C&K: The Struggle is Real...ly Hard to Relate (Part 14)

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: The Struggle is Real...ly Hard to Relate (Part 14)

Unread post by Playsinrain »

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Prefacing this with.. it really doesn’t bother me if bloggers I watch upload or not. Lots of people get irate when vloggers skip a day or are “late” uploading. Across the board this isn’t something that upsets me, no matter who it is.
That being said, I don’t care that they didn’t upload yesterday mainly Bc the live streams are crap content and I’ve never watched them anyway, mostly based on what is said here. I would rather them not upload at all than have to sit through a live stream. I skip them anyway so no biggie to me.
I’ve said it before but vlogging is the ultimate “lazy man’s” job. They pick what they do, when they do it and if they even want to work that day. Every vlogger on YT is there Bc they don’t want to have the responsibility of getting up and going to work every morning. If they don’t want to upload, that’s their perogitive. Yes Cullen’s tweet was dismissive but it’s not going to make me stop watching them. I don’t take what he says personally. If they don’t want to work, their job allows for that flexablity. Idk.. it’s just weird to me that people get all bent out of shape of a video isn’t uploaded or is “late”...
I don't think anyone is bothered that they didn't upload. More so that Cullen tweeted that there would be a live stream "soon" and then 45 minutes later was like "Meh, I don't give a shit. No live stream. Even though some of you are in a later time zone and may have waited up to watch. Too bad so sad."
I get that the tweet was dismissive, i totally understand that. But then, if you are staying up late to watch a live stream of a vlogger.. idk thatis just weird to me too.
I guess my whole thing is he is his own boss, one of the perks of being your own boss? Working when you feel like it, taking off when you feel like it. I'm not saying he isn't being lazy, bc like i said every vlogger is.. but it's his choice. I would love to have that job flexibility, even though my job is VERY flexible.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

marshmallowfluf wrote:These youtubers seem to think that moving into their dream home will change their whole lives and make them better people, but they are still the same lazy people they were before. Katie used to say that when they moved she would be more organized LOL
I think she is more organized, at least i thought she was. The kitchen is WAY less cluttered than it used to be, the whole house really. Yeah the play room is a mess most days, but who's isn't. It's funny bc i was watching old vlogs and thinking about how people hated their cluttered kitchen and thinking about how they have done a good job at not letting it get that way at the new house.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

C&K: The Struggle is Real...ly Hard to Relate (Part 14)

Unread post by askeptichere »

I think the kitchen clutter has moved into that room next to the laundry room by the side door to the driveway. Ever notice how they always cut the vlogs so they don’t show that room when they leave that door open? So while they’re doing a good job of keeping the kitchen clean, it’s just moved into a different spot in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: C&K: The Struggle is Real...ly Hard to Relate (Part 1

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

FitMom wrote:I think the issue with them is how they handle everything. They always seem entitled and have never been good with criticism.

If they just simply said "It has been a long day, I am sorry there will be no live stream today". I am sure many people wouldn't be as negative towards them.

And we definitely hold them to a higher standard than other vloggers. But, that is because they are older/wiser and we thought smarter. The more I see these things happening the more I can't believe that they have changed this much. There are also so many bad parenting choices I see that I just can't believe my eyes. I just don't understand it really.
I agree, it could have been phrased a lot differently and a bit nicer.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

My biggest issue is with their attitudes. Not necessarily that they didn't upload.
Like others have said, if they said "hey, its been a long day we are skipping the live video" that would have been one thing, but his tweet was pretty dismissive of the viewers who are essentially making it so he's able to be his own boss. If he ticks off enough viewers he wont have the luxury of being his own boss...and ya know what, I am my own boss and its not near as relaxing as Cullen thinks it should be. Sometimes (often) I work more then my employees, because its up to me if I succeed of fail. Cullen seems to have forgot that.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:I think the kitchen clutter has moved into that room next to the laundry room by the side door to the driveway. Ever notice how they always cut the vlogs so they don’t show that room when they leave that door open? So while they’re doing a good job of keeping the kitchen clean, it’s just moved into a different spot in the house.

At least we don't have to see it. LOL i think we are all guilty of having at least one area of our house we don't want the general public to see.
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

I wonder what it’s going to take for them to throw in the towel? Their attitudes suck.

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I'm a little peeved at the arrogance/dismissiveness as well, but more than anything, I'm kind of....worried about them? I know this has been discussed for a while now, but I really do think that something is up with Cullen - something bigger than just being "fed up." Whatever is going on, I really do hope they/he can work through/past it, for the kids' sake more than anything.

