OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011InvisibleMilestones (Part 40)

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

workinprogress wrote:
1979 wrote:I find it funny that so many people doubt the possibility that Lily is being bullied. Often times kids will pick the weakest child and harass them, that is the nature of bullying. Watching Lily I would have no doubt that she would have difficulty sticking up for herself with her language and social delays. I am currently working with a child that is on his third school because of bullying. This child is quirky and a little different and that is all it takes for people to make fun of him. He is constantly called "gay" and a variety of other things just because he is more sensitive and has different tastes than the other boys. With Lily's difficulties and shyness it really isn't a stretch to see that she would be targeted. Also, bullying happens all the time in younger grades.
I don't think anyone is saying "there's no way she's being bullied", it's more so that Vanessa is a mess. I wouldn't put it past her to be one of those moms that causes problems with the school district. My mom is a special ed teacher for elementary school kids, and I've heard SO MANY stories about moms crying wolf about their kids in situations like Lily's. I've also heard of moms saying their kid is being bullied, but it's because that kid is rude to others and the mom doesn't believe it because their kid is "so shy at home". It's very possible, sadly, that Lily would be an easy target for bullying like you said, so it's definitely a big possibility for her. However, I wouldn't doubt that she causes some issues in school (as a lot of little kids do, it happens frequently), or Vanessa causes problems. I hope that she isn't truly experiencing bullying though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lily will probably get bullied in school, kids are shitty and go after those who don't fit the "norm" both aesthetically and socially.

BUT we do we on SC and in vlogs how Lily has to fight for her Mom's attention, so I don't think it would be a huge stretch to say she might act out a bit in school to get attention from her peers and teacher, whether it's negative or positive attention.
Kitina13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kitina13 »

workinprogress wrote:
smom12 wrote:Anyone see her last tweet? Apparently there is a bullying problem and she is complaining about another teacher.

Um, If you have a problem with multiple teachers on different schools, maybe YOU are the problem V.

Or maybe Lily is the problem? I didn't see her tweet bc I don't care to follow her, but if Lily has behavior issues then there's no doubt in my mind that she'll encounter problems in school. I bet Lily caught a little bit of Aria's "negative attention seeking" behavior considering her mom ignores her just as much as Britney ignores Aria. First Lily refused to nap or follow directions from that other teacher (not justifying the actions of said teacher, but it's Lily's fault for misbehaving), and now she's encountering bullying in kindergarten?? Seems to me like Lily needs to learn how to listen and behave in classroom settings! I wonder if it was retaliatory bullying from Lily doing something "mean" to another kid, or if it was genuinely just a kid being mean for no reason?

I can't believe I just read what I did lmao. Lily's fault for misbehaving??? No. 100% teachers fault for the way she handled it. Lily is a special needs child, with delays. Of course she needs to learn to behave in a classroom setting, all kids do and she might need more time. Maybe it's because I don't get a mean vibe from lily at all, but I have a feeling she is not the problem if she's getting bullied...smh
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Well never really know. She will just sweep it under the carpet and will never mention it again for like 6 months.

Dumbledore
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Dumbledore »

Dumbledore wrote:I wouldn’t doubt it if she had been bullied, I worked at a preschool/daycare last summer and there were 2 class “bullies” that were hard to control and went around snatching things from other kids and pushing or hitting. I wonder if it’s Lily being individually targeted or if the “bully” is just an out of control child.

Anyway, I know everyone here thinks lily is the sweetest child ever but even David commented on Lily’s attitude last time he came to visit, he said she’s CHANGED and he didn’t mean it in a positive way. It’s in the Q&A “no more babies” around 9:50
Just saw the actual tweet. She says they haven’t had any problems with students bullying just another problem with a TEACHER. Hopefully she explains what happened.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Dumbledore wrote:
Dumbledore wrote:I wouldn’t doubt it if she had been bullied, I worked at a preschool/daycare last summer and there were 2 class “bullies” that were hard to control and went around snatching things from other kids and pushing or hitting. I wonder if it’s Lily being individually targeted or if the “bully” is just an out of control child.

Anyway, I know everyone here thinks lily is the sweetest child ever but even David commented on Lily’s attitude last time he came to visit, he said she’s CHANGED and he didn’t mean it in a positive way. It’s in the Q&A “no more babies” around 9:50
Just saw the actual tweet. She says they haven’t had any problems with students bullying just another problem with a TEACHER. Hopefully she explains what happened.
Poor Lily is going to have to suffer for the rest of her life, not due to her turner syndrome but due to her idiotic mother.
workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workinprogress »

Kitina13 wrote:
workinprogress wrote:
smom12 wrote:Anyone see her last tweet? Apparently there is a bullying problem and she is complaining about another teacher.

Um, If you have a problem with multiple teachers on different schools, maybe YOU are the problem V.

Or maybe Lily is the problem? I didn't see her tweet bc I don't care to follow her, but if Lily has behavior issues then there's no doubt in my mind that she'll encounter problems in school. I bet Lily caught a little bit of Aria's "negative attention seeking" behavior considering her mom ignores her just as much as Britney ignores Aria. First Lily refused to nap or follow directions from that other teacher (not justifying the actions of said teacher, but it's Lily's fault for misbehaving), and now she's encountering bullying in kindergarten?? Seems to me like Lily needs to learn how to listen and behave in classroom settings! I wonder if it was retaliatory bullying from Lily doing something "mean" to another kid, or if it was genuinely just a kid being mean for no reason?

