not boring.. poor Finny Image[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201710 ... bada50.jpg[/img]
What is Missy’s snap? And Bryan’s? I thought I added her but nothing ever shows up...

Rosiex3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Rosiex3 »

Aw my heart Finn is adorable

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

You people complain when they have super extravagant birthdays and complain when the birthdays are less extravagant, but still way more than 99% of kids get on their birthdays. Finn is not hated or an inconvenience any more than Ollie is to them, she couldn't even take ollie to school the other day and made papa do it for fucks sake.

She is a lazy mom, to BOTH kids. When the camera is not rolling I guarantee both get the same amount of attention and spend 90% of their time in the playroom watching tv. We do see more of Ollie in the vlogs because he can be their puppet and talk. As soon as Finn can talk he will be doing the same dumb skits and catch phrases that Ollie does.

kellynicole
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kellynicole »

queentee20 wrote:What is Missy’s snap? And Bryan’s? I thought I added her but nothing ever shows up...

Bryan’s snap shows more than missy’s but I will say missy’s bod looks Fcking amazing in that Wonder Woman costume!!! Gah damn[/quote]

Is it just “missylanning” and “bryanlanning”? I have them both added but I can’t see their snaps

sarahelizabeth_1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sarahelizabeth_1 »

I really don't want to piss anyone off or offend anyone but I just have to ask, what's wrong with having a piñata?

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:I really don't want to piss anyone off or offend anyone but I just have to ask, what's wrong with having a piñata?

I've been to tons of "white people" birthdays and they have piñatas a lot of the time. I don't see what's wrong with it. Kids love it!
ughpleasee
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ughpleasee »

The only thing that really pisses me off is seeing them have a piñata or eating at Mexican restaurants yet she doesn’t know what empandas are?!? They are a classic sweet delicacy... usually sweet, I feel like the stuffing of meats and such is white washing them, since I basically grew up in Mexico and never once saw them like that. Anyways, I wish they’d educate themselves before borrowing things from other cultures. I’m not trying to start a war here, they just REALLY need to read a f***ing book or something.
I grew up in Mexico, like lived there my whole life until I was 15, and never ever saw a sweet empanada. We used to eat tuna, chicken or beef empanadas, so I really do not think having savory empanadas is considered white washing. I don't really mind them getting a piñata either. Kids love them, and I doubt its done as way to mock the culture. The tribal make up on the other hand...
Last edited by ughpleasee on Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

So the vlog tomorrow is Finn's party? The round tables gave off a weird vibe. Not like it's a crab feast and people are going to sit and stay for a while.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

queentee20 wrote:Wow they forgot to give the kids their candy bags! Missy spent so much time crying and slaving over these poor candy bags and she forgot to give them to the kids....
(Insert that dumbass laughing track now)

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

queentee20 wrote:What is Missy’s snap? And Bryan’s? I thought I added her but nothing ever shows up...

Bryan’s snap shows more than missy’s but I will say missy’s bod looks Fcking amazing in that Wonder Woman costume!!! Gah damn[/quote]
The photo of the three superhero’s I don’t think is missy. It’s not her voice if you listen to the sound.
I think those three are hired help/ entertainment.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I thought that Wonder Woman was missy at first too and then realized missy has shorter hair. I don't understand how people can say "poor Finn gets a shitty birthday." 3 hired superhero actors and the rest we haven't even seen. They always keep the birthdays under wraps until the day off. Can someone post screenshots from instagram stories? I don't have instagram.

ughpleasee
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ughpleasee »

queentee20 wrote:
ughpleasee wrote:
The only thing that really pisses me off is seeing them have a piñata or eating at Mexican restaurants yet she doesn’t know what empandas are?!? They are a classic sweet delicacy... usually sweet, I feel like the stuffing of meats and such is white washing them, since I basically grew up in Mexico and never once saw them like that. Anyways, I wish they’d educate themselves before borrowing things from other cultures. I’m not trying to start a war here, they just REALLY need to read a f***ing book or something.
I grew up in Mexico, like lived there my whole life until I was 15, and never ever saw a sweet empanada. We used to eat tuna, chicken or beef empanadas, so I really do not think having savory empanadas is considered white washing. I don't really mind them getting a piñata either. I think I'm much, much bothered by the tribal make up, which I feel like its 100% cultural appropriation. But the thing I'm angriest about its poor Finn's birthday party. They really do not care for that little boy! Not even one post about his party, hopefully he had fun even if it wasn't as big as Ollie's.
I grew up in the Reynosa side of Mexico! It’s so strange to me that you never saw sweet empanadas!! It’s all like all we have here. Gorditas are usually what we put meat in... finn’s party isn’t important though, they’re too busy figuring out if the empandas are good enough for their stupid Halloween party lol
I grew up in Mexico City, so pretty far from there lol. But yeah, never heard of those. I feel like burritos and hard-shell tacos are the ones that aren't really mexican, but I still eat them haha

Return to “Daily Bumps”