However, that being said, a part of me can't help but view it as attention seeking. I mean, duh, they attention seek for a living so I'm not sure why I'm so hesitant to say/think this. But I just know that personally, if I'm really struggling with something, I'm not going to hint toward the fact that something's wrong if I don't actually want to/plan to share... But I know, I know, everyone deals with things differently. It just makes it kind of hard to feel sympathetic when I can't help but question the motives behind Cullen seemingly asking for it. It seems like he wants people to ask "what's wrong?"

It's kind of a double edged sword at the same time, though. If they are going through a hard time and just put on a brave face, they would be accused of being fake and phony (e.g, E+J). But maybe they don't want to be completely open with whatever is going on (which completely is their prerogative), but don't want to be fake happy at the same time, so it comes off as attention seeking. I don't know... I feel like I'm just rambling now, lol, but I just can't make up my mind about how I feel about the whole thing.

(Side Note: I think I'm failing miserably at the point I'm trying to get across, so bless you if you actually read/understood this post...haha)
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

auntasaurus19 wrote:I wonder what it’s going to take for them to throw in the towel? Their attitudes suck.

Yep. Katie could have live streamed too, but I agree she is taking on too much. C&K used to be held to a higher standard, but I really don't see where that is the case anymore. I don't think people are being hard on them, I actually think they get far more passes than other vloggers would.

It isn't that they skipped a Livestream, but as someone else said, how dismissive C was about its. He has such an "off" attitude lately, that he just isn't fun to watch anymore. He can be so much better.... and has been! I find it hard to watch someone basically take their good fortune for granted.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I'm a little peeved at the arrogance/dismissiveness as well, but more than anything, I'm kind of....worried about them? I know this has been discussed for a while now, but I really do think that something is up with Cullen - something bigger than just being "fed up." Whatever is going on, I really do hope they/he can work through/past it, for the kids' sake more than anything.

However, that being said, a part of me can't help but view it as attention seeking. I mean, duh, they attention seek for a living so I'm not sure why I'm so hesitant to say/think this. But I just know that personally, if I'm really struggling with something, I'm not going to hint toward the fact that something's wrong if I don't actually want to/plan to share... But I know, I know, everyone deals with things differently. It just makes it kind of hard to feel sympathetic when I can't help but question the motives behind Cullen seemingly asking for it. It seems like he wants people to ask "what's wrong?"

It's kind of a double edged sword at the same time, though. If they are going through a hard time and just put on a brave face, they would be accused of being fake and phony (e.g, E+J). But maybe they don't want to be completely open with whatever is going on (which completely is their prerogative), but don't want to be fake happy at the same time, so it comes off as attention seeking. I don't know... I feel like I'm just rambling now, lol, but I just can't make up my mind about how I feel about the whole thing.

(Side Note: I think I'm failing miserably at the point I'm trying to get across, so bless you if you actually read/understood this post...haha)
I agree with this, and i also hope for their sake that whatever the issue is, they work through it and make things work for all of them.

I also agree with the attention seeking side of it, and how that can be a tricky thing to navigate. Obviously there is some issue, they have talked about it publicly. They don't seem to want to discuss the entire issue on camera, which is fine, we don't need all the details or the dirty laundry. But i do think that Cullen is looking for someone to take sympathy on him and ask him what the issue is. I am sympathetic to a point, everyone has relationship issues from time to time and i really hope they overcome them. It almost feels like to me, that Cullen is willing to discuss things (he generally has seemed more open to discussing things on the vlog more so than Katie. She seems like a more private person.) but Katie doesn't want to, so he winds up doing things like this to drum up sympathy, but it winds up seeming dismissive and harsh. Cullen has never been too good with words, and i don't think he realizes how tone comes across in text form.
Idk if it's just me but honestly, Cullen has not been the same since his father died. Idk if he's depressed or maybe living with some regret.. something clicked in him when his father passed and he hasn't gotten past it. I don't mean that in the sense that he needs to get over it, or anything like that.. i just don't think hes 100% ok mentally and i hope he or Katie sees it as well and gets him some help. I feel like he and his dad has a very up and down relationship and that maybe he's still working on that loss.
abbytalks12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by abbytalks12 »

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Prefacing this with.. it really doesn’t bother me if bloggers I watch upload or not. Lots of people get irate when vloggers skip a day or are “late” uploading. Across the board this isn’t something that upsets me, no matter who it is.
That being said, I don’t care that they didn’t upload yesterday mainly Bc the live streams are crap content and I’ve never watched them anyway, mostly based on what is said here. I would rather them not upload at all than have to sit through a live stream. I skip them anyway so no biggie to me.
I’ve said it before but vlogging is the ultimate “lazy man’s” job. They pick what they do, when they do it and if they even want to work that day. Every vlogger on YT is there Bc they don’t want to have the responsibility of getting up and going to work every morning. If they don’t want to upload, that’s their perogitive. Yes Cullen’s tweet was dismissive but it’s not going to make me stop watching them. I don’t take what he says personally. If they don’t want to work, their job allows for that flexablity. Idk.. it’s just weird to me that people get all bent out of shape of a video isn’t uploaded or is “late”...
I don't think anyone is bothered that they didn't upload. More so that Cullen tweeted that there would be a live stream "soon" and then 45 minutes later was like "Meh, I don't give a shit. No live stream. Even though some of you are in a later time zone and may have waited up to watch. Too bad so sad."
That’s exactly what it is. That dismissive attitude is quite mean to those who may have stayed up to watch their stream.