I can't believe I just read what I did lmao. Lily's fault for misbehaving??? No. 100% teachers fault for the way she handled it. Lily is a special needs child, with delays. Of course she needs to learn to behave in a classroom setting, all kids do and she might need more time. Maybe it's because I don't get a mean vibe from lily at all, but I have a feeling she is not the problem if she's getting bullied...smh
Reading back what I said, it didn't come across as what I meant. Obviously the teacher was in the wrong, no debating that. However, Lily didn't want to nap (fine, whatever), but apparently wasn't following directions for the alternate activity given to her. I'm not at all meaning to say that Lily deserved to be man handled like that, but she clearly has a hint of behavioral issues based on that situation. She can't sit still to color (I think that's what I remember V saying was the other activity), so she does deserve to be "punished" (using that term loosely...usually like losing recess or something) for misbehaving. Again, not at all trying to excuse the actions of the teacher, but she's not an angel in school I'm sure.

workinprogress
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workinprogress »

Dumbledore wrote:

Ugh...I don't know if I should hope she's BSing this or not. If she's exaggerating the situation then she's only hurting Lily in the long run, but I also obviously hope that Lily isn't truly dealing with another bad teacher. She doesn't deserve either of those scenarios

Kitina13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kitina13 »

I can't believe I just read what I did lmao. Lily's fault for misbehaving??? No. 100% teachers fault for the way she handled it. Lily is a special needs child, with delays. Of course she needs to learn to behave in a classroom setting, all kids do and she might need more time. Maybe it's because I don't get a mean vibe from lily at all, but I have a feeling she is not the problem if she's getting bullied...smh[/quote]
Reading back what I said, it didn't come across as what I meant. Obviously the teacher was in the wrong, no debating that. However, Lily didn't want to nap (fine, whatever), but apparently wasn't following directions for the alternate activity given to her. I'm not at all meaning to say that Lily deserved to be man handled like that, but she clearly has a hint of behavioral issues based on that situation. She can't sit still to color (I think that's what I remember V saying was the other activity), so she does deserve to be "punished" (using that term loosely...usually like losing recess or something) for misbehaving. Again, not at all trying to excuse the actions of the teacher, but she's not an angel in school I'm sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Sorry if I was extra I just took that the wrong way. But I do think if the teachers can't handle lily that is not Lily's fault. there will always be children that are harder to handle because of delays or behavioral issues. They need extra time and attention, but they aren't 'bad'. I'm just speculating about all this lmao idk what the issue is really
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Not to add another side to the debate but I can see Vanessa going in and acting like Lily is a typical child and the teachers treating her as she is a typical child. We all know if she is not a typical child. It absolutely does not excuse any miss treatment of Lily, but it does put a little bit of the blame on freaking Vanessa.
mara7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mara7 »

She’s really feeling herself today on Snapchat
marshmellow
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by marshmellow »

The problem here is Lily is special needs. She needs extra care and patience due to her intellectual and social delays. Is she going to the same school as before where she was allegedly man-handled ? Because if these things with teachers are repetitive, something somewhere isn't working out. It is either the school (trust me some religious schools are crappy) I would actually SIT DOWN and talk to Lily first. V has no time for her and is too busy buying Rae done and her little man.
Face it. It has been a rough year for Lily. David getting deployed , birth of a new child, a move ? It is stressful for anybody. I hope she gets the care she needs.
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Ummmmmm so a teacher helped lily get out of the car and apparently that’s bullying

Vanessa- how about you park your borrowed minivan and walk your ass to Lily’s class to drop her off. I mean really.

Barrx2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Barrx2 »

Idk why but her story sounds like BS to me...

SunnyLove
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by SunnyLove »

I'm sorry but if someone "grabbed and yanked" my child out of the car, my car would be stopped in the middle of the carpool lane and I would be confronting this teacher. I would not be casually saying "bye lily" no no no. Someone is getting their ass handed to them if that were me.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I’m too old to have the Twitter can y’all screenshot and post here so I can see it?
Ilovecats
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ilovecats »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I’m too old to have the Twitter can y’all screenshot and post here so I can see it?
She explained it on Snapchat!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
js2013
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by js2013 »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:Ummmmmm so a teacher helped lily get out of the car and apparently that’s bullying

Vanessa- how about you park your borrowed minivan and walk your ass to Lily’s class to drop her off. I mean really.

Right? Not saying that the teacher should have done what she did, but teachers are people too and become frustrated. Especially if she is getting criticism from her principal because the line is not moving fast enough. I bet this is not the first time that Lilly has been slow getting out of the car. Those lines move really fast and I'm sure it is very difficult for her Vanessa a hundred percent needs to park and walk her to the door.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
mydietsucks_1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mydietsucks_1 »

SunnyLove wrote:I'm sorry but if someone "grabbed and yanked" my child out of the car, my car would be stopped in the middle of the carpool lane and I would be confronting this teacher. I would not be casually saying "bye lily" no no no. Someone is getting their ass handed to them if that were me.
Thats why I think it is bullshit. If a teacher laid hands on my child (not in a helping way, but aggressively like V said), I would be out of that car in a millisecond, not calling the principal later to talk about it.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

What are the odds that 2 different teachers in 2 different schools “rough handled” Lily?

Dumbledore
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Dumbledore »

It sounds like she liked all the attention that other bully teacher story got her so she’s exaggerating this and making it sound way worse than it actually was.

Return to “2011teenagemom”