Southerndunes260
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Southerndunes260 »

I do wonder if Cullen has postnatal depression? And dealing with his dad's death etc.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

If he's looking for sympathy, strangers on social media are not where to go looking for it. He has such a strong support system including his wife, mother, sisters, and in-laws. Hell, even Bryan and Jared could lend an ear since they can relate with YouTube struggles. And if all else fails, seek out a professional. Katie has her phd in psychology. She should know the importance of mental health and if Cullen can't open up to those around him, perhaps she should encourage him to find his own therapist to help him learn strategies to work out whatever he may be going through.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I think Cullen is just a man child who doesn't like to be told what to do or how to do it. And I think its hurting his ego that Kelly's channel is the success it is.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Let's also not forget that Cullen is a prime age for a "midlife crisis." I don't think it's any regret from his father because he was fine up until a few months ago. I think he's gotten too used to eating a poor diet, drinking and partying with Jay and its starting to catch up with him. Katie lives with him and if whatever his deal is is causing issue between the two of them, then I'm less likely to think it's just depression. I'm sure Katie would be more sensitive to something like that. To me it's something bigger going on with Cullen, and that Katie recognizes it's a problem, but is excusing it now because others are seeing it too.

I used to roll my eyes at those who would suggest he had a drinking problem. The more things like this happen, the less I'm sure it couldn't be that....
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

HelloSweetie wrote:
auntasaurus19 wrote:I wonder what it’s going to take for them to throw in the towel? Their attitudes suck.

Yep. Katie could have live streamed too, but I agree she is taking on too much. C&K used to be held to a higher standard, but I really don't see where that is the case anymore. I don't think people are being hard on them, I actually think they get far more passes than other vloggers would.

It isn't that they skipped a Livestream, but as someone else said, how dismissive C was about its. He has such an "off" attitude lately, that he just isn't fun to watch anymore. He can be so much better.... and has been! I find it hard to watch someone basically take their good fortune for granted.
They get many more passes than other vloggers. These are the same people who left their two year old in the car during a storm while they sat down to a family dinner. If anyone one else had done that several people would have called child protective services. There's always an excuse for them. It's probably why they feel like it's okay to waste their viewers time. I'm sure the next time they live stream, there will be people won't bother to watch or care.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:Let's also not forget that Cullen is a prime age for a "midlife crisis." I don't think it's any regret from his father because he was fine up until a few months ago. I think he's gotten too used to eating a poor diet, drinking and partying with Jay and its starting to catch up with him. Katie lives with him and if whatever his deal is is causing issue between the two of them, then I'm less likely to think it's just depression. I'm sure Katie would be more sensitive to something like that. To me it's something bigger going on with Cullen, and that Katie recognizes it's a problem, but is excusing it now because others are seeing it too.

I used to roll my eyes at those who would suggest he had a drinking problem. The more things like this happen, the less I'm sure it couldn't be that....

I agree, if it were stemming from his fathers death I think Katie would be reacting differently. She is taking whatever Cullen's issue is VERY personally.
Cullen hasn't really grown up, yeah he used to watch Gaines by himself but he played a lot of Xbox while she slept most of the day. Youtube used to be fun, everyone loved them but now its becoming a job and people are questioning their actions, its not so fun anymore so he doesnt want to do it.
FitMom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by FitMom »

Lovethesnark wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

They get many more passes than other vloggers. These are the same people who left their two year old in the car during a storm while they sat down to a family dinner. If anyone one else had done that several people would have called child protective services. There's always an excuse for them. It's probably why they feel like it's okay to waste their viewers time. I'm sure the next time they live stream, there will be people won't bother to watch or care.

Exactly, also driving in a golf cart with two young children on busy streets. I also noticed they went for a little drive in Jay's new car without a car seat for Gaines. You know he was driving around the neighborhood to show them the car. So dangerous. They forget that accidents happen in neighborhoods too, especially with all the blind spots and curves.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Anyone think some marital issues or divide could be coming from his sister being back on the scene? Just wondering.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

actuallydear wrote:Anyone think some marital issues or divide could be coming from his sister being back on the scene? Just wondering.
It could be. I wondered a couple of weeks ago if he introduced the sister to weed. I wonder if it's something they do together and Katie is telling him that it isn't okay?

Return to “Cullen and Katie”